[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fa/ places to live. is Brooklyn effay? what are some other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 36

File: image.jpg (106KB, 630x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 630x472px
/fa/ places to live.

is Brooklyn effay?

what are some other /fa/ places to live?
>>
no Brooklyn is not effay get out were sick of gentrifiers
>>
>>12473998
>were sick of gentrifiers
Yes
>>
>>12473998
why do people from NYC think they are so much better than everyone else and everyone in bk think they are better than everyone in the city?

whats the deal with you guys? is the shitty air down there getting to you?
>>
File: 1494198976799.jpg (15KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1494198976799.jpg
15KB, 217x190px
>>12474012

>Goodgoodletthehateflowthroughyou.gif
>>
>>12474012
It's not that we think we're better it's just everything is getting worse and worse as more new people move in. It's impossible to ignore. Everywhere I went as a kid is now a chipotle.

Also people who grew up in manhattan definitely think they're better than everyone else in the city can confirm.
>>
>>12474026
Even the Nets are getting fucked.
>>
>>12473979
You missed Brooklyn by several years. Everyone who went there to party now has two kids and shops at Whole Foods.
>>
There are plenty of legit spots in BK if you know the right people and know where to look. My favorite part about living here is that if you feel like going out it doesn't matter what day of the week it is. You can find a place to party or just hang out until the early morning, any time of the week. Also, I didn't move here, I was born here.
>>
File: 1494296520123.jpg (74KB, 807x802px) Image search: [Google]
1494296520123.jpg
74KB, 807x802px
>>12473998
>he actually lives in brooklyn
>>
>>12474220
>he can't afford brooklyn
>>
you're all faggots
>>
>>12474221
>he doesn't want to pay $3000 a month for a glorified prison cell

lol
>>
>>12474225
So he was right then. Thx for confirming.

Btw there is plenty of spacious living space in BK.
>>
>>12474026
this, people from manhattan are elitist scumbags
>>
>>12474220
and what town do you live in? I'm sure it's so much better
>>
>>12473998
I don't know, I kinda like it. There's a fucking Dunken Donuts right next to my train stop now. Feels pretty good.
>>
Rotterdam is fire
>>
>>12474511
>like dunken dounts
pls, off yourself to clean the human bloodline.
>>
>>12473979
|
|>
|

Brooklyn is Jew HQ.
>>
>>12474012
>Wondering why people want to live in the fashion capital of the richest country in the world on a fashion imageboard
ABSOLUTELY WHEW
>>
>>12473979
Yes goy just stay there fuck out of Manhattan
>>
>>12474026
You know literally everyone everywhere thinks their neighborhood was better in the past? This is a scientifically documented phenomenon my man.
>>
>>12474563
I don't know if you've actually been to NYC, but it's a major shithole unless you are the richest of the rich. It's not as bad as someplace like Philadelphia, but its relevance is the only redeeming factor.
>>
>>12474561
thats why you need to get there and start networking!
>>
>>12474576
kinda true of any major city though, right?
>>
Basic rundown
>tokio gaijin with small but good apartment, part of an expat community
>rich western student living in a paris 19th century haussmann apartment falling apart
>jewish businessman/banker or economist in nyc or london (otherwise not worth it)
>boston tech worker
>>
>>12474566

That's true, but also you can't deny gentrification in places like London and Brooklyn.
>>
South London
>>
>>12474563
what are you talking about? no where in that post is asking why someone would want to live there but rather why everyone that does is such a shit head about it
>>
>>12474588
Yeah but some cities are pretty nice and have the benefits without the drawbacks.
>>
>>12474576
>richest of the rich.

If we're being realistic here, this is not accurate. You can be just relatively well off and reap much of the benefits of living in BK. This includes enjoying nice neighborhoods like Park Slope, Boerum and Cobble Hill, Wburg, parts of Greenpoint. Then there is all the live music and nightlife that doesn't require being super rich to enjoy.

