[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragrance General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 43

LAST THREAD >>12735393

---
BBC perfume documentary (part 1 of 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=annRzLYrRwM
---
general info
http://fragrance.org/intelligence/knowledge-center/
http://perfumesociety.org/discover-perfume/an-introduction/
---
various fragrance communities/review sites/blogs
http://www.fragrantica.com/
http://www.basenotes.net/
http://www.parfumo.net/
http://www.nstperfume.com/
http://www.boisdejasmin.com/
----
w2c samples
http://www.luckyscent.com/
http://www.decantshop.com/
http://www.theperfumedcourt.com/
http://www.surrendertochance.com/
http://www.perfumista.co.uk/
http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/
>>
File: 1503785155385.png (4MB, 5560x3312px) Image search: [Google]
1503785155385.png
4MB, 5560x3312px
>>12748406
>>
Got my sample of Colonia Leather today.

I don't know what I was expecting but it smells exactly like new leather car seats or new leather shoes... pure new leather.

It's certainly interesting but I'm not sure why a person would want to smell like that. I have other frags that have a leather note in them but I'm struggling to detect anything aside from leather here.

I don't think it's sexy or alluring at all.
>>
can you guys give me some wet and foresty fragrances that are cheaper than buxton's lobster
>>
File: 1495643918832.jpg (44KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495643918832.jpg
44KB, 300x300px
C/N? 37 bucks on Amazon, from Guerlain themselves so I would bank that it's real
>>
>>12748406
Anyone had experience of buying from strawberry net? The frag that I'm looking for is not available locally in my country.
>>
File: 247644.jpg (160KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
247644.jpg
160KB, 900x900px
Got this as a gift, toughts on the brand ( well on their fragrances ) and this one in particular ?
>>
Anyone here have Jubilation XXV?
Any thoughts about it?
>>
>don't wear cologne to the gym
What the fuck are you guys talking about? Yeah, like I'm going to go take a shower to wash off my cologne just so I can go to the gym. You guys are betas and if you think any girl or guy actually gives a shit if you smell like cologne in the gym you need to get off the internet and go outside for a while.
>>
>>12748667
Hey if you want smell like cologne, sweat and swamp ass, do you. Just don't come crying back here when people avoid you because you remind them of that one weird kid in middle/high school that tried to cover his B.O. with too much cologne and axe body spray.
>>
Any deo that smells like l'eau d'issey or has a nice fresh citrus touch to it?
>>
>>12748650
I do. One of my favourite fragrances. Very opulent smelling. Smells like rich incense with blackberry and spices, very exotic, very middle-eastern. Not the most versatile fragrance, it's a pretty formal scent, but it works fairly well year-round.
>>
Don't know what I'm talking about so bare with me.
Looking for something with a clean and airy sent if that makes any sense.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>12748406
What's the view on Clinique happy? A girl told me she loves it
>>
Which one of these would suit me? I'm almost always wearing black and going to uni.
Le male, valentino, versace eros, la nuit de l'homme or spicebomb?
>>
File: church-monastery-and-monk.jpg (628KB, 700x504px) Image search: [Google]
church-monastery-and-monk.jpg
628KB, 700x504px
Top of the morning, /fra/. Another beautiful day, another beautiful fragrance to reflect upon.

=+=

ORIZA L. LEGRAND - RELIQUE D'AMOUR (INITIAL APPLICATION NOTES)

- Holy roses, Batman!
- Mediterranean herbs, thyme, basil, rosemary
- Pine and cedar
- A bit of white pepper
- Lily pads in a pond

Wow. This fragrance is surreal and of the 5 or so I've sampled so far, really takes my imagination to another place most. The fragrance hits me first with a strong and uplifting floral note which to me smells like roses and lilies. Second to the floral notes are the herbs: like the smell of a flavorful Mediterranean chicken marinade. Next I get a bit of chopped wood and even a bit of natural varnish and oils. Pine and cedar is of course present. Honestly, I don't smell the frankincense or myrrh at all in this one, maybe they'll reveal themselves later on. My mind is immediately transported to a sort of dark, cool pond in a forest amongst nymphs wearing roses and lilies in their hair, kind of like this painting here: https://www.artble.com/imgs/9/9/4/87801/hylas_and_the_nymphs.jpg

This is an interesting one, I'll be considering it throughout the day... Is it too floral? I can already tell the projection is not fantastic. Hmm, which occassions is this one suitable for? These and other questions, I will address later.

=+=
>>
>>12748675
every second guy in my gym is an arab. they overspray as fuck all of them. so if i wear nautica voyage it should be ok. every maritime scent should be
>>
>>12748795
molcecule 01. it smells like a fresh book
its just one ingridient so u can get the rip off for a few bucks on amazon
>>
>>12748828
they are all shit.
go to a fragment store and smell as long until u find something
>>
Just tried Chanel platinum egoiste, it seems remarkably similar to l'homme. Is there a reason I should choose one over the other?
>>
>>12748551
Yep. Was fine.
>>
>>12748867
Jesus Christ what a nightmare. If I'm huffing and puffing, the last thing I want to be breathing is fucking cloying cologne and sweat steam.
>>
>>12748868
Nah, you can't.
>>
Can I get a suggestion for a perfume?

Uni student / office work on the side
Usually in jeans and darker colors with sneakers
Serious attitude most of the time
Reasonably fit, more on the thin side
6'10

I want to reinforce that I'm professional but on the young side.

Local avaliability is important so popular fragrances are preferred.
>>
>>12749186
Six feet and ten inches? Jesus fuck. I hope you meant 6'1"
>>
>>12749186
Terre D'Hermes fits the bill very well. Can honestly be worn anywhere, any time with adjusting sprays.

Guerlain Vetiver

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (EDP preferred but make up your own mind)
Tom Ford for Men, the original.
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather or Oud Wood (if you have deep pockets or are willing to buy a decant)

Moschino UOMO?

Chanel Egoiste, or even Antaeus if you're up to the challenge.

Comme Des Garcons Wonderwood

Prada L'Homme - not hugely keen on it myself but I can see it working very well on someone else.
>>
File: 1489465187613.jpg (9KB, 322x321px) Image search: [Google]
1489465187613.jpg
9KB, 322x321px
Who is the Rick Owens of perfumery?
>>
>>12749244
UNUM or Nasomatto.
>>
If I'm a poorfag college student, and pretty much dress the part, would I have much luck going to some place that sells a bunch of perfumes?

I hate to admit that Nordstrom is the only place that really comes to mind, excluding a local Macy's and Elder-Beerman that probably don't have much, not to mention will likely cater to a specific set of (post-menopause, suburban) women. Any better suggestions, particularly in the central Ohio area?

