[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting a new job as a high school teacher in the fall,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

I'm starting a new job as a high school teacher in the fall, and we're expected to dress at least one level up from jeans daily.

What should I wear? Particularly to get that English professor core?
>>
Theyre fucking high schoolers, just wear a button up and slacks you tryhard
>>
>>12523584
Pls leave

>>12523580
You posted inspo.. Just apply it. Knitted sweaters or cardigans. Not rocket science mate.
>>
>>12523580
Hi Giles
>>
tweed is your friend
>>
You need to dress in a way that says, "Shut up and behave you nogs, I'm smarter than you"
>>
File: 324213`1.jpg (51KB, 520x730px) Image search: [Google]
324213`1.jpg
51KB, 520x730px
>>12523580
Well you'll obviously would want to stand out in a subtle way from your colleagues. If you attempt to go with the full-blown professor look, then you'll probably be seen by both your students and faculty as a pretentious try-hard.

>We're expected to dress at least one level up from jeans daily.

Personally speaking, I would place yourself into a position where you could one day come in to work looking like pic related. If you look good enough while wearing the jeans, are good at your job, and exude confidence whenever you're talking to your students, then you'll automatically gain a ton of respect from most of your students & faculty. Sure, you're going to fill someone who works there with disdain for breaking the dress code; however, it's a very subtle way to show that you'll dress the way you fucking want to, because you know that you look good while doing it.

I'd advise against wearing a tie and dressing yourself up. Instead, you should get a couple pairs of flat-front khaki chinos, a nice light colored pair of wingtip oxfords, a leather belt that matches the shoe color almost exactly, and a couple of button downs & polos that're tailored to fit.

Then you could introduce different colors of pants, like a dark olive, into the rotation to wear around the change of season. You could find a pair in tweed. I would also sanction a few days out of the year in between Fall & the start of Spring in coming to work looking like your pic. I just wouldn't wear the tie every day.

Just look through some Men's seasonal fashion catalogues like Ralph Lauren for inspo.
>>
>>12523580

>male teacher

gl with the rape accusation. dress like pic related
>>
>>12523885
Where the fuck did you attend high school that teachers could dress like that?
>>
My high school English AP teacher wore Polo everything, Button down, slacks, socks, and shoes. He was honestly the most respected teacher because of that and his no bullshit attitude.
>>
>>12524224
Not that poster but I went to a magnet school for arts, academics, and technology in the USA. A few of the teachers got away with a similar look. A few had visible tattoos. Some never wore anything professional looking the 4 years I was there
>>
File: 1495997996365s.jpg (35KB, 174x201px) Image search: [Google]
1495997996365s.jpg
35KB, 174x201px
>>12523885

w2c sweater
>>
>>12523580
They will literally laugh at you
>>
>>12524224
privilege detected

my highschool had no dress code

my science teacher generally wore whatever random ass tshirt he whipped out of his closet with baggy nylon pants

my math teacher always wore random flip flops with bootcut jeans

the point is public school teachers can basically wear anything that won't get them a sexual harassment suit
>>
>>12524326
Eh. Depends hugely on district. Like my friend in Oregon can teach wearing a full sleeve tattoo. But the district in East Texas my mom teaches in never lets you wear jeans, even for inservice.
>>
Here you go OP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.