[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do MMA fighters walk around 30-40 lb above their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Ronda_Rousey_(3).jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Ronda_Rousey_(3).jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
How the fuck do MMA fighters walk around 30-40 lb above their weigh in weight and then lose it all in 8 weeks without losing all of their muscle?

Anthony Johnson used to fight at 170 and was walking around at 230 in the off season. Jonny Hendricks weighs around 215 in the off season and has never competed above 170. Ronda Rousey baloons up to at least 170 in between fights and then goes in there and rag dolls bitches at 135.

Whenever I go on a diet, I notice an immediate loss of strength, no matter how slowly I go.
>>
>>34910772
you can crash diet and keep as much LBM as if you dieted slowly. speed of diet has little to nothing to do with anything

the key is to keep lifting (or in a fighter's case, doing crossfit 3x a day) and to eat mass amounts of protein.
>>
It's mostly dehydration
>>
>>34910772
>I notice an immediate loss of strength
no shit.
you don't have enough nutrition.

this will be returned when you consume nutrients in sufficient amounts.

so you do that after the weigh in (before the fight) and you get all your strength back, minus the tiny bit from lost muscle fibers.
>>
>>34910772
They dehydrate their body.
Chances are if you try this without professionals supervising you will die.
Also the weight loss is temporary because you have to rehydrate your body before it shuts down. They gain 20lbs back in the 24 hours between weigh ins and the fight
>>
>Gear
>Dropping water weight, food and glycogen before weigh-in
>>
>>34910898
>hurr water retention is so hard
>how do i into potassium vs sodium?
>yuo need a doktor to liff thru eet

i bet you say you can't do powercleans without an oly coach

anyone who took high school wrestling seriously knows how stupid and full of shit you are
>>
>>34910917
>gear
like what though?
can't be anything that affects epitestosterone levels...
>>
>>34910917
>gear
>very common to get drug tested before/after a fight
Unless you want to loose everything no you are not on gear anywhere close to a fight
>>
>>34910852
why do most bodybuilding guides including our sticky recommend cutting slow if this will in fact destroy muscle fibers indirectly through reduced workouts?
>>
>>34910917
>mentions glycogen and water weight seperately
kek
>>
mostly water loss. a mate of mine re-gained 4 kilos in the 6 hours between the weigh in and going to bed that night having barely eaten the previous day.
>>
>>34910978
because of outdated bunk "science"
>2015
>taking the sticky seriously

2bh though, i didn't even read the sticky because that shit is aimed at uneducated toddlers, and i already know everything because i'm smart as fuark
>>
Amphetamines, HIIT, and water weight loss right before the fight will make you lose serious weight
>>
>>34910978
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=30825

http://www.muscleforlife.com/rapid-weight-loss/
>>
>>34910938
Woah, someone woke up feeling like a winner today. Maybe you should take that aggressive attitude to the gym buddy.
>>
>>34910772
Basically PSFM down to 5-15lbs over the weight limit depending on weight class (only the heavyweights who need to cut to 260 are going to be 15 over) then dehydrate the rest of the way.
>>
>>34912203
Mike Dolce, the nutrition dude for a ton of UFC fighters has a book on this.
>>
>>34910999

this. and cocaine; not sure there testing policies or whatnot, but it works just as well as amphetamines.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.