Anyway, would I be likely to get laughed at/glared at by staff? I don't want to waste my time if they'll just treat me like I'm wasting theirs. I just wanna learn what smells good so that I might buy stuff when I can finally afford it. (tho obviously, I plan on investing in my wardrobe first. speaking of, are high fashion retailers open to curious individuals, even if they don't intend to buy?)
>>
>>12749253
Get rid of the attitude - I don't care how expensive the stuff inside is; if somewhere sells something, then it's just a fucking shop. If you want to go in and look at what they sell then just do it.
>>
>>12749257
Ye, that's what I'd ultimately do. Not act like I own the place, but act like I know what I'm looking for, be respectful and humble, etc. Just wanted to try to gauge if I'd be wasting spending a day in the area, or not, since it's a bit of a travel for me. (suburbia sux)
>>
>>12749267
Nah I get you. Make a list of some things to ask for specifically so you have direction when you go into stores. Just be honest and if they're not respectful then it's their problem really.
(also a poorfag and will be visiting the Salon de Parfums in Harrods soon)
>>
>>12749286
I just made/am making that list, actually! Alright, I'll try to relax a little and check things out when I can. Thanks, anon. Good luck with your own adventures.
>>
>>12749253
I stop by my local LA Nordstrom if I'm early seeing a movie and I'm just in jeans/t-shirt, and I've had nothing but positive experiences with the men's dept. folks where they keep the men's frags. And I have found that honesty is the best policy in that I tell them that I'm not looking to buy anything at the moment, but I am interested in X and would love a sample to try on my own time. And when I have bought something, they've thrown in giant handfuls of samples.
>>
>>12749251
wat
>>
File: tauer-perfumes-l-eau.jpg (93KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tauer-perfumes-l-eau.jpg
93KB, 800x800px
shit
>>
do people here experiment with the really niche fragrances or do they just try out mass marketed borderline designer "niche" frags like tom ford and creed to add to their mega epic shelf collection full of colorful A*Men, Amouage, and Byredo bottles?
>>
>>12748502
Encre Noire
>>
>>12749351

That's one ugly bottle
>>
>>12749369
I buy what I think might be interesting from luckyscent so you tell me
>>
>>12749333
Thanks!
>>
>>12749161
>t. fag who got the orig. molecule 01
ahahaha
>>
somebody tried the edp version of voyage d hermes. its my favourite frag so far. if i want more parfumes like this should i look into woody floral scents or what?
>>
>>12748828
Bleu de Chanel would be a good pick, but only if you are 20+.

Otherwise Roberto Cavalli Uomo would be a good pick

>>12748871
They're not all shit at all you sperm huffing retard

>>12749186
Sauvage or Bleu de Chanel
>>
I've never really been into fragrances but I'd like to start trying to expand my collection. Right now, all I've got is a bottle of Calvin Klein EDT that my family gave me for Christmas. I'm a student so I don't have much money to throw around. Is there a list/infographic of fragrances for beginners, or otherwise any advice?
>>
>>12748795
Versace pour homme fits that description nicely
>>
>>12748828
none of those for casual uni situations, get club de nuit intense man and go light on the sprays (or aventus if you are wealthy). thank me later
>>
>>12748502
if you mean literally you want a wet forest then you described >>12749377
>>
>>12749612
I own it - was walking the other day and swear i caught a whiff of it, but was just near wet coniferous trees and mud.
>>
>>12749161
I'd love to hear why not.
>>
>>12749578
What climate/situations will you be using it in? Any notes/other frags you like/dislike?
>>
>>12748568
I've never experienced Legend Intense, but Legend is quite a nice fragrance. It maybe isn't as nuanced as you would hope (somewhat inky, kind of like an adult Axe) but it has nice sillage and is fairly long lasting. Mont Blanc is also a decent brand all around as far as semi-luxury goes. good luck!
>>
>>12749253

Almost any department store will have a fine perfume and cologne selection. However, if you're looking for fancier, more niche, or more unique fragrances, I would consider Sephora, Murale, or online perfume stores.
>>
Alright, I have a bunch of bottles by now and know what I like. Some opnions from you guys on what would fit in my tastes are welcome, I'm always looking for something nice and new.

What I have;

Declaration by Cartier. Love it and almost always wear it, no matter the weather or clothes I wear.

L'instant de Guerlain. Only in fall and winter and when dressed properly, and only a very small amount. It feels like going back in time.

Terre d'Hermes. Fresh and accesible, the replacement for Gucci pour Homme. I still stare at that bottle sometimes.

Gucci by Gucci. Utter shit and a big mistake.

Kouros by YSL. Good for when I have to act and dress like an adult. Very small amount only. Reminds me of my father and other manly men I admire.

Rubarbe Ecarlate. Smells pretty synthetic, but women love it and it's playful and fresh. Good for sunny days and colourful clothing.
>>
>>12749369
I'd say it's mostly bigger niche brands available at Luckyscent and designer. But I've seen some smaller names like Gallagher Fragrances every once in a while.
>>
>>12749810
I have Amongst Waves by Gallagher and I want Bergamust. Also have Ganache Parfums' Pineapple Mojito. Have Zoologist Bat, too. Pineapple Vintage Intense, if you count that.

So yeah, I'd say some of us have actual niche bottles.
>>
>>12749826
How is Vintage Intense? I got some samples on the way
>>
>>12749829
I like it. Haven't tried the other PV fragrances, but Intense is nice. I don't find it as sweet as Aventus, focuses more on the fresh aspects of the pineapple, almost smells slightly rubbery, but not in an unpleasant way. Doesn't smell synthetic, smells very high quality, unlike most Aventus clones.
>>
File: relique_d_amour_box_1.jpg (80KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
relique_d_amour_box_1.jpg
80KB, 600x600px
>>12748844
Evening gentlemen.

=+=

Evening of Monday, September 11th, 2017 (Never Forget)
ORIZA L. LEGRAND - RELIQUE D'AMOUR (OVERALL NOTES)

- Projection could be better
- Fades quite quickly, barely noticable after 6 hours

This one is a knockout, man. I absolutely dig the wild and fresh yet refined feeling it gives, with the herbs, flowers mixed with the pine and subtle incense. It's like you're Dionysus hanging out with some qt3.14 forest nymphs by a lily pond. Seriously. I think this one is tied with UNUM LAVS for #1... I'm going to have to do an OVERALL OVERALL NOTES and rank all these "High Church" fragrances at the end here. Just one more fragrance left to sample tomorrow, it's the HEELEY CARDINAL. Can't wait. But this Oriza L. Legrand Relique D'Amour is fucking awesome, I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a refreshing, church-like, piney, and downright surreal scent you can wear on a daily basis. I just wish the projection were better! I did apply this with a small application stick thing (plastic stick that is part of the sample bottle lid) so maybe that's the problem and I just need to try it in spray form. This fragrance is versatile, though, and I really think it's the only one on the list besides LAVS that feels appropriate for casual and formal occasions. I don't think it's easy to accomplish that, but, again, the dominant floral notes mixed with piney and woody notes, with the incense in the background, is really superb and fits right in anywhere.

Anyone else tried this one? It is fan-fucking-tastic. God bless.

