[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there's a noticable difference in quality when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1471301234001.jpg (94KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
1471301234001.jpg
94KB, 800x670px
Do you think there's a noticable difference in quality when it comes to sneakers from brands like Adidas, Nike or Vans and, let's say, H&M ones? I'm talking about plain, low top everyday sneakers, not about footwear designed specifically with sport in mind. I bought a pair of Stan Smiths a few days ago because I wanted a pair of plain white sneakers and they were on sale, but I still feel jewed.
>>
>>12659688

Anecdotal but I grabbed a pair of those UNIQLO U high tops on sale for $10. I was looking for new shoes and couldn't find anything I liked so I figured these would be an interesting stopgap. I wore them for a month straight and for the first time in my life, people came up to me and asked about my shoes. I decided fuck it, I'll see how long I can drag this out.

I've worn those UNIQLO canvas hi tops every day since February, and they're going strong.

So, a $10 pair of canvas sneakers have held up longer than 3 pairs of $70 Tretorn sneakers I've owned.

tl;dr stand are still in the price range where the quality stopped improving at 10$ and you payed extra for a brand. you got jewed but hey, you look like every Korean girl on Instagram now.
>>
>>12659688
I bought a pair of h&m slip ons and they were shit
>>
I used to buy the cheapest shoes I could find, and I walk and hike a lot so I tore those things to pieces, shreds would literally be hanging off what was left of the shoe. Especially the sole is really bad on cheaper shoes, after a few months you'll notice that the sole where your heel is sinks down and warps a bit, and water damage completely fucks them over
I have a total of 3 sneakers, an ultra boost for running, and two for walking/daily use (duramo7 and nike air zoom something something).
I can honestly say that there is a huge difference in quality, at least the China shit I was wearing before. But I guess it depends on how much you use the shoes, if you only walk to the grocery store and to class then maybe the 10$ shoes will last you a good while. But they didn't survive my abuse and so far the Nike, which I bought ages ago, has hardly a scratch on it, and that's after hours of hiking in mountains and forests, and daily use.
>>
>>12661163
>the Nike, which I bought ages ago, has hardly a scratch on it, and that's after hours of hiking in mountains and forests, and daily use.
There are ton of brands that used to produce robust footwear that would last you years, now they produce cheap shit that falls apart after a year, if not sooner. Doc Martens would be a good example. It all depends what you mean by "ages ago", maybe Nike used to produce quality shoes by then. That's why I posted this thread in the first place, I feel like we're surrounded by shit from Bangladesh and India, the only major difference is whether it has a brand logo on it. But quality aside, branded shoes usually have much better design and no name shoes are often tacky knockoffs or said brands.
>>
Adidas shoes are good damn awful. Complete 0/10. At least for my feet. They have way too much cushion.
Canvas sneakers are pretty cheap and have some decent quality ones.
Vans authentic/Parisian whatever cost less than 50$ and lasted me a couple years of beating them to shit. Comfy sole+heel. Mine only went to shit because I live in a swampy area and the sole wore so thin it got a hole and day now takes on water.

Converse also have a decent beater, little more expensive and definitely not for everyone. Your feet will hurt like shit until you bust them in.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.