[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how common is it for modeling shoots to charge the models money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

how common is it for modeling shoots to charge the models money to do makeup? is that a sign that i should ignore them?

a guy who owns a boutique asked me if i would model for his store, theres a fitting next week and then for the shoot he told me that i should come wearing my own makeup or there would be a makeup person there but it would cost 30 dollars

if he's not covering makeup surely he isnt actually going to pay me, right? i should just bail?
>>
File: russian women.jpg (159KB, 972x1000px) Image search: [Google]
russian women.jpg
159KB, 972x1000px
>charge the models money to do makeup

Lol wtf? is this real life? Wtf
>>
>>12738796
ya i thought it was pretty weird but ive never modeled before so i didnt know if it was common or not

i figure he probably just trying to get girls who model for free just for portfolio work or whatever. i expected atleast a few hundred dollars but my expectations have dropped since he said that
>>
doesn't sound very professional to me
>>
>>12738800

tell him to go fuck himself
>>
>>12738800
Dude just ask how much he's paying
>>
>>12738788
yeah he's tryna rip you off at best and sexually assault you at worst
just fuck that guy, how did you even think to expect someone who doesn't even bother to tell you how much you'd make AND tries to charge you to pay for smth as essential to the job as make up to actually pay you fairly
>>
>>12738788
All that makeup jesus christ. She looks like a middle school art project.
>>
Tell em youll be there for $250 up front.
>>
If that is a common practice then it's incredibly stupid. Average models make shit pay in the first place.
>>
>>12739233
Its red carpet make up, it's supposed to look striking in full body shots that include the dress. And given the dress and the fact it's Lily Collins they've probably tried to go for the consumptive pretty vampire look for that outfit which it does pretty well, it's on brand for her. And if it was the critics choice awards that means it was in December, so glitter and heavier make up is normal.

I mean if you don't understand the thought process and intentions behind red carpet make up looks, that's fine. But she doesn't look like a middle school art project, and you know that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.