=+=
>>
recomen something for male around 50eur so i can get alot of gfs
>>
>>12749887
Versace Eros
>>
>>12749872
Added to my list for my big sniffing rampage around London. This looks like it's going to be exactly up my street. Chypre is the big boy choice.
>>
File: ego.jpg (14KB, 630x500px) Image search: [Google]
ego.jpg
14KB, 630x500px
I've been using Amouage's Memoir Man, Parfums de Marly's Herod, and Dior's Fahrenheit for a couple years now. I'd like to add 3 more fragrances to my collection.

1. A fragrance that exudes confidence, arrogance, an atmosphere that almost instills fear into other people for work as the owner of a company.

2. I'd like something mysterious, alluring, almost archaic for my time out with the lady in the evenings.

3. Casual for my days off, but nothing that's overused or too common. Would like it to be different from the initial 2 I described.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>12749924
Superb! You must post your tales.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
went to Sephora and samples of tf noir, mm jazz club, and commodities moss. I love them all desu. but I'm new to fragrance any thoughts on these and on what occasion to use them
>>
>>12749988
1. Bleu de Chanel

2. Roberto Cavalli Uomo

3. Versace Pour Homme
>>
>>12749872
alright then ill get a sample
>>
>>12750090
You won't regret it my man. Let me know what you think.
>>
File: o.43746.jpg (553KB, 2250x2250px) Image search: [Google]
o.43746.jpg
553KB, 2250x2250px
>>12748406
What do you guys think of this fragrance? I just blind bought it because I like gourmands.
>>
>>12750092
if you buy shit from luckyscent in bulk and you get free samples, they will ask for your directions for when theyre going to choose the samples for you; dont, theyll just pick random shit, pick the free samples yourself instead and thats what youre gonna write in the box
>>
>>12750103
>>12750092
because so far their fucking ''handpicked'' complimentary samples fucking suck
>>
>>12750097
I've been close to blind buying it myself
>>
First time buying samples from Luckyscent. Anything I should know? Also, how many applications does a .7ml last?
>>
>>12750111

>>12750103
>>12750104

also, plenty of applications, unless you make it drip on your arm you wont miss liquid anytime soon if you try them sample size
>>
>>12750065
Commodity moss is an absolutely amazing scent, buy it
>>
>>12750103
>>12750104
Yea they just recommended the Amouage shit when I mentioned the church theme. They've been the least fucking holy smelling fragrances of my entire samples batch. Sad!
>>
>>12750173
I asked for romantic/gothic dark aetheral holy deep space alien transcendent frags and they just put puredistance M, tauer leau, jovoy incident diplomatique and a bunch of other shit that are surely out of theme too, disappointing
>>
what are some scents that smell like:

1. Fresh popcorn

2. The smell of watering the garden on a hot summers day
>>
>>12750195
popcorn note: La Fin Du Monde

garden ... Demeter Firefly??

if you want literal frags i dunno
>>
>>12750201
I want frags
>>
>>12750180
Eh, yea. I've heard great things about the actual storefront though, The Scent Bar, in LA. Haven't made it out yet. How'd you end up liking those samples anyways though?
>>
>>12750212
I dont like them.
>>
>>12750213
Haha. Duly noted sir.
>>
>>12750065
I did the same thing as you; tried moss and book. Moss died early on me, and gave me a slight headache, book just smelled like fucking pickles
>>
>>12750180
u wot. That sounds amazing. Maybe kinda sorta what I'm after. What stuff *do* you like, then, anon?

(I'm >>12749253 - mostly I was aiming for chypres and maybe some woody orientals. Fwiw, I have little/no scent experience, though. But your description sounds spot on, as long as it doesn't include citrus?!)
>>
I can't smell so I can't tell if I'm using my perfume enough. I use one spray on my collarbones/neck area before uni and want to make sure it gives a good scent without being disgustingly overdone, should that be enough?
>>
>>12750299
Depends entirely on which fragrance you use. For most standard fragrances, I'd say 2 sprays is the minimum application, but it's for you to judge.
>>
If you own less than 25 proper bottles of frags you're not truly into fragrances
>>
>>12750280
>What stuff *do* you like, then, anon?

the theme i mentioned but they put nothing of the sort in the complimentary frags, just new shit
>>
File: 375x500.614.jpg (29KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
375x500.614.jpg
29KB, 375x500px
Why choose this over ysl l'homme?
>>
>>12750367
You don't
>>
>>12749377
how's the sport version?
>>
Are there any good sample subscription services I should look into? Should I even be looking at those or should I just buy samples on my own? I feel like I might spend a long time fumbling around, not sure what scent families I enjoy if I don't get a larger variety via a curated subscription.
>>
>>12750511
10/10 PS

Pls don't use our holy messenger to shovel crap out, it is blasphemy!
>>
>>12750511
Why not Aventus?
>>
File: Smug Sauvage Pepe.jpg (84KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Sauvage Pepe.jpg
84KB, 400x400px
/fra/ btfo
>>
>>12749648
Casual situations during the day. I don't really have any fragrances which I particularly like or dislike.
>>
>>12750111
>how many applications does a .7ml last?
Depends. One atomizer spray is ~.1ml. When I want to get a sense of a frag's performance, I'll do at least two sprays on my arm.
>>
>>12750326

EdT
>>
>>12750562
Versace Pour Homme or Chanel Allure Homme Sport
Sauvage
YSL L'Homme
Acqua di Gio
Man Eau Fraiche
Invictus (outdoors & clubbing only)
>>
should I blind buy 100ml tobacco vanille tester for 1/4 of retail price?
>>
Where to get nice candles for not too much ? I really like Mad et Len but heh I'm on a student budget now. And I'm Moving Into a 17m2 / 180sqft so a candle should be enough.

This or I buy incense / armenian paper
>>
File: logo.png (5KB, 220x61px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
5KB, 220x61px
Do any other anons find irrelevant fraudulent charges after ordering decants from this place?

Second time this has happened to me so far.
>>
>>12750195
Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, if you can stomach their autism, has a scent called "Mouse Circus" that smells like popcorn. It's supposed to smell like circus food, popcorn, cotton candy, etc., but it really does smell like just straight popcorn, and pretty surprisingly accurately, at that.
>>
>>12750631
It depends on how much you like vanilla

it's not a bad scent, but I feel that it is almost feminine
>>
>>12750055
I absolutely will. Will do a small list of my favs and anything that blew me away.

>>12750604
Edt is still very relative - their 'strength' ranges so hugely. Which fragrance is it in particular? I'm sure you're fine with one spray for subtlety if you're going to be sat around a lot of people.

>>12750631
Yes. It's honestly amazing, and so potent that it would likely be years before you saw the bottom of that bottle. Worst case if you don't like it, you could even make a profit selling it off as decants on ebay or a frag trade group.

>>12750635
I've heard very promising things about DW Home candles (but haven't personally tried) - https://www.dwhome.com/
Apparently 'Warm Tobacco Pipe' smells similar to Tobacco Vanille.

