[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low carb or low fat? Or does it matter with enough exercise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1427762084825.jpg (671KB, 2480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1427762084825.jpg
671KB, 2480x1754px
Low carb or low fat? Or does it matter with enough exercise? I eat 1500 calorie a day and work out, but I'm finding it a little difficult to keep carbs low and fat high without hating life.
>>
Bump I'd really like to know.
>>
polyunsaturated fats are essential, meaning that you cant live without them

carbs are not

if you cant keep eating less just do more cardio
>>
low fat high carb = bad is a meme
if you'd rather eat more carbs and less fat then do it, it's fine. don't believe /fit/science and try it on yourself instead. if it makes you feel and function better then there's nothing wrong with it. the weight loss results will be the same
>>
High carb, and low fat on training days. High fat and low carb on off days. Keep protein intake the same for all days. Anyone that says you don't need fats to survive is an idiot. Anyone that says you don't need carbs to survive is also an idiot.
>>
>>34921411
you can survive on keto
you don't need high fat foods to survive. eating no fat is impossible as there's a bit of fat in most protein and carb sources so sticking to protein and carb rich foods is acceptable. it would be ridiculously hard to eliminate ALL fat from your diet
>>
>>34921453
You can literally avoid all fats by carefully selecting your food if you put your mind to it. Is this recommended? Obviously not, but it is a possibility. Keto does not mean zero carbs; it just means <30g a day. You cannot survive on 0 carbs - this is a fact. Fat is beneficial for muscle growth so avoiding it for a high carb low fat diet is also not recommended.
>>
> HCLF: Pros: You can eat refined shit with LOW FAT written Cons: Diminished testosterone, water retention, weakened immune system, bloated as fuck face

> LCHF - Pros: Immediate weight loss due to water retention subsiding, if you go keto you will lose 1lb of fat a week at peak efficency, Cons: Shitty mood and wellbeing due to being carb depleted, never feel "Full" like you do when you have carbs, cardio/muscle effort will suck when you're in keto

Find a nice inbetween OP, I've done both and although LCHF was better for weight loss and for me is the gold standard of weight loss diets, it'll come at a price of diminished performance. Now follow a Neo-Paleotholic diet with only natural essential fats and low GI carbs.
>>
>>34921535
diminished testosterone that's bullshit. testosterone production has way more to do with calorie intake and bodyfat% than fat intake. at least that's what it works like on my body. 100g of saturated fat a day didn't save my testosterone when I tried to get shredded. neither does <10g of fat a day decrease my testosterone when I'm eating at maintenance or at small deficit
>>
File: 1440496001445.jpg (362KB, 1427x833px) Image search: [Google]
1440496001445.jpg
362KB, 1427x833px
You need fat to survive, if you don't get enough you will die. If you want to lose weight just cut calories and get plenty of protein.
>>
>>34921529
you can survive on literally 0 carbs, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>34922810
You can also survive on literally 0 fats. You dont even have to have either theoretically, but your body is gonna burn up all your protein.
>>
File: uwot.jpg (6KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
6KB, 250x180px
>>34921535
>Shitty mood and wellbeing due to being carb depleted, never feel "Full" like you do when you have carbs, cardio/muscle effort will suck when you're in keto

this is not true faggot
>>
File: 1441035637941.gif (3MB, 420x268px) Image search: [Google]
1441035637941.gif
3MB, 420x268px
I dont know shit about nutrition and I have come to ask thee for advice:
>am 6'2 105kg
>not fat, only semi built
>currently doing modified PPL with rehab shit, 4 actual gym sessions / week

I want to lose fat from my last bulk over a longer period of time. Currently at around 20%. I dont really count anything except protein and total kcal intake.

I have heard lowering carbs is the easiest / most efficient way to go about losing some fat.
Can I still do volume training for size?
What do I replace the carbs with? Nuts? What more?

thx in advance
>>
>>34922839
You absolutely will die of malnutrition in a completely fat free diet.
>>
>>34923737
it is you DYEL shit
>>
>>34922839
>You can also survive on literally 0 fats.
No. You can't.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.