[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure which board to ask this on, but which in /fit/'s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: psychiatric-doctor.png (124KB, 379x328px) Image search: [Google]
psychiatric-doctor.png
124KB, 379x328px
I'm not sure which board to ask this on, but which in /fit/'s experience is better for treating depression and anxiety? Psychologist or Psychiatrist?
>>
working out
>>
>>35215976
Yeah, go lift. 100% srs. It will help with both.
>>
>>35215990
Won't help with social anxiety.
>>
>>35216041
try running instead. running in the morning/night is a lot less stressful than lifting, which has its social pressures.
>>
>>35215976
A psychologist will try talking to you about why you are depressed and anxious, a psychiatrist will give you drugs to treat depression and anxiety and possibly set you up with a therapist to talk about your problems.

imo, psychiatrist is the route to go. Weightlifting will only help so much, and the medications nowadays are phenomenal
>>
Always try exercise before letting anyone give you drugs.
>>
>>35216062
I don't have social anxiety at the gym.
I have social anxiety outside of the gym.
I've been lifting for 1.5 years now and I still get nervous/anxious as fuck out in public
>>
did the 3 options still an autist. tfw no ugly gf
>>
>>35216128
try running, see what happens. lifting is overrated tbqh
>>
Psychiatrist hands down. How long have you been depressed or having anxiety? Are there any triggers to the anxiety? How would you describe the effect of depression or anxiety on your life?

Get some SSRIs in you and get your life back on track!
>>
>>35215976

work out
plant a garden
drop acid
have sex
learn an instrument

If you're paying to talk about your feelings or pumping yourself full of the chemical jew, you should an hero.
>>
>>35216325
>anxiety + hallucinogens
how to be scarred for life
>>
>>35215981
>>35215990
/thread
>>
>>35215976
/fit/ may be physically strong but let me just tell you that we're all a bunch of autists that aren't equipped to help you with your mental shit. We aren't mentally /fit/, no. I'd say ask /adv/ and as a general rule of thumb, it's always good for your body (and thus the mind) to be active and workout. Uhhhh, don't use pills unless you legit need them because they fuck up your chem. And then yeah, if you need to work through some depression/anxiety with some psychologist, I personally would recommend that before you turn to pills, but that's just me.
>>
>>35216370
>we aren't mentally /fit/
speak for yourself.
>>
>>35216390
Oh come on, get real. How many regular threads are about physical fitness on here compared to mental fitness, and ">tfw manlet"-tier threads doesn't count as a mental fitness. OP would get the same quality of answers that /fit/ has to offer on virtually every other board.
>>
>>35215976
Do you want drugs or therapy? A psychiatrist will do a psych evaluation on you and then prescribe you drugs to "fix" or deal with your issues. A psychologist will talk things out with you, be a shoulder to cry on, or help you work through your mental issues.

My 2 cents? Go to a psychologist, who wants to be on drugs that fuck up your libido, cause weight gain, and overall just become a crutch instead of facing your problems and learning to deal with them.
>>
>>35216420
mental health threads are explicitly banned on /fit/ - it's the second of only two rules this board has.

rule 2: Relationship, dating advice, and "mental health" threads belong on /adv/.
>>
take mushrooms instead
>>
>>35216452
Oh. Didn't realize. That said, I stand by my point. /fit/ is shit with the mental game, apparently so shit that it got banned, if /adv/ can do a better job with it than we can.
>>
Try talk therapy first, and see if that needs to be combined with meds or not. Start with no meds, see if it helps, try meds too. Everyone's different and there's no magic bullet. You should exercise and stuff like people have been saying above as well. Running makes me feel great and helps with my depression. Walks are good too.
>>
>>35216477

Came ITT to post this. Take a moderate dose of mushrooms or acid and re-think your life. Guaranteed shift in perspective if you go into the experience planning to make it productive, strong chance you'll come down from the trip and make a few big changes in your life.
>>
>>35216493
It's easy enough to see no-one wants endless "feels" threads or relationship advice on a fitness board.

>/fit/ is shit
I've seen lots of useful and rational advice here.
>>
>>35216493
It's easy enough to see no-one wants endless "feels" threads or relationship advice on a fitness board.
>>
>>35215976
I see a psychologist and she recommended me some herbal OTC drugs (SAMe) and it's working.
I don't feel as depressed and I can talk to someone as to why my worldview is all sorts of fucked up and correct it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.