[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you eating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 6

File: Whole-Proteins.jpg (63KB, 460x330px) Image search: [Google]
Whole-Proteins.jpg
63KB, 460x330px
How much is /fit/ eating at the moment?
Macro Targets? Protein to bodyweight ration you're using? Favourite meals/snacks?

Would also be good to have context e.g. your goals (bulk, Clean bulk, cut etc)

Currently 200lb (6ft 3") Trying to slowly recomp (drop some BF (18% ish atm) and slowly gain more muscle) Wont lie, planning out a diet where I'm getting enough protein is the toughest part for me.

Any real world tips for diet beyond the sticky?
>>
How much protein are you aiming for each day?
>>
>>34977212
about 160g, trying to get as much as possible from whole foods
>>
Try to keep meals lower than 1.5cal per gram.

This allows you to eat more and get the fullness you want without blowing your diet out of the water.
>>
>>34977412

Breakfast

2 scoops of protien powder with 500 mL of milk = 61 g protein = 426 calories

Lunch

3 eggs and 200 grams of tuna = 78 g protein = 602 calories

Snack

3 Beef Jerky Strips = 20 g protein = 246 calories

Dinner

200 grams of chicken = 54 g protein = 478 calories

So that ends up being 1752 calories with a total of 213 g of protein. Get rid of the jerky strips and you're down to about 1500 calories and 193 g of protein, I just thought you might want a nice snack with a lot of protein. Other good snacks are nuts and fruits. I didn't bother to include rice, vegetables, sauces or cheeses or anything like that because that sort of thing varies day to day, and I'm not sure what your tastes are. The point I want to make is that its fairly easy to get the protein you want. Here are my sources, if I made a mistake in my calculation please let me know.

https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=a_RZVMu7O6WN8Qf47IHACA&gws_rd=ssl#q=milk+nutrtion
http://www.caloriecount.com/calories-body-fortress-whey-protein-powder-i126129
https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=a_RZVMu7O6WN8Qf47IHACA&gws_rd=ssl#q=egg+nutrition
https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=a_RZVMu7O6WN8Qf47IHACA&gws_rd=ssl#q=tuna+nutrition
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-jerky-meat-snacks-beef-jerky_f-ZmlkPTk0ODQ3.html
https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=a_RZVMu7O6WN8Qf47IHACA&gws_rd=ssl#q=chicken+nutrtion
>>
>>34977550
too much tuna, mercury poisoning
>>
4000kcal minimum. 380g protein minimum.

Started my first cycle, getting those first time dbol gains.

Not typing our my whole diet, but cottage cheese, eggs, protein bread, chicken breasts, brown rice, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, veggies, seeds, milk, natural yogurt that kind of shit.
>>
>>34977550
Also I realise that that breakfast is light. If you enjoy a larger breakfast consider eating muesli with Greek yogurt or porridge.

Things to avoid are liquid calories in the form of alcohol and soda, and bread/pasta and other carbohydrates which are both surprisingly high in calories.

Chicken (breast obviously, not friend) can be replaced with lean red meat which has a little less protein and a little more calories, but might be needed if you crave variety.

Here, use this link to try and find more foods that are protein rich.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ultimate-list-40-high-protein-foods.html

For everything else, google "[X food] nutrition" and that should give you all the info you need,
>>
>>34977573
Also getting 300g+ protein per day from "whole" sources. Whatever the fuck whole means. Only having two 40g protein whey shakes per day and still regularly over 400g protein per day.

160g protein is fucking breakfast.
>>
>>34977555
Oh right, sorry, I didn't realise that OP was a pregnant woman and/or a child under ten.

But if you are worried about mercury poisoning limit your tuna to 3 serves a week.
>>
>>34977172
>18% bf
>recomp
just do a cut to 10% bf and then lean bulk or else you'll progress very slowly
>>
>>34977604
>>34977573

is there any benefit to consuming 300g+ ??

