[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, some fitfag posted the other day about listening to podcasts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Apple_Podcast_logo.png (106KB, 891x891px) Image search: [Google]
Apple_Podcast_logo.png
106KB, 891x891px
So, some fitfag posted the other day about listening to podcasts instead of music during cardio. Thought I'd give it a go and ended up listeing to some Quentin Tarantino interview on Nerdist.

It was awfully cringeworthy but I liked the idea. Cardio went by fast.

Can anyone recommend good podcasts?

I'm just discovering them, but I like the talkshow style the most (although there seem to be some good radioplays going on)

My intersts

>Cinema/filmmaking
>Science fiction
>Cars
>DIY, Carpentry
>Cooking
>Fitness

I'm interested on learning new shit, specially about finance.

tl;dr, recommend podacasts, bitches.
>>
>>35333420
Askhodgetwins videos
>>
>>35333420
I thought listening to podcasts was bad during running because of the pacing.
>>
Brooooo I got you.
Podcast junkie here

Alright, so, here are my top subscriptions:

Astonishing legends
Lore
Criminal
Freakanomics
Mark Bell Powercast
This American Life
Mystery Show
The Moth
Serial
Stuff You Should Know
Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
>>
>>35333420

How Stuff Works - stuff you should know.
Big backlog to choose from.
>>
That's kinda like asking 'What's a good TV show?', like, what sort of things are you in to man, what are your tastes to start with?
>>
>>35333420
Freakonomics
>>
>>35333420
this guy
https://soundcloud.com/themonday-morning-podcast
>>
>>35333498
He gave you his tastes
>>
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.

Get your learn on you piece of shit.
>>
>>35333420
Why would you listen to tarantino?
>>
>>35333420
Myths and legends podcast.

Night vale is good too if you're into that
>>
>>35333536
ding ding ding
>>
>>35333565
I used to really like him, and then I grew out of it. I still somewhat like his new stuff, but not him. With H8 coming out, I thought about giving it another try.

>>35333465
Thanks for the suggestions, though most of them seem a bit too esoteric for me.

>>35333456
wouldn't know

>>35333498
re read m8
>>
I've been listening to eLIFE and Radiolab. They touch some very interesting topics.

http://elifesciences.org/podcast/episode23
http://www.radiolab.org/story/308403-blood/
http://www.radiolab.org/story/taung-child/
http://www.radiolab.org/story/fu-go/
http://www.radiolab.org/story/nazi-summer-camp/
>>
>>35333465
I can vouch for Lore, it's a great listen.
>>
>>35333420
Tim Ferriss Show. Disregard his fitness advice though.
>>
>>35333601
I'll check those out.
>>
>>35333465
freakanomics is bro-tier, that book got me to question a lot of things in terms of "objective truth" and people exploiting bad data back when i was in middle school. giggled like a bitch when I realized they had a podcast
>>
>>35333420
I like WTF and bill burr
each podcast is diverse enough that theres usually one in the library im in the mood for
if youre into sports/comedy and listeneng to 50 year old men complain then thats right up your alley
oh and /k/ news bulletin for any you faggots itt
>>
Chewin it with Kevin and Steve
The Joe Rogan Experience
Hardcore History
Serial
>>
God Tier:
Intelligence Squared: US Debates. You'll learn a bunch of shit from this, and everyone is at least reasonably convincing and usually very well-qualified.

High Tier:
Radiolab longer episodes
Planet Money when they're not doing filler (you'll be able to tell - sometimes they're talking about the fed, sometimes about a guy who buys onions)
Invisibilia
99% invisible

Mid Tier:
Hidden Brain (The host sounds like a retard but he gets good people on)
The Long Now seminars
Three Moves Ahead / The Game Design Round Table
Freakonomics, depending on the person
APM Marketplace (Daily)

Low Tier:
The Art of Manliness. Occasionally worth a listen, but the guy seems like such a corporate shill and his guests are shit half the time.

I also like The New Yorker Political Scene, Guitar Music Theory Lessons, Philosophy Bites, and Food Science 101. Haven't been able to find a good cooking podcast that delves into science though.
>>
>>35333773
I enjoy Radiolab so I'll check those out.
>>
>>35333420
HDTGM
>>
I've got ~20 subscriptions (I work in IT so I have plenty of time to myself), but here's my current favorite:

>Wired's Gadget Lab
Very relaxed show of entertaining people having conversations about tech shit, mostly new and pre-release stuff but also moon-shot ideas and old tech they miss. After listening for a year, one of the hosts left and it died... Then my buddy from high school filled his position and they brought it back. Laughed my ass off the first time I heard his voice
>>
Art of charm is pretty good. It covers a huge array of topics.
>>
We're Alive, A story of survival is the best radio drama I've ever heard.
>>
>>35333420
Car talk on NPR is great. Idk if they have a cast

My favorites are walking up with Sam Harris, the Ben Greenfield podcast, reply all, we the people
>>
>>35334877
Sam Harris' Waking Up is a great podcast. His guests are fantastic and there's great discussion without a whole lot of circle-jerking.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.