[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone work at a high end fashion store such as LV, Gucci

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Does anyone work at a high end fashion store such as LV, Gucci or a department store like Saks or Barneys? What's it like? Do you have to wear your own really nice clothes? When I went to Saks in New York all the employees were wearing insanely nice clothes.
>>
You get paid the same shit tier wages as a Walmart employee. The location you went to is probably unique because it's New York where people from.all over the world go to shop.
>>
what i dont understand is how these companies stay a float (hermes, louis v, prada, gucci, etc) i was in Hong Kong the other day and this type of high end stores are literally every block, yet they remain empty. what i am missing
>>
>>12502799
I would assume they make enough sales for it all even out. If one person were to buy a Gucci tee for $350 it would be the equivalent of H&M selling 70 tees.
>>
>>12502799

infinite shelf life (leather bags don't spoil like food), minimum wage labor, online sales to offset fixed cost of rent, high pricing power of goods
>>
I know a guy who runs an optical shop, neat little place with an interesting assortment of frames. To date, I have never seen a customer in his shop. Ever. Not once. Most of the time he's just dicking around on FB.

I've only ever met one of his customers, and they had a receipt handy. They paid 1.6k for a single pair of glasses there. If I got my hands on one of his invoices I guarantee you the amount charged to him by his supplier would not exceed $400.

To put it simply, the store markeup and dumb rich people that think expensive is a quality in itself means that these stores thrive basically by fleecing their dumb asses. It's cushy, it's NEET-lite, you're on the clock but most of the time you can just dick around.

>>12502819
They don't spoil, but when stock turns over and articles become out of season their value drops sharply. Rich people don't like it when things are not current.
>>
>>12502766
I used to work at an SLP store and you got an allowance for clothing to wear on the job, probably isn't like that for stores like LV or department stores that carry many brands. Employee discount is another reason, especially on top of sales since you can basically save the good shit for yourself.
>>
>>12502832
my guess is that they have a tinny inventory that is basically traveling around the world to less trendy cities until is sold
>>
>>12502839
why you dont get it at a discount and then resale it online or something
>>
>>12502853
the optical shop or the shops OP mentioned?
>>
>>12502832
sounds like a dream job
>>
>>12502862
Why not yourself do it? Unless one is in the downtown of a big city most time for an optician is downtime, and uptime can be pretty neat.
Like shit, one of the shops down the street from my home had some silly sunglass sale outside their store for their ray-bans, and legit the employees were downing beers with customers on the clock.
I didn't know I was looking for a new job until that moment. I thought I had it good, how wrong I was.
>>
>>12502862
I'd be afraid of getting robbed though
>>
>>12502799
all it takes is one rich idiot to drop a couple grand in one trip for the store to make decent money
>>
>tfw will never open a high-end fashion boutique specializing in avant garde
>>
>>12502766
Gucci employee here. We're all given clothes. You get 2 suits, 2 ties, a few shirts, a belt and a pair of shoes. All Gucci but it's really borrowed since you have to return it all once you leave the company. I get paid $16/hr with %3 commission on all sales except for ready to wear which is 3.5. It's not a bad gig. The expectations and standards are high. As long as you can follow rules and meet your sale goals, you should be fine. Like another anon said, though the stores may seem empty at times, they do get busy and everyone sells a lot. All it takes is a few niggers a day to buy nigger stuff or a few bags and you're golden.
>>
>>12504446
how do you even get a job at a store like that? walking in and asking for an application seems weird as fuck in a high end store lol
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.