[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a couple of minutes ago i wanted to start a thread about what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: thisisnotslowfashion.jpg (91KB, 960x630px) Image search: [Google]
thisisnotslowfashion.jpg
91KB, 960x630px
a couple of minutes ago i wanted to start a thread about what i want out of th way i dress, i was trying to articulate this in a succinct way and thought of looking up "slow fashion" because i thought others must have work on that already and apparently it's a thing ... but not about what i was thinking of: DIY skills regarding clothes, very long lasting items in term of look and toughness, might as well get weird and add "outsider parallel economy" based on trading those self made items.
a fashion for outsider type: anarchists, outdoors people, rural people, poor people, people who want a different economic model. The pic i posted have very little to do with any of this. What they are on about is exactly the kind of attitude that zizek likes to shit on with good reason.

so... yes, "slow fashion" ... i guess i should call it another name. anyone interested in this? What else should it address other than the things i named?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-fashion
brings up some good points that are relevant to what i'm thinking of but .. is it possible to escape fashion? an "anti fashion" aesthetic is still a fashion.

I should call what i talk about "end of fashion" to mirror the state of "end of history" we are in (we are not really at the end of history but what will change our current state will be quite radical so it's fair to act as it is) .

future-oriented fashionistas should drop their lame military-centric aesthetic and get on board with the program i talk about.

personally i favor minimalism and repetition but i guess there is no need for an uniform aesthetic to "the end of fashion": people who want to express themselves in a maximalist way could do it but it would be just more trouble.

A couple of practical elements of this fashion should be health and safety in general (economical, mental, physical) to offset as much as possible with one's humble clothes the troubles that comes with living in the late-stage capitalist economic context.
>>
I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about but it sounds interesting
>>
Only true anti fashion is neckbeard core
>>
But that would mean changing women's behavior and that's sexist.
>>
What about sustainability?
>>
Nothing you're talking about are new or unique ideas.
>>
>>12645595
there's no outside of capitalism (:
>>
>>12645745
why do you think they should drop the military aesthetic? Can you elaborate on that?
>>
>>12646992

OP wasn't saying that it was.

>>12645595

All I can think of is maybe getting in touch with your local crafts scene and raw material suppliers, start trading there. Hit up farmers's markets and festivals take cards show your own work maybe even sell some of it, maybe buy some of their shit then start conversations about trading work.
>>
>>12646975

that's one to add, yes. at the point we are at i guess it would be more relevant to recycle and recuperate than to make one's fabric from scratch. there are garbage bins full of clothes in every cities. at one point you got to make sure not to waste your time, but i guess the meaning of this is left to each of us to make.
>>
the irony is that the moment "anti-fashion" or "slow fashion" becomes an organized movement, it is a fashion in itself, i.e. a trend that people will mindlessly follow when and where it suits them

if you are a morally conscious human being you should already be doing many of these things without needing to identify yourself with some group. things like: not afraid of buying used, learning how to repair clothes, buying pieces that last rather than fall apart after a year, at least making some effort to avoid mass-manufactured chinese sweatshop items, etc etc
>>
>>12647020
i only have "soft" ideas about this right now, nothing "hard" but: military oriented fashion is like a costume , like a cowboy or a gangsta rapper or a clown , it comes with a pre packaged fantasy that is not really relevant to "the end of fashion" but i guess it could be included in small dose like any other trends or styles.

so there is that but also, politically, "the end of fashion" should be something that help us . military fashion is an intimidating image so it got that going for itself... but i'm thinking it's more important to do a mirror image of normies in general, maybe, only slightly distorted so criticism can germinate. i think we should put an emphasis on "anti stress" in colors and fabric since the 1%'s military industrial complex and the invisible hand that feeds it squeeze us hard enough as it is, there is no need to hurt ourselves unless we are masochistic.
>>
>>12647364

maybe the bulk of it should be like a DIY cargo-cult like parody of normie fashion in pastel colors. maybe that would look too cultish tho. "just the right amount of cultish" might be the key to all this.
>>
>>12646969
raises an interesting point.
Fast fashion as a business is largely able to function because of women that buy in bulk from h&m, zara etc.

>>12647364
I think your ideas are really interesting, but do you see your idea of anti-fashion/the end of fashion as a political act or more as a simple consumer movement opposed to mass production and wastefulness?
>>
>>12647364
disagree, most things that are anti utilize the same tactics or equipment as their oppressors, look at any warzone, insurgents use scavenged equipment, from friend or foe alike.
>>
>>12645896
What about Slavic gangster?
>>
>>12647438
>>12647364
>>12647331
a cult and the military are actually pretty similar, both rely on breaking your bonds with the outside world and removing your identity and autonomy. the ideology you see as setting yourself free is actually oppressive if done en masse.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.