[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How legit is this? I'm a skeleton and I've been on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: 1.png (21KB, 1224x178px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
21KB, 1224x178px
How legit is this?

I'm a skeleton and I've been on SS for 5 months, with little to no progress in terms of lifts or appearance. So I'd like to know if I've taken the wrong path.
>>
File: 2.png (20KB, 1224x179px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
20KB, 1224x179px
>>35054417
>>
File: 3.png (19KB, 1224x178px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
19KB, 1224x178px
>>35054425
>>
>>
routine doesn't matter just go hard and lift weights. if you're eating big you'll see results.
>>
I dont have a routine I just lift until I have trouble moving the muscle. I dont do a diet and still have some decent progress ( stats are shit though )
>>
>>35054417
>with little to no progress in terms of lifts

Then you're not doing SS, friend.
>>
If you're lifting for aesthetics don't even bother with SS. Just jump on a brosplit right away and leave the fat "bearmode" fucks to themselves.
>>
>>35054585
I am. Gained 10lbs in 5 months, but barely any changes.
>>
>>35054827
So no STRENGTH gains? Your deadlift/squat haven't flown up?

>Implying SS is gonna make you aesthetic

I shiggy
>>
>>35054694

>hit every muscle group once a week

>hit every muscle group 3 times a week

gee i wonder who will progress faster
>>
Isn't SS a very basic, beginner friendly program that helps build a solid base so you can jump to other things? Why are you guys even talking about it?
>>
>>35054865

yes, and it is literally the fastest way to actually look good. the difference between strength and aethetics is greatly overstated.

spending your first few months doing SS then switching to whatever is going to be far more effective than flailing around on some dumbass brosplit with no clear progression scheme.
>>
Do a routine like greyskull, with stuff like chinups and rows, and do some incline DB press 3x8-12 when youre not benching, when you can't put on weight every week or every other week and youve deloaded a few times, you should be at some considerable weight, and can do whatever the fuck you want.

I'm doing Canditoes strength/control program for the second time. It works well because I just deloaded because of chronic problems, so I lift lighter and progress slower, which Canditoes program is good at, where SS is styled for beginners who progress faster. It's also ideal because I can't lift heavy enough for Madcow or TM, again, because of my problems. I'd say that canditos program is great for people in the late novice stage, benching around 1x BW and can't progress as well on SS anymore, but instead want (i) slower progress to accompany the higher weight (ii) more volume to break plateaus (iii) more options to just lift without worrying about numbers, doing lateral raises or whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>35054417
This post isnt wrong, but it is shortsighted.
I'm gonna give you some groundbreaking info.
After a year, a guy on a split WILL LOOK BETTER.
But after 2 years, the guy who did SS for a year then switched over, will look way better, and after 3 years even more so.
SS builds a foundation so that when you eventually do hypertrophy you will get better results.
>>
>>35054417
You are doing a linear progression and seeing no strength gains? A few things could be wrong:

>Recovery
You must be sleeping and eating properly throughout the entire week. I believe SS calls for 8+ hours of sleep a week. Your calorie surplus should be just enough to drive consistent progress in all of the lifts.

>Mentality

When you're doing a linear progression program like SS, the weights are going to get hard. That's necessary to drive the sort of adaptation that's going on. You have to learn to push yourself to your physical limits in terms of maximum force production. When you hit true failure (or excessive form breakdown) on a set of squats, then you will know that you've truly exceeded your body's limits.

So, in short, you are either not sleeping enough, eating too little, or being a pussy. There is not a split out there that can fix these problems for you. You will encounter the same issues whether you run PPL, SS, or a brosplit.
>>
>>35054565
Ricardo piñata is that you
>>
How long should I do SS?? 3 months?

Can bench 1 plate. Deadlift 2.5 and over head press 90lbs for reps.

Squats I only do light because of an ankle sprain in the past so I do not squat heavy, just reps and hyper trophy quads afte deadlifts. My ankles can't take the heavy squats
>>
>>35055071
Thanks for the advice.

My DL is currently 90kg. My max squat is 60kg. My max bench is 45kg. All 1RM.

I'm 120lbs.

