[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do to stay motivated /fit/? Is it the constant search

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1440278716504.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1440278716504.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
What do you do to stay motivated /fit/?

Is it the constant search for a gf? The need to feel better about yourself? Wanting to prove everyone wrong?

How do you keep it up? What makes you want to constantly improve?

I get my motivation, go consistently to the gym for 6-7 months, and then completely lose it, what am I doing wrong?
>>
At first it's the revenge, then it's the challenge.
>>
The fear of aging horribly, honestly.
>>
>>35000638
Oooooh that's true.
>>
Anon. You will make it soon stay strong. Out in new york the same shit is going on
>>
Discipline >>> motivation
>>
>>35000616

It's simple.

1) Numbers
2) Progress pics

It's like a tv series, you're waiting to see what's gonna happen next time. So you work at it and keep track. Every tiny difference counts.
>>
for me its basically about keeping up the habit. if i stop going i know i will make a habit of NOT going, which i don't want. once you're at the gym, there's no need for motivation, it just flows naturally
>>
Depression actually
The hours after lifting are great.
Rest days are hell.
>>
Lifting itself is fun to do, and only give possitives things(more strength, health, better aesthetic being the main ones).
>>
>>35000928
So much this
>>
Just the pure grind and journey, you won't make it tomorrow, not next week, next month, fuck son you won't even make it in a year from now, but one day you will make it and that is 100% garunteed if you don't stop .

Making it wouldn't be so tasty if you woke up like a Greek god tomorrow with no work, put the work in and earn your stripes
>>
>>35000616

the desire to be better than other people

fuck girls. im done chasing them, if anything they should be chasing me once I hit my fitness goals.
>>
>>35000928

do cardio or something. rest days dont have to be boring
>>
>>35000928
this. i feel good only when i lift..
i've been like this since when i got rejected by my dream girl, now it's like i have no objective in my life or motivation to do anything, nothing seems fun anymore..
>>
>>35000616
I like to imagine aliens from a higher gravity planet landing thinking they'd fuck shit up with their constant training, only to find I'm super swole.

Basically like Superman but humans are less pussy
>>
>>35001996

picture yourself in amazing shape. guys being jealous and girls eye fucking you.

isnt that a goal worth striving for?
>>
If you need to motivate yourself to 3-5h lifting per week, you should pick a different hobby.
>>
>>35002220
that's so far from now though..
>>
>>35002343

but reaching your goal is so worth it, gotta take it one day at a time. rome was not built in a day.
>>
>>35002343
Keep at it, you're gonna make it bro.
We're all gonna make it
>>
>>35000638
unsheathes katana
>>
>>35002481
>>35002499
t-thanks brehs
>>
>>35000616

Respect

The skinnier you are, the less of a shit people give about you.

You start lifting, people start listening in conversation, what you say carries more weight, etc.

With all that also comes more attention from girls obviously, that's quite nice as well.
>>
>>35000616
I can't afford a shrink, so I just keep lifting. Makes me feel better.
>>
>>35000616
i'm in a low motivation slump. I've been a bit lax on diet and only lifting 3-4 days a week versus the usual 6 days.

I guess I'm getting complacent. got a qt gf who loves me, look pretty good, got a better job, i mean life is good. It was easier to motivate myself in the struggle.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.