How much do you weigh?
>>
>>34977172
I'm clean bulking.
>3400 calories
>100g fat
>400g carbs
>220g protein
Only gained 3 pounds in 4 months so i'm about to increase the carbs a little.
>>
>>34978025
And as far as protein goes, I get it from chicken, turkey, eggs, egg whites, and greek yogurt. I don't use protein powders.
>>
>>34977172

5'5
136 lbs
17% b.f

Bulking until March

2600 daily cal

158,47 gr protein 28%
321,52 gr carb 52%
56,23 gr fat 20%

Cut later to see muh abs in summer
>>
Breakfast: 100g oats and nuts cereal - 450kcal 10g protein

1 litre pure orange juice with pulp - 450kcal

Second breakfast: 4 large eggs, raw - 360kcal 24g protein

Lunch: Chicken wrap with leftovers from yesterdays dinner - approx 250kcal 15g protein

After workout meal: 270g salmon with peas - 650kcal 60g protein

Dinner: Whatever vegetarian meal my girlfriend makes, plus 300g of chicken - approx 600kcal 100g protein

Before bed shake: 1 litre whole milk, 100g peanut butter, 2 scoops whey protein, 170g greek yoghurt, 1 large banana - approx 1100kcal 110g protein

so that's about 3800kcal a day and 320g of protein, plus whatever brotein is in the vegetables i get throughout the day.
>>
Breakfast: venison 100 grams. some broccoli. 1 apple.
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs.1 mango.
Dinner: avocado salad with sambal. asparagus on the side.
snacks: cherry tomatoes.

Seeing what everyone else posts make me realize why I'm still a pathetic manlet.
>>
File: dailyfood.jpg (173KB, 799x621px) Image search: [Google]
dailyfood.jpg
173KB, 799x621px
I eat 'paleo', but non strictly. Doctor recommended for injury healing. Less gut inflammation, faster healing rate is the idea. I still eat some cheese and shit here and there.

It's easy for me to hit protein. Chicken, can of salmon with an egg, ground beef, it's all good.
I target for 2500-2700 a day, depending on fatigue and what I am working on.
>>
>>34978618
Why raw sweet potato?
With you on the paleo. It works.
>>
>>34978111
I'm 165 currently at 5'5 and I can see abs at 155-160
>>
>>34978652
I guess MFP differentiates between some people who input sweet potato fried, or however they bake it. "Raw" should read "unprepared"
>>
Current bodyweight 188 pounds at 5 feet 9 inches tall.
Approximately 15% bodyfat, possibly a little less at this point.
I eat 2110 calories a day, with a macro split of 30/35/35 (carbs, protein, fat). This works out to 158g of carbs, 185g of protein and 82g of fat.
I eat eggs and turkey in the morning, sometimes some cereal, a shake and milk and a clif's builder bar for lunch, lean meat and boiled or steamed vegetables, usually greens or carrots, for dinner, and I usually have a snack around 3 hours after dinner of 100-200g of plain chicken breast, depending on how much protein I need/how many calories I have left. I started this approximately 12 weeks ago at a bodyweight of 203 pounds, and am nearly at my goal weight of 185, which I plan to then maintain until January.
>>
>>34978668
Because I guess you didn't cut from 183 lbs 30% b.f to 130 17% b.f like I did in 3 months.
>>
>>34978668
Btw can u post body pls, so I can compare man?
>>
>>34977604
>300g+ protein per day
What the fuck man. Do you just enjoy wasting money on what is basically shitty and expensive carbs?
Give your kidneys a break, man. You fell for the protein meme hard.
>>
>>34981469
Oh, hang on you're on Dbol. Didn't see that.
Nvm lol.
>>
>>34977172
Eating for 2000 6 days a week 3000 on sundays, at 3000 TDEE.
Started SS recently, but realised I need to cut a good stack of lard before bulking, so aiming to cut from 100kg to 90.
7 weeks in, at 94kg now. Seems I can actually count, brehs.
>>
About to go get some potle desu senpai
>>
Can someone please help me sort out my macros?? I read so much conflicting info everywhere. Im starting to lean bulk and doing GreySkull LP

Im 5'7 and 140lbs. About 20% bf. .

