[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>entry level >$1,200 dollar bike cycling confirmed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: BH_Zaphire_Tiagra-entry-road_0.jpg (173KB, 615x442px) Image search: [Google]
BH_Zaphire_Tiagra-entry-road_0.jpg
173KB, 615x442px
>entry level
>$1,200 dollar bike

cycling confirmed for most /fa/ sport
>>
not really most people just treat bikes like a car don't touch them don't scratch them

take them in for maintence and never ride too hard so that trek 1.2 maintains its resale

so they never get a real work out

and they never thrash on them
>>
File: 1145765246232e500eo.jpg (664KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1145765246232e500eo.jpg
664KB, 1200x799px
>being this entry level

buy an old bike they're better

only posting a track bike because it's pretty, don't ride fixed unless you're on a velodrome pls thanks
>>
>>8769822
i've been riding fixed on the street for a decade fuck off
>>
>>8769828

amendment to riding fixed

be good at it
>>
>>8769822
also that's not even a track bike lmao it's a converted road frame (look at the derailleur hanger on the dropouts)

don't talk like you know jack shit about cycling
>>
>>8769837

>only posting a track bike because it's pretty

it's built as a track bike

what else does this mean to you
>>
>live in Halifax
>fixies everywhere
>entire city is a fucking HILL

I will steal your fucking chain if I catch that shit. I've collected 5 already.
>>
>>8769843
you asserted that one should only ride fixed in a velodrome but that is very very clearly 1. fixed and 2. not a velodrome bike (brake holes, etc.)
>>
>>8769813
the reason its so expensive is because its brand new
plus that fact that this bike doesnt push past 1.5 kg is means you have light weight metal probs titanium which isnt cheap
it may say entry level but this bike is anything but
>>
>>8769846
what is wrong with you people i ride fixed just fine in san francisco (also a giant hill)

yes i agree that like 80% of trendy "fixie" riders are total idiots and even a minor safety hazard but don't generalize
>>
>>8769837
fixie conversions were the hipster thing to do in 2007/8

what you wanted are the old 80's tange (japanese steel) double/triple butted race frames and a cheap wheelset as "steeze"

>>8769822
>buy an old bike they're better

this really isn't the case
there were alot of pot metal bikes back in the day with iffy components.

and if you fall in love with a vintage steel frame it's generally more expensive to build into a proper bike unless you have the knowledge necessary to build the bike

not that it is hard or anything but people don't like to build bikes for some reason
>>
>>8769848

how to brake holes make it a bike that isn't only ridden on a track

protip they dont

anyways i could care less about fixed gears tbh they're fun but i work in a bike shop and hipsters come in and try to buy a 'fixie' and then fucking complain when it doesn't have a freewheel
>>
>>8769849
1: that's not a litespeed so it's prob not titanium

2:at$1200 you're not getting a carbon fiber frame shimano ultegra equipped bike

>it may say entry level but this bike is anything but

3: aluminum frame, shimana tiagra group set
alexrims/lower end brand wheelset

it's pretty entry level

yeah its better than your 1987 schwinn varsity off craigslist but so is literally everything else
>>
>>8769849
it's entry level

>titanium
1. mass market manufacturers like bh rarely use ti 2. looking at the shape of the tubes it's very clearly aluminum (aka the cheapest material aside from low grade steel)

>1.5kg
nope

>it may say entry level but this bike is anything but
the components are either tiagra or 105 (i can't tell from the picture) tiagra is rideable but the very definition of "entry-level", 105 is good reliable stuff (ie what 99% of people should be riding) but not anything fancy
>>
>>8769846

My point is that they make no sense when you're changing incline every block. It's like riding a motorcycle on snow. I aint even mad at the trendy thing, it's the lying to one-self that gets to me.
>>
>>8769857
since it's a converted road frame (probably 72.5-73 deg head angle, 73 deg seat angle max) it's not going to have the angles you want for the track (74+ deg head angle, 75ish deg seat angle)

it's also from the 80s (horiz dropouts on a road frame)

people at velodromes tend to be autists who drop 3k min on their bikes this isn't a velodrome bike
>>
>>8769868
oops meant this for
>>8769852
>>
I don't about you guys but my Allez is effay af
>>
>>8769874

i am aware of all of this

just trying to put and end to people buying fixed gear bikes for looks only

which is ironic because i posted a bike for it's looks

cyclists in general are >autists who drop 3k min on their bikes
>>
>>8769868
i don't think it's lying to yourself if you actually enjoy it

and really it's not that bad i race on the road too but i don't want to be riding my nice bike to and from work every day. my fixed gear is perfectly suitable as a beater and the fact that there's less that can go wrong with it is a nice little bonus too
>>
File: bike.jpg (258KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bike.jpg
258KB, 1600x1200px
I just got my first bike in 10 years/since becoming adult sized.

