[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPG IMCmpfxU what do we thi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPGIMCmpfxU

what do we think of vegetarianism?
: (
>>
>>34992869
None of these vids ever shock me, am I normal?
>>
i like bacon tho
>>
>>34992891
yep , just desensitized
>>
>>34992869

I like meat. Meat tastes good. Meat has protein. I don't care where it comes from. Fuck vegetarianism.
>>
>>34992909
Is that good or bad?
>>
>>34992941
It's your perception of good and bad itself. If you're not shocked if this happens to humans in real life then you might be one of every hundred people with psychopathy.
>>
File: rogan_f.jpg (74KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
rogan_f.jpg
74KB, 600x400px
Just because you eat meat and like meat doesn't mean you can't oppose completely unethical factory farming. If I could I would hunt for my meat. Here in Australia the system is much better than America's though.
Animals and the meat should be respected even if you eat it. It's providing you with a source of food. Just because it is a source of food doesn't mean the animals should be treated like shit. This is something so many people don't seem to understand. That you can be a meat eater but oppose factory farming and unethical practices.
Like complete idiots like this guy >>34992919
>>
>>34992979

i can't bring myself to care abt the plight of animals bred for eating when there's billions of humans drinking shitwater and dying at thirty five of stuff that wd be easily curable in a sensible world
>>
>>34992869

Yes, sad. But that's life for you. The bigger, stronger, more intelligent animal will eat the weaker one. And we are animals that eat meat.
>>
>>34992990
Humans are highly intelligent and choose to breed.
If starving africans have 5 kids I have no sympathy. Also just because something worse exists in the world doesn't mean you hold it to that standard. It's like saying that it's ok to rape sometimes because African warlords are committing genocide and raping everyday.
>>
>>34992990

except it's completely different, people eating meat from shitty sources fuel the industry having horrible standards, you can't personally affect the problems you describe

vegetarianism is the way, sadly
>>
>>34993020

Not really, veganism is the way. And after veganism you have to renounce to your smartphone cus it was made with child labour. Then you have to give all your money to charities that help children in need.

It never ends with this compassion thing. WE have evolved from apes partly because of individualism and selfishness. It sad but that's how life works on this planet.
>>
>>34993020
>vegetarianism is the way, sadly
or just just alter your philosophy

the hedonist would not care about any of that bullshit and rightly so, the human lifespan isn't long enough that anyone alive today will experience the consequences of unchecked abuse and exploitation of any or all of the earth's resources

do whatever makes you feel good, if vegetarianism makes you feel good more power to you but I get a bigger kick out of eating meat than any fake moral high ground
>>
betcha these people wouldn't say a fucking word of kosher or halal meat
>>
>>34992979
this
>>
>>34993040
how does it never end? where's the next step? putting an end to child labour and killing animals cuz they taste good seem like great ideas to me man, this whole 'we're only human, we can't help anything' argument is really weak my friend
>>
http://www.lloydianaspects.co.uk/opinion/veggie.html

Was a vegetarian for over 10 years until I examined my reasons for doing so. It _always_ boils down to attention seeking. Always.
>>
>>34992970
Oh right, guess it's pretty neutral to me then, I'm not happy seeing animals slaughter but I'm not sad either.

Also I cried at the end of green mile, so I doubt I'm a psychopath.
>>
>>34993055
>where's the next step

The final step is puting an end to your own life because you consume valuable resources on an overcrowded planet
>>
>>34993055
ageeed
>>
>>34993055
Why is putting an end to child labor a universally good thing? A lot of shitty countries don't even have proper schools so the alternative to earning some money for their family is to sit around doing nothing. Jobs at least offer families some opportunity for upward mobility, banning young labor outright without providing viable alternatives is just ignorant.
>>
So essentially we mostly agree being vegetarian is right, but don't want to pay the price of not eating bacon. A mind that makes this choice isn't constructive.
>>
>>34993177
there is no such thing as right and wrong
>>
>>34993194
??
>>
>>34992891
if that does't make you feel bad you don't have a soul.
>>
>>34992891
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>34992990
>>34993006
>>34993040
>>34993047

TL:DR:

>There's so much shit wrong with the world that we shouldn't give a shit and bother changing anything.

Please, just go kill yourself.

>>34992919

>Pic related;

>>34992979

>Good guy; good points...
>>
>>34992869
so what do we do for main sources of protein if we don't eat meat?
>>
>>34992869
Coming up on six years veg
>>
File: 1434501951701.gif (1MB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
1434501951701.gif
1MB, 500x350px
>>34993235

Forgot picture.
>>
>>34993177

I give it to vegans/vegetarians that all points they raise are valid. Put I have a social life, I go to barbecues and go to family get-together where there is nothing meat-less

Does that mean I'm an unhealthy selfish inconsiderate prick? probably
Do I give a shit? nope
>>
>>34993245

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNx-ZWswgGY

and that's vegan, you'd still have whey/milk/eggs/yogurt being vegetarian
>>
>>34993278

Maybe you should give a shit; or maybe you should just go kill yourself...

You know; either or...
>>
>>34992979
Completely agree. I go out of my way to blacklist companies like this from my shopping. I just can't support them, even with my meager dollar.
>>
>>34993006

>we are animals that eat meat

If you choose to
>>
>>34993429
you can also choose to starve to death but that doesn't mean our natural inclination as a species is to starve to death
>>
>>34993006
Actually, its a pretty common law of nature that your diet is reflected by your dental structure.
Pure carnivores tend to have nothing but sharper teeth, while herbivores have the flatter teeth. The ratio of sharp to flat gives you a pretty clear idea on the balance of meat to non meats you should eat.

We can eat meat, but its pretty obvious it was never meant to be an abundant part of our diet.
>>
>>34993006
>>34993472

I love the hypocrisy of humanity.

On one hand we are just animals, on the other hand we are a superior species that can actually think and are set apart from the rest of the species because of it.
>>
http://www.nature.com/scitable/knowledge/library/evidence-for-meat-eating-by-early-humans-103874273

Meat allowed our ancestors to develop more potent brains

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/48/3/822.short

shorter vegan children

Good luck with your challenged manlet children vegans
>>
>>34993472
eating meat is not necessary for survival, some even argue you live longer without it.
>>
>>34993526
>on the other hand we are a superior species that can actually think and are set apart from the rest of the species because of it.
we are the superior species because we are capable of killing everything else, being able to think has no inherent moral value
>>
>>34992979
true
>>
The only condition to morality is being able to think, what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>34993553
Nor are carbohydrates, although I'm pretty sure you would live longer if you ate them. Plus they are delicious.
>>
>>34993553
Survival isn't necessary nor is longevity, it all depends on your individual values.

You can't make a moral argument until you establish common values or priorities with the person you are talking to otherwise you can reach completely disparate conclusions without any logical misteps.
>>
>>34993558

>we are capable of killing everything else

Whats this "we" shit? Go fight a bear
>>
>>34994204
You aren't allowed to own guns where you live?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.