[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I cant get the deadlift down fit. No matter how I try it I feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1446559032740.jpg (139KB, 899x598px) Image search: [Google]
1446559032740.jpg
139KB, 899x598px
I cant get the deadlift down fit. No matter how I try it I feel it in my lower back and never in the hams, glutes, and upper back. What can I do? ive watched so many clips on youtube, Mark Rippletits, Elliot, Scott Herman. I cant do it. Help me fit. Youre my only hope
>>
Are you lifting at least 2pl8 if not there's your problem my lower back is literally a rod from deadlift today
>>
>>34873201
Learn to hip hinge and learn how to activate your lats in the deadlift. Practice RDL for a while, then practice some paused deads, then work up to real deads.
>>
You feel it in your lower back because you're pulling it with your back.
>>
Wait, are you supposed to feel deadlifts in your lower back? I feel it there all the time. Im really insecure about my deadlift. I dont know if I have it right.
>>
Fuck man all you have to do is 1) dont round your back, and 2) pick it up offoff the floor. Everything else is style and optimization. That shit will work itself out as you get stronger.

Shut up already and load more weight on the bar
>>
Try to imagine taking a shit, and presenting your ass like you're about to be fucked, get that nice ass going on.
And then standing, up while keeping your back straight and try to fuck a bitch with your hips
>>
I found that doing a few reps of strict RDL as part of my warmups for deadlifts helps avoid this. Also, try putting your heels closer together; this encourages hamstring activation. It's much closer than you think. I deadlift with about 4 inches of space between my heels
>>
>>34873296
Don't be an ass. As much as fit would love to believe things are this simple, some people are going to have a harder time with form.
>>
>>34873318
No way, this is literally the simplest movement. You actually just lift it off the floor.

Bunch of fucking nerds you guys. Sometimes I think you're all hopeless.
>>
File: 1440446829269.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1440446829269.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>34873201
>I've tried trained career lifters but still can't get a deadlift down.
>"help me /fit/, you're my only hope."

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>34873310
Another thing that helped me learn to DL with my legs and not my lower back is intentionally keeping my back angle the same. Imagine someone looking at you from the side while you deadlift. They should see you bent over grabbing the bar. The angle your back makes with the ground should not change until your legs are straight. Then you can do the "lock out" by leaning back until you are perpendicular to the ground
>>
>>34873336
Sounds like a catbacking gains goblin to me.

7/10 made me post
>>
File: 139942677366.jpg (95KB, 625x390px) Image search: [Google]
139942677366.jpg
95KB, 625x390px
>>34873353
People learn differently anon.
Especially the autistic fucks on the chins.
>>
>>34873374
This is what I mean. You guys are fucking dense. I literally specified two conditions in my original post and you already forgot half of them

>1) make sure make is not rounding
>2) pick up weight

If you argue anything elseelse you're any over analyzing dyel faggot. You're not doing a snatch, you're really only picking it off the ground.
>>
File: 1443615640533.png (149KB, 275x304px) Image search: [Google]
1443615640533.png
149KB, 275x304px
>>34873353
You a bitch
>>
What fixed my deadlift was learning to drive my heels into the ground (a push) while simultaneously bracing my core and lats as I pull. As oppossed to "just pull dude lmao"
>>
>>34873407
This nigger gets it. Only someone who unlocks that epiphany truly has the experience and understanding.

#deadliftfinalform#nopunintended

King of /fit/
Supermang #1
All else filler.
>>
>>34873400
And you're underage. Wtf are you even saying you dumb cunt? He was implying that /fit/ is the last place you go to after watching people who actually lift give advice. You'd know that if you were here long enough.
>>
You have 2 options.

Sumo deadlift or romanian deadlift.

They'll teach you how to actually pull from your legs, instead of your back.

I'm coming back to the gym after a 5 month haitus because of a bad injury, and i'm pulling sumo to reduce stress on my lower back an to make sure it stays a leg driven exercise. I'm not pulling conventional till i grt form perfect again, and my back and core is strong again.
>>
Just before I "pull" a deadlift, I roll back a little, make sure my chest is in front of my shoulders, and then drive my heel into the ground, while puffing out my chest and contracting my lower back to keep it stable.

I've been pulling just shy of 3pl8 and never get back pain, I can walk around normally after a set
>>
>>34873450
And you had no clue that that post was not serious. Not that you would've or could've known.

P.S. probably have been on here longer than you
>>
>>34873470
>not even 3 pl8
>confidently giving advice

Every day you guys amaze me.
>>
>>34873497
I think it's pretty impressive for a twink manlet starting out tbqfhwyf
>>
>>34873510
True. If youre 69 kg it's ok. It's not great tho.

>post butthole pls
>>
File: abs.jpg (63KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
abs.jpg
63KB, 720x960px
>>34873532
Funnily enough I am 69kg

This is my only pic
>>
>>34873542
>S O L I D

actually what I'm looking for but at 77

Its the best look. Guys and girls go crazy for it. Fuck everything that moves man. Enjoy yourself.
>>
I was having trouble on all my lifts getting the form down. Then I bought SS 3rd ed and everything is becoming crystal clear. Buy the book!
>>
>>34873201
Two things that helped me the most were

1) like someone said above, look up hip hinge and practice this without weight. Once I learned what it feels like to do this right, I can do deadlifts without even thinking about keeping neutral back etc because I know which muscles are supposed to engage to straighten the hip and which arent.

2) engage lats. Usually you brace your core (abs, obliques, erectors) without even thinking about it, but concentrating on bracing your lats adds stability and keeps the bar against your legs so you maintain leverage and don't pull with your back.
>>
>>34873542
>>34873567
pls go
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.