[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/com ments/328i6c/psa_dont_wa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 28

File: mark-rippetoe.jpg (183KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mark-rippetoe.jpg
183KB, 640x360px
http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/328i6c/psa_dont_waste_your_time_on_powerlifting_routines/

thoughts?
>>
>>31852151
>thoughts?
I think you should go back to reddit
>>
>>31852151
>leddit literally more reasonable than /fit/
maybe i shouldn't be surprised
>>
here we go
>>
>>31852151
Hope it's wrong. I made no strength gains on a split so I'm hoping I can make strength and muscle gains on Stronglifts.
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 640x1136px
Posting this because it's accurate. Gonna read the article anyway, because it can't be more idiotic than /fit/.
>>
>>31852172
I'm with this guy. Even mentioning reddit just points out you're a newfag pleb.

Linking to reddit? Are you retarded OP?
>>
Judging by the name of the abstract it doesn't attempt to debunk that squats increase testosterone, just that the said horomone does not cause strength gains by itself.

tldr: keep lifting heavy, friends
>>
Also the study doesn't take into account the health benefits of having load bearing legs (something that the leg press machines develops infinitely worse than low bar squats)
>>
bracing for butthurt ss fags
>>
>>31852215
Squats don't increase testosterone. That is absurdly stupid and disproven.

The article sucks but his program is as weak as SS but for different reasons. If only there was a novice program that got you strong (which makes you big as a natty) but balanced... Like ICF...
>>
read it

solid advice actually

the tldr of it is

-be honest with your goals, "muh strength" is just a cover for most guys who honestly just want to look better
- do push pull legs or uppper lower 2x a week to get a more balanced workload
- add some accessories for the ego muscles
-stop being a fatass and cut first, you'll look/feel better and gain some discipline
>>
>don't waster your time on powerlifting routines
>immediately mentions SS

stopped reading right there. someone who thinks SS is powerlifting has immediately lost all credibility. who is the guy, anyway? this level of "knowledge" reminds me of a typical internet lifter with 6 months of training experience and who got most of his info from other beginners on the internet.
>>
File: 1427911736300.jpg (266KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1427911736300.jpg
266KB, 640x1136px
These faggots act as if once you go t-rex mode you're screwed for ever. "Oh I wish someone had told me not do SS back in the day"

Fuck off. Your body is malleable. You can change your body composition. SS is good because it gives a strength base and teaches proper form on the main lifts and linear progression. If you want to continue PL, then switch to a more advanced PL routine. If you want aesthetics, switch to a routine that puts more emphasis on upper body movements.

Stop blaming your shitty physique on SS. It's your own fault faggot.

Also gtfo reddit newfag
>>
>>31852265
none of that is bad advice, but that would make the title of the article very misleading.
>>
you have to decide for yourself whether you want to listen to elite coaches with decades of experience or people on the internet with 2 plate squats (but it's ATG though and his BW is low) who tells know "how it really is".
>>
>>31852294
yeah because you skinny cunts spewing le ss meymey are any better. he is right on every account, ss is unbalanced on every account
>>
>>31852299
T-Rex mode is fucking stupid and we all know it. SS is imbalanced at best.
>>
>>31852299
good, you just wasted your first 6/12 months on a bullshit fad instead of doing a legitimately good routine that will make you an aesthetic pussy slayer
>>
>>31852345
>>31852354
>>31852362
trying too hard.
>>
>these retards on this board are still all about this ss bullshit
when i left 1 year ago you niggers were all against ss for the same reasons the lebbitor there exposed in his post
>>
>>31852374
typical ss nerd, unable to form a coherent comeback so he just covers behind his autism
>>
>>31852151

>quoting lyle mcdonald

Why? The guy is DYEL, and hasn't done a thing. Why would anyone give a shit what he has to say?
>>
>>31852374
go back to leddit fag, looks like these dyels there are exactly as butthurt as you about that anti ss post
>>
>>31852265
It's from reddit. It cannot possibly contain anything other than feminist SJW propaganda or redpill propaganda. I prefer to keep /pol/ in /pol/, thanks.
>>
>>31852354
>>31852362
Lets see your pussy slaying aesthetics faggot.
>>
>>31852404
Because despite being a lunatic he is one of the most authoritative sources on nutrition and training? This shitpost is how broscience starts.
>>
>>31852362
>pussy slayer
Lifting for women, not even once. Only the insecure lift for that.

Also back to reddit with you.
>>
>>31852265
>-be honest with your goals, "muh strength" is just a cover for most guys who honestly just want to look better
I just wanted to look good, but the internet constantly says I have to train for strength and with low volume
>>
>>31852430

>defends ss like every single lebbitors is doing in that thread
>G-GO BACK TO LEDDIT
what a fucking desperate piece of shit
>>
sounds like pretty good advice tbh. i think the SS book/vids is best for breaking down form and what each lifts do and why they're good, as opposed to being used as a strict program.

i did SL and fucking medhi would send out emails basically telling people no you don't need any accessories ever besides maybe pullups, dont ever waste time with calves at all, your biceps will get huge by squatting tons, etc
>>
>>31852172
>my superficial superiority
>>
>>31852442
>I just wanted to look good, but the internet constantly says I have to train for strength and with low volume
the fags on this board and these on lebbit are all SS shills, don't listen to these miserable shut ins.
>>
>>31852429

But why is he "one of the most authoritative sources on nutrition and training"? Every time I see him quoted, it's something stupid.
>>
>>31852354
You only go T-rex mode if you don't do the auxiliary exercises.

>Do half of the things that the program said.
>Hurr durr this is a troll
>>
>>31852475
Because I go on reddit and now what they say. Oh no wait, that's you. Back to reddit you reddit loving cocksucker.
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>31852477
> medhi would send out emails basically telling people no you don't need any accessories ever besides maybe pullups, dont ever waste time with calves at all, your biceps will get huge by squatting tons, etc
this is also what fitfaggots and redditards believe, because they are nerds and they need to be contrarian to everything they perceive as "bro-ish". in the mean time their bodies are shit for the laudable amount of just squatting, while the same bros go around fucking tens on the reg
>>
You can sum it up with "add accessories."

Well no fucking shit.
>>
Lebbit. Some kid at my gym was doing SS at my gym, he told me about how he read about it on le reddit XD.

I told him he should drink a Gallon of Milk a day for big gains.