According to some random online calculators my maintenance is about 2600-2700Kcal.

I also aim for 1g protein/pound body weight. I want to bulk until about February some im currently aiming for 2900ish Kcals a day.

Im not sure how to calculate how many grams of carbs/fats I need. My diet is basically Brown rice, whole wheat bagels, 2% milk, protein powder, brocolli, chicken breast, X-Lean ground beef, and whole grain pasta, greek yogurt and canned salmon. Some mix of these foods each day

I really need help sorting this shit out because although everyone gains fat while bulking I feel as though I've been gaining a little too much recently.
>>
>>34985599
>20% bf
Cut more faggot
>>
>>34985611
how far should I cut. I don't want to lose the few gains I made
>>
File: bleugh.gif (453KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
bleugh.gif
453KB, 480x340px
>breakfast
half donut with milk

>postworkout
fruit juice

>dinner
burger and fries

>dessert
ice cream

>post-dessert dessert
oreos and milk

still need 200 kcal from somewhere. I'm thinking some bran. jesus I ate like shit today
>>
File: 1447452045709.jpg (55KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1447452045709.jpg
55KB, 633x758px
>2 eggs, coffee
>bread, coffee, eggs
>biscuits, coffee
>yogurt, coffee

I was afraid of going out today
>>
>>34978025
whats your meal plan?
>>
Currently dirty bulking at 5000+ calories a day, once I count to 5000 I don't track any of the food after that.

>Macro Targets?
I don't necessarily care about how much carbs and fat I get in, I eat whatever is tasty and has lots of calories.

>Protein to bodyweight ratio you're using?
I'm aiming for at LEAST 250g of protein per day

>Favorite meals/snacks?
Basmati Rice+Canned tuna+Olive oil+Soy sauce+Finely chopped onion = easy high calorie meal I eat pretty often

Cheap high protein sausages, regular beef mince, and fruit juices tend to be my main sources of calories
>>
1 watermelon

500g (uncooked weight) of corn pasta

8 tomatoes

some olive oil

goals:
lose weight
get better at pole (lift butt above my head & do splits with no jump off)
>>
>>34977172
thank you lad i was about to make this thread
>>
>>34987612
This is how brock lesnar was eating right before diverticulitis almost killed him
>>
>>34987734
thats like 2.7k cal for today, 89% carbs, 9% protein, 5% fat
>>
>>34977172
All kinds of whole foods, bro
>>
>>34987734
Jesus christ why can't women just make a diet based on macros instead of picking inane shit they think sound healthy.
8 tomatoes? Really?
>>
>>34987854

whats not healthy about it? like give me a breakdown as to what im missing

most days aren't 100% like this tho, mostly lower cal intake but I still try to have at least 1 meal thats just fruit, if not 2.

Also vegan+gluten free
>>
>>34987750
b-but muh bulk, muh gains, muh strength
>>
>>34987854

also i actually aim for an 80 10 10 macro distribution - 80% carbs. i rarely look to up my fat unless I crave it, and same with protein.
>>
>>34977172
>How much is /fit/ eating at the moment?
2200 cal off days, 2400 cal gym days (sedentary lifestyle when I'm not in the gym)
>Macro Targets?
40% carbs 33% fats (mostly mono-unsaturated) 27% proteons (double-checked for full essential amino acids spectrum)
>Protein to bodyweight ration you're using?
roughly 110g (off days) to 125g (gym days) for 83kg in bodyweight
>favourite meals/snacks?
mixed seeds/nuts in my salads, cashews, peanuts
I never used and will never use scoops
>context
maintain, slowly getting a little more hypertrophy/strenght

