[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm forced to dress like shit because I'm poor. Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1427962580292.jpg (26KB, 480x722px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1427962580292.jpg
26KB, 480x722px
I'm forced to dress like shit because I'm poor. Do you even know the pain, when you're actually stylish af, but can't show it?! Pure sadness it is.
>>
just wear basics. this blog has a lot of well executed 2-poor-4-u basic fits, check the archive.
http://death-by-elocution.tumblr.com/
>>
>>9648164
i'm not poor so i wouldnt know
>>
>>9648168
That's pretty much how I live, but fuck, this shit gets me angry sometimes
>>
>black jeans
>stan smiths
>white hanes tee
>long coat from thrift store

congrats you are now fashionable and on-trend.

there is actually no other point in history when it has been easier to be fashionable for less, try going back 400 years ago where you had sumptuary laws that literally made it ILLEGAL for you to wear certain colours and fabrics in order to aptly identify you as a poorfag.
>>
>>9648164
>not thrifting or getting shit online

nah you look like shit bc ur lazy :~)
>>
>>9648164
get a job
>>
not hard to dress fashionably, live out of thrift shops and just cop basics plus the occasional splurge on shoes
>>
>>9648185
>stan smiths
>$70 trainers
yes so cheap
>>
If you ACTUALLY had any style, you could wear poor people clothes and still be stylish. You've mistaken slavish devotion to designer tags to be style. Fuck you, OP. You're cancer.
>>
>>9648345
if you can't afford to spend 70 dollars on trainers you probably shouldn't be here. I work a minimum wage job and I'm in college and 70 dollars for shoes here is cheap asf. Stans cost 130 here
>>
>>9648350
have to also be good looking for that to work well though

>>9648352
Poor people buy trainers that cost $20 mate
>>
>>9648356
poor people often look like shit m8
>>
>>9648369
yeah and if hes on fa presumably he wants to not look like shit
hence the thread
>>
>>9648164

learn to diy shit, and dont be a trend hopping faggot.

if you are actually stylish you should be able to make what you want.
>>
>>9648374
OP is just bitching this thread is a fucking waste of time, what OP wants is someone to show him a cheap solution that fixes his problems in a second because he's an autist that can't fucking think for himself. In reality if he wanted to look good for cheap he wouldn't be asking this board which largely consists of teenagers with disposable income. He should probably think for himself and learn to sew, find solid thrift shops in his area or just save his fucking money. If you have a fucking fashionable style money will not hold you back, you'll find a way to dress well for cheap, truth is OP probably thinks he needs all rick everything to look good.

>inb4 nice blog
>>
This won't matter but I had my photo taken last week by a girl who is starting a fashion blog for my city. She said she'd only taken two other guy's photos this week so we spoke for a while about what I was wearing.

>A grey track jacket from River Island (£11 in a sale)
>A white t-shirt from KODXINV (69 Polish zloty, bought with money I got for my birthday)
>Black Uniqlo skinny jeans (£25 in a sale)
>Dr. Martens (£100 but I have had them for 6 years now)

I know most people will post and say I look like shit or something but basically what I'm trying to say is someone really liked an outfit that was really cheap.
>>
in my opnion,theo is an inspiration to most of /fa/ because he is a good example of a well executed aesthetic while showing you don't need to break the bank to dress well
>>
>>9648421
Do you happen to have any outfits with 'w2c' information of his saved?
Like, ones that show the total cost of the outfits as well as the individual costs of the items.
Im not explaining this very well.
>>
>>9648350
Maybe his style doesn't ACTUALLY consist of shitty Hunter S. Thompson hawaiian shirts and Adidas vests.
>>
>>9648446
oh like what you would see in a fashion magazine??

nah i don't think anyone really has those but you can check out his tumblr at
http://mallnutrition.tumblr.com/
he's very helpful

however, when it comes to having a very limited income and fashion you have to be incredibly pragmatic and very smart about what you buy
don't buy shit simply because it's on sale or it's cheap or w.e. think about how you would wear a piece before you buy it and if it's going to fit into the aesthetic you're trying to achieve, this isn;t to discourage experimentation but, less money = less experimentation. also find avenues where you can get high quality clothes for very low prices, grailed used to be very good for this but, now it's just people trying to screw each other. if you really care about fashion as a hobby you won;t feel bad about dropping 100 on a shirt if you 1. actually want the shirt 2. is of high quality. there is no point in spending money on cheap shit that you don;t really want.
go out get a job, get two work your ass off so you can pay for the things you love to do
>>
File: theothegod.jpg (902KB, 1600x2400px) Image search: [Google]
theothegod.jpg
902KB, 1600x2400px
>>9648446

he is wearing levis and old navy hoodie.

he does almost always wear expensive shoes but he does occasionally wear vans.

he has a really good camera and takes really good pictures. its not even about the cost he just seems so chill and un tryhard
>>
>>9648164
get a job
>>
>>9648164
Please tell me that's a girl on the left
>>
File: 1395356209378.gif (1MB, 230x290px) Image search: [Google]
1395356209378.gif
1MB, 230x290px
>mfw I can only afford uniqlos
I can only laugh at my suffering.

Ehh. Good thing I live in east asia. If I can't be /fa/, I'll just go with whatever basic tee and sweatpants around knowing I can get away with it because the country I'm in isn't such a /fa/ place to begin with. Cargo shorts are even just fine here.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.