Also Prospect Park is a gem, and is free.
>>
>>12474601
Yeah but for the most part gentrification means more jobs and less crime. If you want to "preserve" your culture open a museum ...
>>
LA is unironically the most effay city in the US right now
>>
>>12474557
I don't know, I'm still enjoying myself.
>>
>>12474752
hp is
>>
brooklyn has to be, without hyperbole, the LEAST fa place on the planet
>>
>>12474492
id rather live in fucking idaho than brooklyn
>>
>>12473979
Brooklyn is pretty sleepy and desu every time I go to NYC/Brooklyn its smells like absolute ass.
More specifically rotting garbage, because the city was invented without dumpsters or some shit.
>>
my friend moved to bed-stuy and it seemed like shit
>>
>>12474026
Immigration is the soul of america, fa m. Even trump said it, so it must be true
>>
What about pittsburgh ? I'm a thirdworlder thinking about moving there. Or seattle.
>>
File: 8586860998_45d4d8ba95_b[1].jpg (260KB, 1024x479px) Image search: [Google]
8586860998_45d4d8ba95_b[1].jpg
260KB, 1024x479px
>New York: If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!

>Las Vegas: You won't make it here.

Please, hipsters. Move here and bleed money. As a show of our gratitude, we'll step over, instead of on, your body when you're a burn out lying on a walkway on The Strip.
>>
How does Las Vegas even continue to exist in teh age of online gambling? Who the fuck goes for that type of kitschy vacation?
>>
ANYWHERE with no non-whites or at the very least a low percent of non-whites compared to whites.
>>
Tokyo, Prague, Budapest

The few /fa/ cities that retain an identity and aren't third world shitholes
>>
>>12475229
Boomers, dudebros, and blacks and Mexicans vacationing on a budget.

People from all over the country move here hoping for work and cheap housing. People in poverty scrape together some moving money for one last throw of the dice, career bartenders and service staff come for the lifestyle, fuck ups and malcontents come here to start over, and for some god damn reason, we get hipsters. Lots of hipsters, mostly downtown. Unlike in Brooklyn and other eastern cities, they're not really pricing out the poor and working class (there's so much empty housing stock in Vegas, you've got Section 8 renters living in new, two story homes. No shit). So unlike the New Yorkers here, I personally encourage every suspender wearing, stick armed, bearded, ukulele playing Braiden and armpit haired, women studies major, caramel cappuccino slinging Ashlyn to come out to Fabulous Las Vegas and try your luck.
>>
File: 8401041720_afcb8d1cbd_b[1].jpg (232KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
8401041720_afcb8d1cbd_b[1].jpg
232KB, 1024x578px
>>12475236
...West Virginia is /fa/?
>>
Is Cambridge, UK /fa/ or just boring academic dad-core?
>>
>>12475265
Fuckin' England, man. Here in the states, if something was made before the '30s, it's a registered historical landmark. You guys live in 300 year old houses like it's just a normal fucking thing. Best insult I've seen one of you Limeys throw at a yank:
>"I have furniture older than your country."
>>
>>12475236
Lol explain new york and LA then. Compare them to an all-white small county. All-white environments are always pale and quiet and grey and depressing. Colored people make them more colorful and lively
>>
>>12474798
What is hp
>>
>>12475140
Immigration refers to moving to a foreign country

Transplanting is the thing that he's talking about, that's moving from one city in a country to another, a.k.a. from a flyover state to NYC for its "relevancy". What a fucking awful reason to move anywhere.
>>
>>12475265
I grew up there, now I'm at uni in Oxford

What do you want to know
>>
File: Captureeee.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Captureeee.png
3MB, 1600x900px
>>
>>12475060
the garbage system in nyc is god awful
>>
>>12475440
I'm starting my PhD this year at Cam. I got assigned to some small college mostly for grad students. I'm a little afraid of a social side of my stay there, since as far as I understand, I won't make much friends at the college because everyone will be focused on their PhDs. Is there any life to live besides colleges there? Are there any /fa/ venues there? Do colleges integrate anyhow between each other? In that way maybe I could find some cool undergrads to stick with.
>>
>>12475479
Firstly, if you want to do a PhD then forget being /fa/ - the only students who can/are are humanities, because they have enough time to go to events, plays, concerts, clubbing etc. Postgrads and most STEM are in their own worlds, focusing on careers, internships, 9am lectures (well done them, I imagine)

Also, don't expect much from a post-grad college - it'll be full of the aforementioned people, highly driven yet utterly boring. If you want to make an effort to be cultural and /fa/, then go to poetry/literary seminars, go to plays, get involved in the ADC, go to the better kinds of pubs (Millpond and Maypole).

