[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is /fit/'s opinion/experience on/with personal training?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: what.jpg (17KB, 600x357px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
17KB, 600x357px
what is /fit/'s opinion/experience on/with personal training? is it worth the money, or is it just stuff you can do by yourself with enough motivation?
>>
>>34896891
gains and money(aka jews) goblins
>>
>>34896895
so it's a no then?
>>
>>34896974
Youre basically giving money because you think its gonna make stuff easier. Its not, they cant lift instead of you. Develop some discipline and youll understand how useless a pt is.
>>
>>34896988
A lot of people lack that, hence why i'm a pt
>>
File: 1436518347247.jpg (42KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
1436518347247.jpg
42KB, 500x402px
>>34896891
if you get a good one.
great from time to time.

but. big fat butt.

finding a good one is not likely. chances are there isn't even a good one at your gym.
>>
>>34897011
Easy money for you anon, never a lack of weak willed shits to exploit. If youd give them shitty excercises so they cant progress properly so you can munch more money itwould be pretty devilish
>>
>>34896891
Find a pt who calls himself a powerlifter or a bodybuilder. Most are a bunch of faggots who look okay and if you ask them what their goals are or what area of fitness they're in they'll say some dumb shit about being fit and healthy. Find one who is down to earth and doesn't act like he's on crack and only teaches movements that are staples ie bug five, curls, extensions. No medicine ball, bosu ball, flying supinated hamstring hypers.

Source: I was a pt for two weeks before I rage quit.

Worst 700 bucks I ever spent, and I used to be addicted to speed. Fuck the fitness industry. Seriously just read SS. It's not the best but it's a great starting point.
>>
>>34896891
Depends on what you want to spend: Time or money.
Either you spend time and learn that shit yourself, figuring out how to make a meal and exercise plan.
Or you pay a professional to do this shit for you. But like everywhere you could met the wrong person who's not good in his field or worse, tries to swindle you out of your money.

Everyone here will tell you to read up on that shit yourself, but they forget that not everyone here is a neet with too much time on their hands.
>>
File: Based_Karl.png (127KB, 312x310px) Image search: [Google]
Based_Karl.png
127KB, 312x310px
i might take advantage of my gyms "try your first coaching session for free" offer, and then just get the guy to help me with my power clean form.

good idea?
>>
The majority of them are underqualified and overcharging. Just make friends, they'll give you lifting advice and motivation for free. At my old gym, 2 of my friends were PTs, we'd lift together, nothing that they knew was revolutionary.
>>
>>34897056
Yeah. My uni as well as two gyms I've tried give a training session free, it's good to take advantage of these to make sure your form and routine are in order and you aren't getting stagnant. Honestly if you have a strong mind you can push yourself alone, but if you're new or haven't made progress you'd like then a free pt sesh is a great idea.
>>
>>34897076
>>Just make friends, they'll give you lifting advice
>skelly skellingtons selling tickets to snap city
>Dr. Brosience in the house
>"Gotta get them broteins, bro!"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.