He never looked back.
>>
>>31852517
>this desperate damage control
go shill ss on reddit you fat shit
>>
>>31852517
ugh, you're pathetic. the thread is about a reddit thread and it's everybody is clicking on it. all comments are defending ss. you are the same as redditards if not worse. go back there you shitface.
>>
>>31852485
Why couldn't you have been around a year ago?
>>
>>31852556
Everyone who has gone to that link is to be taken away and shot. Traitors.

>>31852540
I don't even give a fuck about SS. Do what you like. The point is you disgusting reddit smegma eaters coming here and ruining things with your SJW and redpill cocksucking.
>>
>>31852586
>ruining things with your SJW and redpill cocksucking

So you essentially use meaningless buzzwords to describe something the hivemind doesn't like without actually knowing what you're talking about.

Kill yourself.
>>
lmao that guys routine is absolutely retarded.

It's some faggy tryhard hybrid routine.

Either focus on strength or size, and switch between the two when you need to.
>>
i just do SS + all the other lifts I feel like. i don't get what the big deal is. i guess there are people who go to the gym and ONLY do SS, but I can't believe people would be that stupid.
>>
>>31852606
You came here from reddit, you defend it. YOU should go and kill yourself.
Also pretty sure SJW and redpill are terms with actual definitions. Whiners who bitch about men/women being the reason they fail at life and have no sense of responsibility or work ethic.

Ya know, fags like you, you cancerous redditor.
>>
>>31852586
>IM USING ALL LE POL BUZZWORDS!!! AM I COOL YET?
holy shit die
>>
I wonder why this isn't common knowledge. I'm in no way an expert lifter, but even I can see that squatting three times a week is retarded. I mean, it all depends on your goals, that's for sure. But sometimes people on SL or SS resemble me a cult, this is especially the case with SL. Back when I started lifting I too did SL. Why? Because I started with just the bar on all the compound movements and worked my way up. Once I started to lift more I researched a routine that fits my goal better. So I added some isolation and higher volume stuff.

The thing that people in this kind of discussion don't seem to understand is that SL and SS are BEGINNERS routine meant to be followed for a max of six months. And guys like the fellow on reddit that complain about beginners doing too much lower body work are stupid. A beginner squatting three times a week and doing other stuff is going to see GAINS, both strenght and hypertrophy wise. Once he becomes stronger he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Do I still squat? Of course I do. Do I still do 5X5 reps on some of my exercises? Of course I do. So what?
>>
>Uhm, is there even any doubt? Give me 100 kg on my squat please.
I'm not sure why you need to say that everyone who doesn't share your goals secretly want the same things as you and are in denial. What a silly way to look at other people.
Other than that I agree that if you want size, then strength focused programs aren't ideal. However, SS and SL are good for other things:
A newbie is not experienced enough to create his own programs. The compounds are also the most technical, and with SS and SL you spend a lot of time practicing them for a short period. I think it's worth it for anyone to be good at doing the major compounds. If anything they will give you big gains in athletic ability, because they work the basic motor patterns
You also learn how progress feels and looks, what affects your recovery systems. With a split there are more exercises, and that brings more variables.
They also are minimalistic, the workouts don't take long, and that gives you a bit of mental leeway to figure other stuff out like diet, being new in the gym and figuring out the culture etc.
If you don't want to be good at compounds then you can just do a standard brosplit you find online I guess. That'll be better for impressing girls at the beach.
I fully agree that you should cut first if you're overweight. However, Rippetoe also says to do that. He only advocates GOMAD for those who have low body fat and not much lean mass.

i never wanted to punch somebody so hard through on the internet. are all lebbitards such condescending pieces of shit?
>>
>>31852656
>You came here from reddit, you defend it. YOU should go and kill yourself.

So you have no critical thinking skills whatsoever.

>Whiners who bitch about men/women being the reason they fail at life and have no sense of responsibility or work ethic.

It's amazing how wrong and stupid you are.

Reddit is a collection of thousands of different subreddits, each having their own unique community. There are subreddits where the 4chan crossover is quite large and subreddits where most people have never even heard of 4chan. If you weren't completely retarded you'd know this.
>>
>>31852664
Reddit or the oven, get going Jew dog.
>>
>>31852151
>waahhh do what i do

I like picking up really heavy shit and eating a lot
>>
>>31852681
>Reddit is a collection of thousands of different subreddits, each having their own unique community.
>knowing what reddit is like
GO. THE. FUCK. BACK. THERE.
>>
>>31852705
I have both sites open on multiple tabs. Upset?
>>
File: 1425494560295.jpg (277KB, 580x600px) Image search: [Google]
1425494560295.jpg
277KB, 580x600px
>>31852151
So after a few years break, I come back to /fit/ for a few days, and what did change??

> no more fat people stories, it's "le eternal fat hate" now
> reddit article everywhere
> and at least one thread shitting on starting strenght in the catalog, permanently

you might as well title your post /le eternal starting strenght hate thread/ OP
it's a fucking beginner routine for god sake, the amount of vitriol it gets...

also this article sound like this humongous faggot
http://skinnyfattransformation.com/why-you-shouldnt-do-starting-strength-as-a-beginner/

who was moronic enough to bulk on SS done incorrectly, for one entire fucking year, without accessories like its written in the book, ended up a blob (no shit enstein), moved to a decent weight/ high rep routine, AND THEN shit on a routine he didn't even do correctly but gave him nevertheless strenght result THAT HE NEEDED to do his second routine later ( he admit he could'nt even do a pushup before)..

And after all that the cunt has the audacity to lauch his own awesome ebook on how to TRANSFORM YOURSELF as a SKINNYFAT? like he suddently need to preach his gospel.
there is no cure for being a cunt, and if you listen to these people, you deserve what you get later
>>
>>31852526
yeah but see >>31852477 and note that most SSfags only talk about the compounds and make it seem like Rip advocates no accessories

there's a ton of people on here and reddit that think deadlifting 1x5 twice a week will get you massive arms and that squats grow your entire body
>>
>>31852720
Jawohl. Ready to be shot, treasonous dog?
>>
>>31852656
nobody is defending reddit you huge piece of shit, you have been shitting the thread for an hour now babbling against these supposed ledditors because it's the cool thing to do on 4chan these days. and you managed to quote exactly all the people itt who are talking shit about SS, which is against what redditards believe (they are huge SS dickriders). so fuck off, you are pathetic.
>>
File: 1428449916116.jpg (35KB, 534x640px) Image search: [Google]
1428449916116.jpg
35KB, 534x640px
I fell for the strength training low-rep troll. My OHP and bench went up over a hundred pounds but I look exactly the same. I'm going to increase the reps, do drop sets, super sets, and chase dat sweet pump now.
>>
I lifted with lower rep range and stuck mostly to the big lifts.

