[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you protect your phone? Is it /fa/ to use a screen protector,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: b541dcc100ef39ff_113895772.jpg (53KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
b541dcc100ef39ff_113895772.jpg
53KB, 550x400px
How do you protect your phone? Is it /fa/ to use a screen protector, or does it gives the vibe that you care too much? Do you wear a case?
>>
>>9596979
>tfw my phone kills my denims with its sharp edges

RIP in peace
>>
you don't need any of that if you take care of your shit.
>>
Iphone 6 sans case nor screen protector. Other than the fingerprints on the scree (which I clean with a cloth) it's basically a brand new phone. I'm just not very clumsy nor am I really in situations that could break my phone. I haven't dropped it once. But cases are pretty common, fam.
>>
>>9596979
it gives a vibe that you're fucking poor, no i don't have a screen protector and case cause i'm not an autistic 12 year old if you didn't buy your new phone with cash then you're a moron and put some screen protectors on it so people know you're autistic.
>>
g3 is slippery as fuck so i got a slim case
if you have an ottorbox or something you're a fucking idiot
if i had an iphone i wouldnt need one cause those shits are tiny as fuck
>>
>>9597002
Ur so rich an cool ;^)
>>
I've had my iPhone 4S for about 4 years now, never had a case and there's only one scratch on it from when I dropped it straight onto a rock at work, I've dropped it countless times though and I'm amazed over how it has not cracked yet.
>>
>>9596979
I don't :^)
>>
>>9597025
No i'm not but don't buy shit you can't afford
>>
File: 0edcuz-l.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0edcuz-l.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>9597002
>buying phone with cash

you see, in first world countries we have things called "CREDIT" and are able to make large purchases with a small plastic card! amazing right? if you're a con-artist or prostitute tho then keep making those large cash purchases all power to ya
>>
>>9597570
Love the plain mirror cases for iPhones, makes them look so much better. I have one in gold but it's pretty beat up
>>
Nope, had my iPhone 6 since it was released and there aren't any scratches on the screen. There's a few marks on the corners but you can't notice them unless you look hard. People who use case are autistic
>>
what is going on here

if someone has a case, okay cool. if someone doesn't have a case, okay cool. do people really care about that. like you'll pass a judgement if someone doesn't have a case or not????? fucking weirdos
>>
>>9596991
>implying it's not /fa/ to have a denim with a phone lines
>>
>>9597570
Are you retarded?
>>
>>9596979
you already care too much by asking this
>>
>>9597587
You'd have to be king of the autists to call someone autistic for having a phone case. Godamn
>>
You are all out of fucking control. Yes, get a case for your phone. No, don't try to match it to your fits. Just get a neutral, solid color like black or white.

To all of you saying a phone case is trying too hard: you're retarded. Phones are expensive. Do you drive your car without insurance? No. So why not make the one time expenditure to protect something else that you don't want to have broken?

Fucking autists...
>>
>>9599658
What a stupid analogy, it's not the same. A phone shouldn't be a huge expense for you, if you bought a phone you can't afford youre a retard that's it.
>>
>>9596979
Being that self conscious is not effay I can tell you that much. Do what ever the fuck you want mate and stop over thinking.
>>
>>9599663
It's an excellent analogy. Your car costs $30,000. You spend $90 per month to make sure that if it gets damaged you don't have to buy a brand new one. Your phone costs $500 (if you don't get some kind of deal on it). You spend $45 once to make sure it doesn't get scratched or break if you accidentally drop it.

It isn't about a phone being a huge expense. I can buy a brand new phone if mine breaks without even worrying about it. It's about being smart and taking the precaution to keep your shit from breaking in the event of an accident instead of being so obsessed with your image that having a case fucks up your entire universe.
>>
>>9599671
a $500 phone isn't a big deal you can make that money back in a few days at work.

so there is no need to get obsessive over otterbox cases and all sorts of wacky insurance coverage shit from sprint/AT&t they tack on (they're financing you the coverage plan)
>>
>>9599681

>You have a phone. You have no case. Shit happens and you drop it. The phone breaks. Fuck, gotta spend $500 and get a new one.

>I have a phone. I have a case. Shit happens and a drop it. The phone doesn't break. Man, sure glad I spent $45 to protect my phone.

How is option A better than option B?
>>
>>9599681
Why would you want to put 500 dollars on the same thing, in this case a phone over and over again? Its an unnecessary expense to buy a new phone just because you did not care enough aboout it to protect it.

Its not about not having money to buy a new fucking phone jesus christ. Its about being responsible. Everyone can probably buy a new phone every week if they want too, but I am pretty sure they would rather do something else for that money that they would save by taking care of their phone fr the next 2-3 years.
>>
>>9599686
>>9599692
Sry but I'm not autistic like you. Sieg is right.
>>
screen film is acceptable, but cases are indiancore
>>
File: crazypills.jpg (63KB, 300x230px) Image search: [Google]
crazypills.jpg
63KB, 300x230px
>>9599695
>>9599698
Logic has no power here...
>>
>>9599718

well memed my friend
>>
>>9599718
if you have a case on your phone

you're probably jewish enough to print fake coupons
>>
>>9597603
Pretty much.
>>
>>9597570
>credit
people with money dont need credits you idiot. Like my grandma always says: Only buy things you have the money for.
Being in debt is like the most retarded thing ever.