I've completely stalled on all lifts, for two or three months now. Can't progress anymore.
>>
>>35055156
Are you gaining mass? If no then bulk and if yes then maintain.
>>
>>35055156
You need to eat more, lots more
>>
>>35055156
E A T
A
T
>>
>>35055162
Nope. Still 53kg. I actually lost a kg.
>>
>>35055156
I train a lot of people like you and the problem is usually not eating. Just my 2 cents bro.
>>
>>35055156
I'm 137lbs , deadlift 125kg , bench 65kg and don't squat for max. Can confirm you just need to eat mate. Don't worry about getting fat. Don't eat McDonald's chocolate and takeaways everyday and you'll be fine
>>
>>35054864
Yeah but you're barely hitting those muscles. That's why 6 months into SS lifters are still dyel
>>
File: 1442194985110.jpg (28KB, 400x443px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985110.jpg
28KB, 400x443px
>>35054417

Bullshit. I know first hand that SS will build you an excellent amount of muscle.
Many people in my gym have done it successfully for both aesthetics and strength.

Also, someone posted a picture of two twins - one who did SS and other who did a brosplit. Both had a very similar physique.

Found the thread http://desustorage.org/fit/thread/30146641/

Unfortunately couldn't find the pictures anywhere.
>>
>>35055156
Those are intermediate numbers for your weight. Usually I would say that you have to go on an intermediate routine but you need to gain 10kg.
>>
File: 1280x720-nId.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-nId.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Look family.

It is simple thing.

You gotta eat big to get big
You gotta lift big to get big
CMON
>>
>>35055206

Also from the same OP in that thread

>Split bro has better bench than me, OHP is pretty much the same and as expected, I beat him in squats and DL by a lot.
>>
>>35054864
the guys hitting every muscle twice a week
>>
>>35055233
This. I do bro split, but hit my lagging areas twice a week. I've had great results
>>
eat more ffs
>>
I mean, maybe people don't have the same goals as you. I've been lifting for a few years and honestly, for aesthetics best thing is PPL. SS is a good program for all noobs to do 6 months or so to get a good base. Those who want aestetics switch to something else, those who want power can stay with SS
>>
>>35055223

Intermediate?

I do 2x5 90kg DL, 3x5 60kg bench, 3x5 kg squat and 3x5 60kg Pendlay rows.

I'm 62kg, which is like 130lbs right? I'm pretty dyel. Don't tell me I lift intermediate.
>>
File: RICH PIANO.png (197KB, 374x484px) Image search: [Google]
RICH PIANO.png
197KB, 374x484px
GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG

FOUR SCOOPS BABY

CMON, CMMMOOONNNN
>>
>>35054417
>I'm a skeleton and I've been on SS for 5 months, with little to no progress in terms of lifts or appearance

You haven't been eating enough or actually increasing your lifts.

You're supposed to be lifting more every workout.
SS is a good routine, if you'd been following it correctly you'd probably be ready to move onto something more advanced.

From your low weight it may be a good idea to consider GOMAD. You're the kind of person it's designed for.
>>
I don't understand the recent SS hate. IT'S great for getting your CNS adapted to lifting heavy weights correctly and not cheating. The 5 rep range happens to be a good choice for that. The problem with bro splits as a newbie is you don't know what the fuck you're doing. You're very likely to hurt yourself going straight to a BB routine with basically no knowledge or feel for muscle recovery or activation. You should be able to build your own routine and point out useless exercises in other programs before going to a BB routine. Like seriously PPL is garbage. Bench then OHP? Enjoy your injury. Push press maybe but OHP? Tricep extensions? Why would anybody do those?
>>
>>35055242

Brosplits are a lot better than given credit for, even for nattys. They are a lot more fun so it's less likely to skip gym on them. And the fact that you can do a lot of exercises for the same body part will give you a fuller looking muscle in the long run. Also, you can intentionaly skip some days for some bodyparts if you think they are ahead of the rest of the body or hit 2 times a week a lagging body part. It might take you longer to build muscle as a natty on a brosplit but in the end you will have a better looking body.
>>
>>35055367
PPL > Bro Split for natties.
>>
>>35055352
What's wrong with triceps extensions?
>>
>>35055071