Also, House of Matriarch makes incense cones which are weirdly reasonably priced and are apparently incredible. Have only put off ordering any on account of having to pay the shipping to the UK. - https://www.matriarch.biz/products/luxury-incense-cones?variant=308901771
>>
File: IMG_2580.jpg (29KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2580.jpg
29KB, 375x500px
>>12750368
>>12750367
I see it recommended here all the time, surely there must be a reason?
>>
Getting tempted to buy some super iso e and ambroxan and make my own simple molecule 01/02 clones. Anyone here ever try that?
>>
My bottle broke, the EDT that didn't get spilled on the ground was in an open bottle (in contact with air) for about 12h before i purchased an empty perfume bottle to put in there. Was some fragrance/quality lost there? I just recently started using it so I'm not used to the smell yet.
>>
Anyone know a frag that smells like roses but on the more masculine side? Also what do you guys think of Azzaro Chrome?
>>
>>12750924
Check out my review of Relique D'Amour above, it might be what you're looking for.
>>
>>12750924
Xerjoff Mefisto, if you're willing to spend, is one of the best masculine rose fragrances in existence, in my opinion.
>>
>>12750868

Boss by Hugo Boss in this case
>>
Could you guys explain for what situation I'm supposed to wear these fragrances?
Bleu de Chanel
Dior Sauvage
Versace Eros
YSL La nuit de l'homme
Spicebomb

It seems like I can't choose what to apply depending on the situation
>>
>>12751036
when youre in high school or when you feel like a pleb
>>
>>12751036
>Bleu
Everyday wear, hot or warm weather. Suitable for any occasion.
>Sauvage
For attracting females. Warm to cool weather. Casual.
>Eros
For attracting females (male). Cool to gay weather. Casual.
>La Nuit
Never wear this.
>Spicebomb
Cool to cold weather. Cozy time scent.
>>
File: 29dvmaa.jpg (56KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
29dvmaa.jpg
56KB, 768x1024px
>>12750894
>surely there must be a reason?

It's good, but it's not amazing.

It's a gateway frag.

You can even explore it's flankers and get autistic as fuck about their batch codes.
No need to dive into the niche rabbit hole (yet).
>>
>>12748844

Good morning gentlemen.

=+=

HEELEY - CARDINAL (INITIAL APPLICATION NOTES)

- Dominant frankincense and myrrh on the top
- Smokey and woody (cedar)
- Patchouli and vetiver
- Very warm and amber

Upon sampling the last "Church" fragrance of my 7-sample order from Lucky Scent, Heeley Cardinal, I'm surprised at how much it resembles the scent of the first fragrance I tried: UNUM LAVS. Cardinal really smells quite similar to LAVS, with the incense notes taking the reins and dominating the entire scent. Rather than backing the incense with floral notes (jasmine, in the case of LAVS) and trailing wood, Heeley's Cardinal is pure frankincense, myrrh, smoke, wood, and amber. The patchouli and vetiver add to the theme and keep this fragrance seriously holy in character. No messing around with this one; it smells like a Catholic church before the Vatican II (that is, everything's in Latin and there's certainly no room for faggots in Heaven). Quite nice. I'd like to keep this around for special occassions, or just for extended study sessions in my personal library, where I keep many leather-bound books and everything smells of rich mahogany. Ahh, yes, this is a forceful and enlightening scent that reminds me of honesty and truth despite their sometimes uncomfortable and inconvenient implications. This is the most "fall" fragrance I've sampled so far, so if you're looking for a churchy fall fragrance, give this one a shot.

=+=
>>
>>12750195
>2.
La Chasse aux Papillons
>>
>>12750924
TF noir de noir maybe
>>
>>12750299
>should that be enough?
Ask people around you irl, not us...
>>
>>12750417
Not that anon, but it's fantastic. Infinitely more wearable than the original.
>>
>>12750456
>a larger variety via a curated subscription
Never having used a subscription service, I have many doubts as to their "variety" vs. just trying stuff out at random. If you're going to be buying samples anyway, just do it instead of trusting a service to choose for you.
>>
Le Male or Versace Eros for a minty cold weather casual frag?
>>
>>12750903
>super iso e
>>
>>12750916
>Was some fragrance/quality lost
Not so's you'd notice.
>>
>>12748844
>>12749872
>>12751278
The fragrance that jumped out at me to your original post was CdG Avignon but your posts have shown me that there are a lot more reccs for a "Church" fragrance. Really enjoyed your posts and I hope you or someone else does it again (or more detailed frag reviews in these threads).
>>
Is samplesperg still shitting up the general? I haven't bothered looking at this place in like a month or something.
>>
>>12751450
Thanks man I will continue with my overall reflections on all the church frags I tried tomorrow, along with ranking. Then I want to move to another theme!
>>
>>12751437
>t. fag who got the orig. molecule 01
>>
>>12751490
HES HERE ALL THE TIME!!!!!! SHITTING UP THE GENERAL WE SHOULD BE RUNNING FOR OUR FUCKING LIVES!!!!!!
>>
>>12751534
Nope.
>t. fag who gets a chuckle when people use words in the wrong order
>>
>>12750097
I've got a sample of it, but it's way too sweet for my tastes and I felt like it was too cloying. Literally the smell of tiramisu cake that evolves into mostly tonka. Longevity is monstrous.
>>
>>12748406
MUH
FRAGNANCE
IM MUCH MEN ALPHA SCENT
FUCK OFF KIDS
ONLY CITRON OLD SPICE IS GOOD.

KYS EVERYONE
>>
>>12751578
pleb
>>
>>12751490
Shut up! He'll hear you!
>>
WE MUST PERFORM THE SAMPLESPERG RITUAL!
>>
>>12751564
fag
t. somebody who is sad when people still dont know how to green text
>>
Is Bdc better in the eau de toilette version or eau de perfum version ?
>>
>>12752097
EdT is livelier and lasts longer. Strong preference for EdT over EdP in this instance.
>>
Going on a date, probably a movie and drinks. >Aventus
>DnG The One
>La Nuit, or
>CH men prive
I'm a bit older than the girl which I think she likes so keep that in mind. I'm 6'0, dark hair and wear dark clothing, muscular but nothing drastic.
>>
>>12750844
I fucking love vanilla scent

As long as it's more of a natural smelling vanilla and not super super artificial sweet smelling
>>
>>12752158
Prive definitely
>>
https://m.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Genuine-Tom-Ford-Tobacco-Vanille-100ml-Edp-Unisex-tester-/253101512778?hash=item3aee06984a%3Ag%3A9F0AAOSwZ0NZbx~R&_trkparms=pageci%253A908cef45-9815-11e7-8304-74dbd1806cba%257Cparentrq%253A7882fee115e0aca4b4bf7614fff1647f%257Ciid%253A2

real or fake?
>>
>>12752251
I am usually the one arguing that most cries of fake are just people being paranoid. That said, this has fake written all over it. You must be pulling my leg.
>>
>>12752290
feedback is perfect though

I guess that could be faked too
>>
>>12752322
feedback is 19
i don't buy fragrances from ebay sellers with less than 1000 positive feedback
>>
>>12752332
>>
>>12752322
Saw that, and from "established" eBayers, too. But 1. the account isn't very old. 2. They want a bank transfer (BIG red flag), even though they do also take PP, admittedly. But the biggest one of all is 3. "if the price is too good to be true, it is," ESPECIALLY on an in-demand item.
>>
>>12752251
read the description. bank deposit? invoice?