Colleges don't 'integrate', particularly, and MCRs tend not to interact with JCRs as well. Also, Cambridge is notoriously poor for clubbing, which is where you'll find anyone /fa/ there - my advice would be make friends with some cool undergrads, have fun, and get your PHD

I'll assume you're unfamiliar with Oxbridge - it's a very decent place to live if you're into an academic sort of life, but if you want to be /fa/ and edgy then only Bristol, Edinburgh, or London will really do it
>>
>>12475285
not true as europe and the U.S. were both like 80-90% white in the last century and they were still lively
>>
>>12474673

>North Brooklyn

God you sound like a fucking faggot. Go back to ohio please.
>>
>>12473979
NYC is a major shithole.

Yeah it's true you can live in a nicer area but why build a nice home in a shithole.
>>
>>12475285
Fuck off. I live in New York and it would be significantly better if half the colored people died overnight.
>>
>>12475224
las vegas was fun as fuck but I can't imagine living there

do locals ever go to the strip? or is it like New Orleans where locals never go to the French Quarter?
>>
>>12474225
im paying 650 for a huge as room lol
>>
>>12475690
Spoken like a true New Yorker, you mick bastard. Go hit your wife.
>>
>>12475714
My parents live there, it's actually super noce off the strip and locals get discounts and rewards in tons of places. Chinatown is cool as fuck and Vegas has the BEST good hands down, and shopping is also top-tier.
>>
>>12475722
Sorry BEST FOOD***
>>
>>12475690
> nearly 75% of Brooklyn was an inhabitable crime ridden shit hole. A few sections still are.

>white people come and kick out the niggers
turning it it nice

omg colored people add so much flair
>>
File: charleston_header_image[1].jpg (182KB, 613x215px) Image search: [Google]
charleston_header_image[1].jpg
182KB, 613x215px
>>12475714
Locals like to talk shit about the strip but always end up there anyway. I love the people watching. The Strip has its own accent. You take copious amounts of alcohol, talk over the crowd noise, and add this devil may care attitude. The vowels become elongated, diction gets sloppy, volume increases, you don't quite close all the way on words ending in hard consonants, and then punctuate sentences with monosyllabic exclamations. "Fuggin', less juss go ta Hakkasan then. WAAAH!" And now you're speaking Vegas.

I go to the strip less than most, because I don't work there. Until recently, I was a welfare social worker. It colored my whole perspective on this place. Maze like, cheaply made apartment complexes, shady weekly motels, and houses that were nice forty years ago with bars and security doors on them. That's what I think when I think Vegas. Pic related. If you end up in a Siegel Suites, something has gone horribly wrong in your life.
>>
>>12475718
Excuse me I'm more than just Irish, I'm also Italian, German, and Polish.

So like most Americans, mixed European.
>>
>>12475333
So what if a person just wants to live somewhere where it suits his kind of soul ? Like what if i'm a village kid who likes cities and be able to live in cities ? Please don't be against moving out. America is fine it's still the best country in the world.
>>
>>12475778
Or as we in Europe call it, 'white'. You guys with youre fuggin fractions ancestry lol
>>
>>12475538
America is getting more and more diverse and it's also getting more and more vibrant and bohemian and, just, look at hipster places and lifestyle there's no way it could happen without nonwhites. New york and casey neistat and indie scene is what makes me want to move there and as a thirdworlder i WILL move there. Literally the only reason that keep me alive (to work and save up for moving out). I've never had a happy youth and when i watch movies it just makes me want to have all that youth thing. Moving to NY is literally the only thought that excites me. Nothing else i want to do in life other than moving out living there surrounded by people with the same intellect as me. Here, i'm like the best, i'm probably the only one who knows 4chan and idk, i deserve a better society. Better styled to suit the kind of person i am.
>>
>>12475791
That was kinda my point, most Americans are so far detached from their European ancestry it's pointless calling them names that only their great great grandparents were called.
>>
>>12475791
Nationalism is natural. It more natural for people to have a sense of collectiveness based on countries rather than race. Like "ay you're from ireland too ? Nice". No one's like "hm that guy is also white like me, i hope he's okay, i don't care if nonwhites are hurt though, as long as the white guy is okay". If you are like that, you have mental illness like communists. Believing deeply in unnatural stuffs like racial collectivism or "no profit no private properties" like come on, private property, profit, and competition is human nature, just like nationalism (NOT ethnic nationalism).
>>
>>12475792
I've only seen one Cased Neistat video but I've lived in NYC my whole life and let me tell you it's not like in his videos. No one but him and others like him live that kind of life. I'm not saying you won't be happy living in a 1st world country but you aren't going to find what you're expecting.
>>
>>12475781
Then move to Des Moines, Tulsa, St. Paul, Denver, or whatever your nearest metropolis is. You'll find lots of variety and excitement but with cultural similarities that you take for granted. If you jump straight from your village to the biggest city in the entire country, I promise you it will be overwhelming.

