[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make biceps grow? I'm new to lifting, and my bench

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: biceps.jpg (630KB, 1939x1909px) Image search: [Google]
biceps.jpg
630KB, 1939x1909px
How to make biceps grow? I'm new to lifting, and my bench is quite pathetic at the moment (100lbs), but I can curl quite a lot. I do hammer curls with 25 lbs dumbbells - not a massive amount, but I see guys with much bigger biceps doing the same or maybe slightly more. what gives
>>
Your form is probably pure ass. Do you do them standing up? Do you lean on the back of the bench if you sit?
>>
>>34967886
V O L U M E
O
L
U
M
E

What routine are you doing
>>
>>34967886
When you can do strict weighted pull ups with 100+ pounds around your waist, then you will have big biceps.
It's not rocket science, just get strong as fuck
>>
>>34967896
>>34967907

On my pull day, for biceps I do:

chinups until failure

hammer curls with around 8-9 curls on each side (on bench with slight incline)

standing barbell curl (45 lbs barbell) around 12 repetitions
>>
>>34967937
>till failure
>not increasing the barbell weight
>>
Weighted pull up guy again

You only need like one isolation movement for 2x10.
Look at natty guys like Martin Berkhan and Greg OGallagher who train with low volume and high intensity- they have great upper bodies.
Your reps have to mean something, volume won't make up for a lack of focus.
>>
>>34967886
To grow bicep you need to train them to faillure with massive volume. This is why you see people with huge arms doing 20lbs dumbbells at the end of their sets. If you dont tire them enough you will see no improvements
>>
>>34967886
why would you mention your bench when talking about your bicep?

you do know brench press doesnt help with the biceps, right?
>>
>>34968011
>if you force your muscles to do pull ups with more weight every week, they won't grow in adaptation
>>
>>34968023

As a contrast.
>>
>>34967937
Do Scoobys arm workout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ag1KoxSHwo

he also talks about form there, you probably cheat a lot without realizing it
>>
>>34967937
>>34968030
Pull-up is mainly a back exercise anyway
>>
>>34968137

chinups work biceps more than pullup does
>>
>>34968366
Yeah but who actually does chinups as a bicep thing? Curls or go home.
>>
Pretty much a beginner here and still got pretty skinny arms but I've put a couple of inches on in the last year or two, didn't really see any progress until I stopped training arms directly all the time and started pulling/pressing with better technique to guarantee progressive overload on major lifts. I do at least 5-6 exercises for 3-5 sets for pulls, and maybe 6-8 varieties of press for 3-5 sets every week, but do maybe 2 or 3 arm exercises per week at most. Like I said though I'm pretty much still a beginner and natty too
>>
>I bench 100 pounds
>I'm new to lifting
>I'm concerned with the size of my biceps

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. Your biceps are small because YOU are small. All the curls in the world won't do shit if you weigh 120 pounds sopping wet you fucking mongoloid.

Come back after 3 years of lifting on a surplus and tell us your biceps are small.
>>
>>34968421
I do you fucking curl faggot
>>
File: nativeamericangenocide87x.jpg (25KB, 317x318px) Image search: [Google]
nativeamericangenocide87x.jpg
25KB, 317x318px
>muh biceps
>muh chest

I love Arnold but I hate his legacy.
>>
>>34967886
>25lbs curls
come back when you reach 50 faggot
>>
>>34968421
das like saying you should only do extensions for your triceps
>>
>>34969046
actually,the triceps only function is to extend the elbow,so yes.
Other than that it is only used as a stabilizer (eg in pullups)
>>
>>34967886
>but I see guys with much bigger biceps doing the same or maybe slightly more.

those guys are on their 100th+ rep (volume training) and curl a shitton more than that if they were curling their max. i.e. they aren't doing pathetic 2x10's like you
>>
>>34968786
this fuck off you fucking autist
>>34968011
>>34967886
>>34967907
kill yourself
>>
>>34968847

why? What do you prefer?

>>34969210

Should I go lower weight but more volume?
>>
>>34968786

I actually weigh 130 lbs so fuck you
>>
File: 8 hr Arm Blaster workout.jpg (12KB, 522x290px) Image search: [Google]
8 hr Arm Blaster workout.jpg
12KB, 522x290px
Is this the best way to train biceps?
>>
>>34970008
Okay trick to biceps. VOLUME, no other way to put it. I like doing bicep isolation after doing pull ups. Usually try for 10 reps per set until failure increasing volume each workout i hit bis until i get to 10x10, then i increase weight and restart cycle. Also no one gives a shit or is going to think you're a weak bitch for dropping the weight on your curls, because really whats the point in strength training for curls?? Start with 20lb dumbells. Scapula retraction and 0 momentum swing are key.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.