[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any designers on /fa/? My family business is in clothing manufacturing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3104.jpg (256KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3104.jpg
256KB, 736x981px
Any designers on /fa/?

My family business is in clothing manufacturing, and lately I've been thinking of starting a little project on my own, sourcing a few designers and give them some parameters to create a small line of sweaters for the coming winter.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this kind of thing? Also, as fans (and consumers) of fashion, how attractive is it really when you see this kind of product (i.e., good quality yarn, cutting, style, for a medium-low price)? Not so interesting? Or buy?
>>
>>12501396
Basically a company that places most of the creative control in the hands of designers but obviously using materials we can source cheaply so we can afford to take a chance on newer voices.

Anyway anons let me know what you think, all viewpoints welcome
>>
dunno but someday i would like to make a line of black avant-garde/futuristic minimalist clothing because i cant find anything like it and thats how i would want to dress
>>
>>12501396
Just anecdotically, the average consumer doesn't notice things such as good quality material and nice cuts. But your market won't be the average consumer since you won't even reach them, they'll keep buying HM and asos.

>Also, as fans (and consumers) of fashion, how attractive is it really when you see this kind of product (i.e., good quality yarn, cutting, style, for a medium-low price)? Not so interesting? Or buy?
It's a buy of course. Better quality over bad quality, money is less important. A lot of people think that way. Otherwise brands like APC wouldn't exist because they wouldn't survive.

I'd do well designing sweaters (or anything else too). If you need someone you can contact me at funky9982 at gmail dot com
>>
>>12501537
>make a line of black avant-garde/futuristic minimalist clothing
Fucking_18_year_olds_that_found_fa_two months_ago.webm
>>
>>12501396
everything is about positioning.

you make something that's about it's specs more than it's style, then you have nerds paying attention i.e., not stylish, i.e., not going to push the brand forward.

You sell it on it's qualities, what it says about a person, you'll have a good go of it. (I think. I'm a designer, barely, so luck to you).
>>
>>12501537

>can't find anything like it

lol bait
>>
>>12501820
lol shut up
>>
>>12501826
>>12501806
plenty of shit that might look similar to my description but in fact nope i hate rick owen type looking shit and stuff like acronym im not exatcly fond of
>>
>>12501396
I'ts more about the aura you manage to create around the product than the product itself
>>
>>12501820
that's a lot of words to say literally nothing at all
>>
>>12501904
This resonates with me. Thank you. I wonder about the creative control I will have given the fact that the project is really about giving a couple of younger fashion designers their shot. I guess if they are talented it'd be cool. Maybe I should choose one designer so it's more cohesive?
>>
This is OP. Thanks everyone for your opinions. Some vicious snark going on - it's not me by the way, so please keep telling me what you think, doesn't matter if the idea seems half-baked or underdeveloped.
I like the elegant brands that seem to seamlessly encompass all these different styles, but I like to the loudness of branding of certain newer companies. Do you guys feel that "loudness" is obnoxious if it is something new?

I'd like to do some fun stuff like mixing and matching tropes or doing "inappropriate" things like: having the logo embroidery in the armpit area or something silly.
>>
>>12501940
loudness in logo placement or branding is not necessarily a bad thing if you're trying to get something off the ground, and frankly I find it more obnoxious when established houses cover shit in logos than a start-up
>>
>>12501940
being unconventional is fine but loudness=no
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.