I went from a city of 30,000 in Oklahoma to Las Vegas metro area with its two million people. It has changed me, mostly for the worse. I'm a colder person than I used to be, don't greet people, don't make eye contact, I'm depressed, often homesick. It got to where I never left my house without my gun on. I don't have that gun anymore because I put it to my head. A relative took it while I work on therapy... I want my gun back. Fuck this city.

I'm digressing; point is had I jumped from my little home town to the NY-NJ-PA metro area of twenty million fucking people, I would've lost my god damned mind.
>>
>>12475808
Look, i don't even like going out that much. But at least everywhere i go, i can relate to everyone else. I don't go out communicating with people here, i'm always in my room on the internet and all that hours i spent in american based medias like 4chan or youtube etc etc. It makes sense that i have some sort of attachment to american culture more than my ethnic culture and being a nonwhite bathed in 4chan, i lost the sensitivity of ethnic collectivism like i believe no one should feel that way to people of their own race.
>>
>>12475813
There's only one culture, american culture
>>
>>12475818
Guess what, I live in New York and I'm the same way. Moving here won't fix that problem, but daily life might be nicer depending on where you're coming from.
>>
>>12475820
why would you purposely deprive yourself of nuance
>>
>>12475823
>but daily life might be nicer

That's all i need tb h. I don't have any idea of 'a better life', i just want my routine soulless days to be nicer. Idk what i want in life except i nice looking/feeling daily routine. It's like constantly fixing and cleaning your lambo but never really drive it, that's all i'm passionate about, i'm not passionate about driving my lambo.
>>
>>12475827
America is not like indonesia where different states have different traditional language, tribe, traditional attire, etc etc. From east to west, north to south, america is very homogeneous and like there's no different cultures only american culture. Everytime i watch people driving 300 miles away, the destination still looks like the same place.
>>
>>12475265
gay pricks live there mate
>>
>>12475305
highland park
>>
>>12475832
spoken like a true flyover
>>
>>12475610
Well shit, what an excellent point you made there. I completely take back everything I said.

>kys
>>
>all these poor and untalented fags calling the greatest city on the planet a shithole

Even the dirtiest grimiest blackest neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Manhattan can be walked through at night if you are white and in a group. Plus these areas are only a fraction of what they were in the 90s.
>>
>>12473998
so you're sick of people improving your living conditions?
>>
>>12475285
confirmed for never having lived in or even visited new york
if brooklyn was just italians irish and poles (jews don't count) it might not have been such a dump until the gentrification
>>
> any American city
>/fa/
fuck off Americuck
>>
>>12475778
so basically mongrel like every Americans
>>
>>12474557
>Hurr Hurr
Hop off, dude
>>
File: IMG_2745.jpg (511KB, 1938x1292px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2745.jpg
511KB, 1938x1292px
Savannah, GA
>>
>>12476178
>>12476184
O B S E S S E D
>>
File: MontrealCobblestone-3090.jpg (300KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
MontrealCobblestone-3090.jpg
300KB, 1024x768px
Montréal
>>
>>12476227
Lovely.

Texas seems like the most /fa/ state in the US and the one I'd like live in.

t. Finn who's never been to Burgerland
>>
>>12476054
I'm a thirdworlder but i come from a nonbarbaric country and i was born in a pretty rich family so i'm superior to those second class mongrels like africans
>>
File: EastPassyunk.jpg (14KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
EastPassyunk.jpg
14KB, 275x183px
Philly Is becoming pretty effay. Nowhere near as expensive as NYC or Boston either
>>
>>12475257
Drove through WV and Eastern Kentucky last summer. Most depressing places I've ever been to, seriously Subsaharan-AfricaCore
>>
>>12473979
The West Village is the most fashionable area to live in NYC right now. Also extremely expensive

>>12473998
Gentrification is the natural consequence of a place and the land/properties/spaces in it becoming more valuable. Manhattan is one of the most desirable hence expensive places in the country to live now. Like, certain areas are sanctioned off for the uber-wealthy. No surprise that middle/upper-middle class people have turned to Brooklyn.

