[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /fa/'s opinion on how often you should clea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: KZx9ldL.jpg (191KB, 969x1024px) Image search: [Google]
KZx9ldL.jpg
191KB, 969x1024px
What's /fa/'s opinion on how often you should clean/empty your Sebaceous Filaments? (I'm specifically not talking about blackheads, just the darkish pore entries with the white stuff in them)

In part I ask because there are more clinical methods to empty them with sheets
(and the result looks like http://i.imgur.com/WiTTNV5.jpg )
but I read you shouldn't really do that or do that often, because while you clean them, you also end up enlarging them.

So how do you work with them?
>>
>>9245338
oi i hate those little motherfuckers
>>
fucking wot
>>
>>9245338
I don't care about them, because I'm not an insecure faggot
>>
take a hot shower and wash your nose with some mild soap daily

should clean out the pores
>>
I have this on my nose and my chin. Fuck these things I want to get rid of it.
>>
File: u2A2Exl.jpg (471KB, 1119x1211px) Image search: [Google]
u2A2Exl.jpg
471KB, 1119x1211px
>>9245363
They are part of the nose skin structure and everybody has them, except when you look at grils with makeup in which case the skin looks unnaturally smoother.

>>9245356
I guess they are sufficiently clean, just want to know to what extend repeated squeezing is actually harmful in the sense that it just enlarges the pores.
Well, I'm gonna go easy on them and see what just liquid washing leads me to.
>>
>>9245338
How did you clean them with sheets like that?
>>
>>9245453
I didn't do it, but it's a product. but again, it might be that you should just leave them unless you got an actual problem - the idea being that once they are open, it just gets worse
>>
>>9245455
I don't have a problem with filaments on my nose but I was wondering if this would work for acne on my chin
>>
Tbh blackheads or clogged pores are really nasty.
To take care of my pores I use a clay mask before a shower (use a face cleanser and sometimes a beaded scrub to buff), let steam relax pore and then manually extract them w/ my fingers. Pore strips hardly ever work well for me. I then finish off with an exfoliating toner.
>>
what has really worked for me to get rid of those buggers was a konjac sponge. They were completely gone from my face after my first time using it.

You can get them at The Face Shop/online/Asian beauty stores and they're basically used as a gentle exfoliant. You'll need to soak it in water for a good 5 minutes, and i tend to use a mild cleanser in conjunction with it. I usually spend a good minute or two going at my face.

However, you will need to replace them every 3 months or so and take care to dry it out after each use so it doesn't harbor mould. I hope you this helps you out anon!
>>
>>9245514
so what am i supposed to buy?
>>
I've been on accutane for 3 months now

1 month into my treatment and they all literally vanished. Nose looks spotless because there's no sebum to oxidize and turn black

stop the sebum to stop the blackheads
>>
>>9245594
OP's pic aren't blackheads
>>
Castor oil. Apply to face and then scrub with warm to hot water. Works wonders.
>>
>>9245384
It doesn't enlarge the pores. Just stand there in the steam of really hot water for a few minutes to let the pores open and use a beaded mild face scrub. Then turn the cold up so you have warm water to wash in as usual. And rinse thoroughly with very cold water and they'll close up.
>>
>>9245856
>implying pores open and close like a sphincter
>>
>>9245338
non-gel toothpaste nigger

slather that on for ten minutes, for twenty minutes, all night it doesn't matter

do this and that shit will be gone for at least four or five days and then repeat as needed
>>
uhhh maybe you guys should just go to a dermatologist instead of doing this weird toothpaste oil voodoo stuff
>>
File: Comedone_Extractor.jpg (79KB, 1900x1348px) Image search: [Google]
Comedone_Extractor.jpg
79KB, 1900x1348px
>>9245871
I use a comedone extractor, am I going to ruin my face? I've tried everything and it's literally the only thing that even came close to working
>>
Face cleanser.
>>
>>9245871
>implying I don't at least twice a day rinse or degrease my face after brushing teeth

Are you middle-class, bro?
>>
>>9245910
>at least
don't wash your face too often, your skin needs a chance to settle and reach a steady state
>>
>>9245919
Goes without saying.
'Swhy I said rinse or use degreasing sheets.
>>
>>9245926
rinsing is just as bad, your skin gets so greasy because you keep removing all of the grease
>>
>>9245943
Well I don't want my face to have the grease level of a teenage asian cellar dweller. Which it never has.
>>
Steam treatments have worked wonders for me. Done more than any products ever have. Boil some water, pour in bucket of your choice, place your head above it and put a towel over. You've got your own little face-sauna. Put on some music and let the steam work its magic for 10-15 minutes. I do it about 2 times a week, but you might have to do it less if you have dry skin.