huh?? nice juice scam
>>
>>12752414
>>12752425
>>
File: IMG_1696.jpg (139KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1696.jpg
139KB, 700x467px
>>12751274
>niche rabbit hole

too late la

Seriously though, PE and l'homme smell almost the fucking same to me. Why would someone prefer one over the other, and how is it not a breach of copyright?
>>
>>12752651
Davidoff should sue Creed tbqh
>>
The only fragrance Ive ever used is la Nuit de l'homme. what can I get if I'm looking to upgrade to a similar scent that lasts longer? I heard pure havane would be good.
>>
>>12752744
Dior Homme Intense or Valentino Uomo

Not super similar but similar kind of warm, cozy not super masculine vibe
>>
>>12752744
I really like Tom Ford Noir Extreme
>>
File: collection_aug_31_2017_resize.png (2MB, 2016x825px) Image search: [Google]
collection_aug_31_2017_resize.png
2MB, 2016x825px
>muh collection

>>12750894
>>12751274
L'homme is a great scent that nobody can smell on you

>>12748568
I've got OG Legend and Individuel. I hate individuel, and I like Legend. it's kinda mature smelling.

>>12751578
t. guy who smells like sweaty ass crack

>>12752744
if you're looking for pure havane on the cheap you could try out Reyane's Insurrection 2 Wild it's like 20 bucks.
>I have it and it smells great.
>>
are there sometimes differences between bottles of aventus with the same code? i have one that is very smokey and musky and only a bit bright and one that is mostly pineapple.
>>
File: shit.jpg (145KB, 1194x887px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
145KB, 1194x887px
> 495$
> for 100ml, not 120ml

>it's so you can travel easier with it, goy
>>
>>12752877
probably
>>
>>12752866
might as well be piss bottles
>>
>>12752889
Who says they arent?
>>
>>12752894
makes me think
>>
Can i just use two sprays of EDT under my pits?
>>
>>12752866
w2c Bulgari aqua that isn't a fucking disc I have to lay down?
>>
>>12752914
Bought it in a shoppers drugstore for 20 bucks. I kinda like the sphere bottles but Id imagine theyre a pain to store/display..
>>
bost fragrantica profiles
>>
>>12752866
what batches of aventus are those?
>>
>>12752733
For what?
Cool water smells totally different to GIT an was sold 2 years after GIT. Or what is this about
>>
what's a fragrance that smells not like fresh laundry but more like freshly folded linen? I would say almost aventus like but less fruity & smoky
>>
What would you guys say the minimum number of fragrances any man should have is?
>>
>>12753216
3-4, for varying situations. One for going out like to bars or any sort of social situation with alcohol, one for work, one for dates/sex and one super light clean freshie for after gym or super hot days where you might not normally wear a frag
>>
File: 1434478495939.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1434478495939.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>>12753218
>one for dates/sex
>>
>>12753156
PR Eccelso maybe?
>>
File: IMG_2583.jpg (24KB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2583.jpg
24KB, 460x259px
>>12752651
What's his favorite frag?
>>
>>12753250
I'm sure I've smelled it a few times on other people as a fairly common scent like what I described and isn't a niche. almost in a Sauvage or Aventus vein. Ferragamo F Black is also a bit like it. Mont Blanc individeul is way too sweet and Green Irish Tweed is too watery. I would say Aventus seems to be the closest in terms of vibe, but as I said too fruity.
>>
>>12753328
As a follow on, maybe Prada Amber Pour Homme or Mugler Cologne is what I'm looking for
>>
>>12750195
salt & caramel by shay and blue smells like popcorn to me
>>
>>12752912
I mean, you could, by I don't know why you would. You'd have no projection, it wouldn't help with your BO, and would probably wind up smelling fucking rancid after a couple hours.
>>
>>12753156
>Aventus, but less Fruity and smoky

So, not Aventus, then?
>>
Is there a perfume that smells like burning wood?
>>
>>12752097
help plz
>>
File: images.jpg (19KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19KB, 443x332px
Silica bags near of frags help them with degradation? Did some one here do too?
>>
>>12753416
Andy Tauer - Lonestar Memories
Sonoma Scent Studio - Fireside Intense
Olivier Durbano - Black Tourmaline
Le Labo - Patchouli 24
>>
>>12754063
REMOVE BLACK TOURMALINE
>>
>>12753409
no no, like aventus but less fruity and smoky
>>
What do Avant-Garde / Edgelord / RO shills should wear ?
>>
>>12750335
...Yes, that's what I'm asking. What do you like that fits your themes/tastes?
>>
>>12754182
Elephant dung tincture.
>>
>>12753416
>[Settings] [Home]
>4chan
>/fa/ - Fashion
>[Post a Reply]
slumberhouse - norne
>>
>>12754238
I don't know why it added that green shit.
>>
>>12754241
Because you're a cuck.
>>
>>12754257
clever.
>>
>>12754238
this was for the guy asking for burning wood.
>>
File: amongst_waves.jpg (7KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
amongst_waves.jpg
7KB, 220x220px
Looking for more recommendations.

Current Favorites:
Gallagher - Amongst Waves
Tom Ford - Noir Extreme
Creed - Millesime Imperial
YSL - L'Homme Intense
Chanel - BDC

Also, was specifically wondering about Escentric Molecule series. Thoughts on those?
>>
>>12753328
Dior Homme Cologne or Terre D'Hermes
>>
Does anyone one have any experience with Aventus batch number 16A01?

Top tier or low tier?
>>
>>12753990
D'wat?
>>
>>12754163
That's like saying
>like purple, but less purple
>>
>>12754531
No, but these guys do:
http://www.basenotes.net/threads/416244-Aventus-batch-numbers-part-2

The BN Aventus containment subforum is pretty funny.
>>
>>12754470
I already have a sample of DHC on the way

TdH is one of the most foul frags I have ever smelled
>>
>>12754705
i've got a 75ml of DHC. I love it. too bad the weather is getting cold.
>>
best sandalwood frags
recently discovered i have a thing for anything and everything sandalwood
current favs are amouage reflection man, serge lutens santal majuscule and diptyque tam dao edp
>>
>>12754445
Have you tried Gallagher's Bergamust? He gave me a sample with my bottle of Amongst Waves and I actually really like it.
>>
File: Chypre_Palatin.jpg (65KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
Chypre_Palatin.jpg
65KB, 500x629px
Been thinking about getting a decant of this to sample, anyone ever try it?
>>
>tfw bought 7.5ml bottles of amber nuit, feve deliceuse and patchouli imperial
>>
>>12755020
nice, from where?
>>
>>12755054
eBay and local online stores
>>
>>12748828
I wore Spicebomb on a very hot day.
I smelled like Chinese food (more specifically teriyaki and orange chicken) the entire day
>>
>>12755102
t. Long Wong
>>
>>12755007
Yes. It's great.
>>
Can anyone recommend a nice women's frag that isn't too flowery or sweet?
They all smell the same to me and the selection is overwhelming so I can't choose
>>
>>12755265
>They all smell the same
tilda swinton like this
>>
>>12755265
maybe try a men's fragrance
>>
Should I get tobacco vanille? It's really growing on me. I was the anon a couple of threads back asking for a good vanilla/cocoa scent, like Dark Temptation only not cheap synthetic.