Yes, it sucks for the lower-income people who live in the area as they are essentially pushed away (unless they own property, in which case they've hit the jackpot), but the opposite scenario also sucks, for a middle-class area to turn to shit.
>>
>>12475285
>literal vibrant diversity meme

Not him but hahahaha
>>
>>12475462
Wicker Park is the most hipster place on the planet but I love it nonetheless. The Wormhole is still the coolest coffee shop I've ever been to.
>>
>>12475491
And what about these sport activities like rowing or sailing team? Are there as well MCR/JCR divisions and it is not worth to bother with if you're a grad student? It seems like a nice social activity in Cambridge.
>>
>>12476414
why do people want to live with their own people ? i'm sick of my own people and i don't care what kind of people that live around me as long as they hold the same values that i hold, which is individual freedom, capitalism, etc etc all that libertarian stuffs. now, where can i live in such stuff if not america ? certainly not here where i currently am living, a third world country
>>
>>12474673
people like you are the same people who like bukowski
>>
>>12475792
>Here, i'm like the best, i'm probably the only one who knows 4chan and idk
Just end it dude.
>>
Who /chicago/ here?

Been here 9 years since I was 18 and moved out of my shithole small town. I like it and it's much more affordable to live in than a place like NYC. I'm not going to compare it to NYC, but Chicago still has a lot going for it.
>>
Is LA good?
>>
File: 1494442767497.jpg (1MB, 1996x1368px) Image search: [Google]
1494442767497.jpg
1MB, 1996x1368px
>>12476470
let's just be real here, i'm probably the best educated in this third world country in terms of music taste, fashion taste, political opinions (i frequent pol), memes, etc etc. everytime people here (no matter how successful and happy they are) pull up some old unfunny memes from 7 years ago and everyone else laughs or relate to him, i feel superior to all of them. none of them even knows reddit. i'm superior to all of them because i've passed reddit phase when they haven't even touched reddit.

see how i deserve america now ? also i probably can debate all of them about things. i frequent alex jones and rebel media and pol etc etc, they all probably still frequent buzzfeed and some local media. i don't even listen to local music i listen to jazz and prog rock
>>
>>12476287
Savannah is in Georgia, not Texas friendo.
Texas is not /fa/ - too hot and mostly filled with shitty people outside of certain areas.
Most /fa/ state are on the coasts, not the middle of the country.
>>
>>12475717
Not that guy but where? I used to live in prospect park but moved to LI thinking about moving back to Brooklyn
>>
>>12476424
>come to /fa/ to escape autists in my college at ox that only participate in rowing and no other social activity
>people talking about rowing on /fa/

REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>12476493
I know, the file name even says so. It was an unrelated thought.
>>
File: 1492896684401.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1492896684401.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>12475792
>>12476485
>>
>>12476540
Shit, from outside it seemed rather that these guys are some kind of international aristocracy not really autistic guys with no other interests. Is this really that bad?
>>
File: IMG_1304.jpg (151KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1304.jpg
151KB, 1136x640px
CANBERRA
A
N
B
E
R
R
A
>>
Living in a city is not effay
>>
>>12476589
what's the point of dressing well if you're in a low population density area
>>
>>12476558
i'm just gonna vent i hope someone can actually reply to this.

>be thirdworlder
>have attachment to american culture
>can't relate to anything local anymore and no attachment/engagement with local culture anymore because i rarely communicate with anyone and i always expose myself to american medias
>always dreaming about moving to the US and just live alone there until i die. literally the only thing that excites me to study and work
>found /pol/
>got into republicanism and alex jones and rebel media
>got into alt rightism. they all make sense.
>found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQHZBr0wYg [Embed]
>really feel bad about wanting to move out but i hate it here
>always bash on fellow indonesians who are living in america, saying they don't have national identity anywhere because minorities are never pro-country, only pro-their own race/cultural group
>realized that i'm only jealous that they're probably living that casey neistat life while i'm here talking to myself and fantasizing about living the life i want to have