>>34977555
>>34977672
The recommendations for tuna is 2 to 6~7 portions/month (depending on tuna variety and weight).
>http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/tuna.asp
Substitute tuna with Mackerel, just avoid King Mackerel (afaik that variety is not fished anyway), or check http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/guide.asp
You should worry about mercury poisoning even if you're not a pregnant woman
>http://www.nrdc.org/health/effects/mercury/effects.asp
An Italian scientist found out that the mercury is not per se an issue; the problem is getting your body efficient in expelling it. This can be achieved (or improved) with a varied diet resembling the Mediterranean one (lot of veggies, seasonal fruit and vegs, very low on meat aka no more than twice a month, fish weekly, wholewheat rice rather than whole wheat pasta given that more often than not whole wheat pasta is a scam, foods the most simple and unrefined as possible, no sugar added) - people exposed to heavy metal pollution showed much greater detox capabilities with such a diet. I don't have a source for this right now, when I'll find it I'll post it.
>>
Had tuna casserole yesterday, had canned vegetable soup and canned ravioli tonight.

Probably chicken, rice, and frozen vegetables tomorrow.

If I was smart, I'd be throwing lentils in all this shit. But I'm not.

So my proton intake is like maybe 10g per day.
>>
>>34987868
That is a shit distribution.
>>
>>34987868
>80 10 10 macro distribution
There we have it. Why the actual fuck?
Protein is essential for building any kind of strength or muscle, so good luck with achieving anything on the pole (lol), and fat is what your body need to literally function what with hormone regulation (essential for fat loss) and just generally staying fucking alive.

Eat like a person for god's sake. Your diet looks like that of a picky child.
>>
>>34987871
Oh wow. What is mercury poisoning going to do to me? It's one of the few things I eat, and I generally eat it two cans at a time, 3 times per week. Yellowfin.

Just got it because it was a super lazy source of protein. Literally open the can, and protein. I guess not.
>>
roughly ~1300-1500 calories a day, probably need to increase soon. i aim for 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, more on lifting days and i think i cut carbs too much but i'll fix that at some point.

breakfast: either 2-3 eggs or overnight oats with protein powder and some kind of nut butter
lunch: eggs if they weren't breakfast, some kind of wrap or chicken/veg otherwise
dinner: usually some variation on salmon/chicken/turkey/beef with sweet potato/veg
>>
>>34977573
>4000kcal minimum. 380g protein minimum
>380g protein minimum
>dbol
>380g protein
I won't ask you if you're retarded, given that you are.
Good luck for your kidneys
>>34977943
>is there any benefit to consuming 300g+ ??
There are no benefits consuming more than 200
>>
>>34987886
... almost forgot: carbs are literally the only macro nutrient you leave out completely for a working diet (keto), since it's basically just a very effective energy source but not essential for your fucking survival or body composition, but you chose THAT to be your 80%:er.
>>
>>34987887
Unless you eat massive amounts of tuna (like 5+ cans a day), then it's not worth worrying about.
>>
>>34987887
>Yellowfin
One of the worst, check the links.
>What is going to do to me
check the links.
>>
>>34987904
*you COULD leave out
>>
>>34987904
it makes me feel the best senpai.

When I eat too much fat I feel sluggish and slow.
When I eat too much protein I feel backed up and get digestive issues.

When I eat mostly fruit and other carbs or simple proteins (tofu, mung dal) I feel the best.

sometimes I have protein shakes when I crave it but I stop after a while because I notice the impact to my digestion
>>
>>34987920
What I read here is that you FEEL your way to a working diet.
Try some fucking science you moron.
>>
>>34987920
You can't CRAVE protein you complete retard. It's your imagination.

What >>34987929 said sums this up perfectly. What the actual fuck are you doing? Literally a picky child diet.
>>
>>34987929
:> low fat plant based diets are literally one of the healthiest diets - multiple studies showing reversal of heart disease, diabetes, and other chronic degenerative diseases.

But yes, I just want to feel great every day. Why would I read a paper somewhere that infers some potential link and change my diet to follow that 'potential' truth autistically every day despite what the impact to my health might be on a day to day basis?
>>
>>34987944
You're really in the wrong place for discussing diets aimed for living to 100 years like some shriveled up fucking Okinawan fisherman.

Your diet a shit, sister.
>>
>>34987952
hahaha

I was just sharing. No need to get mad. It's shit in your opinion, thanks for sharing.
>>
>>34987734
Is this a troll?
>>
>>34987962
no i legit had that today.