I feel like it may be too feminine. Personality-wise I'm... how do I say this without associating with SJWs... a mix. I can be assertive and aggressive when there is a need, but I generally prefer to be pragmatic when possible. I'm more goal-oriented than ego-oriented. And that goal is often for me and the people around me to have a nice time. Appearance-wise I'm a mid-20s fairly masculine guy.

Maybe it'd be popular with women? My understanding seems to be that they enjoy scents like this. Question is if they enjoy it on a guy.
>>
Are testers ok
>>
>>12755301
This so much. Try mens perfumes (avoid the extremely masculine ones) and maybe some unisex ones. Unisex ones can be a bit too feminine for men, but can also be very nice.

I would suggest something with perhaps sandalwood and rose pepper. I could imagine smelling that on a nude woman and enjoying it.
>>
>>12754612
Like put those bags near of my bottles at weardrobe, does it helps the perfume to degrade and expire faster or those bags warm them.
>>
File: mer.jpg (28KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
mer.jpg
28KB, 375x500px
>>12748406
Is this stuff any good?
>>
Ok legit I got semi-freaked out by this dream I had. I said Sauvage smelled like bug spray and metallic cleaner, but in this dream I apparently tried it again, distinctly remember the bottle design and even the light magnetic cap, then being swarmed by darkness.

Is this the marketing kicking in or some odd form of PTSD. Also, anyone else had a strange dream about trying on a fragrance?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170908-192745-01.jpg (165KB, 1080x853px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170908-192745-01.jpg
165KB, 1080x853px
Can a get a recommendation also?
I'm a uni student, have a decent amount of money, usually wear darker colors and tight
/fits/ with a outer layer on most days like a sweater, hoodie, bomber, leather, or trench.
Pic related is not me, but I my fits are very similar.
>>
>>12755726
New, strong and unfamiliar clearly do something to your brain. I tried a bunch of samples and smelled one of them that I wasn't wearing to bed in my dreams.
>>
>>12755734
Its still very strange to me because I have smelled hundreds of fragrances in my short time, even ones packed with unapologetically strong naturals and even the recent attars I have tried. But this is the only time its happened. I'll try it again at some point to see if I get the same reaction.
>>
>>12755730
cdg black
>>
>>12755420
Why, did they say something?
>>
>>12755524
Silica absorbs ambient moisture. Bottles of fragrance are sealed against moisture. Silica packs near your bottles will do nothing to or for the juice inside the bottles.
>>
>>12748406
There should be a pastebin for FG for price ranges and popular/recommended.
>>
could i get a recommendation?
>F
>19
>college
>work at art store
>feminine

i would like something that smells nice floral/fresh or warm
ty in advance !
>>
>>12756217
my semen

otherwise try Filles en Aiguilles and Lazy Sunday Morning
>>
>>12756258
thanks! I'll try stop by Sephora today and check these out
>>
>>12756314
if you dont like filles en aiguilles try de profundis, it's by serge lutens too
>>
>>12756335
will do, thanks so much again
>>
>sit in lecture
>girl sits next to me
>next 45 minutes smell like someone is smoking cigarettes right beside me

I hope you guys dont smoke because that shit it disgusting and will absolutely void any fragrance you are wearing.
>>
>>12756403
I smoke cigars every now and again.
>>
>>12756403
I only vape. I favor the pink bubblegum flavor. M'lady loves it when I tip my fedora and blow her a smoke ring.
>>
>>12756217
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>12756217

he's a meme but it's the best place to start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPwr5UekLxA
>>
I'm going to a fragnance shop in about 20 minutes. please recommend me a good smelling cologne(s) . so far this year ive bought givenchy red and armani code. no budget
>>
>>12756724
fuck off pleb shill
>>
>>12755730
Bleu de Chanel is what you want
>>
>>12757009
Valentino Uomo
Sauvage
Bleu de Chanel
>>
>>12754920
I haven't checked out any other Gallagher scents yet, but I'll keep an eye out for that one. Thanks!
>>
this has probably been asked MANy times, but does anybody have any suggestions for a fragrance that pairs well with someone who smokes cigarettes?

i've been using mmm jazz club for ages but looking for other good suggestions in a similar vein.
>>
>>12757260
dark aoud
>>
>>12757260
Something strong as fuck that can cut through that smokestack stank. Otherwise, don't bother. It all just mixes together and smells gross.
>>
>>12757260
Patchouli Imperial
>>
>>12757260
fruity modern Aventus batch so you can simulate vintage
>>
>>12757260
>2017
>smoking

You can't make this shit up
>>
>>12750924
I've been using Chrome by Azzaro for the past few years and everyone I know likes it, though that's not saying much.
>>
File: 1505420667846.jpg (79KB, 800x672px) Image search: [Google]
1505420667846.jpg
79KB, 800x672px
>Girl wants "spiritual advice" in a new age facebook group and I tell her to stop wearing chokers if she ever wants to become anything near "spiritual" and everying is against me
>Banned from facebook because I called a tranny a tranny
>Banned from one of my regular boards
>That soundcloud guy doesnt want to give me his mix tracklist because I said his mixing was terrible

All in one fucking day

Fucking pussies
>>
>>12757891
>people don't like me because i'm a huge asshole

Hey, dude, here's some advice. You're a huge fucking asshole and people treat you like a huge asshole, maybe stop being a huge asshole if you don't like it? It's just crazy enough to work.

Literally all of /pol/ would benefit from this advice.
>>
>>12757901
No you're all a bunch of dumb shitheads
>>
>>12757904
The don't complain about it you annoying fucker.
>>
>>12757907
if only you werent all a bunch of dumb shitheads
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>12757904
everyone else
>>
>>12757100
shit taste.
voyage d hermes> bleu de chanel
invictus>sauvage
>>
>>12757901
na, you are just cucks. the cancer that makes the west perish.
nigger
over and out
>>
>>12757922
Troll harder while I enjoy not being hated by 99% of society. It's more satisfying than music.
>>
Best oud fragrance? Man, 23, winter, day, uni. Currently using Tom Ford Oud Wood and I like it, but I'm looking for something more exclusive.
>>
>>12757998
So you either want the "best" oud fragrance, or the more "exclusive" oud fragrance? You're asking for two different things in one request.
>>
>>12757998
http://www.agaraura.com/products.html#oud-oils
>>
>>12757998
Frederic Malle - The Night
>>
>>12758277
Top kek.
>>
File: 1485147548769.jpg (63KB, 387x604px) Image search: [Google]
1485147548769.jpg
63KB, 387x604px
>>12748530
So literally nobody here has an opinion on Guerlain Boisee?
>>
>>12758348
I own it and love it. Great classier option for spring/summer. I basically get straight up lime and vetiver. The vetiver is definitely noticeable but it doesn't come off 'old' at all, easily wearable for a younger guy. Performance is average but that's fine, it really is steal at the price its going for online
>>
>>12757901
Jesus fuck, this. /pol/ is the single most autistic group in internet history. This includes bronies. At least most brownies I've met were friendly enough, if horribly cringey. /pol/ just spews shit at everyone then wonders why everyone hates them.

