[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post the most overpriced shit you have ever come across Jun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: 509000_mrp_in_l.jpg (53KB, 455x475px) Image search: [Google]
509000_mrp_in_l.jpg
53KB, 455x475px
Post the most overpriced shit you have ever come across

Junya Watanabe, Levis patchwork denim Jeans.

http://www.mrporter.com/en-uy/mens/junya_watanabe/levi-s-patchwork-denim-jeans/509000

>1,735 $
>>
>>9771163
>Post the most overpriced shit
No.
>>
Shit like this tempts me to also become a designer for people with more money than sense.

looks like shit tbh
>>
>>9771185
It's shit.
>>
>>9771163
>show off your ignorance!!
a designer piece like that would require such an insane amount of hand-detailing

no intelligent person believes that high fashion garments are intended to be priced competitively or have wide appeal

youre stupid
>>
File: lol buttons.jpg (26KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
lol buttons.jpg
26KB, 620x413px
$222

i honestly dont know if anything beats this, maybe the r raf simons brooch
>>
>>9771163
fuck off
>>
>>9771213

It's hardly a couture dress.
>>
>>9771213
Only some idiot like you would think that it's pretty.
It's shit. like your taste.
>>9771233
that's straight idiotic.
>>
>>9771296
Tru, but the pricing isn't for a couture dress either, is it?
>>
>>9771163
Go back to mfa pls
>>
File: Rick-Owens-1.jpg (96KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Rick-Owens-1.jpg
96KB, 630x420px
Basically anything from Hun.
>>
>>9771381
Not only overpriced, but straight SHIT
>>
>>9771341
> le go back meme
>>
The current state of /fa/ almost brings me to tears, it's no longer a place to discuss fashion, it's just an endless parade of faggots like OP, complaining about expensive clothing, or people replying to a pic of Rafdidas and asking for source. No one is forcing you to buy anything and if you don't stop being such a faggot I recommend that you leave and fuck off back to mfa
>>
>>9771322
honestly i wish everyone tripped so we could filter out people who were just starting out with fashion

Fashion doesn't necessarily have to be pretty, in fact,the majority of high art at the moment - including fashion - is centred around eclecticism and the power of ugly; average looking people work hard to find haircuts and pretty looking clothes to emphasize the little natural beauty they have. Truly beautiful and unique looking people can conversely make a statement through the juxtaposition of what is considered ugly on their beautiful bodies and faces: pretty people don't need pretty clothes to look pretty.
>>
http://us.burberry.com/the-large-alchester-in-alligator-leather-p39360661
>>
>>9771781

hardly overpriced, do you even know what a birkin is?
>>
>>9771806
>birkin
>not hermes

do you even try to wealthcore
>>
>>9771296
"not being a couture dress" does not mean it took any less work. it is obviously a carefully handmade piece

>>9771322
i never said that i liked it, much less called it "pretty"

god you people are so stupid why are you even here
>>
File: JunyaWatanabe3.jpg (207KB, 1000x375px) Image search: [Google]
JunyaWatanabe3.jpg
207KB, 1000x375px
Junya stuff is way too cool for /fa/, can't cop it 5th hand as easily as ur rick rags either
>>
>>9771832

Why try when i am ?
>>
>>9771213
>>9771833
fashion is appearance
it matters how good clothes look

why defend those shitty jeans if you also think they're ugly?

someone could make a hyper-realistic tapestry of a picture of a pile of shit, just because it would "require such an insane amount of hand-detailing" doesn't make it worth anything
>>
>>9771626
The board is a shithole and that's unlikely to change, not sure if anyone here cares enough to try to do anything about it.