Yesterday was 2L of watermelon, 5 bananas, salad (greens, sprouts, etc), tofu and corn pattie, tempeh
>>
>>34987944
Are you at risk for any of these things?
If not, why wouldn't you eat something less autistic than 8 tomatoes and a watermelon that actually builds a strong and beautiful body?
>>
>>34987971
I'm pretty strong for a girl. I'm not aiming to bulk/deadlift a certain weight because I'm not a man etc but I am aiming to do more complex and technical stuff on the pole that requires a lot of core, upperbody strength.

So far strength increases have been happening at a satisfactory level. If something goes wrong, then sure I'll reassess diet.
>>
>>34985615
Get to 10% fatty, you won't lose gains if you keep lifting on a cut, provided you keep protein intake high.
>>
>>34987871
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. I'VE HAD A TIN OF TUNA EACH DAY FOR NEARLY A YEAR NOW. AM I GOIGN TO DED?
>>
>>34987962
it is.
And we all fell for it.
>>
>>34988006
wat

It's not a troll. Look up 80 10 10 - there's a book about it. It's technically about fruitarianism, but I stopped being a fruitarian as it was too logistically and socially difficult.
>>
>>34987985
100 years of nutritional science says your satisfactory levels of progress are way below optimal or even average.

For real though, eat whatever the fuck you like and do whatever the hell you find enriches your life. Just don't pretend that your diet is actually well thought out or effective for fitness related goals.
That sort of stuff tend to inexplicably piss people off that actually put in effort and time eating stuff they don't particularly care for just to achieve fitness related goals.

And yes, unless you're legitimately some sort of autistic, picky child, stuffing your face with 8 tomatoes implies that you're putting effort into your diet.
>>
>>34988007
>fruitarianism

Yeah, we've been trolled. Abandon thread.
Seriously, try discussing this with any reputable dietician and they will have a hard time not laughing in your face.
Yet another woman actually giving money to meme-diet industries; you're the reason women have a hard time getting into fitness.
>>
>>34988009
actually senpai I lightly fried the tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper and had them on my spaghetti :>
>>
>>34988016
>>34988009

Why is everyone getting so mad?

I put time and effort into researching what I eat and yes my goals are more 'feeling healthy' and long term health oriented rather than 'max gains and aesthetics'. My research and goals led me down a different path than 'hur eat more protein and meat'
>>
>>34988017
>fried the tomatoes with olive oil,
the horror! if a food reaches 46 degree Celsius, it loses all its unique capabilities!
>cooking food
>not eating it raw
I seriously hope you guys don't do that
>>
>>34987920
There's a reason for that, actually.
Some of it is psychological, and some of it is physiological. None of it is really your fault, a lot of people actually suffer from this.

See, there is a lot of bacteria in our bodies that thrive off of glucose. As you know, carbs are a great source of glucose. Over time with excessive intake of carbs and glucose, bacteria imbalances can form. The bacteria that thrive off that glucose have been granted it in excess for so long that they disturb the homeostasis of the body to the point of detrimentally affecting the system. Almost controlling the system in a way. The bacteria and parasites place such demand on the body for glucose that without it, the body can almost not even function. This physiological effect manifests itself in a craving for glucose rich foods. Carbs. Over time, with the consumption of excessive quantities of carbs, the bacteria responsible for the breakdown of fats and proteins within the intestines actually begin to dwindle due to the sheer overpopulation of these glucose seeking bacteria. This results in indigestion when proteins and fats are ingested in large quantites, as the body can no longer process these sources of energy quick enough.

