[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>34534073 Posted last night but fell asleep but I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: scoobys-worksho%5Ep.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
scoobys-worksho%5Ep.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>34534073
Posted last night but fell asleep but I thought it might be better as a thread

I'm a fatty and new to /fit/. About two months ago, my cousin suggested I check out Scooby's workshop, pick some exercises, and start working out. I've made some progress; Weight is about the same (maybe a little higher) but I'm noticeably slimmer. Is that how it's supposed to be btw?

Main question: I came to /fit/ and read the sticky and it suggested I do starting strength. looking at it, the exercises seem a little short. My routine is 30 min of cardio with about 4 or 5 exercises, 5 sets of 10 with a warm up set.I also work out everyday alternating muscle groups. It also doesn't have arm workouts (unless I'm not recognizing them). Should I not worry about arms right now as a fatty? Should I just trust in SS or is it okay to continue my routine?

My current goals: lose weight and gain some muscle, but mostly lose fat.
>>
SS was made for skeletons to gain as much muscle and strength as fast as possible. The program was made with idea the person would be on a caloric surplus. You'd be better off doing what you're doing, maybe switch to a high intensity low rep sort of program. If you're making progress doing what you were doing keep going. You should've read SS before starting it.
>>
>>34536527
Are most of the exercises in the sticky tailored to skeletons?

I'm probably going to switch over to SS my body fat goes down. Thanks for the help tho m8
>>
Nah, SS is still good for losing fat too. As a noob you can make gains in a deficit. don't stick to it more than a few months, and definitely add some accessories that you enjoy for parts you want to work on. even rippletits admits to throwing curls into his workouts.

honestly op, if you eat clean and move around at all for several months you'll probably be very happy with the results
>>
>>34536407
SS or SL5x5 are compound movements. Curls will work out the bicep whereas a DL will work out the Quads, Hamstrings, Glutes, Lower Backs, Abs. So even though it seems like not a lot of exercises, they will work your whole body and exhaust you(if using the right weight).
>Weight is about the same (maybe a little higher) but I'm noticeably slimmer. Is that how it's supposed to be btw?
Yes, your body is losing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Do not be alarmed if you are gaining weight, a weight scale does not determine your bf percentage just how much your body weighs.
Also, starting a legit routine will create actual routine in your life, you won't aimlessly lift weights.
SS or SL with cardio on the side will help you burn fat, gain muscle and build strength.
Also, Scooby is a body builder, so if you want to gain power or strength, he will not have the experience for it. You need to find a power-lifter or an Olympic-lifter.
>>
>>34536601
The exercises? no. but the progression and rep scheme in ss is tailored to skeletons gaining weight.
>>
>>34536605
Well my plan now is to keep doing what I'm doing then switch over to SS or something to make some gains when I'm skelly. What I'm mainly asking is I don't really know about fitness or lifting so i wanted to make sure I'm fucking myself up or doing something terribly inefficient.

>>34536609
I see. I'll ask you too: Well my plan now is to keep doing what I'm doing then switch over to SS or something to make some gains when I;m skelly. If so, I might toss in some SS exercises into my workouts. What do you mean create a routine btw? I have the same exercises I do MWF and T/R. So I should head over to /plg/ or will SS work for a bit?

>>34536629
I see. Thanks
>>
>>34536706
Go to SS right away imo. Its a beginner program so it takes noob gains in mind too. If you don't know what you're doing you should do a starting program and not go in doing whatever you want. The problem is that you have to actually read the book. It explains everything you need to know. If you want to get the important info from SS I suggest just looking at the sections detailing how the exercises work and how to do them. Also read the whole programming section.
>>
>>34536706
Do what this guy said>>34536751
Check out
Strong Lifts 5x5 also. I started with that program and began lifting huge and seen mass gains when I ate properly.
>>
>>34536751
>>34536797
I can still see results for SS and SL on a deficit right? I'm on a pretty big cut right now. I'm doing a lot of this based on 'older generation" science.

>mostly eliminated greasy/fatty foods (maybe eat out with friends once a week. I was eating poorly at home before this)
>eating healthier food at smaller portions
>Basically all I drink now is water with a little juice every now and then

Should I really count calories or would this be enough?
>>
>>34536836
Yes you can't live your life based on guesstimations. Count your calories. If you want to lose weight you have to cut out all excess sugar. So no sugary food or drinks. Artificial sugar is fine but it doesn't help you get over it. Just cut it out imo.

You need to do your homework my friend; most other people would just tell you to read the sticky. You can do any strength based program on a cut. Read SS (actually read it). Do SS. Lose weight. Make gains.
>>
>>34536907
Thanks, bro. I'll prolly finish up this week and start fresh monday
>>
>>34536407
Walk up the eiffel tower 1x1
Repeat Every other Day
>>
>>34536605

>dont do it for longer than a few months

I have been doing SL since the end of february but didnt make much progress (ate like shit, slept very little, took breaks because of random pains etc.) Is it safe to keep going but try to do it right this time? Id at the least like to lift 100 kg for a few reps on squat and deadlift.
>>
>>34538713
What exercise is this?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.