[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>6 months ago >Always here /fit/ talk about the horrors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (230KB, 1936x1089px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
230KB, 1936x1089px
>6 months ago
>Always here /fit/ talk about the horrors of Accutane
>Tried everything to get rid of my horrible Acne but it was cystic and would probably stay with me for the rest of my life
>Doctor recommends me Accutane
>Remember those threads and say no way
>See a random guy on /fit/ talking about how all of the faggots don't know what they are talking about and Accutane ain't that scary
>Change my mind and try it
>Specifically make sure to get the lowest dose possible for safety
>6 months later my acne is completely gone with no side effect besides having dry skin and lips
Why did so many faggots treat this pill like the devil again?
>>
File: 1291632482350.jpg (34KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
1291632482350.jpg
34KB, 192x279px
>>34972788
>Why did so many faggots treat this pill like the devil again?

because lawyers scared the shit out of everyone when it was less regulated and fucked peoples shit up

Im just starting month 2, still breaking out but no deep cysts, the best part about it is I dont look shiny from oil 2 hours after taking a shower, hopefully my shit clears up soon
>>
I used Accutane back in high school and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. 100% clear
>>
>>34972879
I used it in high school too. Best investment ever.
>>
>>34972788

I'm glad I didn't start it. I didn't have acne. I had a skin infection and needed antibiotics.

Fuckin' hack dermatologist left my face scarred as shit.
>>
>>34972788
I dont know about your dose but I took the recommended by the doctor and It was hell.
Literally no lips, and they would bleed at touch, ultra pale and dry skin,I developed anemia wich is still with me today and some more that I cant remember right now.
It was all worth it though , one of the best decisions of my life
>>
>>34972927
For most people they start you off low and raise it each month.
For me I kept it low which meant it would take longer but be safer.
>>
>>34972788
I had a friend who used acutane in HS and it gave him weird fucking mood swings and shit
he also had the ugliest dried skin and chapped lips, like people would refer to him as the dude with yellow chapped lips
anyways enjoy your liver failure m8
>>
I took it before high school.
I had severe acne but it was consistent since pre-puberty.
Went on it for 6 months and cleared my skin but made my hair fall out.
I also had to get blood work every few 3 weeks to check my liver and take birth control (lots of liabilities if you get pregnant while taking accutane)
cleared up my acne for years however it returned in college when i went off birth control. and developed a dairy allergy.
went back on the pill and cut all dairy out and i get compliments of my complexion everyday.
>>
File: 1386751751107.jpg (11KB, 301x324px) Image search: [Google]
1386751751107.jpg
11KB, 301x324px
>mfw I've never even had a pimple

But on the other hand I need to lose ~40lb. so there's that.
>>
>>34972946
Thats why you use extra shit for your skin and lips
And the blood test for the liver function because that pill can fuck up your liver
>>
i went on it and know one other guy who went on it.

he went got suicidally depressed but kept with it and stopped it.

i went on it only after i got horrible infected cysts under my skin that would swell my face up. i was advised not to do anything too taxing as it dries muscle and bone out temporarily. apart from very dry lips i saw zero mental or physical symptoms and kept weight lifting the entire time without any adverse effects. cleaned my acne up forever, my face doesn't have any marks on it now except faint acne scarring.

my case seems to be unusually trouble-free, but i cannot recommend this enough guys, honestly.
>>
Last time I went to the doctor I asked for it but she said no and gave me adalpene gel instead, it kinda worked for my face (kinda) but my back has gotten worse, how the fuck do I get a perscription for this shit?
>>
>>34972788

You just KNOW that girl would be an absolutely colossal, stuck-up cunt if she wasn't humbled by that acne. Based acne.
>>
>>34972788
I was on it about 4 months before the mood swings became suicidal depression. I had severe side effects up to this point, with my skin peeling off in chunks and hair loss. I should have stopped there, but eventually I tried to off myself and my doctor stopped treatment. Still, the 4 months cleared the worst of my acne. I still have acne over all of my back and onto my legs, but it isn't cystic anymore.
>>
>>34974322
If you have tried (nearly) every other alternative than you can get it. I got it for free too.
>>
>>34974350
>Tried to off my self
How so anon?
>>
>>34974347
this desu
>>
>>34974204
Before and after pics?

