[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /fa/ so against the 'jeans and jacket' look?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: faggot.jpg (24KB, 229x651px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
24KB, 229x651px
Why is /fa/ so against the 'jeans and jacket' look? What's this shit about never taking a jacket you bought as part of a suit and wearing it with jeans?
>>
>>12528922
it's like wearing a button down with sweatpants. It's tacky and looks weird. Don't do it unless you have 3 kids or you work in traffic court as an attorney and it's your day off
>>
blazer and jeans can be okay but only when they're meant to be casual-wear. suit jackets are meant to be worn with the suit pants they came with though, it'd be disgusting to try and pair them otherwise
>>
>>12528924
>suit jackets are meant to be worn with the suit pants they came with though, it'd be disgusting to try and pair them otherwise
But it's the same shit.
>>
>>12528924
Yep.

People need to stop with jeans and neckties too.
>>
>>12528928
No it's not, subtle difference change the formality, for instance, patch pockets vs jetted, fabric material, length, type of shoulder, ect.
>>
>>12528937
Maybe in 1980, no-one gives a shit anymore.
>>
File: 65c32255171e4808c986e9a7b4cc451e.jpg (120KB, 736x1118px) Image search: [Google]
65c32255171e4808c986e9a7b4cc451e.jpg
120KB, 736x1118px
absolutely nothing wrong with it as long as it's kept semi-casual
>>
>>12528937
Yeah. It looks ok with 'deconstructed' jackets.
>>
>>12528941
Lower level business sure, but once you get high up the corporate ladder, they care. Jacket with the odd trouser can work but jeans are near bottom of the formality scale.
>>
>>12528942
tom was so pure before science took control of his life
>>
>>12528922
looks like mainstream meteor
>>
>>12528928
>>12528941
You can't see the difference because you don't know shit about clothes. If you came here to challenge people who try to teach you fundamental basics, you'd be better off leaving this website
>>
>>12528942
holy shit his teeth.
>>
File: 1497237215010.jpg (68KB, 736x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1497237215010.jpg
68KB, 736x1118px
>>12529546
>>12528942
>>
>>12529546
holy shit your body dysmorphia.
>>
>>12528922

This look can be summed up pretty simply

it was thought up in a boardroom somewhere by corporate stooges who often use their looks as a method of manipulation
by combining more formal wear with casual wear they hoped to somehow give off an impression of being both intimidating yet also friendly
they want to tell you that they're just a regular old Joe like you but hey don't forget that they're also on a higher stratum of the societal hierarchy because they have a 3 figure salary and their job actually matters
the result: a silly little uniform that tells you everything you need to know about anyone who wears it although you could probably already have guessed by that time because the only place you'll even see it is at a press conference

unless this is who you aspire to be or perhaps already are I would recommend not wearing this
>>
>>12528922
it's not meant to be worn together. if something only looks good with jeans only if the jeans is slim fitted, then it's not meant to work together
>>
>>12528924
No. Blazer and Jeans are cringey and ugly. Literally no difference between a suit jacket and blazer.
>>
>>12529628
Men in suits are only intimidating if you work for them. No one is scared of some dork in a fucking suit on the street. They're just peacocking like women do and other men can see right through it.
>>
No. It will always make a guy look like a douchebag. And not the "cool douchebag" look like man buns. More like the "ugly douchebag" look like men putting blonde highlights in hair. Blazer and Jeans is the quintessential look for a late 30's creepy beta male who is balding and is pudgy with some mid management job .
>>
File: hedoslomano.jpg (28KB, 516x810px) Image search: [Google]
hedoslomano.jpg
28KB, 516x810px
>MUH FASHUN RULES REEEEE
l agree the op pic looks like shit but it can certainly be worn&look good
>>
File: alexoturnero.png (253KB, 340x566px) Image search: [Google]
alexoturnero.png
253KB, 340x566px
>>
File: skellolaurento.jpg (256KB, 1366x2048px) Image search: [Google]
skellolaurento.jpg
256KB, 1366x2048px
I can find a shitload more examples but I guess I proved my point already
>>
If jeans are acceptable, the setting is fairly casual. If the setting is casual wearing a jacket makes you look preppy, which is fine, but preppy fits look way better with different pants.
>>
>>12529661
>>12529663
those work because the jeans are high quality and the colors are fitting.
>>12529659
doesn't work at all. Jeans fit like shit, color doesn't match, they are too skinny for him.
>>
File: pOOGzBD.jpg (65KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
pOOGzBD.jpg
65KB, 624x480px
>>12528922

>2000s normie fashion
>>
>>12529651
Fuck I just bought a sports jacket because I wanted that look but you got me self conscious as fuck. No wonder the store owner didn't select any jeans for me and kept handing me chino's he must have known too but was too polite to say anything.
I dodged a bullet that's for sure.
>>
>>12528922
OP, that's not a suit jacket. that's a casual blazer. Big difference in material and length
>>
Jeans and jacket is great for a casual affair, they only look bad in a formal setting as they come off as some half assed attempt to pass as formal.

This board is mostly some 18 year old "dank streetwear" types so I can see how it wouldn't suit most here, but in general it's a good look for anyone 20+
>>
File: BigStar.jpg (309KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
BigStar.jpg
309KB, 1024x1024px
It can look good if you know how to look good
>>
>>12528922
It has to be a sports jacket and the occasion should call for jeans more than dress pants.

The most common of mistakes is using a suit jacket with jeans and whatever the fuck you normally wear without the suit jacket.

/fa/ hates fashion faux-pas more than anything, certainly more than the combo
>>
>>12528922
You will look like german manager
And that's bad thing
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.