[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can do 3 reps of 110kg for deadlifts. But i can somehow still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 2015-12-21 14.41.38.png (1MB, 1588x730px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-21 14.41.38.png
1MB, 1588x730px
I can do 3 reps of 110kg for deadlifts.

But i can somehow still only do 3 reps at 100kg. Shouldnt I be able to do like 5 or something if ive dropped the weight by 10kg?

I just find it impossible to get off the ground - what can i do to improve my starting pull off the ground?
>>
>>35326932
>1. Stop wearing running shoes while deadlifting
>2. Stop pulling sumo. Sumo makes it harder off the floor
>3. Stop using mixed grip for such light weight
>>
>>35326932

Deficit deadlifts
>>
>>35326932 Most likely point of failure is the hands, your body proprioceptively won't let you pull a weight it can't hold. Try is with wraps and see if that helps, and work in heavy pulling, farmers walks, or shrugs if it does. I've got tiny skinny wrists and my grip has always been an issue with deadlifting. You're probably not pulling enough to need any hyper specific grip work, just more in general and more focused gripping.
>>
>>35326950

i have to use sumo because I have super inflexible ankles
>>
>>35326950
this, although point 2 should say
>2. Stop pulling sumo. Sumo is a meme invented by fat powerlifters and is considered cheating by 99% of all gym-goers.
>>
>>35327183
that doesnt make any sense, you dont need ankle flexebility for DL
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-15-17-16.png (295KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-15-17-16.png
295KB, 1080x1920px
>>35327198
>>
>>35327212
for pulling conventional you set up with the bar like an inch from your shin and the extent to which you bend your ankle is just such that your shin contacts the bar.

Do you squat?

Can you literally not into ankle dorsiflexion?
>>
If that's you in the pic, no you can't.
>>
>>35327236

I can squat highbar, lowbar is impossible for me.

>>35327243

???
if youre referring to the sumo, i can pull it conventional also, but then my back feels like its about to take a trip to Snap City.
>>
>>35327251
highbar requires more ankle mobility than lowbar. (unless you're quarter squatting)

Just pull conventional and stop being a pussy.
>>
File: 1429312929118.jpg (42KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1429312929118.jpg
42KB, 800x450px
>he's unironically lifting in running shoes

oh i'm laffin
>>
>>35327183
you fix inflexible ankles by doing the correct movement eventualy you will adapt
>>
>>35326932
>But i can somehow still only do 3 reps at 100kg. Shouldnt I be able to do like 5 or something if ive dropped the weight by 10kg?
It's different for different people, it isn't really possible to generalise like that.

>I just find it impossible to get off the ground - what can i do to improve my starting pull off the ground?
Learn how to get tight. Also, deadlifts will always be hard off the floor unless you round your upper back. Then it will get hard when you have to lock out the weight.
>>
I can do 15 reps with 100 kg
>>
>>35327188
My conventional deadlift went up from 220kg 1rm to 240kg after adding sumo deads to my routine.

Maybe you're a bit too weak to see the benefits of sumo deads yet but for me, they worked wonders when trying to get over a conventional dead plateau. I bet you also don't do front squats.
>>
All this sumo deadlift hate. Holy fuck you guys have never even tried the exercise because you did SS and now you think squat and deadlift are the only exercises you should ever do.

All kind of squats and pulls are good. Do you want to get good at few exercises, or be strong in general? In real life, if you lift something, you want to be on top of it (like in sumo position) and do it with a wide stance. In real life you will fuck up your back because you can't set up like in deadlifts..

Deadlifts are still better for posterior chain strength. In sumo you give a bit from lower back to hips, glutes and hams.
>>
File: 51AthHLWZfL.jpg (37KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
51AthHLWZfL.jpg
37KB, 333x500px
>>35329006
>In real life, if you lift something, you want to be on top of it (like in sumo position) and do it with a wide stance. In real life you will fuck up your back because you can't set up like in deadlifts..

preach on brother
>>
Just did 160kgx2 and 165kgx1 deads today
Did 140kg 2x6 last week, old pr
>>
For fucks sake OP. You are such a newbie it hurts to see this thread, specially you arguing about this and that.

buy flat shoes like converse and similars if you want do some heavy compounds. Do conventional deadlifts because sumo is something you will do or do not after at least 4pl8s conventional deads. And please stop with mixed grip with such baby weight.
>>
>>35328851
What an idiot. Your 1RM went up due to the added volume, not because they were sumo deads specifically. It would have gone up with any kind of dead variation, even with more plain old deads at less intensity and more reps.
>>
Go to Wal-Mart and get knockoff chucks. I got 3 pair for like fifteen bucks. Curl your toes upward to force the heel drive. Listen to Taylor swift for maximum gains.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.