[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you yellow/darken soles on white shoes. Considering making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1391922758755.jpg (300KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1391922758755.jpg
300KB, 1600x1066px
How do you yellow/darken soles on white shoes. Considering making a vintage off white/chalk color AF1.

Angelus cream paint will take care of the top leather portion, but it seems that the paint will not hold up on the midsole. I've heard marinating soles in black tea or coffee may work.
>>
>>12551617
mustard did the trick for me
>>
File: af1 yellow sole.png (157KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
af1 yellow sole.png
157KB, 500x522px
>>12551617
I heard people on /fa/ soaking them on tea, but I think all white af1 will end up like that eventually.
>>
>>12551617
They look kinda weird with the fresh laces
>>
>>12551617
wear them
>>
File: 1498110848479-528795731.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1498110848479-528795731.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Thrift
>>
First we need to understand what causes the yellowing of AF1 soles. Is it staining? No, it's too consistent for that. Every pair yellows essentially the same, regardless of use or if they've been stained

What causes the yellowing of the soles is oxidation. To expedite rubber degradation via oxidation, expose the sole to UV light

So leave the sole next to a sunny window or artificial light all the time.

You'll have to dye the upper.
>>
>tfw my af1's started yellowing from just being in my room
>>
>>12551918
Yup, every pair yellows. Regardless of use

There's a reason Dr. Dre wears a fresh pair every day

I wonder where the used ones go. Does he just chuck them out?
>>
>>12551922
probably donates them
>>
piss in them, it soaks into the insole and permeates into the outer sole
>>
>>12551922
Imagine being a "conscious" rapper lile Dre who cares that little about slave labor
>>
>>12551617
patience is the best, I bought some all white shoes about 2 years ago, they've yellowed beautifully. Also bought some onitsukas last year when they were full meme, aged well too.
>>
>>12552736
dres not a "conscious" rapper
>>
>>12551914
Main goal is to get the soles looking similar to a beige color like on the reebok vintage series. I'm gonna experiment with light soaking using tea and coffee
>>
>>12552736
in what fucking world do you live in where dre is a conscious rapper lmao what the fuck
>>
mine are beiging right now and I like it but I dread the day they become piss yellow like

>>12551673
>>
>>12551617
White on whites arent real leather anymore so the uppers age like shit. Just find a pair of 02 or older vintage.

The pair in OP pic is a 02 or older pair. Real leather and small toebox. Newer releases have massive bulky toeboxed and look like shit in comparison.
>>
>>12553093
then use tanning beds, same effect without looking cheesy as fuck
>>
>>12553678
Don't older pairs have a swoosh infront of the laces?

here op, https://warosu.org/fa/thread/10639550#p10639585
>>
tea works
>>
nice thread faggots
related questions :
how can i pretend i am taking drugs?
how can i wear my brand new clothes to look like a hobo?
how can i manage to be cooler than you?
also, i'd like to look like i don't give a fuck
help plz
>>
>>12554307
Thx for the insight
>>
>>12554307
1. everytime have the opportunity to say that u take drugs say it, make sure people know u take drugs, bonus points if u wear drug related wears or post every other 5 minutes how amazing was taking drugs last night in every social media account u have.
2. u don't, u are already a hobo if u wear clothes.
3. you can't xd
4. the perfect way to make sure everyone knows u don't give a fuck is to either use streetwear or nothing, they're basically the same thing.
there u go my man hope this helps :)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.