[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I'm suffering from cystic acne on my cheeks and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (459KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
459KB, 1280x960px
Hey guys. I'm suffering from cystic acne on my cheeks and jaw and I'm almost certain it's from weight lifting.

I've tried over the counter treatments. Nothing. I've tried home remedies like apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and baking soda. Nothing. So the what I'm trying now is changing my diet. I eat clean and drank a gallon of water a day but I've cut out dairy and whey. I see a little difference but it may just be a placebo effect.

I dont know what to do. I can't afford accutane or the generic stuff. I really don't want to stop lifting. I've read that it has something to do with hormones being produced from lifting causing an imbalance which in turn causes acne.

Any advice? Fucking desperate here.

Tl;dr
>have cystic acne
>think it's due to lifting (hormone imbalances)
>tried over the counter and home remedies
>have good hygiene and clean diet, drink plenty of water and get 8 hrs of sleep
>can't afford accutane or generics
>need help

Pic related. My current acne today
>>
If its due to lifting then it could be due to change in your diet that benefits your lifting lifestyle, whey protein can cause acne for example. It may be a hygiene issue and maybe you should just wash your face with cold water after the gym.
>>
And here's my current diet
Breakfast: granola, raw oats, whole eggs and egg whites, turkey bacon, egg white protein shake blended with banana

Lunch: tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread and light mayo, Apple with PB

Dinner: grilled chicken breast with bag of steamable veggies
>>
>>35317402
Have you ever had an allergy test done?
>>
Accutane.
>>
>>35317390
Yea I've stopped taking whey for 2 weeks now and I don't see that much of a difference. I get the big cysts less but I still get them none the less. Back in high school I had acne but it wasn't cystic. Started lifting once I graduated and a year some months later here I am now.
>>
>>35317413
No? Do I just go to my doctor for that?
>>
>>35317420
Can't afford that bro. Don't got insurance so I'll be paying it myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 216x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 216x180px
This was June 2014. I started lifting July 2014
>>
>>35317432
Research your family history for lactose intolerance.
I'm deathly allergic to grass and all that shit, so I cut grain completely from my diet. Beer too.
Just look into your genetics it'll tell you a lot.
>>
>>35317498
So just have an allergy test done?
>>
you need to quarantine yourself NOW before you infect anyone else
you have the deadly strain my friend.
>>
>>35317324

Same shit happened to me. Had acne, not even during puberty, just a few spots. Started lifting, got acne. Diet hadn't changed at all.
>>
>>35317589

**had no acne.
>>
>>35317589
So do you still got acne?
>>
>>35317867

Yes. Have tried all over the counter stuff. The only thing that has really helped has been ketoconazole shampoo (nizoral). Apply that shit on my face for 15 min and spots noticeably decrease, but still getting them. It's a lot better than it was though. Currently using sulfur soap, but that shit is making it worse imo.

Think it's time to go to the doc.
>>
your last fight was good, Jose
>>
>>35317589
>starts lifting
>has no change in diet at all
who are these people
>>
>>35318916

I already eating well, didn't need to change anything. Just had to increase the quantity of food. Not everyone has a shitty diet before lifting.
>>
>>35317324
Quit eating cheese, quit drinking milk and whey, rinse your face with cold water after your shower. Change the cover of your pillow every couple days
>>
>>35318962
This.

You're getting dirty by sweating at the gym, dust particles are attaching to your damp face which has open pores due to the heat your skin is putting off.

Shower after you work out, rinse your body with cold water before you get outta the shower to "close" your pores. Learn to clean your sheets. Wash your face up to three times per day. Lotion your skin.

You don't have any "genetic" problem, its basic hygiene. You have no idea how many fucking people in the gym get mad at me for having "perfect" skin.

Mother fucker, pick up a bar of god damn soap.
>>
by "lifting" do you mean "sticking a fat needle full of man juice in your thigh"?
>>
I have similar issues
Always get acne and I can tell i'd have 10/10 facial aesthetics without em
Nobody else around me seems to have em
How do other, pimpleless anons take care of their face daily ?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.