Been thinking of giving it a try, but I'm paranoid. I've already suffered depression and had to take medication for it.
>>
My brother has shit acne everywhere but he's 14 and he's afraid it's going to stunt his growth and he keeps complaining about it. Will it actually stunt his growth?
>>
anyone else dick around on minocycline and have it stop working for them?
>>
>>34974537
Thanks anon
>>
>>34974578
>my brother

Sure kid. Underage, out.
>>
>>34974602
Negro I work in Manhattan, he just keeps texting me shit about his face
>>
>>34974567
Accutane is a nuke in that nothing will be left no matter how bad your acne is.
It's funny. My drivers license photo is when my acne was at it's worst right before I started taking it and now I am all clear.
>>
the pill is great for people with severe acne, it's excessive imo for teens with a few pimples who are going to grow out of it in a few years.
>>
>>34972788
Ton of lawsuits. The main three suit causes were for birth defects (only for women), IBS (proven not to be a side effect), and depression (some link to Accutane causing it).

It also is pretty rough on your body, hence the monthly blood tests. But it's a hell of a law option. Anyone who's tried anything else to get rid of cystic acne or persistent adult acne should ask their GP about it.
>>
>>34974578
It is a possibility but as long as he keeps hydrated and eating enough it shouldn't impact him. My sister was on it super young at twelve because her face was just horrific. She's the same height as our sister who didn't take it.
>>
>>34972788

I've read a lot of reviews and have seen a lot of posts that say the acne comes back once you stop using it.
This thread says other wise but this thread also seems to been an anomaly
which is it god damnit. I don't want to have a clear complexion only to stop using it and wake up with it again, that would be a nightmare
>>
>>34972788
you may think that you're fine but your kidneys are already fucked
enjoy your kidney failure a few years down the road.
>>
>>34972788
If you want to get rid of acne supplement vitamin D and get sun. take showers 3 days a week and don't eat too much yeast.

notice how tan people have virtually no acne
>>
>>34974999
According to the doctor I talked to Acne disappears forever in 70% of the people who use it.
>>
I don't have horrible acne like the pic in the OP, but it is enough that i get a little self conscious
Should I try accutane? or is it only for horrible acne?
>>
Accutane is awesome. If you take it when you're pregnant, your baby will come out fucked up. You have to use lots of moisturizer and chapstick to stop your face from drying out and bleeding, but it's still WAY better than acne. Then when you're off the pill, your acne stays gone and the dryness goes away. Fuck haters.
>>
also i heard that accutane is just a water soluble high dosage of vitamin A, would taking large doses of just plain old retinyl palmitate?
>>
>>34975083
This is the dumbest shit I've heard in my life. Tan people have just as much acne you dumbshit it's just less visible.
>>
>>34975185
UV rays clear acne, idiot.
>>
>>34972788
OP I took Accutane too. It is a devil with a beautiful angel hidden deep in it.

I had horrible cystic acne. I was recommended Accutane and took it. Here started the probably worst 6 months of my life. My skin shed and peeled. I rubbed lotion on my entire body constantly but nothing could stop the itching. I could only play sports for an upward on 30 minutes before sinking my class into my skin in a despret attempt to stop the itching. I became scaly, my acne got worse and worse. I cured the horrible doctor who described it to me. I had become a monster, twisted and mutated from my own peverse fantasies of pure skin.

Then as quick as it began it ended. I was free of the hell. The itching stopped and with it my acne vanished. It was like watching a miracle occur. I became the beautiful butterfly, pushing out of my cocoon. People started at me in disbelief, old pizza faced me was suddenly hot.

Then I got a gf and became a normie. Honestly fuck accuntane.
>>
>>34975206
Not him, went to get zinc supplement for back acne and pharmacist asked me if I was out on the sun much because apparently sun exposure can irritate your skin and cause acne.
Btw 3rd day using zinc and acne already started drying up.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.