>>9599658
most if not all cases look like shit. I never dropped my phones so hard it got any serious damage. I'd rather change the housing or screen than using an ugly case. You dont directy need a new phone jsut because some broken parts. To use your analogy: you wouldnt by a new car jsut because you have a flat tire
>>
>>9599772
>Only buy things you have the money for.
Oh if only life were so easy. Sorry man, but you have to build credit some day. No, shut up. Don't argue. It's true and there is nothing you can do about it. Want a new car? Unless you save up enough to buy it outright or want to have an insane interest rate then you need credit. Want to own your own house? You need some damn good credit, because nobody is saving up $200,000 that they can just drop all at once. I don't care how good your job is. And if you have enough money to buy a house outright then you certainly aren't the kind of person browsing 4chan at 4am.

Take this advice: get a credit card. Put charges on it that you would generally buy right there, like gas and groceries. At the end of the month pay the whole thing off at once. Do this until you can get a card with a larger credit limit and lower APR. Rinse and repeat until you have good credit. Buy a new car, pay it off, and save up for a down payment on a house.

Welcome to adulthood.
>>
File: withandwithout.jpg (258KB, 1920x1493px) Image search: [Google]
withandwithout.jpg
258KB, 1920x1493px
I would really love to go bareback, that nice real metal frame, that glorious glass weave back!

But unfortunately every fucking modern phone is way too thin to comfortably and safely grab, and all those premium materials with zero tolerances and no give whatsoever mean that one single drop will likely destroy it, so its in an ugly semi transparent rubber thingy.

That's why I love my trusty old N9. Pictured here once with, and once without its rubber sleeve that came in the box with it.
>>
>>9596991
i hate that shit
always gotta wear a jacket to carry my shit when wearing black denim :(
>>
>>9599793
thats a cute wee phone
>>
File: nokia_lumia_800_white_live_sg_15.jpg (457KB, 1400x936px) Image search: [Google]
nokia_lumia_800_white_live_sg_15.jpg
457KB, 1400x936px
>>9599793
God bless Nokia.

I can't wait for them to come back in 2016 and start making android phones.
>>
>>9599790
>Welcome to adulthood with a shit job
btw, its 12pm here in europe
>>
>>9599838
Yes, please tell me about how you can function in the modern world without credit. No really, I want to know. Wow me with your fairytale lifestyle that allows you to buy perfect mini-mansions at the drop of a hat, yet somehow can't afford you a stylist so you have to come post your shit fits on an internet forum.
>>
>>9599864
>here in europe
Europe is different from the USA.
We dont need to buy 100€ of shit on our credit card every month and pay it on time, to be able to get a 100000€ loan when we need it, because as everyone can easily see, being able to handle small debts has nothing to do with being able to handle a big, long term debt.

>Oh, yes, I can ride a Canoe, I'll surely get that big oil tanker safely from Oman to Houston
>>
>>9599873
Fair enough. I don't know how things work in the Europe, but if I'm going to lend somebody a thousand dollars and expect them to pay it back, I'm sure as hell going to make sure that I can lend them ten dollars and get it back first.
>>
>>9599864
>buy perfect mini-mansions at the drop of a hat
you are all everything-or-nothing. how about renting a nice apartment till you have enaugh money?
>i cant afford a Omega yet? ok i'll take a nice Seiko
>>
>>9599816
>I can't wait for them to come back in 2016 and start making android phones.
They are not going to be high end phones, you know.
It's going to be a pretty cheap model, because that way they hope people will buy it, realize it's shit (but still love Nokia) and then turn to WP.
It's shill as fuck.

If you wasn't notified; Microsoft owns Nokia's phone department, and thus you shouldn't buy Google phones from a Microsoft company.
>>
>>9599882
You can't get a "nice" Seiko at a cheap price.
You can get a mediocre Seiko with the movement made in Malaysia.
>>
>>9599882
I'm not all or nothing. I'm on a plan to get towards my own house. I live in a nice, affordable apartment that fits my needs and I put away a reasonable amount each month as well as put all of my taxes each year into a mutual fund. With all of my other expenses I can expect to save around $5000 a year towards my house. However I'm not going to live in an apartment and wait 50 years to buy a house outright.
>>
My iphone 6 kept slipping out of my pocket when driving so I bought a non-slip bumper case. Now it doesn't drop in between the seats anymore. Never got a scratch on the glass so I don't need a screen protector, but I did need a case.
>>
File: 1389290571722.jpg (25KB, 597x494px) Image search: [Google]
1389290571722.jpg
25KB, 597x494px
>>9596979
screen protectors and cases are for faggots, just take care of your stuff, I can't even remember the last time I dropped my phone
>>
>>9596979

no protection

bareback it
>>
>>9599722
you're fat
>>
>>9599513
it's not
>>
>>9599885
>Microsoft owns Nokia's phone department

Microsoft bought their phone division but not their entire mobile division. Nokia has recently made a pretty good android tablet and they're probably going to come back next year making phones again when their agreement with Microsoft not to finally runs out.

When they come back with android they are going to be Nokia products, not those retarded Nokia X phones Microsoft made them produce.
>>
no case or anything on my iphone, cases are for fuck boys
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.