[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if i buy enough clothes will it cure my depression please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Just tired.jpg (43KB, 499x360px) Image search: [Google]
Just tired.jpg
43KB, 499x360px
if i buy enough clothes will it cure my depression

please tell me /fa/
>>
Yes...but it'll also become an addiction.
>>
Nope. Retail therapy is just a temporary fix like patching a flat.
>>
>>12752212
not sure about depression but I used to have anxiety and was really shy, when I discovered this board I started dressing nicely and it really did boost my confidence and I don't have anxiety anymore.
>>
>>12752212
nah

i got diagnosed with severe body dysmorphic disorder and depression by my doctors

clothing feels like clingfilm that i always feel on my body. I feel my hated aspects elongate and become noticeable every day.

0/10 never fall for the BDD and depression meme
>>
>>12752212
>he's this pathetic
>he thinks the /fa/ lifestyle he wishes for involves mindlessly contributing to the consumer machine to combat the symptoms it leaves in himself, never learning, never creating, accepting his eventual message from the void is to be the decomposing shoe he bought sitting in a landfill and the Nordstrom recipients found crumpled in the pocket of his hanging body
>>
i'd rather cry while wearing a margiella sweater than cry while wearing an h&m sweater
>>
I don't know if this works but I try to encourage people to practice increasing levels of agency and achievement because I feel like Learned Helplessness was the meat of why I was depressed.
What do I mean by that? Well one thing I can prescribe to anyone is download yourself a pdf of this book. It's not perfect but what it does is tell you about doing exercises with no space and almost no equipment.
So my theory is you do the exercises, you make tangible strength improvements, you feel more empowered to make positive changes to your life.
>>
>>12752234
I got same but bdd with psychotic symptoms. Wearing yohji is the only clothes that don't feel like clingwrap.
>>
>>12752241
That was bretty gud anon. Go write a book
>>
File: wp_ss_20170820_0001.png (1010KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20170820_0001.png
1010KB, 720x1280px
>>12752386
I'd rather be naked and smile than be dressed in designer and cry.

Fashion will not bring you happiness.
>>
it's gives you an instant high but you feel worse after the clothes arrive
>>
from a depressed person
it will not cure me but, as others said, give me an instant high that will change not long after to me insulting myself over it
then again, depression is something personal and maybe something that doesnt work for some people it will work for others
>>
Feel the depression deeply. Just keep feeling and looking within your self
>>
Depends. Dressing nicely makes me stop worrying about my appearance. Dressing in low-key or lesser known heat makes feel immune to haters. Flexing in loud or hype shit is like bump of coke.
>>
>>12752838
fellow baldie whats good
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.