Now you might ask, "Well why do I care about protein and fats if my body can sustain itself off of glucose?" Well, it really CAN'T. Your body WANTS to, but glucose is really only it's source of energy, not it's source of nutrients or other fundemental building blocks such as fats and proteins. This results in a fundamentally weak system, with increasingly large and unbalance quantities of specific types of bacteria. As this imbalance becomes more and more severe, it can result in physical manifestations such as severe acne, dry peeling skin, excessively oily skin, sores, dandruff, and a plethora of other ailments and issues.
>>
>>34988031
It stands in extreme parity to the dogma of this board and conventional dietary science. If you cannot see this and understand why you pretending that fruitarian fucking diet is actually a good choice (oh except carrying around fruits is hard lol) pisses people off on a board heavily geared towards improving aesthetics or pure strength, then you might be even more autistic than we thought you to be at first.
>>
>>34988045
I've looked into that actually and was wondering if that was my issue...

I still don't know desu. That's why I backed away from hard core 80 10 10 (which was verging on 90 5 5 really) and included more protein and fat in my diet. So when I say I aim for 80 10 10, it's a lazy aim. I used to literally use no oil ever and avoid all fat and protein sources but now I include them. Carbs are still the backbone of my diet though. I get enough fat and protein for my body's needs but I don't see why I'd eat protein or fat for energy since carbs are so clean burning
>>
>>34988004
If you're lucky you could have just nerfed your IQ and increased your heart disease chances
>>
>>34988056

So I shouldn't post and share my diet/macros? I didn't come here to troll, I just literally thought I'd share.
>>
>>34988067
>80 10 10 (which was verging on 90 5 5
Only a retard would follow these proportions, no diet (traditional or alternative) would advise you to eat only pure cabs. It's completely foolish.
>>
>>34988067
Try Keto for one month. If you can't make it through 1 month without literally breaking down and splurging on carbs, then you know it's an issue.

If you feel better, then you've solved your issue. If you don't, well then you know.
>>
>>34988094

Hard as a vegan - almost impossible to get pure fat/protein sources with no carb contaminants.

I would think about it, but I've done it once, just on mostly tofu and vegetables. Talk about shit tier dining
>>
>>34988075
>I'm not pretending to be a retard, I actually am one
>>34988094
>suggesting to suddenly remove all the carbs to someone crazy enough to eat carbs only
this is inane as well, just follow a normal diet ffs
>>34988067
>I get enough fat and protein for my body's needs
No, you don't.
>>
>>34988075
Nah you shouldn't. We don't want tumblr fatties coming here telling us being fat is healthy either. It sort of stands in extreme parity to the dogma of this board and conventional science. And it's retarded.
>>
>>34988087

it's for fruitarians. if you eat that much fruit sugar, eating fat as well can mess you up.

Look at the diets of some of our closest animal relations - the ones who are frugivores have a similar macro ratio.
>>
>>34988113
I'm not telling anyone anything, I just literally posted what I eat
>>
>>34988122
You're literally defending the diet too.
>>
eating handfuls of almonds atm.

not really giving a shit about my diet, just following these rules

> no sugar when possible
> saturated fats through out the day
> dv of fiber
> don't eat until full

been losing weight pretty steady this way and I feel amazing. just ran 3 miles at a 7 minute pace at 245 lbs
>>
>>34988108
>No, you don't.

WHO recommends 10% cals from protein for growing babies. Why do you think I need more?
>>
>>34988131
unsaturated i mean
>>
>>34988127
I'm explaining my choices and asking for reasoning when people attack it. Fair
>>
>>34988105
Well, I hope you like nuts then.

If you can't decrease your carb intake to that extent, then just increase your protein and fat intake to make up for it.
>>
>>34988139
>grown ass adult and developing baby has comparable macro needs
lmao

>>34988147
Literally defending.
>>
>>34988148
might give it a go in winter, thanks (summer here in aus and so much fruit)

>>34988153
Yeah so I post what I eat, people have a go, I explain and ask questions. I didn't come on here to preach, but there was a strong reaction to what I eat
>>
3500 Calories
Half my calories are in protein shakes and chocolate milk cause I hate cooking and eating
Other half is from 90% Ground Beef, Eggs, Peanut Butter, and a bagel.
Everything I eat is organic.
I'm doing a clean bulk, currently weigh 188, up from 170. Putting on about a half pound a week. 6'2" right now. Goal is to get to around 210, then cut.
>>
>>34987896
I'm 220lbs at 14% bodyfat and taking AAS. I assure you, 200g protein would no where near be suffice for me. 2g per lb LBM is a pretty common figure recommended for on cycle.