i hate myself, i don't know who i am and i'm scared of the future. i'm scared of being married here and having kids. i'm really not ready for life and i'm scared, anons. deciding to not have kids when you're 27 is foolish but i really can't connect with people and i'm really misogynistic.
>>
>>12476610
well i'm 24 but people in their married age decide to not have kids nowadays and it's foolish because when you're 40 you'll realize that you need family and kids, that's the point that i tried to make
>>
>>12476485
you would get destroyed in america
>>
How to start living in Jew Pork City? Like where do you even start looking.
>>
>>12476617
how and why ?
>>
>>12476629
Just like moving out anywhere, you should already have some family/friends that'll help you split rent or get you on your feet
>>
>>12476634
Not that guy but you sound like a total idiot. Plus we don't need any more third world trash than we already have. You talk about how your so advanced in your country, but you're still decades behind us.
>>
>>12476651
>but you're still decades behind us

how ? yeah my whole countrymen is but here it's not proven that i'm below you
>>
>>12476485
It may surprise you, but most Americans would be annoyed at your attitude. We are the land that rejected kings and nobility. Elitism may work in your country, but it gets you ridiculed in ours. Even our politicians, though they may be highly educated and rich, have to pretend to be just like normal people here if they want to get elected. Come here and talk about how superior you feel, how cultured you are, and you will be laughed at right to your face.
>>
>>12476662
i'm socially conscious, of course i know what to say and what to not say in real life. now of course you feel superior to normies, right ? it's like that kind of feelings. like of course you don't sperg out in public saying the word 'normie', right ?
>>
>>12476610
sounds like your mistake was finding /pol/
>>
>>12476676
I think his actual mistake is liking Casey Neistat.
>>
>>12476287
>Texas seems like the most /fa/ state in the US

literally only austin and houston
>>
>>12476676
i feel really lucky that i found 4chan and /pol/. if not, i would be as averagely normie as everyone else. maybe my most superior stuff would be like Superfuture or something.

i wish there will be no indonesian who found out about this site.
>>
>>12476684
well if you were a normie then at least you'd be happy and not self-hating
>>
>>12476668
>now of course you feel superior to normies, right?
No. No, I do not.
>>
>>12476708
no i mean i would aspire to be them where i actually have no potential to. now i don't them as superior anymore isn't that awesome

>>12476710
lie
>>
>>12473979
Obscure Balkan villages is where it's at.
>>
>>12476753
>lie
Three weeks ago, I put a loaded gun to my head.
>>
>>12476660
they way you speak makes you sound extremely delusional and cringe also your /pol/ views doesn't come off as impressive it just makes you seem impressionable

you think you are better than people cause you know about the newest memes on facebook? that's just a terrible mindset to have in general

none of the reasons you gave makes you any better than the natives in your country and americans don't give a shit about your meme knowledge and meme political views.

not to mention being on 4chan makes you better than no one. you drank to much of the kool aid
>>
File: 1494187884438.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1494187884438.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>12476485
>best educated
>i frequent pol
>i frequent alex jones and rebel media
>i don't even listen to local music i listen to jazz and prog rock
Seriously this is so cringy. You have the same attitude that every 'wants-to-be-American' third worlder has. Stop it, it's obnoxious. You won't fit in here. You can't afford NYC. You will just look severely autistic.
>>
File: IMG_0279[1].jpg (68KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0279[1].jpg
68KB, 700x467px
>>12476809
You know, I actually want to bring him to America. But I want to put him somewhere like pic, related. You want America, motherfucker? Welcome to America.
>>
>>12476809
>You won't fit in here
how do you figure out ? do they know 4chan though ? who are they subscribed to on youtube ? who do they follow on instagram ? what albums do they save in their spotify ? how do they choose words when they speak ?
>>
>>12476817
that place looks interesting tb h, i'm the indo anon that wanted to move to america and i'm curious about how those people live their daily life. and also i want to walk on that hill.

i'm thinking about Seattle or Pittsburgh, what do you think, guys ?
>>
>>12475813
I'm from connecticut and my nearest metropolis is NYC
hehe brb gentrifying your neighborhood

>>12475820
stfu
>>
>>12476827
Just do it. Don't worry about what trends people here like, what clothes we wear, what music we listen to. You cannot possibly adequately prepare for culture in Seattle or Pittsburgh anymore than I could prepare myself for culture in Jakarta. Just be cautious, humble, polite, and make a very good, trusted friend. The only way you'll really get into American culture, or the culture of any land, is to live here awhile.
>>
File: index.jpg (124KB, 923x1280px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
124KB, 923x1280px
Sorry for not related, but rate this cat's outfit I have met today
>>
>>12476818
Not sure if this is a snarky response to my post or a serious question. It's impossible to 'figure out' the culture of America because it's so different based on location. But going around talking about /pol/ and Alex Jones and how you are "best educated" will not help you fit in. Most Americans don't go on 4chan and probably don't really know what it is.
>>
>>12476836
>>12476827
Oh, and since you're interested in a tiny, isolated desert town, here's some info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oatman,_Arizona

