[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't he open his own label? Is he too retarded to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: Hedi-Slimane.jpg (105KB, 1024x573px) Image search: [Google]
Hedi-Slimane.jpg
105KB, 1024x573px
Why doesn't he open his own label? Is he too retarded to realize it would sell like hotcakes?
>>
>>12548930
I don't know but why does he pose like that on every fucking photo pisses me off senpai
>>
>>12548930
Good question, but on to some real fashion talk. Are vans sk8 hi's still /fa/, would I look dumb if I got tattoos like lil pump, and I am 28 and 5'4 is there a chance I can still grow?
>>
File: 1169315.jpg (92KB, 640x896px) Image search: [Google]
1169315.jpg
92KB, 640x896px
i believe it's part of his contract with Saint Laurent's non-compete agreement...

additionally, his own label wouldn't have the same 'heritage' or branding as YSL/SLP/SL... when you consider a very substantial amount of high-fashion customers buy things because they're rich, tasteless, just want the brand name, the amount of people who would buy his clothes on his own label are limited to those who are actually interested in fashion, and without clever marketing, wouldn't expand to get for example rich asians to buy it because there's no 'hype' outside of those who 'know'
>>
>>12548948
The answer to all of these questions is yes.
>>
>>12549049
Slimane's name is big enough to carry it's own heritage.

I 100% believe he'll be back within 5-10 years. He knows what he's doing.
>>
>>12548930
people dont understand how hard he worked for SLP, he was doing like 15 hour days every day for however many years

guy has now made shit tonnes of money and presumably wants to chill for a bit
>>
>>12549836
LMAO, how hard is it to keep making cosplay of the rolling stones outfits? im sure he got bored since the money isnt even appealing enough to continue and his shit is so derivative
>>
He's probably busy swimming in Kering lawsuit money and getting intimate with indie kids.
>>
>>12548930
He's getting his dick sucked by Kiki Williams and some 6'5'' thinspo boi pussy.
When he runs out of cash, he just works for 3-5 years in a maison.
Next he's going to chanel, but I see him in 10-15 years creating his own brand.
I need to start to play guitar in a crappy L.A. desert bar, so I can run for chanel when he gets in.
>>
File: 043 - dUFunRX.jpg (85KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
043 - dUFunRX.jpg
85KB, 500x750px
>>12549843
>>12549851

This.

His Kering lawsuit money is a fuck load, I think he got at least 12 million. For now it seems like he's doing photography and waiting for Karl to eventually hand him the reigns at Chanel. It's no secret Karl loves Hedi. Hedi has more than established himself both creatively and commercially, so it would make a lot of sense. It would be nice to see him doing haute couture at Chanel, before he left Saint Laurent he was going to re-open their haute couture line.
>>
>>12548930
He did ysl twice and Dior once.

He would burn out his 20+ year career of hype if a label under his own name came out and released collections season after season alongside saint Laurent

He would be better off renegotiating contracts in perceived value he can bring to established houses
>>
File: kiki.png (2MB, 933x929px) Image search: [Google]
kiki.png
2MB, 933x929px
>>12549851
*kiki willems
>>
>>12549049
I think that has nothing to do with the contract. Between dior and saint laurent, he stopped working for 5 years.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.