I also do this relatively cheap.
>>
>>34977172
if you were 300lb, 15, and joining the football team i'd recommend a recomp approach. you're 200lb, you ought to either bulk or cut.
>>
>>34988116
>it's for fruitarians
fruitarians are just a little less retarded than bretharians, that's not something you should be proud about.
Follow a real diet with decent proportions.
Yours is not natural, "primitive" or healthy - given the low ratio of fats you get (needed for brain functioning as well) I don't expect you to understand it.
Visit a doctor asap, you're permanently damaging yourself. Or don't visit a doctor and diet of diabete at 30, please don't pass on your genes.
>>34988139
WHO recommends to limit the sugars to 10%, possibly down to 5%
>http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs394/en/
WHO recommends at least 0.66 g protein/kg
>http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/43411/1/WHO_TRS_935_eng.pdf
>http://www.besjournal.com/Articles/Archive/2014/No8/201409/t20140904_104167.html
Stop spreading lies.
>>
I'm not keeping it that strict. The only thing I follow strictly is calorie count and protein.

>1900 calories
>at least 120g of protein
>not that much fat

I would keep track of sugar too, if I had cravings, but all sugar I get is from vegetables and milk products, so I don't give a shit.
>>
>>34988205
>WHO recommends at least 0.66 g protein/kg
>>http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/43411/1/WHO_TRS_935_eng.pdf
>>http://www.besjournal.com/Articles/Archive/2014/No8/201409/t20140904_104167.html
>Stop spreading lies.

.66g/kg protein, for a 70kg person @ 2000 cal a day.

.66*70= 46.2g of protein per day for a 70kg person.

That's 46.2*4 = 184 calories from protein a day.

184/2000 cals = 9.2 percent of cals from protein, as recommended by WHO.

Nice maths mate.

>WHO recommends to limit the sugars to 10%, possibly down to 5%
>http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs394/en/

'free sugars'. Dw im not shovelling sugar crystals down my throat to get 80% carbs.

>Visit a doctor asap, you're permanently damaging yourself. Or don't visit a doctor and diet of diabete at 30, please don't pass on your genes.

Seen a doctor, all bloodwork fine, though low on vit D, B12 and iron. Nothing new for vegans.
>>
>>34985624
are you fucking serious ?
>>
>>34985624

Everyone literally got madder at watermelon girl >>34987734
than they got at this guy. Comment only got noticed
>>
>>34987992
will do, once im at 10% how should I keep gaining muscle? wont I eventually have to put a little bit of fat back on? Im not at all satisfied with my muscle right now which is why I was bulking in the first place. What kind of surplus should I be eating at to maintain the muscle growth without the fat? Lurking here I thought the consensus was fat gain is inevitable.
>>
>>34988288
>cut to 10%
>maintenance for 2 weeks
>add 500 cals/day to bulk
>Bulk until 15%
>maintenance for 2 weeks
>cut to 10%
and continue the cycle
>>
>>34988205
>>34988243
>WHO recommends at least 0.66 g protein/kg
recommends at least 0.83 g high quality protein/kg against the estimated average of 0.66 g
(0.83*70)*4=232.4 minimum
Note: HIGH QUALITY (the exact proportions are in the linked pdf, if you eat only low-quality proteins aka veggies without the full spectrum of proteins, you'll have to compensate adding on top of it; plus, proteins from veggies are less bio-available (~78% vs ~95% from animal sources), so you should add more proteins for this as well to compensate)
>>34988243
>I like to live on the starvation edge
>low on vit D and B12, it's fine
Change doctor. Veganism (with supplementation) can be a reasonable diet, fruitarianism isn't.
>>
>>34988329

thanks. Yeah I've upped my protein intake in light of this. Esp since getting protein cravings.

I am currently supplementing b12 and vit d (plus getting heaps of sunshine), and trying to increase iron by eating more iron rich foods.

