[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think this degree of thinness is fashionable? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Why do people think this degree of thinness is fashionable? I'm not even memeing. The super lankiness in fashion honestly just reduces it's models to a husk of what they could be. I know the focus is to be on the clothing, and the models to act as a human hanger, but still. The most fashionable body imo is a well built one that exhibits the beauty and raw power and symmetry of the male physique. And this is coming from a skinny guy.
>>
imo your opinion is shit
embrace the lankiness you self hating lazy bones
>>
tfw 6'0 150lb master race
>>
>tfw 6'2", 145 lb skeleton race
>>
>>12532486
Because this board is full of children who think being bony makes them look otherworldly or something. In principle it's fashionable but in practice fashion is much more than just your clothes. Being fit and healthy tends to engender a kind of fashion of its own. Some designers have their heads stuck so far up their own asses that they forget this fact, that somebody is supposed to -wear- the clothes in -real- life. The goal is to eventually bring the runway into real life, to improve our perception of other human beings through clothing. Runways are not supposed to be art galleries in my humble opinion.
>>
>>12532734
that's a retarded opinion anon
>>
>>12532672
>he thinks that's impressively skinny
>he thinks that's impressively tall
>he thinks that's impressively lanky

american manlets are the world's court jesters
>>
>tfw 6'1, 125lb

Twink masterrace bby
>>
>6'3" 140lb
>>12532754
damn bby im jealous
>>
>beauty and raw power and symmetry of the male physique
If you're heterosexual, it's funny that you wrote this
>>
>>12532734
Well simply said fashion is not for you then. That, or you're completely missing the point.
>>
>>12532486
It's really not rocket science. Skellys can't make sports teams, so they turn to fashion for social status.

See:

>>12532654
>>12532672
>>12532678
>>12532754
>>12532775

is what it is
>>
>>12532734
????????
>>
>>12532734
>>12532734
Yep.

And fit healthy masculine men, can have a full wardrobe and dress well without being trendy.

They don't need to be emacted and wear things like Rick Owens moonboots and shit.

And fit healthy masculine men aren't going to be lured into spending a fortune chasing this nonsense either.

Which is why the industry caters to what it does.
>>
>>12532734
Runways literally are art galleries my dude. Most designers don't actually sell the runway line clothing to the public, they sell a modified version that you can actually wear as a human. I think that it's fine for designers to have models with abnormal body types (ie super skelly) because the models are there to show off the art concept and to be a part of the formal presentation of the work. Individuals who decide to be incredibly thin and attempt to normalize a generally unhealthy and aspy looking body type simply don't understand that different individuals have different weights at which they will look their best (low body fat is generally necessary tho). Thinking that looking like part of a formal art piece is an attainable and intelligent goal to shape your daily look around is retarded. So I agree with you, but you're wrong
>>
>>12532897
This. /thread
>>
>>12532486

Runways are supposed to be an exaggeration of a concept.

In practice you take bits and pieces for inspiration and ideas.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.