[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize that deadlifts and squats are not only useless,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 1449643645720.png (920KB, 768x557px) Image search: [Google]
1449643645720.png
920KB, 768x557px
When did you realize that deadlifts and squats are not only useless, but also counter-productive if your goals are long-term health and attractive aesthetics?
>>
>>35237237
Interesting statement. I'd like to see you defend it before i bother replying in more detail.

How specifically are squats/deadlifts counter-productive towards long term health/aesthetics?
>>
>>35237237
>when did you realize that your personal effort and hard work is worthless unless you are doing it exactly like me
>>
>>35237237
When did you realize you were a faggot?
>>
>>35237237
Right, I'm sure ancient Greeks thought the same and stuck to leg pressing
>>
>>35237617
Honestly though, how did anyone get that muscular back then? Serious question. They didn't even have barbells or anything, did they?
>>
>>35237706
#CrossFit

efficiant musculation, fight, eat a lot of red meat, etc.
>>
When I am deadlifitng op's grandmom on to my dong, I realized I too have functional strength.
>>
>>35237706
when reading our nations medieval history myths, there were knights having hammers of 80kg's which they used with a single hand
>>
>>35237706
Athletes had small weights like Dumbbells and kettle bells, but a high enough volume of actually doing the sport you compete in can get you in shape for that sport.
>>
>>35237706
There were gyms in ancient greece, though i don't know if they where anything like the ones we have today.

The romans had some more advanced gyms though.
>>
>>35238032
>believing myths
There's no fucking way anyone could swing 80kg with both arms, or even 80lbs. Try picking up a barbell on only one side and see how hard that is, then imagine having to actually swing it around for hours.
>>
>>35238093

>no one could have done x because I can't

Git gud faggot
>>
>>35238155
Kek
>>
>>35237237
i fixed my fucked up back with high-rep low-weight deadlifts.

i was barely able to walk unassisted, now i am become the supple leopard

ATG squats and deadlift are probably the two most important lifts if you lift for health.

also a stronger transversus abdominus = stronger v-taper.

>>35237706
greeks were the original barstarzz
pull ups erry day
>>
>>35238692
>also a stronger transversus abdominus = stronger v-taper.
I agree with the other stuff, but I don't think this is true. Squats and deads have fucked up my v-taper. My core is wide as shit now.
>>
File: goal-body2.jpg (361KB, 807x1500px) Image search: [Google]
goal-body2.jpg
361KB, 807x1500px
Are obliques like this possible natty? I have NEVER seen obliques this defined before.

Also, deadlifts get their name from the Greeks and the Romans. It comes from them picking up dead bodies from the ground after war.
>>
>started deadlifts and squats
>girls constantly checking out my ass now
>girls always saying what a cute butt I have during sex
>girls want to eat out my asshole all the time

keep avoiding squats and deads, more girls with ass fetishes for me.
>>
>>35237706

wrestling.

wrestling all the time.

and gay sex.

but paintings and statues were usually ideals, so most people didn't have that super ripped look, even if they were very healthy, just like today.
>>
>>35238032
Or tiny Indonesian workers carrying 70kg of sulphur deposits up and down ladders. Or medieval archers capable of shooting 150lb bows.

The only downside to this is that it fucks you up with bent spines and limbs.
>>
>>35238754
such chicken legs, kek
>>
>>35238766
Cant you just do glute bridges instead of ruining your entire physique ?
>>
>>35238843

my post was a joke, but i'll answer your question srsly.

That's fucking retarded because women like the whole package and if you ignore everything just for pecs and biceps then you'll look ok while you have clothes on but you'll look hilarious (not in a good way) while naked.

Also, appearance alone isn't all women look for with sex. I can't lift and throw around the highest test if I wanted to. Lifting a girl up and fucking her is very hard to do with just benching and bridges.

I use to work only glamour muscles, and nothing changed in terms of how much female attention I was getting. Until I did squats and deadlifts.

stop being stupid.

the only real critique of those workouts is trying to go as heavy as possible with them. They are very good and complete work outs, but on /fit/, all you ever hear about is strength, which does mean you gotta get built-fat.

moderate lifting, like an adult, included deadlifts and squats at a moderate weight.
>>
>>35238032
Yeah plus they were wayy shorter back then. That's why all their beds were so small lol.
>>
>>35238900
there are plenty of other exercises you can do as substitute without fucking up your obliques. Leg press, glute bridges, that machine for lower back. Sorry youre so stupid
>>
>>35237706
I once read an old first hand account of Roman "strongmen clanging irons at the public baths" by this guy who's house was right next to the public baths.
Their form must've been shit and it was before the creation of lunk alarms.
>>
>>35238766
>not just having good ass genetics
Lol, and that last line is so fake I'm cringing
>>
>>35237706
If you were in the upper class (an aristocrat) it was expected that you play sports as a child and train as a soldier as a young man. Because of this, Greek men received a lot of holistic training every day, something that we might compare to Crossfit. They had less information about anatomy, so would never be a curl bro, but just being a sportsman and soldier everyday allowed them to impressively develop their physiques.
>>
>>35238754
Actually they are not natty it's a sculpting feature called the belt of Adonis
>>
>Want a huge back
>Want to deadlift big
>Weak as fuck legs (150 lb squat)
>Stuck in squat city because my hamstrings are too weak and tight to deadlift properly

Fuck man
>>
>>35240386

What are stiff-legged deadlifts, lunges, hamstring curls, hyperextensions.

There's also this exercise I had to do in physical therapy where you lie on your back and put your legs on the ball. Then you push your legs away and your ass up. So I guess it's like a glute bridge.
>>
>>35240330
adonis' belt is a feature of human anatomy.
>>
>>35237706
eating enough

progressive overload

adequate rest

apparently people have known how to do this since the dawn of time
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.