[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are normies so opposed to counting calories, macros, or even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 126986.jpg (59KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
126986.jpg
59KB, 640x640px
Why are normies so opposed to counting calories, macros, or even looking at the nutritional label at all.? It's like doing 20 seconds of research before you buy a product means you have an eating disorder or something. Why wouldn't you track what you're putting in your own body? No one would tell you not to track your spending habits, so why is tracking your eating habits considered "weird" when it's just as easy. So many people just read the front and mistakenly think unhealthy things are healthy just because it "says" it's healthy, people have misconceptions about diet that could be solved just by reading the label.
>>
no one wants to do any more "work" than they do now

it's not work, but normies think it is
>>
>>35124030
are they tho?
>>
>>35124030
My mom kept calling me autistic when I started measuring my food but she also bragged to other people that her daughter was dedicated enough to do that
Normies are weird
>>
>>35124071
subtle
>>
>>35124083
Not at all
>>
>>35124085
>what is irony
>>
>>35124071
Shes upset you are doing something she would never spend time doing so she shames you.

She also wants to brag to her friends and since she is a nothing she brags about you.
>>
>>35124092
Not what you posted.
>>
>>35124105
Not really shaming me I guess, when she doesn't see me measuring it she asks if I didn't forget anything, so she really doesn't wouldn't like me to stop it
I guess my mom is just a dick
>>
>>35124110
not what you understood*
>>
>>35124071
same here!
my mom calls me autistic for counting calories and protein.
she constantly tries to get me to eat rubbish, like fish and chips as well for some reason, claiming that one 'healthy' ingredient makes it ok.
>>
File: 1396244061605.jpg (51KB, 498x483px)
1396244061605.jpg
51KB, 498x483px
>>35124030
Living in US is just an easy mode if you want to track your calorie and macro consumption. Your nutrition info is so clear and easy to comprehend. Back in my country it was a fucking problem to figure out how many protons or carbs I just ate judging by tiny letters written in the corner of a package. And like it wasn't enough, this shit was mentioned in protons per 100gr of product, not portions or pieces. Like I suppose to carry a pocket scale with me all time or something!
>>
File: reee.gif (1MB, 680x680px)
reee.gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>35124071
>>35124168
>having a mom
>>
>>35124168
>claiming that one 'healthy' ingredient makes it ok.
THIS. So many people think something's healthy just because one ingredient is healthy, they ignore the fact that it's fried in tons of butter or oil or covered in sugar.
>>
>>35124192
I'd rather they give it in grams cause the portion sizes are never right on the label

>Says 2 slices of bread are 50g and 50g is 140 calories
>2 slices of bread is actually 65g
It's like they WANT to make me fat
>>
My mom is trying to lose weight, her doctor recommended a Mediterranean diet or something, no red meat, only white and fish. SHe still eats red meat like every other day, and actually justified it with "women need more red meat, it has more protein." What. I told her that they probably have similar amounts, if anything chicken breast has more protein, red meat just has more fat and calories. She just kept saying red meat makes her feel better. I don't know where she got the idea that red meat had more protein than chicken, or that women need more protein than men. Like I can't imagine even Dr. Oz saying steak and burgers will help you lose weight.
>>
>>35124196
Honestly measuring things made me much less afraid of oil butter and sugar than I used to be

>Out if sweetener, decide to add sugar to oatmeal
>Think I fucked up my meal and I'll have to eat smaller portions at lunch to compensate
>Measure how much sugar I used just to know the extent of the damage
>10 grams, 40 calories
>wowitsfuckingnothing.png
>>
>>35124269
Dude, measuring sugar horrified me once I realized how much is put into soda and sugary drinks.
>>
File: 1432963659846.jpg (80KB, 1027x767px)
1432963659846.jpg
80KB, 1027x767px
>>35124232
Sue them for misinformation. Are you not true murican?
>>
*tips fedora*

It's genetics you insensitive shitlord.
>>
>>35124288
Even better how sugar is added to fucking everything for no reason. Any starchy carb like cereal, oatmeal and bread has a ton of sugar, fucking why.
>>
My brother gf is full of stupid shit like "you shoudnt work out after eating" or "vegetable proteins are the same of animal proteins because Jamie Oliver said so"

She actually gets her workout tips from a fucking chef for christ sake
>>
>>35124324
Isn't that just the natural composition of these foods tho? Some things have a lil bit of sugar in them regardless
>>
>>35124324
Do you know what sugar is? bread *is* sugar. Just not the sugar you know.
>>
I wish I hadn't gotten so used to eating regular American portions every meal on top of snacking on top of sodas/shakes. It wasn't that difficult losing 70lbs compared to trying to fix body comp and eating enough without eating too much. Getting strong without getting fat is much harder than staying skinny with a lot of cardio imo. Why we gotta have so many damn carbs in our food in America?
>>
>>35124356
Sugar is typically reserved for short-chain carbohydrates, polysaccharides are polymers of simple sugars but aren't called sugars themselves. Fibers and starches may be broken down into sugars but it's silly to actually call them sugars.
>>
>>35124360
Cause carbs are tasty
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.