I don't regret it, even though I barely look like I lift when I have my shirt on. It was easy to stick to and it really was just that, a starting program. What it did give me is decent strength, even while I was losing weight. Now, even after many months of not going to the gym, I still outlift my friends who went straight into brosplit bb routine, although they look better than me at the time (lower bodyfat % helps).

Now I can switch to a more BB focused program while still having the strength to push decent weight and not babbyweight like when I first started. It also made my frame "big", so I know I'll look good once I fully cut.
>>
>>31852690
>omg more pol meymey
i bet you are some britcuck who thinks he is white. go die jamal
>>
>>31852735
Don't care about SS, except if they're Schutzstaffel. Reddit Jew dogs need to go. Men like OP who link to reddit must be sent to the camps.
>>
>>31852758
Wrong again, SJW redpill dick rider feminist whore.
>>
>>31852735
>shitting on ledditors is the cool thing to do on 4chan these days
>these days

nice job exposing yourself right there.
>>
File: 1425506925112.jpg (39KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1425506925112.jpg
39KB, 396x385px
Oh look, a redditor posted a massively strawmanned argument in a post to farm le upboats from other morons who use reddit. Colour me fucking surprised.

Starting strength isn't a powerlifting program. It's a linear progression beginners program, which does exactly what it says on the tin.

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>31852745
If you want hypertrophy do myo reps. Google it.
>>
I agree that squatting that much is not useful or beneficial unless you really want to become a PL. Took me years of recomposition after SS to become useful at other sports again. And I wasn't even squatting HEAVY heavy.
>>
>Look at the weekly volume in SS. Legs: 70

The gym math, it hurts lol

Either deadlift and power clean don't count for legs OR bench counts for shoulders and press counts for chest. Somehow people who claim to have lifted heavy weights for a long time have never noticed that the leg stress in dl/pc is radically less than squatting ...
>>
>>31852151
Everything he said is true and /fit/ will argue against it because it goes against the /fit/ hivemind. It's amazing really because Reddit and 4chan have the same target audience.
>>
>>31852916
>Reddit and 4chan have the same target audience.
You take that back. We're no SJWs or feminists, unlike reddit.
>>
>>31852299
>getting good form from reading a book
>wasting 6-9 months on building useless fast-twitch muscles and learning lmao!lowbarsquat
>wasting another 9-12 months fixing the imbalances with a better routine and lifting technique
>>
Everything in that post is more or less spot on. He's right that routines like starting strength get taken way too far. All he's saying is that for most people's goals they should be keeping the heavy strength work but programming it in such a way that they're going to get good development in their entire physique, and work in more accessories to complement that.

What he say's about cutting is more of a subjective thing but from my perspective I would agree, although I know for some people it's not true.

Just look at the routine he posted with it, it's basically the sort of balanced routine that people who actually lift recommend here all the time. If you implemented what he's suggesting in an upper/lower split instead of a 3 day full body it would essentially just be Candito's Linear with front squats instead of back squatting, which totally makes sense if maxing your back squat isn't your main goal.

Anyone who thinks the guy who wrote this is an idiot or misguided clearly doesn't know the first fucking thing about lifting. Bunch of obese /pol/acks who troll here in their spare time. You might not agree with everything he has to say but if you don't think the general sentiment has some merit you're a moron.
>>
>>31852869
you're either lying or you are a retard
>>
>>31852983
You may be right, but all of that is irrelevant. It was written on Reddit, and it is therefore wrong.
>>
>>31852983
On what planet are SS or SL power lifting programs?

They're beginners programs. ANd theya re pretty decent for beginners just stepping into the gym.
>>
>>31852151
>front squat emphasizes anterior chain
wat
>>
>>31852990
Butt hurting from all those squats?
>>
>>31852939
The target audience is 20 something your olds who may be considered "different". Then you get indoctrinated into the culture of whichever website you happen to land on. Websites with more women tend to become more SJW, which is why Reddit ended up like that.
>>
>>31853015

Remind me where I said SS and SL are powerlifting routines?
>>
>>31852151
So is the whole "don't do SS" a troll or are people too stupid to read the book?
>>
>>31853015
They are made by former powerlifters and are used as Powerlifting Intro. Of course you can do other things after SS/SL but they are built around powerlifting.
>>
File: CLOSER FAGGOT.jpg (24KB, 250x258px) Image search: [Google]
CLOSER FAGGOT.jpg
24KB, 250x258px
>tfw you'll never grind against Mark's throbbing knob
>>
>>31852990
>>31852990
>>31852990
>>31852990
>>31852990
>>
>>31853064
Riptits tells weaker "athletes" to drink 1 gallon of whole fat milk every day. Judge for yourself.
>>
>>31853015

You realise the strawman fallacy you're commiting by completely disregarding the merit of all of the things McReddit said just because he happened to call out SS and SL as 'powerlifting routines' in the title of his post?
>>
>>31853052
Sorry mate, 4chan antecedes Reddit by a good 5 years. Anyone who comes here and think we're like reddit is a web 2.0 facebook punk kid.
Like you.
>>
>>31853077
the fact that he was featured on the art of manliness just solidifies the fact that SS is a meme
>>
File: how_sets_work.png (37KB, 807x662px) Image search: [Google]
how_sets_work.png
37KB, 807x662px
As most things on the internet and especially fitness related things opinion is presented as fact based on empirical evidence.
Which they never are.
>>
>>31852265
>-be honest with your goals, "muh strength" is just a cover for most guys who honestly just want to look better
Probaly, not my case. I want to get to 1/2/3/4, whatever muscle mass is required for that will be welcome, but it's not my main goal.

>-do push pull legs or uppper lower 2x a week to get a more balanced workload
Why do people think SS/SL are not balanced? It's nearly 50/50 upper/lower. Also, why do people think SS/SL are powerlifting routines? These people have no fucking clue of what a PL routine looks like.