You faggots think you're master trolls, but really you're just that one retarded kid in the class who doesn't bathe and no one wants to sit next to.

Give respect. Respect is important.
>>
>>12758437
respect to degenerate faggots? no
>>
File: layton.jpg (157KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
layton.jpg
157KB, 800x800px
Thoughts on this sucker?
>>
>>12758573
How about respect to some of the rest of us non degenerate faggots by not shitting up the thread? Be the bigger man and stop arguing on the internet with people you view as lesser.
>>
>>12758600
>stop arguing on the internet
Kek
>>
>>12758600
no theyre everywhere and piss me off
>>
>>12758437
>>12758600
His heart does a little jump every time he sees '(You)'
Just ignore him, as you would if you were in a room with him irl.
>>
Thinking of buying D&G The One soon, as I want something tobacco and ambery. Should I get the EDT or EDP?
>>
>>12755583
it's pleasant but generic smelling. not worth more than 20 bucks
>>
File: 1489229086527.png (35KB, 875x819px) Image search: [Google]
1489229086527.png
35KB, 875x819px
>decided to try to grow up and start wearing adult cologne
>went to target and bought drakkar essence
>meant to get drakkar noir but didn't realize it because I was tired and not thinking
>don't want to wear it because I'm afraid it will smell bad
why is this so hard
>>
>>12758834
smell it and dont wear it if you dont like it wtf dude
>>
>>12758920
I do like it actually but I don't know how other people will
I just want to impress my qt coworker
>>
File: 1qpu70.jpg (47KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
1qpu70.jpg
47KB, 423x600px
>>12758924
you should have asked us first ..
>drakkar noir

seriously dude

the eNtRy LeVeL pleb frags are

Dior Sauvage
Tom Ford Oud Wood
Versace Dylan Blue
Bleu de Chanel
Paco Rabanne 1 Million
YSL L'Homme
Versace Eros
L'Eau D'Issey
D&G The One
Paco Rabanne Invictus
Creed Aventus
V&R Spicebomb
Armani Acqua di Gio
Terre d'Hermes
>>
>>12758942
I'm pretty poor so I figured buying something cheap I like from a retail store would be a safe start without investing too much
I'm looking for something that's not too strong though so dior sauvage looks like it might be up my alley
>>
>>12758961
a 100ml bottle should last you the whole year so it's a pretty good investment
>>
I'm completely new to fragrances but I wanna give it a go for some self-improvement, please give me some suggestions.

I'm 19 and I work at a Dunkin Donuts so I don't want something too strong, I almost always wear a collared shirt and jeans since I never really change after work. I live in Florida so it's usually hot and I also bike for transportation so sweat can become an issue. I'm pretty average in height and I'm on the bigger side (not full fatty but not skinny either). I'm usually pretty passive personality wise but at work I try to be cheerful since being nice gets me more tips.
>>
File: 67301.jpg (24KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
67301.jpg
24KB, 400x575px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Gppa-8hMA
>>
>>12758998
Best place to start really is to just wander around a shop and smell fragrances for yourself.
Lurk in these threads and pick out the standard issue beginner fragrances which get mentioned a lot and start there. Have a think about what you like or don't like about them and try to narrow it down from there. Apply some and wear it for a day to see how it makes you feel to wear.
>>
>>12758998
post an image of something you want to evoke and we'll help you out
>>
>>12759029
I don't know if it really works but something calm and I guess tranquil or approachable maybe if that makes any sense?
>>
Spent about 2.5k on frags in the last couple of months

Thoughts?
>>
>>12759298

Depends what you got, Jerememe allegedly has over 50K spent on frags but the combined actual worth of their jus is less than 1K or maybe just above that. Someone could shell out hundreds for one Tom Ford but for years they have been doing it as cheap as they can to appeal to people that like to lord around they got Tom Ford (not saying everyone that owns their frags is like that, but that is the direction they have been going in as a company).
>>
>>12759298
>>12759319
Good for you if you can afford it i guess.
The only thing I would say is that one of my favourite things about fragrances is the way that you can wear one fragrance a lot in a time or place in your life and have yourself pulled back through memories and emotion as soon as you smell it. I feel like you'd be missing out on that connection a bit if you had a ton that you rotate heavily.
>>
>>12759046
CDG Kyoto
>>
>>12759046
Philosykos, Oudmazing
>>
>>12759434
this one looks really interesting

>>12759440
philosykos sounds good too

Guess I'll try to get samples of them and go from there, cheers.
>>
File: secretionsoooooo.jpg (60KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
secretionsoooooo.jpg
60KB, 740x740px
Got my first bottle today. I love it.

Anyone else?
>>
>>12759583
Oh shit it's back in stock??? where did you buy it?? this shit too good
>>
>>12748675
Whenever I work out I never smell of sweat or swampass. If you have decent hygiene you won't even smell musty. Wear a deodorant for gods sake
>>
>>12748795
Chrome by azzaro or sauvage by Dior
>>
>>12758414
Ok I will cop then. I used this sample and really liked it, wish I hadn't slept on it so long.

Cheers anon
>>
>>12759319
>that is the direction they have been going in as a company
Looks like this needs to get posted again...
https://boisdejasmin.com/2012/02/the-price-of-luxury-perfume-1.html
>>
>watch 8000000 hours of youtube fragrance videos like an autist
>so many contradicting opinions i feel like i'm back at the start

should i just blind buy consensus elite all-rounders like sauvage and la nuit de l'homme or should i go smell stuff and pick what i like

literally just going for what will be the most memorable/sexiest to females. not enough of a baller to afford aventus
>>
>>12760167
Go smell stuff and buy samples. It's hard to build an understanding of your own nose without trying stuff.

Additionally, the more you try something, the more they might change and grow on you or become worse. Samples are valueble because you can take the time to familiarize yourself with them.
>>
>>12760175

thanks bro. for my first frag i wanted an all-occasion type thing, is there anything kind of unique and memorable that would be a good all day/night fragrance?
>>
>>12760185
I don't know how to answer that. It depends on so many factors. Something marine/citrusy should be fairly safe. Safe may mean less interesting and memorable.

Maybe "all-occasion" and "memorable" are inherently at odds.
>>
how do i become jeremy fragrance lads
>>
>>12760273
put the slightest bit of effort into your video production so you stand out from every other reviewer
>>
>>12760293

despite being a 10/10 eurochad he's kinda self-aware and it makes his character and videos funny as fuck
>>
>looking for a pre-reformulation la nuit de l'Homme
>can't tell if they're fakes or not

fuck this gay earth. why did they reformulate ch men and la nuit
>>
>>12760167
I mean you can blind buy those things and most females will automatically like them.

but personally I wouldn't wear fragrances I didn't like unless they guaranteed me 10/10 pussy.