Dw my doctor literally said 'let me teach you to eat meat'. Was weird. Probs won't go back.
>>
File: mmvnmnv.jpg (3MB, 4000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
mmvnmnv.jpg
3MB, 4000x4500px
>How much is /fit/ eating at the moment?
No idea

>Macro Targets?
No, I just make sure to eat from every epic kind of food over the course of a day (nuts, berries, dairy, meat, grain, vegetables, oil, water etc)

>Protein to bodyweight ration you're using?
No idea, probably something around 110g a day seeing how i eat 500g of cottage cheese every day, 150g of oats, 500ml of whole milk, white and red meat, two eggs. no idea what my weight is, probably something around 80kg

>Favourite meals/snacks?
meals: turkey breast with spinach, whole grain pasta, garlic, onions, pepper and soy sauce

spaghetti bolognese with meatballs

ham with eggs, rice, spinach, garlic, onion, soy sauce

snacks: almonds, meatballs

goals: be able to deadlift 200 kilograms ( currently at 1x5 165kg but switched to hepburn two weeks ago, loving it), get shredded

>planning out a diet where I'm getting enough protein is the toughest part for me.
why? just cook with the sticky picture and youre good to go, cant go wrong with it. if you want to bulk with the ingredients, eat until you want to vomit. otherwise just eat normal with the ingredients from the sticky picture and roughly count the protein

looking at the pictures it looks like i just lost fat and got more definition. i also increased all of my lifts while going from far left to far right though
>>
>>34988591
omg eating what you feel without planning it? careful you might give /fit/ an aneurysm
>>
>>34988070
I was being facetious but I've just googled the symptoms and I think there's a chance I might actually have given myself slight mercury poisoning.

Fantastic.
>>
>>34988318
thanks!
>>
>>34987871
Here the citation required for the heavy metals chelation
>http://www.wcrj.net/article/411
>Sixteen subjects living in the high-risk pollution in areas between Caserta and Naples which had received a diagnosis of heavy metal poisoning for various reasons were recruited.
>After ninety days of diet and supplementation, there was a significant reduction in the average levels of toxic metals. In particular, 81% of partecipants reported a decrease in the value of lead, 69% in the value of cadmium, 44% in the value of aluminium, 31.3% of participants shown a decreasing in the normal range of mercury due the food plan.

Full PDF: http://www.wcrj.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/WCRJ-2014-1-4-e411.pdf
>>
>>34989593
Some excerpts:
>Balanced diet as follows: Complex Carbohydrates
55%; Protein 20%; Lipids 25%. The food plan ad-
ministered to participating subjects was predomi-
nantly made up of proteins from plant origin with
a limitation of those from animal sources. Further-
more, it had the following characteristics [omissis]

>Main sources of macronutrients (pumpkin,
roots, whole grains rich in fibre and vegetable
protein): brown rice, buckwheat, barley, spelt,
quinoa. Fish meat. Eggs and white meat, one
portion per week.

>Main sources of Micronutrients: seasonal fruits
and vegetables, whole or as juice (obtained by
centrifugation/extraction). These foods come
from local markets, suggesting a rotation of
vegetable type and place of purchase.

>Other foods: non-creamy plain yogurt, miso rice,
turmeric, ginger, bitter almonds, walnuts, green
tea, 50% blend of extra virgin olive oil and
flaxseed oil. Still water of low residue, slightly
alkaline pH and low temperature at source.
>>
>>34988243
>low on vit D, B12 and iron
>still wants to claim health
>>
>>34989639
>Complex Carbohydrates 55%; Protein 20%; Lipids 25%

Time to update my macros
>>
>>34977468
eat celery and drink oxygen??

1 gram of proein = 4 calories
1 gram of Carb = 4 calories
1 gram of Fat = 9 calories

9-4-4. yer cut-off.
>>
>>34977550
What's your height/weight?

I've just discovered the joy of boiled eggs for lunch. So tasty and easy.
>>
>>34990146
as long as you're not around Co workers

smells like someone shit themselves every day in my office
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.