>- add some accessories for the ego muscles
Agree, nothing prevents you from adding accessories to SS/SL, and in fact you should add some after the first couple months once you have the main lifts' technique down.

>-stop being a fatass and cut first, you'll look/feel better and gain some discipline
Only if you are a fatass, skinnyfats between 15 and 20 bf% should eat at maintenance or even bulk. They are going to look like utter shit if they cut with no muscle mass whatsoever.
>>
File: T rex mode.jpg (126KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
T rex mode.jpg
126KB, 850x1280px
>don't do strength training bro your legs will get too big
>You don't wanna look alike a trex, right? Better do bodybuilding bro trust me
>>
>>31852863
I listened to some guys on YouTube explain this. So if I'm understanding this right, it's like "edging" with failure. You do a set to get almost all the energy out of your muscles, then do a short partial recovery until you can do a few reps, and keep doing cycles of mini-rest and mini-sets to maintain the state of "almost failure" and that burning feeling as long as possible.
>>
>>31853101
Everyone knows only 10 reps works
>>
File: lean leeman.jpg (50KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lean leeman.jpg
50KB, 768x1024px
>>31853110
Meanwhile in the powerlifting world
>>
>>31852631
If after a proper SS session you still have energy/time to do other things, you are not lifting hard enough, newfag dyel.
>>
>>31853140
this

I usually bring my sleeping bag to the gym cause I'm too tired to go home afterwards
>>
File: platzlegs2.jpg (75KB, 439x640px) Image search: [Google]
platzlegs2.jpg
75KB, 439x640px
>>31853110
>>31853132

a t-rex mode bodybuilder is the fault of the bodybuilder, not bodybuilding itself. bodybuilding the way /fit/ and Arnold Schwarzenegger use it means training for aesthetics and balance as well, not just being as massive as possible.
>>
>>31853110
>summon meat golem
>>
>>31852614
Right?
>urrr, let's have a beginners program rely on percentages of your max, eventhough your max changes each day
>urrr, let's have beginners learn 10 exercises all at once
>>
>>31853162
Well that's the fucking point, isn't it? If you look like shit its your fault, you don't look a certain way because of the style of training you do alone.
>>
>>31852151
That guy pretty much showed he doesn't know jack shit when he says
>Look at the weekly volume in SS. Legs: 70. Shoulders: 22. Chest: 22. Upper back: 22. Does this seem aligned with your goals?

I don't know how he got those numbers, but every two weeks it's
legs: (squats) 3*5*6 + (deads)1*5*3 = 105
shoulders: (ohp) 3*5*3 + (bench) 3*5*3 = 90
chest: same as above = 90
upperback/back in general: (deads) 1*5*3 + (powerclean) 5*3*3 + (ohp) 3*5*3 = 105
So that's the reps for every two weeks, and it's fairly balanced. I don't even know how he's getting 22's as reps since it's all multiples of 5.

It's pretty much a /fit/ tier troll who just organizes his information well to look like he knows what he's talking about and trick beginners.
>>
>>31853201
but "lifting for strength" is much more likely to produce disproportionately large legs.
>>
>>31853218
In fact, upper body volume should be lower than lower body volume, because they are smaller muscles that don't recover as fast.
>>
>>31852151
This is stupid and here's why:
1. Why would you CUT first if you have no muscle? If your main goal is to look "good" then WHATS WRONG with getting a little fat first to out on some fucking muscle?

2. You need strength to become aesthetic, Powerlifting routines are great because that's the focus. To be strong fast. The sooner you are the strong, the sooner you can get aesthetic,

3. There is little point in adding acursors that will mess with progression. Your priority during the beginning should be to get strong. Put the fucking dumbbell down, you don't need biceps bigger then your quads, they will mask your deltoids and triceps.

Get strong then work on your weaknesses from poor training because you were too stupid to read the book.

/
>>
>>31853064
yes to both
>>31853077
>Riptits tells weaker "athletes" to drink 1 gallon of whole fat milk every day. Judge for yourself.
http://startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf
>Now, we need to drop the milk
down to a half gallon a day for a while, and then perhaps less than that.
>So, if you’re still drinking a gallon of milk a day eight months into the program, YNDTP. If you have
only gained 8 pounds, either as a skinny guy or above your low point when you were losing bodyfat,
YNDTP. If your squat has only increased 50 pounds, YNDTP
Don't talk about things which you know nothing about. Idiot
>>
>>31853110
This should be the general response anytime somebody claims a beginner program can cause serious muscular imbalances.
>>
I'm 188cm tall and 89 kg. The weight/height ratio is good but I got no muscle and lots of fat. I cut from 105 kg to here so Im tired of cutting. I decided to do SL while eating at maintenance to get some muscle without getting more weight. Was this a good decision? I eat healthy food and lots of protein. I'm advancing quite good on the program so far(3rd week). I also do stretching, foam rolling and mobility work before a workout. Maybe cardio in rest days maybe not. Dis good /fit/?
>>
>>31853218
you forgot to include chins

and you cant really consider ohp having the same effect on upper back as squats have on legs
>>31853254
>smaller muscles that don't recover as fast.
[citation needed]
>>
>>31853218
>>31853254

You can calculate and theorize as much as you like. In the end, most beginners who strictly follow SS will end up with big legs.
>>
>>31852829
>>31852778
>i'm a dumb nigger

ok kids
>omg im le nazi
kill yourself cuck
>>
>>31853236
THEN FUCKING DONT DO SQUATS EVERY FUCKING DAY.
JESUS CHRIST. JUST SKIP THEM ON DAY A OR DAY B OR SOMETHING.

ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID?