I think it goes without saying you should be careful with the heat not to burn yourself. I usually start right after boiling the water, but keep my face pretty high up, then successively lower my head as the water cools. Afterwards do your usual washing routine.
>>
File: 6vIkbJC.gif (4MB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
6vIkbJC.gif
4MB, 900x675px
>>9245338
BHA motherfucker
>>
>>9245338
Wheew do I get one of these clinical sheet things?
>>
>>9245384
holy shit terrible advice. bead cleansers scratch the fuck out of your skin. get a gentle cleanser like Cerave foaming cleanser then leave on a BHA (like salicylic acid) to wash out the pores. this will reduce visibility on them.

>>9245902
i had one of these but had to get rid of it. causes scars on me.
>>
>>9246378
woops meant to link to >>9245856
>>
>>9245888
what the fuck nigger. scratch ur shit with toothpaste awesome.
>>
>>9245856

>beaded

No, that's how you get microtears and fuck up your skin more.
>>
I believe in taking care of myself, and a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
>>
>>9246403
Thanks Pat
>>
Oh shit, I have these fuckers too on my nose, apples of my cheeks and chin.
I don't have the money atm to go to a professional to get rid of these, and even when I use a moisturizing routine for my dry skin twice a day, exfoliate every now and then, these fuckers won't budge.
I don't want to pick them, so where can I get those strips?
And I'm a grill for god's sake and I have no idea how some other member of my sex don't have them.
Bad genes??
>>
File: Konjac_Sponge_Facial_Puff_Pure.jpg (490KB, 1746x1419px) Image search: [Google]
Konjac_Sponge_Facial_Puff_Pure.jpg
490KB, 1746x1419px
>>9245584
A konjac sponge. It's literally a sponge made out of konjac vegetable fibre. Apparently they're available in target and Kohl's.
>>
>>9248248
what do i put on it
>>
I felt like this didn't need it's own thread so I'll ask here.

What's so bad about accutane and why shouldn't I use it? It looks like it works for everyone.
>>
>>9248298
Cum
>>
Listen you faggots,you need to rub baby oil on those little shits.Just put soem oil on your nose and rub it in 2 minutes.This isn't some bullshit from those "you wouldn't believe this actually works" ads,shit's really good and i've been doing it for the past 3 months.You can rub it all over your face as a moisturizer if you want too,but it stays a little oily after some time
>>
>>9248322
I didn't ask for your favorite facial cleanser
>>
>>9245356
not this
>>9245856
steam opening pores is just a myth and its not true. cold washing closing pores is also a myth
>>9245902
only for some blackheads, not sebaceous fils
>>9245919
its fine to wash twice a day. if you get greasy from washing twice then you need to change your regimen.
>>9245943
rinsing is not bad as long as your regimen isn't shit. yes you do strip away some oils, but it's regulated.

>>9246054
literally this

>>9248315
google the side effects. its p scary but it does work. i think there are safer alts like pocket derm
>>
>>9245338
i squeeze em' out
>>
>>9248368
For the love of God, don't do this shit. Baby oil is scented mineral oil, not only does it NOT MOISTURIZE, it will also clog your pores.
Petroleum bullshit is not good for the skin.
>>
So maybe once a month I'll wrap the tips of my index fingers in thick toilet paper and squeeze out my pores on my upper cheeks, nose, and the space in between my eye brows. I don't have any pimples during this, and I don't squeeze hard enough to release blood or lymph (or whatever the clear liquid is called when you squeeze too hard). After this I use astringent to shrink my pores. Is this ok?
>>
my nose is filled with blackheads. I use a scrub in the shower, skin pads and moisturize twice a day and squeeze them out every now and then but its still shit. It's annoying but its really not all that visible so i guess im fine with it.
>>
>>9248608
i think theyre sebaceous filaments bruv
>>
>>9248581
Dude baby oil is pretty safe since it's used on babies.I didn't tell people to get mineral oil since baby oil can be found anywhere.It never broke me out or anything,just get rids of my blackheads
>>
>>9248712
yeah ur right, dont think theres a real way to get rid of em. oh well.
>>
>>9248767

baby-oriented products are not inherently safer for adults. that's bullshit. in layman's (you) terms, it's oftentimes a matter of babies needing a different type of shit rather than gentler/weaker shit. also, the last part of your post is more bullshit, but this time of an anecdotal flavor -- just pure nonsense, really. just because it somehow didn't have a visibly negative effect on you (assuming your reliability [probably a mistake]) doesn't mean it won't for someone else. i also don't believe it helped you at all; that's a lie or more specifically just some shit you're misinterpreting. any number of factors could have been at work

merry christmas
>>
>>9248782
makeup helps
>>
>>9248810
Dude wtf I'm just trying to help,did you atleast try it before calling me a liar?I was sceptic and thought it would cover my face in zits,but it only got rid of the blackheads.
>>
DONT TOUCH THEM