I do like both la nuit and especially sauvage but that's irrelevant. personally I find aventus to be overrated anyway. Sauvage is a much better fragrance to me.
>>
File: PityUponPlebs.jpg (40KB, 728x554px) Image search: [Google]
PityUponPlebs.jpg
40KB, 728x554px
>>12760418

Oh you poor, poor pleb.
>>
>>12760657
kys retard sperg
>>
>>12760418
>Sauvage iw amuch better fragrance to me.
Top kek
>>
>>12759665

Lucky Scent bro
>>
File: apa-dura.png (283KB, 710x1007px) Image search: [Google]
apa-dura.png
283KB, 710x1007px
>>12760726
not me but hes right youre a dumb faggot nigger
>>
File: 72403.jpg (46KB, 400x575px) Image search: [Google]
72403.jpg
46KB, 400x575px
I thought it was going to smell bad but it's actually pretty good
>>
File: 1483893718115.jpg (67KB, 586x700px) Image search: [Google]
1483893718115.jpg
67KB, 586x700px
Ordered my very first sample, I am stepping into the frag world.
>>
>>12761053

WELCOME OwO
>>
>>12761053
what is it?
>>
>>12761053
you'll be welcome here if you cease posting these anime
>>
>>12761215
spicebomb

>>12761219
Juri is NOT anime
>>
>>12761220
>spicebomb

pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft well at least you tried
>>
>>12761223
I have no idea what I like because I haven't worn a any kind of cologne since I was 13 and that was axe, I think the grenade concept is goofy as heck but it got my attention so I'm gonna try it out and try to form a taste from there.
>>
>>12761230
you should have asked us first instead of buying garbage
>>
>>12761350

i'm asking you now what you think is a good first fragrance
>>
>>12761350
spicebomb is good you idiot
>>
>>12757934
just like every sheep ever. a nazi 80 years ago, a sjw today. cuck
>>
>>12758599
hello, drac
>>
pleb noses are real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw73zIxLa54
>>
>>12761230
Don't listen to that faggot. We got a bunch of artists and trolls here who will automatically shit on anything that isn't muh niche that smells like yogurt and burning tires.

Spicebomb is a solid pick.
>>
Is molecule 01 a meme

can it be an every-season every-situation fragrance?
>>
My father just unloaded a bottle of Boss (Boss Bottled?) EDT on me. It's nice. Not a "love", but for sure a "like". Nice to have another scent in the arsenal. And I think I've changed my mind on vanilla scents now.

>>12761220
>only one sample
shipping is going to eat the value of that, what the heck anon.
>>
>>12761399
eww
>>
>start getting into fragrances
>find out about all the reformulations and batch differences

nvm forget it
>>
>>12761645
yeah only if you're into DESIGNER PLEB TRASH

SUPERIOR NICHE NECTAR is what you're looking for, except Creed screw them
>>
Should I blind buy D&G The One EDP or is it a meme.
>>
>>12761858
It's a nice fragrance, but does have a very mainstream, safe feel to it. You've definitely smelled a good amount of guys who smell like this.
>>
>>12761908

>tfw only way to find something memorable and unique is to buy niche meme shit
>most of it is like $500 and girls think it smells like shit

what do pham. should i be a pleb and just stock up on sauvage/bleu de chanel/the one
>>
>>12761926
>pleb girls think it smells like shit
ftfy
>>
>>12761943

sorry bud but 99% of the girls you're wearing your fragrance for aren't gonna give a shit about your niche juice

and if you're not wearing your fragrance for girls then you're wearing it for guys
>>
>>12761960
No, you're wearing it for yourself. Have enough sense of self to do things that make you happy and express the way you feel about yourself.

>>12761926
Not so at all. Just broaden your options by going around shops smelling things and eventually you'll find something you like. There are literally thousands of fragrances to choose from, so have fun.
>>
>>12761926
>only way to find something memorable and unique is to buy niche meme shit
Don't fall for it. That's what they want you to believe. Cost ≠ quality
>>
>>12761998

do you have any suggestions for inexpensive unique and memorable fragrances since this is a fragrance thread
>>
>>12762000
Don't be so lazy, discover things for yourself is the point we're trying to make. If you're on;y prepared to take try the most basic of all-rounder fragrances then of course you're not going to smell 'unique' or 'memorable'. I'm really not sure what you think those words mean.
Try Comme de Garcons Wonderwood. Sold in fairly mainstream stores but have never smelled anybody wearing it.
>>
>>12762000

CdG 2 Man
>>
>>12762000
>unique
Before I do, let's look at that word. Of course you don't mean it literally, so what you really mean is you don't want "to smell like every other guy." Understandable. How many guys do you encounter in a day/week/month/year who actually wear fragrance? Of those, how many were wearing the same as another, or even something recognizable? And you at least have an interest in fragrance or you wouldn't be here. What about the average person who just wants to smell good or doesn't even care about it? My point is that even if you wear the most popular shit out there, hardly anybody is going to think anything other than "you smell good" or recognize it. So unless you're a member of the fragrance club, don't worry about it.

And as for recs, sex/season/weather/occasion/liked/disliked frags/notes/misc details?
>>
File: image.jpg (389KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389KB, 960x960px
New thread:
>>12748406
>>12762048
>>
>>12762049

i'm not really worried about unique as much, you get shit in this thread for liking "pleb designer shit" though

>sex
male
>season
i'm in southern california so even in the winter it's never truly cold, and it can be pretty warm on summer nights
>occasion
casual night out/in with friends, school, mostly
>disliked
if it's too synthetic or fresh/sporty like shower gel or something, i dunno. also because of where i live, except for the coldest winter nights i can't wear any frag too warm and cozy i guess
>>
>>12761459
lmao this guy thinks he is jeremy
>>
>>12762074

There is only one jeremy
>>
>>12761960
im wearing it for myself you absolute pleb jesus christ how much of a little pleb can you be
>>
>>12762100

>i'm wearing it for myself
>he actually expects people to believe this

haahahhhaahahahhhaaahhhahaahahahahhaha
>>
>>12761970
>>12762100
>>12762105
It's a part of my day. Even if I'm sat inside all day and don't come into contact with another human I'll spray something on.
When I go out, I pick something that fits my mood without thinking about who I'll be around. So yeah, I wear fragrances for myself.
>>
>>12762105
hey you fucking pleb if you wanna wear sauvage and tell the whole world you're a fucking pleb just like the pleb who smelled you and give him the sign you're part of the pleb family you do you pleb
>>
>>12762060
LA here. I feel you, but you can get away with a lot here, just nothing too thick/rich. I didn't ask budget, so here are some <$50 bottles that punch way above their weight:

360º Black or Red fM - white is good too, but too rich for SoCal.
Encre Noire Sport
Gucci pour Homme II
Salvatore Ferragamo pour Homme
Set Sail St. Barts for Men
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.