INB4 YNDTP - WHO CARES IF YOURE STILL GETTING STRONG? JUST DONT BE AN IDIOT AND DRESS YOUR ROUTINE WOTH ACCESORIES LIKE A WOMAN WOULD
>>
>>31853236
Yeah man benching heavy sure does make your legs huge
>>
>>31853288
>I need a citation to prove that quads/glutes/hamstrings are bigger and naturally stronger than biceps/triceps/pecs/shoulders
>>
>>31853236
why?
You'd be right if you had said "training to compete in powerlifting tends to produce disproportionally big legs".
>>31853256
Instant gratification brah
>>
>>31852790
>he thinks redpill is the same as sjw
dumbfuck detected
>>
>>31853307
>you need a citation to prove that smaller muscles recover slower
>>
>>31853296
Is that a bad thing? When you act like your legs are the only thing that balloon up you're pretty much in the same category as girls who think they'll become shehulk after lifting anything heavier than 10lbs dumbbells
>>
>>31852939
lebbit is hugely anti feminist you dumb cunt. you niggers are the same breed
>>
>>31853301
>THEN FUCKING DONT DO SQUATS EVERY FUCKING DAY.
YNDTP

>>31853305
no squatting 3 times a week does

>why?
You'd be right if you had said "training to compete in powerlifting tends to produce disproportionally big legs".
I thought that was implied in "lifting for strength" sorry. I do know a guy who literally only trains for bench press (and doing pullups as an accessory) and he's aesthetic as fuck.
>>
>>31853277
I would say don't squat 3 times a week. Replace one squat set with some other upper body lift. Either work on bench/OHP form with lighter weight or do some other upper body stuff.
>>
>>31853309
>Instant gratification brah
Then you're not lifting. Lifting takes time.
These faggots are coming to the gym doing bench press then overhead press, then spending half a hour doing tricep accessories and working why they can't press more then 20kilos
>>
>slow bulk
>adding a pound every month or two
Lmao.

So if you reach 160 pounds low bf and want to get to 190, and you're gaining .75 pounds per month, that means it would take 3 years and 4 months just to reach your goal weight, let alone your goal body.
>>
>>31853110
>post a pro to prove his moot point
retard confirmed
go away ss shill
>>
>>31853322
>if you train them with the same volume that you would train legs
>>
>>31853329
MAKE YOUR OWN STRENGTH PROGRAM THEN, WITH LESS SQUATS.
TAKE SS, REMOVE SAUATS FROM DAY A AND THEN CLAIM YOURE DOING YOUR OWN PROGRAM.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
*PILLOW SCREAM INTENSIFIES*
>>
>falling for le ss shills again
fit confirmed for lebbit tier
the only good guy in this is the lebbitor who started that thread, and all these ss niggers and "downvoting" him. le butthurt is real
>>
File: 1416565957313.jpg (152KB, 770x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1416565957313.jpg
152KB, 770x1000px
>Only leg exercise is front squats
This upsets me enough to give away a rare dank
>>
>>31853348
>go on
>>
>>31853353
how could you honestly say you're "lifting for strength" when you are willing to sacrifice strength gains for aesthetics? guess what? YOU'RE BODYBUILDING NOW
>>
>>31853353
>*PILLOW SCREAM INTENSIFIES*
Ahh yes, I love when my bottom does that.
>>
>>31852151
>Nothing is wrong with SS if you add accessories/isolation

The tl;dr version of that post
>>
>>31853324
I know my legs got out of proportion on SS. The SS technique puts lots of weight on the adductors, hamstrings and glutes, which means you can lift a lot more than you should be doing at that stage. As a consequence, your legs balloon up. Squatting 3 times a week might not have produced this result if you used a high bar or quad dominant technique.
>>
>>31853368
>that's it
>>
>>31853367
nothing wrong with front squat/deadlift combo for legs
>>
>>31852151
>read the fit comments
>read le redtards comments
>both ss fanboying
exactly the same
you niggers are painful
>>
>>31853386
>if you purposely create an imbalance in your legs, they won't look as big
>>
>>31853373
WHO CARES, IF IT GETS AESTHETIC FAGS TO SHUT UP, LET THEM DO IT.
JUST DONT GO DULL RETARD AND DO A SPLIT AS A BEGGINER
>>
>>31853393
>ok. i just have the opposite experience
>>
>>31853386
That's full bullshit, even low-bar squatting is still mostly the quad, it just adds more posterior chain. and how exactly are you "lifting more than you should be?" is there a guideline some where that says you must be training for at least a year to squat 2 plate?
>>
>>31853411
yeah because oly lifters totally have unbalanced legs
>>
why dont people just do candito beginner program once they learn the lifts?

candito is a powerlifter but also has an aesthetic physique, (his face looks like arya stark though) so you'd assume you'll be getting the bist of both worlds
>>
>>31853422
I personally made shitty gains doing 3x5 either bench or press each day. Never felt fatigued in my upperbody, even right after my third set
>>
>>31853424
The whole point of SS technique is to distribute more weight on all leg muscles, not just quads. Did you even read the book?

You are lifting more than you should when your upper body cannot support the weight your legs and ass are able to push. The "good morning squat" is not a meme.
>>
File: walteravatar.jpg (4KB, 100x97px) Image search: [Google]
walteravatar.jpg
4KB, 100x97px
>>31853416
I certainly don't care. I'm not even the one yelling. I'm just saying training for maximum strength is likely going to sacrifice aesthetics.
>>
>>31853341
Assuming one pound of pure muscle is 2000 cals, he wants you to be in a 33-67 cal surplus each day.
You'd need ultra autism to be that accurate.
The dude has zero experience lifting.
>>
>>31853448
Lift more then

Also you're not suppose to feel anything, that effect comes when you break down the musce after doing 100000 reps on the curl machine.
>>
>>31853430
>oly lifters only do high bar squats 3 times a week and deadlifts every other day
>>
>>31853409
reddit guy wrote straight legged deadlift, not deadlifts.
>>
>>31853483
I don't understand what you're implying here. SS does a floor pull movement every day and a low bar squat every day. If anything that would create more imbalance than a typical oly highbar/floorpull routine.
>>
>>31853437
Is it a good idea to do Candito's linear beginner program after SL, or should I go for his strength/hypertrophy program directly?
>>
>>31853460
Except low-bar squatting is also not good morning squatting, and people on /fit/ like to call everything that isn't perfectly vertical a good morning because they're dyel fucks who don't lift heavy. And a lowbar squat distributes the weight to the glutes and posterior chain, that doesn't mean it doesn't hit your quads the most still.
>>
>>31853460
>You are lifting more than you should when your upper body cannot support the weight your legs and ass are able to push. The "good morning squat" is not a meme.
wow
Do you even know WHY you end up GM'ing the weight?
>>
>>31853492
and there's nothing wrong with that either...
>>
>>31853481
>>
>>31853510
Not him, but it's generally because the glutes/back are stronger than the quads so people shoot their hips up to take load off the legs themselves and focus on the hip hinge
>>
>>31853501
Or even better: SL -> Madcow -> Candito's
>>
>>31853500
SS doesn't do anything every day, but every other day. Have you even read the program?
>>
>>31853508
>And a lowbar squat distributes the weight to the glutes and posterior chain, that doesn't mean it doesn't hit your quads the most still.
nah m8 I definitely feel those the most in my ass... front squat hits quads the most
>>
>>31853517
the program lacks knee flexion
>inb4 so does SS
Yes, but Rip didn't try to create a "better" program like redditguy
>>
>>31853510
No I didn't pay or know a lifting coach so I can guess from reading material. Hips raising faster than upper chest will produce the good morning. Which is a combination of beginner mistakes and weak back.
>>
>>31853530
What is HRV, heart rate something? Is that the thing mike T has with that trac system to tell how stressed you are?
>>
>>31853556
>the program lacks knee flexion
Then what the hell are paralel squats?
>>
>>31853538
>Have you even read the program?
>SS doesn't do anything every day

