[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i recently lost about 50 pounds of fat and i want to start lifting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: o9VlC.jpg (8KB, 448x176px) Image search: [Google]
o9VlC.jpg
8KB, 448x176px
i recently lost about 50 pounds of fat and i want to start lifting. i'd feel more comfortable working out at home but i'm a brokeass apartment dweller so i can't go all out with a power rack, barbells, etc. like i want to. if i buy an adjustable bench and a good set of 100lb spinlock dumbbells, can i make reasonable progress with a full body dumbbell split?

i realize that lower body exercises are much better with barbells or even machines, but i only plan on running a home dumbbell routine for 6-12 months -- until i feel comfortable enough to work out in public.
>>
There are dumbbell variants for almost every major lift, so you can definitely do it. Or you could just go to a fucking gym, nobody cares how you look.
>>
>>35100121
what do you weigh now
>>
Dumbbells are actually preferable for beginner because of imbalances.

exercises:
>goblet squat
>db bench press
>db military press
>romanian DL
>pull/chin ups
>dips
>+whatever you like for tric/bis
>>
>>35100121
People at the gym are focused on their own excercises. Nobody will even notice you.
>>
>>35100193
but i mean if he's 600lb
>>
>>35100175
5'9.5" (manlet, i know)
158 pounds

im a skinny fat piece of shit, around 19-20% body fat by my estimates.
>>
File: poor homegym lifter.jpg (520KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
poor homegym lifter.jpg
520KB, 1200x1200px
>>35100121
there you go
>>
>>35100121
Get used to these threads lads.
Theres going to be about 10 a day for the week after new years
>>
>>35100203
go to the gym then.
>>
>>35100193
i know, but id still feel better stepping into the gym with the physical coordination to lift weights without looking like an autist. i dont want to look like a clueless retard, basically.
>>
>>35100121
Unless you're planning to invest in a full house gym, go to the gym. Believe me, I'm a fatass too and nobody makes fun of you there or whatever your fear is. In fact most people are helpful more than anything, they will often show you proper form, etc. which is especially hard to do for us fat fucks and you will be better off that way and avoid snap city.
>>
>>35100212
i dont think im in that same category? i went from 210 pounds in december 2014 to 158 pounds today. i have some sense of resolve.
>>
>>35100217
You are problably not a retard, but it seems you are closest to a "clueless" status. At the gym you could get some help to teach you proper form, etc. The last thing you want is getting hurt and having to stop at all for a couple of weeks, if not more.
>>
>>35100217
Bro, just go for it. As long as you start out with low weights, you will learn the form and everything. Besides, what do you expect dumbells will do for you? To learn exercises with the barbell you have to use it.
>>
Do this and disregard all others:
DB bench
DB over head press
DB row
Pullups
Goblet squats / bulgarian split squats
Romanian deadlifts

The good thing about a gym, though, is that there are more possibilities, you can ask people for advice so you dont fuck yourself up, and if you keep at it, everybody (who keeps at it) will see your progress during your time there, which is always a boost.
>>
>>35100217
Also, the one thing about home workout is that it needs a lot of focus and dedication. It's very easy to get distracted and to find excuses to avoid working out.

At the gym you solve the problem by getting there, cz there's little else to do apart from working out.
>>
>>35100271
at a gym you have to look at the same stupid faces

use dirty machines

and deal with balls in your face in the locker room
>>
>>35100286
just excuces for not making it
>>
>>35100314
i have my own gym..
>>
>>35100320
As in you own a gym, or you have a gym at home?
>>
>>35100286
Jesus, just wipe the fucking machine down and stop shoving your face into strangers crotches.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.