[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's one step down from a full black suit? (It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: suits.jpg (12KB, 248x251px) Image search: [Google]
suits.jpg
12KB, 248x251px
What's one step down from a full black suit? (It's an interview)

I'm probably going black suit but purple shirt and tie, but just wondering what options there are

Lose the tie and open jacket?
Lose the jacket, keep shirt and tie?
Sports coat black trousers shirt and tie?
Those feel a little too informal to me.

Maybe full suit but blue or grey instead of black? I don't have one at the moment unfortunately.
>>
Christ what a mess..
Dont wear a purple shirt and I hope the tie isn't purple as well

Get a dark grey suit or dark navy blue for such professional occasions and get a crisp white shirt instead

Also what is the interview about? You wan't to match the formality of the workplace
>>
>>12676470
>black suit
>purple shirt
>purple tie
you're a nigger aren't you
>>
imo black suits are appropriate only if youre japanese or dead (or near the one)
>>
>>12676470
Charcoal
>>
>>12676484
>Also what is the interview about? You wan't to match the formality of the workplace

Tech surrounded by scientists. So not super formal.

>Get a dark grey suit or dark navy blue for such professional occasions and get a crisp white shirt instead
I need one anyway I'll go get one.

Are dark coloured shirts really that bad, I thought it would tone down the "I'm going to a funeral" black and white look. It's an all day thing so I wanted the shirt to be one from my normal rotation to be comfy but I can do white
>>
>>12676524
Probably shouldn't go full suit with that and yes dark shirts are ass, read on what combinations and patterns that work together
>>
>>12676530
>Probably shouldn't go full suit with that

I'm not sure if there are some cultural differences where Americans would go more casual and Brits have all recommended to me that I keep the suit.

But if I want to tone it down would you lose the tie or the jacket?
>>
>>12676524
The problem with dark shirts are that they destroy the V created by suit jacket (you want to keep this as they emphasize the ideal male torso) so keep the shirt light always (though casual light navy shirts sans tie can work). Light blue shirts are almost never wrong and work with everything.
>>
>>12676534
Loose the tie, tie minus jacket are waiter tier garbage that fuckbois wear to try and look cool. Suit minus tie are good for more casual settings, a good idea is to keep the top two buttons on the shirt undone.
>>
File: jimmy.jpg (150KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
jimmy.jpg
150KB, 533x533px
>>12676542
>>12676550

Ok cool I'll pick up a grey suit and go white shirt. Failing that I'll go black suit lightblue / grey shirt or something, whatever looks good in the mirror. Nice neutral tie if any

Thanks
>>
>>12676574
For fuck's sake don't wear a black suit to an interview. Charcoal/grey or blue/navy.
>>
>>12676524
Dark shirts are horrible. You can definitely get something purple, but it either has to be a light shade like lavender or a tasteful and subtle pattern. Either of those add flare but patters are more risky and you're much better off with a white shirt. Charcoal and Navy are the most versatile options, but you could also go for light blue or grey if the environment is a bit more relaxed.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.