Have you?
>>
File: stress, recovery and adaptation.jpg (304KB, 1040x307px) Image search: [Google]
stress, recovery and adaptation.jpg
304KB, 1040x307px
>>31853560
G Nuckols made the graph for some seminar where he had explained HRV. But basically:
>HRVHigh=feelgood
>High HRV (low stress)
>>
>>31853538
why yes I have and that's what I meant. I'll post my reply again so you can address it instead of going full fedora on me.

I don't understand what you're implying here. SS does a floor pull movement every day and a low bar squat every day. If anything that would create more imbalance than a typical oly highbar/floorpull routine.
>>
>>31852151
>http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/328i6c/psa_dont_waste_your_time_on_powerlifting_routines/
I think he's completely right.
>>
>>31853545
Front squats are also significantly lighter than back squats and don't put nearly as much stress on your quads/legs etc compared to back squatting, they're good assist but no where near heavy enough to replace actual back squatting.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 1395x701px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 1395x701px
REMINDER THAT THIS WAS YOU ONCE. (SEE PIC) YOU WANTED TO JUST "LOOK GOOD" ONCD. WHAT CHANGED? YOU GOT TAUGHT THE IMPORTANCE OF STRENGTH. ALL PEOPLE BEGIN LIFTING TO LOOK GOOD, ITS BETTER TO DECIDE YOUR GOALS AFTER YOU GET LEARNED,
IM SURE THST GUY WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME WAITING FOR YOU FAGS TO FINISH YOUR 3PL8 BENCH, SO HE CAN DO HIS 4 SETS OF 30 REPS @ 12KG.
>>
>>31853595
ummm. that's now how that works. doing a slightly lighter front or high bar squat will put significantly more stress on your quads than a slightly heavier lowbar squat. at least that's how it works with my body i'm not sure about you.
>>
>>31853589
>SS has a 7 day a week program
Sure thing buddy. Been dipping into the expired whey powder again?
>>
>>31853591
But is there an actual way to measure it? I hate when something just goes by feeling because I don't know if I just feel tired on a bad day, or if I'm being a pussy and should push harder, or if I feel good and it's just a good day and I'm over stressed.
>>
File: More squat depth, more quads.png (98KB, 976x638px) Image search: [Google]
More squat depth, more quads.png
98KB, 976x638px
>>31853619
>>31853595
depth is also relevant
>>
>>31853631
>being this fucking autistic
He clearly means every training day.
>>
>>31853593
Every other day. This is fucking terminology, come on.
As for SS imbalances, a power clean is not much of a pull mate.
>>
>>31853653
I think he's just trying to preserve the flawless reputation of Anonymous always being right about everything
>>
File: Squat-volume.png (84KB, 767x564px) Image search: [Google]
Squat-volume.png
84KB, 767x564px
>>31853638
nope. Well, you can take your temperature and heart rate as you wake up and make a graph. If both increase over time, that could be a sign of over reaching
But I'd just go with "Do I feel fatigued? Do I feel weak? Am I regressing in weight?" If yes, decrease volume or increase recovery (more food, more sleep, decrease life stress). If no, keep going.
Just know that it's preeety hard to do so much volume you can recover
>Pic related: Did 1, 4 or 8 sets with their 8RM squat.
8 sets gave the most gains.
>>
>>31853657
>every other day
so on SS you train MWF then Sunday?
did you even reed the book??

>ebin_trole_face.png
As for SS imbalances, a power clean is not much of a pull mate.
oh really then what is it? a curl?
>>
>>31853681
>Just know that it's preeety hard to do so much volume you can recover
obviously meant "you CAN't recover from"
>>
>>31853681

unrelated anon here,

what's the bottom line of this discussion you guys are having,
>>
>>31853696
Its an explosive excercise. It is of course a pull, but it doesn't do much to increase strength. Power cleans only improve explosiveness.

>every other day means MWF
You need a fucking dictionary, dear lord.
>>
>>31853718
something about "How do you know if you're doing too much volume"
>>
>>31853531
You literally have it the wrong way round.
>>
>>31853718
>too much volume where you can't recover will lead to overreaching and feeling like shit
>good news is reducing volume then will make you see big gains
>also good news is that apparently it's really fucking hard to actually do enough volume to get into a overtraining stage
So I guess if you feel like you can do extra sets, do them.
>>
>>31853745
I forgot what we were arguing about but you're a retard.
>>
>>31853761

*nods head
>>
>>31853745
Do you think you generate explosiveness through magic?
>>
>>31853793
Rapid expansion of molecules, wasn't it? Or was it rapid heat build up?
>>
>>31853236
No. It'll produce proportionally large legs, like nature intended. I don't know why the whole babylegs fashion caught on, you look ridiculous and I just makes me want to push you and watch you tumble over. You're the only ones who think you look good, everyone else just think you look like insecure teenagers.
>>
>>31852151
looks like the bro-split IDF is out in full force today...
>>
File: 1289409816825.jpg (27KB, 182x195px) Image search: [Google]
1289409816825.jpg
27KB, 182x195px
>SS
>powerlifting routine
>>
>>31852705
trying too hard tbh
>>
>>31852239
>ss fags
>powerlifting routine
Spotted the rookie guys
>>
>>31852939
>we r one!
back to /b/ you massive retard
>>
File: David-Mackintosh.jpg (78KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
David-Mackintosh.jpg
78KB, 1023x681px
>>31854065
lel is that why Arnold and Zane had such massive legs? fuck off SS shill.
>>
>>31852151
Reddit guy speaks the truth
>>
>this fucking thread
I don't know if you guys are genuinely fucking retarded or just le ebin trole
>>
>>31855376
genuinely retarded

you can almost guarantee that most posters in this thread are only appearing out of the woodwork because someone is confirming their bias that they don't need to work hard to look good.
>>
>>31853775
yes, that's pretty spot-on what I tried to say. It's something I know I need to incorporate more
>>
>>31855430
to be fair almost everyone posting in this thread is a retard including you and me
>>
>>31855430
>not doing exactly the routines i say=i dont want to work hard to look good
>>
>>31852151
>reddit

