[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know what you're looking at /fit/? Strength. Power.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (50KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 480x640px
Do you know what you're looking at /fit/? Strength. Power. Thats what.

Too many times i've seen this man ridiculed for how he looks but do you honestly think anyone laughs when he reps 315 on the bench? Didn't think so.

Youve become so obsessed with pointless "abs" that you've forgotten the whole reason why we train. To lift heavy fucking weight.

Yeah he may not be able to compete with the likes of Dan Green, but Candito or any other young lifter in his weight class? You bet your ass.

Enjoy your "aesthetics" while you keep wondering why you can only lift babby weight.

TLDR: anti-ss memers BTFO
>>
>>35104923
That's pretty cool in a way but I'm more impressed with someone with more pound-for pound strength. Honestly I'd probably go this route if I had better facial aesthetics. Seems fun.
>>
>>35104923
it actually looks like post proving otherwise
but he lifted like a mad man, ate like a mad man and utilized his noobgains and youth to fullest, that's a fact
he could cut later
...but probably didn't
>>
>>35104923
What are his numbers anyway?
>>
I lift weights for fun first, aesthetics second, strength third. It's in order of what's actually going to matter in dat to day life. Nobody gives a fuck about how much you bench besides other men who lift, and your functional strength is rarely of much use in the real world unless you have a career geared towards it
>>
>>35104992
He reached 3pl8 for 3x5 for squat if not more if i remember correctly. Pretty good number for a couch potato to 6 months.
>>
>>35104923
>that you've forgotten the whole reason why we train. To lift heavy fucking weight.
Lolwut? I lift for aesthetics only. I give literally zero fucks about muh strength. We live in 21th century and I don't need that shit in my life anymore
>>
How every one says to do it
>strength train/bulk
>cut
>look like a beast

How /fit/does it
>skelly cuts down to 8% cuz a body dismorphic gay teenager told him to
>weights 115lbs
>tries to bulk by eating 2200 calories a day
>does PPL cuz SS is a troll
>suicide
>>
>>35105032
>trains for aesthetics
>only leaves the house to go night shopping at Walmart with Mom
>>
>>35105069
It's just a modern obsession with being lean due to the amount of fatties in the world.

But yeah it's really sad seeing all the guys in CBT with lifts less than 1/2/3/4 for reps while having abs only and some arms.
>>
>>35105031
That's pretty good. Kinda makes me regret I didn't go full retard with SS to milk all the gains.
>>
File: zachevetts NOW.jpg (8KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
zachevetts NOW.jpg
8KB, 200x150px
>>35104983
He did, kinda. And he looks like shit, lol.

Cutting after SS always ends up making you look like shit. You have to stay fat powerlifter mode if you want to look like you lift, and even then you almost never do... you just end up looking fat.
>>
>>35104995
Cool story bro. If you ever have kids you'll find functional strength and stamina becoming far more important than what you want or how you look. It's like they hijack your life regardless of how you feel
>>
>>35104995
I lift for fun too but i see it like this:
If lifting heavy things is fun, lifting heavier things is even more fun.
So i kinda lift for strength by extension.
>>
File: 20522457250_914980b467_h.jpg (278KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
20522457250_914980b467_h.jpg
278KB, 1600x1066px
>>35105117
I'm only a little heavier (245, 6'4", 253ish in picture) and only a little stronger (460, 335, 600) and I think he's on the path to being thick, solid, tight once he has some muscle maturity. Who here looked good at 6 months?
>>
File: 8kcalories.jpg (29KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
8kcalories.jpg
29KB, 400x313px
he squatted 350 5x5 but couldnt deadlift more 325 and i think he benched 240 (bodyweight) x5 with 145 press. strength wise he made an insane jump in such a short time but his diet was also insane.
>>
>>35104923
>Youve become so obsessed with pointless "abs" that you've forgotten the whole reason why we train. To lift heavy fucking weight.

no, i lift heavy weight TO train.
i don't train to lift weight.

lifting weight is how i train my muscles to grow into a joocy aesthetic fucker
>>
>>35105117
>he did, kinda
really?
looks fatter than ever, desu
>>
>>35105163
mirin dick
>>
>>35105170
That's fucking crazy 8 kcals a day I wonder how many times he shat lol
>>
>>35104923
>posting zach
>anti-SS memers BTFO
i love SS, and think it is the best noob routine (greyskull is fine too, if you add power cleans) out there..

but this seems more like a trollpost than a legit argument, brah
>>
>>35105226
>he thinks the calories we talk about aren't already kcals
8,622 kcals, brah.

what you call a calorie is already a kilocalorie.

actual calories are tiny units, brah.
>>
>>35105163
You're heavier but you have visible muscle definition, you don't just look fat.

Zach is just all... flat. He just looks like a fat guy.
>>
>>35105163
youre significantely bigger at significantelly lower bf%, you are infinitely stronger than he's ever gotten and he was already stalling when rippletits stopped using him as guinea pig. all that experiment showed is that you can wrap drive through noob gains if you go apeshit with your diet
>>
>>35105254
>>35105242
That's what you look like after a bulk though, if he did a decent cut whilst retaining most of his lifts Zach would look big at a lower bf.
>>
>>35105321

Doubt it. Put him in a dexa he'd have been 35 percent.
>>
Cutting and bulking is a retarded concept
>>
>>35105069

Zach didn't look like a beast though, did he? He'd probably have had to go down to like 170 or 175 to be lean. Science says you make your best gains staying lean.

Getting fat and deluding yourself into thinking more of it is muscle than it is and getting such a fat chest it improves your bench leverages and allows you to bench more doesn't mean you're actually making more gains than someone staying lean and pushing themselves in the gym.

Obesity impairs skeletal muscle regeneration: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26384382

http://www.strengtheory.com/being-strong-is-not-an-excuse-to-be-fat-and-being-fat-is-probably-holding-you-back/

And SS is shit for hypertrophy. The biggest determinant of hypertrophy is number of sets that are taken to or close to failure. With SS that is 1 set MAX per session. That's why ppl is better, even if you only hit muscles twice a week, cause you don't worry about microloading, you just push yourself as hard as you can - and you don't just neglect loads of muscles that could add size to you. If you wanted to make PPL even more efficient you could just add some burnout sets of leg press once a week for more frequency, a burnout set of dips once a week, and a burnout set of chins once a week.

Read here: http://www.strengtheory.com/the-new-approach-to-training-volume/

This is why PPLers or even brosplitters look much better than SS victims.
>>
>>35105450
>cutting and bulking are retarted concepts

How when they are literally the only 2 things youre body is ever doing when youre fitness oriented? To put on muscle you have to eat more calories than you need. Theres no getting around that. Then what do you propose to do with the excess fat if you dont like the term "cutting"?
>>
>>35105567

You can gain muscle in a deficit, even if you're already lean and muscular: http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/gain-muscle-and-lose-fat-at-the-same-time/

No need for the constant bulk and cut cycles. Just gradually gain weight while staying relatively lean.
>>
>>35105228
>not recognizing this is ancient pasta
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.