[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I often read that you should change your routine from time to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I often read that you should change your routine from time to time for optimal gains, as your body gets used to your training habits. Is it just a broscience myth or is there truth to that? How often do you change your routine? I've been doing the same PPL for a couple years and I'm still happy with it
>>
>>34917810

You should also eat your cum so you don't waste protein.
>>
>>34917810

Don't forget to practice muscle confusion.

You need to confuse the muscle to keep it guessing else it adapts to the situation. One of the best things to do is to cook a high protein meal after a workout, look at it for 3x5 then throw it out.

Muscles think "How will we recover?" and you go anabolic.
>>
>>34917810
In all seriousness, yes.

In general, you'll get used to a routine after a while. Your body keeps receiving the same stimulus over and over again and the gains will usually begin to decline.

Typically its solved through periodization or cycling through different variations of exercises, in addition to periodically waving volume and intensity.

This is basic programming.
>>
Its a clever trick for unconditioned noobs. People who just workout for a few weeks dont really develop the conditioning to never be sore so when they try new workouts they get sore again and think somethings going right.

Eventually you figure out your body and youll basically do full body 5-10 times per week.

Its not bad to change workouts, just realize that its the time you spend at the gym that gives you progress, not the routine or fada like muscle confusion.
>>
You don't have to change everything, you just make changes to some of your lifts/rep ranges & volume. Eventually you'll go from Novice > Intermediate > Advanced > Elite, and with every "Level up" (Indicated by linear gains diminishing e.g. sporadic gains, failure to increase the weight session to session then eventually week to week) you must change your program to account for this.

This is what Rippertits says anyways, well worth reading PPFST if you're looking to increase your knowledge in the field of weightlifting, pretty much covers how your schedule should change from novice to elite level. This is where programs such as Texas Method, Madcow, WS conjulate method come from.

Tl;dr: Read PPFST
>>
>>34917810
>muscle confusion
>>
>>34917855
joke's on you, i did that anyway
>>
>>34917880
Another good one is activate your almonds and then do isometric stares at them for 3x30 seconds, then your close your and have your friend change the bowl to one with unactivated almonds and then eat them really fast. It will shock your body's protein synthesizes in to overdrive and the protein will go directly to the muscles. Muscle confusion and surprising the body is really effective!
>>
PROTIP

Lifting is for F A G G O T S and is C U C K tier

Cardio x3 times a week (2-3 hours)
Calisthenics and basic shit every other day (1 hour)
Stretching every other day (1 hour)

Could take any of you fags in a real fight.

F U N C T I O N A L
>>
>>34919554
LOL weak as shit
>>
>>34919811

good goy keep liftan
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.