Get fucked.
>>
>>31852614
Underrated post.
>>
>>31855213
>>31852720
Go kill yourself you stupid redditor cunts.
>>
Anyone else find it weird /fit/ has had a surge of opinionated dyels lately?
>>
>>31855661
I've been browsing /fit/ since 2010, it's always been 90% opinionated DYELs
>>
>implying this isn't best mode
>>
>>31852885
SL and SS are basically a PPL in one workout
>>
>>31856042
Yep, it's basically do your whole body at once 3 days a week at a lowish volume, or do it over a few days, and hit the whole body 2-2.333 times a week at a greater volume.

… and yet people argue about this shit all the time. A split is better, but only if you have the time to go lift 6 times a week.
>>
>>31852916
>It's amazing really because Reddit and 4chan have the same target audience.

Exactly, both sites are pretty much the same.
Always funny how there are people going off about their reddit boggeyman on this site. Generally shows how new they are.
>>
>>31852151
>If you had to pick between increasing your squat by 100kg and gaining 12lbs of muscle, what would you pick?
the 100kg obviously
I would literally be world record tier
>>
>>31852151
>r/fitness

r/weightroom is superior for lurking (never post on reddit though)
>>
>>31856119
I've been here since before reddit existed. In fact, being aware of what reddit is like is a pretty solid indication that you're new to 4chan.
>>
>>31852151
You're supposed to do SS for 2 months and then switch to a split. Even before that you start adding curls and isolations after like three weeks. Why the fuck don't people understand this?
>>
do ppl for 2 years, zero progress. Do SL for 6 months then Phat for 3 months, progress...
>>
>>31853110

That is one of the most disgusting bodies I have ever seen.
>>
>>31856166
If you have been here since 2005 and are still going on about petty
>muh site is better than ur site wars
you should re-evaluate your life.
>>
>>31852151
Kill yourself, redditor cuck
>>
but canditos 6 week program is clearly the GOAT

didn't even read that link people are so mad that people don't give a shit about their biceps no mo
>>
>>31856201
4chan is a fun thing on the side. There is nothing here except petty shit. Petty arguing about routines, petty arguing about sites, petty arguing about supermang.
If you didn't want petty arguing, maybe this place isn't for you. In fact, the internet may not be for you.
>>
common sense anyone who has been here for more than a couple of months already knew

whats the big deal? you werent that much of a retard to follow rips advice, were you?
>>
This thread always reminds me to never listen to /fit/
>>
>>31856261
>implying you don't just stop giving a shit about silly website politics after a while

>In fact, the internet may not be for you.
yeah pretty good indicator that it's all the same shit though
>>
http://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2015/04/09/losing-bodyfat-or-gaining-muscle-mass-which-is-more-important/

Your daily reminder /fit/
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 459x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 459x441px
>read comments
>don't see comment about SS being a troll until the 5th comment
The fact that not enough people object to SS on there is questionable at best
>>
File: 32164317471.jpg (16KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
32164317471.jpg
16KB, 480x269px
I browse 4chan instead of reddit because it's better
>>
>>31856364
I don't think you understand how much I can care about insignificant bullshit.
>>
>>31856219
its a good routine. just started my second cycle.
>>
read his ama

basically the thread was

>Hey Mr. Rippetoe my doctor said I should lose weight or I'll die before I'm 40. what do you think
>rippetard: Anecdotal evidence from experienced coaches have proven your doctor wrong. Your doctor is a pussy. You have to buy my book and do more squats.
>>
>>31856474
Upvoted, my dear friend :')
>>
>>31852151
the very fact that this stupid nigger never read the book, never read practical programming, and is already criticizing SS is idiotic

listen up you mongs, the real troll routine is SL because that retard mehdi is a moron

however in SS, Rip goes full detail about accessory work, in Practical Programming, Rip give also much more detail about intermediate/advanced strength training and in no situation did Rip say " don't do accessory, don't do curls/triceps " and whatever shit you niggers say

it isn't Rip's fault you niggers got fat, because you did GOMAD without slightly thinking if it is for you

Rip never advised to get fat, he's right to say that achieving low bodyfat for a beginner and even intermediate is pure stupidity on so many levels, but that doesn't mean you need to be fat. His position about this is clear as he said being between 15% and 17% is ideal and he's also right again too

now you can be shredded if you want to, be my guest, as a beginner however following that will simply mean failing at some point

but anyway, since you niggers are too stupid do whatever your zyzz split shit, but don't wonder after that as to why you look weak and like a little pussy

protip : if you want to be aesthetic, just jump on roids, period. those nice physiques you see are mostly not natty at all.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (104KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
104KB, 500x484px
>>31852151
>leddit link
>200+ replies
>>
>>31856150
R/weightroom is actually really cool, r/fitness is the retard sub where all the dyels congregate
>>
>>31856420
lel I guess that might be true
>>
>>31856601
Move back to reddit if you like it so much then, and plague us no more, you feminist redpill dickrider.
>>
>>31856381
1rm's
275 Bench
315 Squat
425 DL
190 OHP

SS+ rows/chins. I don't see a problem with the routine. It makes working life a hell of a lot easier.
>>
>>31856507
good post. I agree with everything. it's actually pretty hard to argue against anything rip says in SS or PP, and 99% of the anti-SS posts you see are people who argue against shit he never said or clearly does not mean.
>>
>well I've spent 4 months on SS and my squat is now 3 plate
>this is absolutely the largest I ever wanted my legs to be and the strongest I want my squat to be
>I'm annoyed I progressed so fast, I could have taken twice as long and progressed upper body at the same rate

nobody thinks like this
>>
>>31855336
You think you could reach the size and strength of their legs on a novice program?
>>
>>31852151
Oh boy, what am I gonna pick? The experimented trainer Ripperino or this redditrino fag?
>>
>>31856381
maybe because it isn't a troll
>>
>>31852151
>thoughts?