Are you sure 8 hours of sleep a week is enough? That comes to just over an hour per night. I read somewhere that 6 hours per night is minimum for recovery?
>>
>>35055452
I'm sure he meant a day.
>>
>>35055170
Eat something wtf.
>>
>>35055291
Are you actually retarded?
>>
SS is great, i went from a 140 lbs dyel to 185 pounds in less than a year. 1/2/4/4 plate from 30kg/50kg/80kg/80kg.
Add some accessories and don't eat like a pig and you'll look pretty aesthetic aswell
>>
>>35055291
Those are intermediate numbers relative to your weight. You need to gain at least 10 kg - you are very skinny.
>>
>>35054417
http://startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf

Read this, because this is you and every other faggot that thinks ss is a troll
>>
>>35055584
What's a typical meal for you?
>>
>>35055646
>> ss.com/ss_is_not_a_troll.pdf
sounds legit
>>
>>35055666
breakfast, 1 cup oats, 1-2eggs, 1 banana and coffe with cream
lunch, 2 chicken breasts with rice/pasta vegatables
dinner; spaghetti bolognese.
snack nuts and fruits.
around 140 grams of protein and 3000 calories
>>
>>35055717
This is insane.

I eat more than you. I literally eat more shit than you do in a day. And I'm still 120lbs.
>>
>>35055584

Had you lifted before? Those starting numbers seem pretty big for a 140lb "dyel"
>>
>>35055793

Must be your "fast metabolism" right? You're clearly a genetic anomaly who defies the laws of thermodynamics.

Or maybe, just maybe, you aren't eating that much.
>>
File: beforeee.png (886KB, 739x649px) Image search: [Google]
beforeee.png
886KB, 739x649px
>>35055816
Played ice hockey for 15 years. So although i didn't go to they gym i was athletic.
pic related
>>
>reddit
>progress
>taking the post seriously

shiggy diggy
>>
> This fucking thread again

YOU DO SL/SS TO BUILD UP A UNDERPINNING LAYER OF STRENGTH TO BUILD YOUR AESTHETICS OFF

How fucking hard is it to understand that? You run a linear progression program for 6-12 months until you are very confident with the bread and butter lifts for hypertrophy (Sq, DL, BP, PR) & you are happy with your numbers. You add Pull-ups/Chin-ups, Dips and Leg raises for your general strength/GPP (e.g. Amount of pull-ups/dips is a far better indicator of all round upper body strength than how much somebody can bench).

A guy who has followed a linear progression program who knows how his body works, what feels right and what doesn't and who has had excellent results on one before adopting a program that utilizes the core lifts and adding a few more assistance exercises (E.g. Push/Pull/Legs or upper/lower) will be more aesthetic than some prick who's decided to follow the "ZYZZ 5 DAY AESTHETICS SPLIT" for a year.
>>
>>35055890
poor bait 3/10
>>
OP, for every successful progress pic, there are probably 9 more that absolutely busted. Without stability, proper form, and basic knowledge on lifts and weight progression you're running for mayor of snap city.

>not remembering that only the most upvoted progress pics are the ones you're seeing
>>
>>35055291
Your progress is not the same as the 6'9 Scandinavian power lifter. Stop looking at people bigger than you and thinking you're a failure because you can't lift like they do.
>>
>>35054417

>SS for 5 months with no strength gains

i dont know what the fuck youre doing, but it aint SS.

>>35055156

2 main causes: Diet or lifestyle.

Eat more and get more sleep, faggot
>>
>>35054417
It's so funny how this board is finally changing it's overall view on SS.

I've been saying for years how brosplits are effective.
>>
>>35054417
SS is better if your goal is strength

Upper/Lower or PPL is better if your goal is to look good
>>
>>35054417
>>35054827

You didn't take the wrong path, you're not doing the program (YNDTP).

>So, if you’re three months into the program and your squat has gone up 50 pounds, YNDTP. If you’re three months into the program at 10% bodyfat and you have gained only 6 pounds, YNDTP.
>>
>>35056091
This is not true.

Rep ranges/work done is ultimately the indicator of strength.

If you train in rep ranges of 3-6 you're going to build more power.

If you train in rep ranges of 8-12 you're going to have more hypertrophy.
>>
>>35055223
Go fuck yourself, in no part of the observable universe are those intermediate numbers.
A barely above bodyweight squat is not intermediate, especially if you weigh 120lbs.
>>
File: 6'1 187 lbs.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
6'1 187 lbs.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
did SS with accessories for 6 months, then candito intermediate for 3 months
gained 14 kg, am satisfied
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.