Your going to make it worse, I recommend drinking water (lots) and taking omega 3s,helped with me, there much smaller now and my nose is never oily.
>>
>>9248839
I've squeezed a few out and they've been fine, but seriously, I already eat omega3 tablets and drink water to keep my skin otherwise clear, but these fuckers make my skin look flaky if I have makeup on, or like I have freckles.
HOW DO I GET RID OF THEM.
>>
I run the water really hot in the shower and let the steam build and let the pores open a bit. Then I take my thumbnails and scrape all the gunk that's softened and kind of popped out off. Sometimes I squeeze parts and scrape just to make sure nothing else remains
>>
>>9249595
FUCK that's such a nasty vivid image
>>
>>9249595
kek. i do this and the bha salylic acid thing after i get out of the shower for that ultra smooth feel
>>
I stopped washing my face with anything and haven't showered for a week this break. They all melted and went away. I suspect they will be back when I start showering again but its kinda a cool experiment.

My face is no longer oily as fuck asian anymore, its matte and my face has become a really pale white. I suspect from the buildup of dead skin.

Imma resume using retin-A and see what happens. Probably gonna be a lot of peeling. And only take freezing cold showers unless I feel like shit and need a pick me up. Because my bacne also went away, so I assume the hot water was opening the pores and causing the sebum to dry out.
>>
god damn this board is full of fucking faggots
>>
>>9248423
underrated
>>
>>9250707
>My face is no longer oily as fuck asian anymore, its matte and my face has become a really pale white. I suspect from the buildup of dead skin.

Yup. I've done this before (though not for that long). What ends up happening is you get huge ingrown clogged pores which burst inside. I'm talking pea-sized lumps of that painful white shit you can feel under your skin. I've ended up with a few at the creases of my nose and the ones on my neck were there for a good 3 weeks before just leaving behind scars.

Shit hurts.
>>
BTW where is the skincare general?
>>
>>9245902
i have that thing
i also use to get tonsil stones out of my chronically infected tonsil (fml)
>>
>>9250840

probably FAGGOT MOD removed it.
>>
>>9245384
if you have shitty skin, foundation will accentuate it even more
>>
>>9251150
Haven't seen it here in days
>>
>>9245338
Rub bleach all over your nose, it will definitely kill all of the bacteria. If you dont have bleach drain cleaner is a great alternative
>>
>>9252317
kay, but lemme make these cool /b/ crystals first..
>>
>>9248423
R E K T
E
K
T
>>
Non-scented soap, warm/cold water and some type of exfoliating cream or device will do wonders for your skin.

My routine now which I've been doing for about 3 years is done in less than 5 minutes while showering. Warm water and soap all over body and face (wash soap on face off after like 10 seconds), pass face brush (those battery powered $25 dollar devices) across forehead, nose, cheeks and chin then switch to cold water for about a minute and dry off once I'm done. Don't use the face brush more than 3 times a week since it can irritate your skin but it greats in taking off all the dead skin and gives your skin a very smooth look. I have long hair I wash about twice a week but the whole oily hair affecting skin thing hasn't really ever affected me either so that's whatever.
>>
>>9246054
What does BHA stand for? I'm Googling it and it tells me it's a food preservative and a potential carcinogen so I'm hoping I'm looking at the wrong stuff here.
>>
>>9252906
BHAs (beta hydroxy acids), also known as salicylic acid, help clear your skin by increasing skin turnover and exfoliating your pores from the inside out. They are great for getting rid of clogged pores and blackheads, but only if formulated at the right pH, a pH of around 3. BHAs seem to be less irritating than benzoyl peroxide, another popular acne fighting active ingredient, but take a bit longer to work.
>>
>>9252906
OP here,

I googled it too, together with some obvious keywords, and found it. Improve your google-fu!
>>
>>9248090
they wear makeup
>>
>>9248712
just a less severe blackhead

they're the same thing
>>
>>9253041
>>9253041
What BHA products would you recommend? I see this Peter Thomas Roth one mentioned a lot.

Kinda related, what kinds of sunscreens do you guys use? Looking for one myself.
>>
I use Tazorac for my acne. It's the bomb.
>>
File: M2bZq.gif (4MB, 426x213px) Image search: [Google]
M2bZq.gif
4MB, 426x213px
I have a tetracycline prescription and have been on it for 2 weeks~

Do you think it works/is effective?
>>
>>9254405
I don't know, you're the expert ITT. You've been on it for two weeks. Has it worked yet?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.