[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The sticky doesnt really go over portion size? How do you determine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: size.jpg (9KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
size.jpg
9KB, 265x190px
The sticky doesnt really go over portion size?

How do you determine portion size
>>
>>35072763
Via calories.
>>
>>35072763

depends. if youre counting calories, count.

i just eat until i dont want to eat anymore.
>>
>>35072767
How do you figure out how many calories you burn in 1 day
>>
>>35072866
Use one of the many tdee calculators you can find online. They give different results so you should use them as a mere starting point;
Eat the same amount of calories for a few weeks, track calories by logging everything you eat, try to be as accurate as possible;
Weigh yourself every day and watch for trends (body weight can fluctuate a lot every day because of water weight so that's why you should look at the average). Is your weight increasing/decreasing? How fast?

If your weight stayed the same, you've been eating at your TDEE. If not, adjust and repeat
>>
>>35072866
>>35073411
>>35072763
And I strongly recommend you to buy a kitchen scale and actually weight all your shit.

Most of the helper apps will have things like "portion (100g)" or "one spoon (15g)", but these are often inaccurate (one way or the other), plus they end up being subjective and allow your brain to pick and choose when it's enough.

A scale is objective and never lies. Unless it's broken, but that's an exception. Kitchen scales are good for you.
>>
File: Spinach - Nutrition Facts.jpg (163KB, 604x778px) Image search: [Google]
Spinach - Nutrition Facts.jpg
163KB, 604x778px
>>35072763

you picture is funny.
>Implying vegetables don't have proteins

but anyway, 50% vegetables is legit.
If some dude tells me half of what he eats is a vegetable, I know for a fact he will be be lean and healthy as fuck
>>
>>35073444

veggie proteins is a meme. They aren't real. Only count proteins from meat and dairy.
>>
>>35072767
this
>>
>>35073444
You realize that 20 lbs of spinach contains the same amount of protein as like 2 lbs of meat right? And the meat will be a complete source while spinach isn't.
>>
How the fuck am I going to get half of my calories from veggies if there aren't many in them? Are there any high calorie veggies? Where do mushrooms fall?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.