if you can't bench 2plate for reps and squat nearly 3plate for reps you are never going to get the muscular look most guys are trying to get

if you don't act like a powerlifter and get super serious about your eating and adding weight to the bar as often as possible it will take forever to get there

honestly if you just "go to the gym" like most guys and do some lifting and dick around doing 3x10 and thinking you don't need to lift heavy, you will never get strong

you don't just accidentally gain 20-30lbs of muscle and squat 3plate and have big muscles

the autism is necessary
>>
>>31852265

depends on what you mean by that, most guys who lift weights want to look like the guys on the cover on men's health
>>
>>31856946
>wanting to be a literal T-Rex
>>
>>31852983

the tone of the article is that most guys who start lifting try too hard and get too strong

that is not the case

>ooops i did SS and now i am all bulky, my muscles got too big, i should have done a split

totally a problem
>>
>>31855336

they were both doing a gram+ of test a week and have bigger legs than you do

>oops i squatted for 3 weeks and now my legs are bigger than arnie's by accident
>now i look disproportional

happens all the time
>>
>>31856201
>If you have been here since 2005 and are still going on about petty

that's the whole point of staying here
>>
SS is a powerful routine. The muscle you gain with SS isn't 10 rep fluff muscle that disappears forever. I did SS for a year, and gained 20kg of muscle, 15kg of that was on my back and legs. When I went through a gaming stage, I lost all the muscle from not eating and not doing anything.

As soon as I started eating again, I didn't even touch a weight, all my back and leg muscle gained on SS came back. That wouldn't happen with 10 rep hypertrophy muscle.
>>
File: 1428363767677.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1428363767677.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>200+ replies
>thread isn't derailed when OP posted a link directly to Reddit

What the actual fuck. This is actual evidence of newfags shitting up 4chan
>>
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but nobody wanna lift heavy ass weights"

Only pussies skip cores
>>
>>31858425
I did my best. Where were you 6 fucking hours ago, huh?
>>
>>31852151
The OP of that has no idea what hes talking about, but some of the comments make good points. One guy basically said once you can squat at least 2pl8 and bench 1pl8 to switch to a split program.
>>
the reddit article literally never mentions adding weight to the bar

>bench 85%, then slow bulk
>no mention of how much you should be lifting or what your goals should be

yeah that is helpful
>>
>>31858516

Not on this Ukrainian tank refurbishment board
>>
>>31858561

>mad
>>
>>31852362
top kek post your body mr. aesthetic pussy slayer internet expert
>>
File: reddit.png (18KB, 1048x91px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
18KB, 1048x91px
curious what this means
>lyle mcd's rec
what should i aim for 60 - 120 of?
>>
>>31858948

just do 60-120 at 85%

that is all the info you need, adding weight is not a big deal
>>
>>31858420
>natty
>gaining 1lb of lean muscle a week for a year

keep dreaming fatty
>>
>>31858998
60 - 120 what?
>>
>>31859004

reps per week
>>
>>31859022
thanks, it really confused me
>>
>>31859022
>>31859025
looking at my what i did this week, i did 100 reps in just one day, am i doing too much?
>>
>>31859052

he means per muscle group
>>
It's soooooooooooooooo heavily fucking biased

It's using a beginner routine that MOST POWERLIFTERS WHO ARE WORTH SHIT will tell you to avoid, or don't bother with.

It's not really shocking that's so highly upvoted since /r/fitness is for absolute fucking retards
>>
>>31859094
Reddit is for retards. Now go back there, you are clearly from there since you know what it's like.
>>
>>31852151
>http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/328i6c/psa_dont_waste_your_time_on_powerlifting_routines/

This guy is a retard. If he actually read SS he wouldn't disagree with it. He also recommends curls two days in a row UNIRONICALLY. Just do them on the last day of the week whatever you want to do and you will look lean.
>>
File: 1428022335979.png (252KB, 515x377px) Image search: [Google]
1428022335979.png
252KB, 515x377px
>>31858665
>implying

fag
>>
>>31856507
tru
>>
>>31853015
>They're beginners programs.
what kind of beginner needs a routine with lower body specialization? the truth is they're not even beginner powerlifting programs, the bench volume is too low for that, they're routines for football players
>>
>>31852250
It does though. Not enough to make a difference but it does. Fuck off.
>>
>>31853460
>The "good morning squat" is not a meme.
it is, you just have no idea about the proper lowbar form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37RHeg4o4A4
>>
>>31852498
THIS. FUCKING THIS. STOP BITCHING ABOUT T REX, IF YOU END UP T REX YOU DIDN'T EVEN DO THE WHOLE PROGRAM.
>>
If I'd like to go for a mixture of both strength and aesthetics, is continuing on PL (while adding in accessories) the way to go? I figure if I think my legs are starting to get too big for my liking I can just cut down on the amount of squats I do and start doing a bit more upper body, is that true?
>>
>>31853080
That's not a strawman. It's a fallacy, but it's not a strawman.
Learn2logic.
>>
>>31853104
So how much % muscle is decent for a cut? 35-40%?
>>
>>31852202
E A T M O R E

A

T

M

O

R

E
>>
>>31860430
What do you expect? Most of the denizens of /fit/ have no real discipline or patience, they want everything RIGHT NOW, but they're lazy cunts who don't want to do any REAL work, and even if they try, they get badgered and bullied by other lazy cunts and end up not doing everything they should be doing. Then they go take steroids, or DNP, or clen or other stupid shit, and tell everyone else that's what you have to do to get swole. And so the viscious cycle continues.
>>
>>31852151
I hate reddit but they seem to be more reasonable than /fit/
>>
>>31860422
>belt
>gloves
>chicken head movement

KEK
>>
So I read this earlier in the day and his arguments were more along the lines of curls for the girls, he's edited it somewhat and I find myself agreeing with him for the most part, r/fitness seems like a place for more general sincere advice than /fit/ and I've been coming here for a long time it's really just a more chaotic version of misc with less focus on lifting specifically
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.