[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does /fit/ deal with being sick? do you change your diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1442728927012.jpg (64KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442728927012.jpg
64KB, 1080x1080px
how does /fit/ deal with being sick?

do you change your diet or training
doyou use medcation or home remedies?
>>
>>35076968
I go to the doctor they give me drugs and I get better
>>
>>35076978
sick as in colds, flu's etc
desu i think its beta as fuck to run to the doctors for every sniffle and cough
>>
I havent been sick in years, my secret is wearing light clothes in winter

Try exposing yourself to the cold more, it worked for me in the past
>>
>>35077002
how does it work bybulding up the bodys tolerance to cold or somthing?
>>
>>35077002
as someone living in a cold ass country, only do that if you actually enjoy being a little cold. I hate cold and living here means that I dont even want to go out 3/4 of the year

Fuck cold honestly
>>
>>35076995
Flu is a good reason to go to the doctor. I don't really qualify colds as being sick tho
>>
>>35077015
I am naturally warmer than most people, so theres that but I believe that just like allergies, it's about building a strong protection against things by coming in contact with them

After all you can't fight a cold if you are always warm
>>35077023
Well this too, I like cold much more than hot weather so it's not a problem for me
>>
File: serveimage-3.jpg (80KB, 734x738px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-3.jpg
80KB, 734x738px
pic related, instead of juicing lemons and pineapple i just blend them with the other ingredients, you get more vitamins and fibre that way

last time i got sick was in march. i had a fever on a friday night, saturday morning i went to the store for the ingredients. I went a bit heavy on the ginger, and skipped the honey (only had raw honey that had crystallized, didn't want to buy a jar of the gooey stuff)

i had to skip saturday but was back to the gym by tuesday (tues, thurs, sat, lifting days), so i didn't miss much.

the taste is awful but if you have a cold you probably can't taste much anyway. i would also highly recommend the cayenne by itself. i felt a cold coming on one day, had some cayenne mixed with butter and mashed potatoes at lunch and it was instantly gone.
>>
>>35077078

The common cold is a virus you dipshit, it has nothing to do with being in cold weather
>>
>>35077002
>>35077078

Well the absence of heat doesn't actually make you sick so that's just stupid and your making yourself uncomfortable for no reason. People get sick in the winter because of the tendency to stay indoors and around other people more.
>>
>>35077111
>>35077124
I never guaranteed my suggestion was rightful, it was merely a suggestion based on my belief. I'll keep doing it because I don't really suffer cold and quite like it, maybe just by coincidence I never get sick
>>
>>35077142
Same here dude, I leave my bedroom window open 24/7 through winter and and never turn my heating on and I haven't been sick for years
>>
>>35077265
>>35076968
Actually, opening a window is a good way to circulate the airborne bacteria in your house likely exposing you to a wider variety of foreign substances building your immune system (or something like that, it's been awhile). So there's a scientific basis here. The cold doesn't make you sick though.
>But my beliefs
Believing things does not make them true. Be careful about the information you pass on. People are impressionable.
>>
>>35077111

It's called a cold because they're more prevalent in cold weather because colder weather weakens your immune system.
>>
>>35077111
it has almost everything to do with cold weather
>>
I would regularly munch whole cloves of garlic for a while the last time I got sick. Hell on the breath, but seemed to help.
>>
File: 14342115623230.jpg (51KB, 599x769px) Image search: [Google]
14342115623230.jpg
51KB, 599x769px
>>35076968
fffuuuuuaaaaaarrrkkkkkkkkkk
12/10
would bang
would bang so hard
>>
>>35077434
Kind of. People tend to stay indoors and around other people more in cold times increasing the odds of viral and bacterial infections spreading. So yes the cold indirectly causes the high prevalence of colds. You're still wrong since that's. It what you were getting at though.
>>
>>35076968
I don't eat when I'm sick. I can't face it.
>>
>>35076968
I rarely get sick, but when I do I donĀ“t exercise to make things worse.
>>
>>35076968
I snuggle with my cat.
>>
I go on /fit/ and dream about a bear mode bf to snuggle me well again. Hot coffee and ginger also works.
>>
File: 152113735.jpg?6cba26.jpg (69KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
152113735.jpg?6cba26.jpg
69KB, 640x640px
>>35077606
https://www.instagram.com/alicematoss/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.