[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are watches out of style now? They used to be functional, therefore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1497094322621.jpg (4KB, 154x122px) Image search: [Google]
1497094322621.jpg
4KB, 154x122px
Are watches out of style now?

They used to be functional, therefore you didn't look like a try hard if you wore one, but now it's much more economical to just check your phone for the time rather than wear a watch because you're going to have your phone on you pretty much always.

>mfw try hard fags wear watches
>>
>>12538325
I'm sure very traditional brands such as Patek and JLC aren't going out of style. However casual watches tend to be very dynamic. I only associate very gaudy/loud watches to be try hard since it emphasizes the jewelry side so much over the practicality of what a watch is meant to do.
>>
>>12538334
Sure, I think high end watches (10k+) will always be in style because they're essentially jewelry for men, but wearing some cheapo watch (500-5k) just makes you look even poorer.

I feel like it's don't wear a watch until you're wearing a ultra high end brand.
>>
>>12538325

Watches are an ignored art. Wearing any watch at all is a statement in and of itself. Wearing a watch with any sort of purpose or intentionality puts you into a rarefied club of, essentially, male hobbyists.

Watches are not dead. It's another world, and if you've got some taste, it's a world that will add a whole new dimension to your style.
>>
>>12538325
but you need to whip out your phone to check the time, then put it away, while if you wear a wrist watch, you can just glance on it
>>
>>12538342

Nah bruh. If you're rocking a Seiko or a Hamilton or a Tissot or a vintage Omega or an Orient or a Stowa or a Nomos or a Tudor, people will understand that you know what you're about. You don't need ultra-luxury to make a statement. The difference between a $25 Timex Easy Reader and a $50 Seiko SRP is quite substantial. It's about what you know.
>>
>>12538325
>Are watches out of style now?

nope. where the heck do you get these assumptions from anyway? I doesn't make any sense.

>They used to be functional

they are just as functional as ever. again, what are you talking about?

the phone may be a time reading device too but lacking battery life makes it a bit inconvenient.
a quartz watch just runs and runs and runs. a mechanical one as well.
>>
>>12538325
grown men wear real watches (yes, they're going to be expensive).

Not all decisions in life are 'economical'.

If so, we'd all wear nothing but Old Navy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.