[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/ decided to get my life together and stop being a weakling.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (88KB, 600x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 600x581px
So /fit/ decided to get my life together and stop being a weakling. About 12 weeks ago I started lifting using the 5x5 work out. Day one I would start with 100lbs on every lift then go up 10lbs on every set. If I got all 5 reps I'd go up 5lbs next lift day, if 6-9 reps up 10lbs, and 10+ up 15lbs. So I finally decided to max out today, here are my stats.
>6ft, 180lbs, 29 yo
>Bench 265
>Squat 245
>Clean 215
>Incline 225
So why the fuck is my bench higher then my squat? I'm doing the same work out? Fucking weird.
>>
People have different starting points.

Don't worry, after a while your squat will go right past your bench. That said, your bench is very high for a beginner.

If your knees are up to it, you could increase squat volume. Knee sleeves will help with ensuring you don't suffer patella problems. Rehband blues are my preference.
You will probably find that your legs are suitably developed, and you simply need to get the muscle memory to squat heavier. This applies to both High Bar ATG and Low Bar variants.
>>
File: 1444770451571.jpg (77KB, 460x628px) Image search: [Google]
1444770451571.jpg
77KB, 460x628px
>mfw lifting for 9 months and a beginner benches 2 times more than me
>>
>>35141274
I think my form is off. When I maxed at 245 my knees seemed to go inward a little towards the and didn't feel right at all
>>35141299
Always had strong upper body growing up. Remember being able to do 100+push ups in high school and 20+plus pull ups. I weighed 150 back then and skinny as fuck though
>>
>>35141179
>that bench
>that squat
>2 months in
Something smells fishy here
>>
>>35141299
where the fuck did you get that original photo from? and where the fuck is the original
>>
>>35141416
3 months in bro. Like I said my upper body has always been strong. I think I benched like 185 back in 12th grade with out ever lifting before. Now that I'm lifting 5 days per week regularly it's increasing quick. I don't just bench, I do dips, close grip, butterfly, ect
>>
I smell shit form in this thread. Too bad OP would never admit it.
>>
>>35141585
It is very possible for some one to gain strength that quickly, with like a 5-10lb increase pee week with the right work out routine and right diet. Been eating a lot of protein and doing the 5x5 which is pretty legit. Pretty sure I will hit a plateau on my bench soon cause of my weight. I will be maxing out again in another 12 weeks and I hope to get at least 300 on bench and at least 315 on squat. Don't really care too much on clean or incline maybe over 250 each? And u knew this one guy who starting lifting with a 135 bench and 70 squat. 12 weeks later he maxed at 260 bench and 385 squat so it is possible. He weighed like 280 though
>>
>>35141274

cause OP is full of shit, benching 265 and squating 245 in 3 months, come on man
>>
>>35143385

Not sure why that's so unrealistic. Genetics do have a significant role. People just get so worked upon seeing the word because fatties have butchered it to use it as an excuse.

A football player in the 9th grade started out benching 150 and in like 2 months was benching 200. It was fucking crazy, he was putting up like 350 by the end of HS
>>
>>35141179
This video may explain a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcNjefEZ8qY
>>
>>35141299
Leave your ego at home brah. We all respond differently to weight
>>
>>35143576
Haha funny shit. One time I was at the gym and this short guy asked if he could use the bench with me and I'm thinking cool a spotter. He first did 315x10, 335x6, 365x3, then 385x2. All of them were half reps. Mfw
>>
>>35143412
Just waiting on a form vid for proof, I'd advise you to hold your tongue until there's some actual evidence otherwise you're defending him for no reason
>>
>>35141179
How many years have you lifted before that

No one cleans 215 and benches 250 that soon
>>
>>35141179
post weight this is important.
>>
>>35145456
I never lifted on a regular basis. Just done push ups, pull ups, sit ups, things like that. Like I said my first time I benched in high school I got 185 up pretty easily, so it's possible
>>35145498
I wieghed around 170 when I started lifting, now 180
>>
>>35141179
You don't know how to program
>>
You don't know nearly enough to make your own program

Do SL 5x5
>>
>>35145299
Probably shit form.
>>
>>35141541
5x5 is a 3 day program, no?
>>
>>35147529
Program? What u meaning bro?
>>35147552
Nope, form is legit
>>35147561
Yeah mon, wed, and fri
>>
>>35147708
So you dp a 3 day program 5x per week. Are you full if shit or retarded?
>>
>>35147768
Nah niggah. The other two days I do other work outs and lots of cardio. Think before you type you stupid fucking faggot! You huge piece of dirt! Who are you? I spit on you! You big piece of sub human shit with your tiny ass brain! You are the tiny piece of dirt that I step on a squish and I piss cause I love that shoe! Keep your retarded mouth shut before I punch out what regarded brain cells you have left!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.