Learn me about my bike if you guys can, or just comment. It's a Fuji Royale 12 speed. Bought it from a guy who fixes and sells bikes on the side at home. $180

Don't know much about bikes. I didn't start shopping for one until this past week. Was gonna pick up a Varsity, then looked it up, found out it's really heavy, and realized I didn't know anything about bikes.
>>
>>8769857
track frames don't need brake mounts

some low- mid level frames like the popular with kids bianchi super pista don't have drilled lugs to mount brakes or baskets or any of that
>>
>>8769865
tiagra is in the filename lmao
>>
>>8769889
>Fuji Royale 12 speed. Bought it from a guy who fixes and sells bikes on the side at home. $180

ouch...OUCH
>>
>>8769890
curious: what do you ride siggy?
>>
File: shogun.jpg (481KB, 812x606px) Image search: [Google]
shogun.jpg
481KB, 812x606px
is my road bike effay
>>
>>8769885

Finance and convenience reasons do make it acceptable.The bikes I'm seeing though are 1300 custom, deliberate fixes.
>>
no reason to buy a fixed gear at all, no practical use whatsoever that you can't get with a single, plus with a single you get a back break and you coast unless you want to look like a mustache waxed idiot flying into the intersection because you only have a front brake that flips you over when skidding isn't enough

not effay, middle school tier
>>
>>8769902
modified lemond trek years.

i have had probably about half a dozen bikes in the last 4- years though

actually had a leader 725 lulz
>>
>>8769903
not even close m8
>>
i ride a kilo tt, i have a single speed 29er for nasty winter streets

i enjoy riding fixed very much
>>
>>8769813
>cycling confirmed for most /fa/ sport
lol pleb. Polo is the most /fa/ sport. Cycling thats for kids 12y/o and below
>>
What can I do about the way my bike fits me? I posted the Fuji earlier.

With the seat pretty far down (like in that picture), I can barely get both sets of toes on the ground at once. It feels good that way and overall feels right for my legs. However, I feel as if my torso is too long for it. I find myself most comfortable sitting on the very back of the seat.
>>
>>8769966
see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VYhyppWTDc
>>
>>8769917
the steel lemonds were great
>>
>>8769964
lol ayy homie we off dat now
>>
>>8769903
short answer no
>>
>>8769964
>polo
>>
>>8769813
Just buy an old road bike with steel frame. For every purpose but actual contests it's better anyway.
>>
>>8769880
>obnoxious branding
>riser tower
>fa

>>8769903
flip front wheel
>>
>>8769822
that's a beautiful bike :3
>>
>>8770039
yeah they wee nice bikes

i used to have a nicer bike but now all i do is ride on the trainer so i can get away with riding a shitty fixie if i wanted to

seriously trainers <3 no cars
ne death threats
no flats because debris in road
>>
what kind of entry level road bikes would you guys recommend for ~$500?
>>
>>8770179
not going to get much

MAYBE you can get something with shimano sora components and an off brand frame? but some of those on bikes direct still run like $700 shipped
>>
>>8769819

tell us about how hard you work out you fat bastard
>>
>>8770187
damn.. i don't really wanna spend too much though. I was thinking about something like this:
http://smile.amazon.com/Vilano-Shadow-Road-Medium-Black/dp/B00CLV5ZVK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1410160609&sr=8-2&keywords=vilano+road+bike
what do you think?
>>
>>8770207
don't get that it'll be more trouble than it's worth (literally)

look for a used steel road bike with shimano 105, shimano 600, suntour superbe or whatever (you can probably get a late 80s/90s steel bike with decent components for 500ish as long as you're okay with friction shifting, which you should be)
>>
my 60yo dad owns a really old blue peugeot race bike from his student days. is peugeot dece? i wanna know if he was a pleb when he was young, kek
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.