[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm making a /fa/ FAQ. Here's what I have so far:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: jfk.jpg (674KB, 760x820px) Image search: [Google]
jfk.jpg
674KB, 760x820px
I'm making a /fa/ FAQ. Here's what I have so far:

/FA/ FAQ (FOR NEWFAGS)

/fa/ encompasses all things which a person may use to alter their appereance in any way, for any purpose.

Topics discussed on this board will heavily revolve around clothing (individual pieces, full fits, brands, etc) as well as any aspects related to the fashion industry (designers, models, the production/modification of clothing, etc).

Alongside clothing, /fa/ is for topics regarding a person's appereance, and a person's image. This includes the body itself (hair, face, body), body modifications and accesories (jewelry, piercings, tattoos, etc), and any material possessions which may be tailored to a person's tastes (cars, interior designs, architecture, equipment, weapons, etc).

Discussion of the arts will be tolerated, so long as it has to do with the work's artistic value and how you may draw inspiration from it. This isn't /mu/.
>>
FAQ

>I'm new to fashion. What should I know?

Your tastes can only be developed over time if you're willing to dig deep. Look for inspiration from different sources, try to determine what you're hoping to accomplish, and how you plan on getting there. The more time you put into it, the more sincere your tastes will be.

>I'm new to fashion. What should I try to avoid?

If you spend more than you have, you will end up upset. Budget wisely. Having a few expensive pieces with a closet filled with cheap clothing looks odd.

If you spend money on clothing that only lasts you for a short time because of poor quality, you will be upset. Focus on quality over quantity, the clothes you have should last you for a fair amount of time.

If you let a board tell you what to do, there is a likelihood you may end up upset.

>What should my wardrobe consist of?

Generally depends on the person, but a universal foundation from which you can build on goes:

>HOME CLOTHING
>OUT CLOTHING
>PROFESSIONAL CLOTHING
>FORMAL CLOTHING
>ATHLETIC APPARREL
>CULTURAL & RELIGIOUS GARMENTS
>SPECIAL PURPOSE CLOTHING
>JEWELRY & ACCESSORIES

>I have X dollars. What do I buy?

If you're starting new, you should focus on basics above all else. These are the clothes you'll be wearing often, so be smart. If not, see above. Focus on quality.

>Is X effay?

We don't know. We can't say. Figure it out.

>Why does /fa/ hate X? Why doesn't /fa/ like the things I do?

Not everyone will agree with what you like, and it's likely that someone WILL shit on you for having different tastes. If /fa/ tells you to do something, you're not obligated to listen to us. Wear whatever you want. If /fa/ doesn't discuss what you're into, you're under no obligation to stay. You're free to look elsewhere for places better suited to your needs.

Lurk more. Think before typing. Look through the catalog. Look though the archives for content you otherwise wouldn't see.
>>
What would you add? What would you remove?
>>
>>12688431
it's hopeless, OP. just hopeless these days
>>
looks good op, make sure you tell them how to actually find inspo tho and what good inspiration is instead of just saying "look for inspiration"
>>
There is a sticky?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.