[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being super fucking depressed reason enough to skip a workout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: depression-01.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
depression-01.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
Is being super fucking depressed reason enough to skip a workout?

I used to have depression, have been doing better lately, but today I got slammed hard with it again. Is that a valid reason to be skipping my workout today? I feel so fucking fat and doughy and weak and I'm really upset with myself for skipping a workout.
(I also used to be bulimic, so there's some body issues coming back I think)

Pic related, that was basically me in the changing room just now.
>>
No. Tell your depression to go fuck itself and make some gains. Don't let your depression win. Fight it.

I suffer from bouts of depression too. You just can't let it rule your life.
>>
>>35099966

The worst thing you can do with depression is sit at home alone doing nothing but thinking about depression.

Get to the fucking gym and release some endorphins.
>>
>>35099966
>Is being super fucking depressed reason enough to skip a workout?
>I'm really upset with myself for skipping a workout.

You see the issue here?
>>
>>35099966
Being super fucking depressed is the best reason FOR DOING A WORKOUT. There is not better anti depressant then a workout. Go ahead and do it. Even if you have to lower the weights. DO. IT!
>>
>>35099966
If you skip your work out because you are sad it will make you more sad and you will be less likely to do the next work out.
If there is one thing that is certain its that physical activity helps with depression so go and do it, you will feel better for it.
>>
>>35100191
This, and you would acknowledge it too if you were in a better state of mind OP. The fact that you asked /fit/ to try and justify it to yourself means you SHOULD GO
>>
>>35099966
Iktf

What I do is just go to the gym before I talk myself out of it. Though depression is a bitch and there are times where I'm so depressed that I just want to go home and crawl into my bed. Remember that you must truly want happiness. To achieve it you must understand that it's there's no short term fix for happiness but rather it's a road.

Your having a depressive episode which is normal with depression, just remember what you do next matters. Feel shitty today, crawl into your bed. Accept the depression, but also accept that you want to be better. Today you rest. Tomorrow or today if your able to, you get into the gym and do the best workout that you can and remind yourself you will overcome it. You will not live your life around depression but allow the depression to exist and accept it and live your life how YOU want to live it. Your in a hole filled with sadness and sorrow but remember that you can climb out, not matter how deep the hole is. If you don't believe you can, than believe in the me that believes in you. YOU can overcome it if you are willing too.

We're all gonna make. Our path to making it won't be the same

>myself as source, battling MDD for 5 years
>>
http://www.barbellmedicine.com/training/training-in-the-dark/
>>
No, it's a reason not to skip a workout. Any psychologist would tell you the same. Skipping it is just going to make you feel worse, I know you know that from experience.

Working out won't immediately make you feel better, it's not about making you feel better. You can't control your mood but you don't have to let it control you. Accept that you feel shit, be upset about it, but go and work out anyway. You don't have to be motivated or anything, just go in there and do it.
>>
No you fucking faggot. Get your shit together , pull your dick out and go lift some heavy ass weights. Faggot
>>
>>35099966
No, it's all the more reason to go to the gym

you're depressed because you don't do anything
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.