I'll probably start a runway general or something later tonight so there's at least one thread here that isn't a cop or not

this thread is the worst though, op you're a cuckold and I don't know why you're on a fashion board
>>
>>9771865
But they are worth what is asked? one size is sold out and two others are about to be(at least on mrporter eu). Will probably be sold out before sales start

I think those jeans are beautiful, even more so irl

that said I wouldn't want to wear them, not my style

and different people like different things, I don't really get how that is such a hard thing to understand

you may not like them, but there are othe people who does
>>
>>9771381
made out of real animal skins/fur right?

if so, its not THAT overpriced really
>>
>>9771922
Looks like croc or alligator, also those materials are way harder to work with than other more common leathers which would certainly contribut to it's pricing, along with everything else ofc
>>
>>9771838
Are you fucking kidding? It's so easy to get Junta on Rak and Yjp. Much easier than it is to get Rick. Stop being such a pretentious douchebag.
>>
>>9771951
>>9771922
O understand the prices of fur and exotic leathers and the work it takes to make them into clothing but it still seems a little ridiculous. I guess if you want a fur lined sleeveless goody though that bad you'd probably be willing to drop over 100k on it regardless.
>>
>>9771774
agree
>>
>>9771296
and the price isn't for a couture dress either.
>>
I have a Burberry scarf that cost me about 500€.
>>
Geobaskets
>>
>decide to start selling clothes
>choose fake Japanese name
>shirokuno natamaki
>slap $1200 price tag on
>claim premium denim from hand picked cotton from albino guatamelans
>profit
>>
>>9771774

Go suck a dick, faggot.
>>
>>9771626
you gotta leave man shes gone and aint coming back. 'fashion' is very mainstream now this board is full of simpletons trying to dress well for pussy, hardly anyone here with a unique style or an eye for whats actually good, not just popular
>>
Hi! My name is Andrew and I like in the United States. I'm a 22 year old NEET (I prefer real life education) living with my parents in a small town in California. Recently I've been visiting a fashion board known as /fa/ on the infamous 4chan! Don't worry though, it's not full of degenerates and pedophiles! This like-minded community LOVES fashion, I mean look at all the Rick Owens and SLP threads! I'm only posting this to tell you, with my broad knowledge of the fashion industry since I've started browsing and posting on this board, that the best designer in the world is Raf Simons! Look at what he makes for the world -- genuinely pretty clothes! I know what you're thinking... "But fashion doesn't need to be pretty, and making pretty clothes doesn't necessarily make a good designer..." Well you're wrong! Look at all the successful brands:

>Prada - Miuccia's brand is only so successful because she produces 'PRETTY CHIC' clothing
>Comme Des Garcons - Rei obviously is trying to represent real like doll clothes! You know what dolls are? PRETTY!

I mean if we stick to what we always like, and what is thought to be 'Pretty' we will always have progress, right?

Experimenting with new things =/= Progress!!!!!
>>
>>9771185

Unfortunately the real money in the industry is made from selling slave labor made clothing at low prices at malls.
>>
>>9772905
Did you think this was going to be funny?

$100 says you were planning on samefagging your post later with "underrated post" after nobody replies to your shitty attempt at humour
>>
I actually really like the kimono shirts visvim makes, shame I cant never find one
>>
>>9772915
your samefagging paranoia is fucking ridiculous
>>
File: 1430261595999.jpg (252KB, 717x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1430261595999.jpg
252KB, 717x1024px
>fashion
>>
>>9772933
this nigga look like he going to finger my asshole
>>
Nobody would give a shit about these jeans if it wasn't some meme designer and they cost a grand.
>>
those jeans look sick
>>
>>9771626

aaawwww babbys gon cwy?? :(
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>9772973
Tfw crying so hard rn

Someone pls hold me
>>
>>9771163
it's not overpriced just cause you can't afford it....
>>
>>9771163
Loads of native Japanese companies do better for less than that if you can get them to ship.
>>
Does anybody have a picture of the asian guy wearing the tan and brown patch pants with the out of place dress shoes, and he was smoking a cig?
>>
>>9772836
>triggered
Kek
>>
>>9772905
underrated post
>>
File: Boro.jpg (361KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Boro.jpg
361KB, 1066x1600px
ITT: /fa/ confirmed too basic for japanese boro.

Protip: it's not just patchwork for patchwork's sake, it's several generations of blankets and kimonos stitched together to save every scrap of fabric for as long as possible.
>>
>>9773744
lmao underrated post

truly subtle
>>
File: 1390885985952.jpg (135KB, 598x900px) Image search: [Google]
1390885985952.jpg
135KB, 598x900px
>>9773028
>>
>>9771865
Because it doesnt fit my style doesn't mean i can't appreciate what they are
>>
>>9771774
>really believing this
I have never read something so earnestly stupid in my life. Thanks for the laugh.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.