I could see how an Islander like you would be fascinated to climb a mountain and look out on a vast, inhospitable wasteland.
>>
>>12476610
Why are people even replying to this guy?
How could it be more obvious that he's just pretending to be a gaint retard?
>>
>>12476852
I'm well aware it's bait
>>12476818
>how do they choose words when they speak
This is golden though
>>
>tfw from small town and can't claim any aesthetic
>>
>>12476852
i'm not baiting at all i'm being brutally honest. i'm aware of how wrong i am but idk how to fix it. when i vent out it would seem like i'm baiting because i'm like not speaking from my own angle but i'm just too aware about myself.

i'm hopeless, that's all
>>
>>12476849
also that's like, everything there is 100% all american inventions. no such things as collaboration with nonwhites if you know what i mean. real pure oldchool white american place. looking interesting. looks like the cultural experience would feel 'thick' if you know what i mean. like this is the real OG american culture. it would be one hell of a vacation but still i'm gonna consider Pittsburgh or Seattle to move in. and have my own place and have all that aesthetic lonely routine without the societal pressure of having friends and getting married. like in indonesia i would always feel guilty of not having friends and hating women and not wanting to marry but in america it seems like i could be the worst person i can be and still be forgiven. "everyone is equally beautiful and we're all perfect and so what if you're friendless and not married ? your body your choice". i just want to be released from all that societal stuffs it's really making me anxious. i can challenge myself to work hard. but to be someone social and familiful ? i'm not sure, thinking about it can really stress me out.
>>
>>12476849
also don't see me as inferior you racist fuck. i was born and raised in a city, i'm a city person we don't all live in jungles and beaches. i'm working on my thesis and i'm gonna get a job and my music taste is superior to anyone around me and i'm probably on the same level as you
>>
File: IMG_9765.jpg (245KB, 1037x692px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9765.jpg
245KB, 1037x692px
Dutchfag who lives in Tokyo (hanzomon) over here.

(pic is the view from my bedroom)

Anyone in the area?
>>
>>12476934
is it /fa/ there?
what you doing there
>>
>>12476926
You misunderstand me. I'm just saying there's nothing like this view in your country.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c3/Joshua_tree_keys_view_pano_more_vertical.jpg
>>
>>12476943
well our version is greener but that looks beautiful
>>
>>12476938

>is it /fa/ there?

most people are pretty well-dressed, there's a reason why people keep posting normie jap fits on here.

>what you doing there

My wife is japanese and I own a bar here. Have been living here for 6 years now
>>
>>12476926
Hey, it just occurred to me, anon. If you want to do something /fa/, doesn't your country have a massive clothing industry? Jarkarta's fashion scene seems pretty cool.
>>
>>12476964
hypothetically asking just out of curiosity and to understand visa laws:
if you wanted, would it be possible to hire me to the bar and get me a work visa?

I want to know because I could use this sort of info for another vaguely similar situation
>>
A M S T E R D A M

hash and hookers
>>
>>12476975

I have no idea desu, since me and a local buddy of mine are the only employees, but japan is really strict when it comes to visas etc.
>>
>>12477010
aa ok no worries
I'm just wondering because I hear you need to be highly skilled to get a job in other countries, but what if you hired a friend for example? or maybe you need to be skilled to be approved for a visa? but I see immigrants here working not highly skilled jobs

maybe I should just talk to a lawyer lol
>>
>>12474750
>gentrification means more jobs and less crime.
Yeah, more drudgery jobs, no one really fucking works in their hometown unless theyre lucky enough its a full time job that pays more than 25 dollars and hour.
>>
>>12476934
looks like a soviet housing project area if slavs weren't utter filth who run everything down to shit in 5 years
>>
>not living in a 90% white south east england city where the main clothing is palace, fake stone island and north face
>the closest you get to /fa/ is the asian exchange students who wear off white and bape
how can anywhere else compare?
>>
>>12475462
they got that walgreens thats an old bank on this corner and all the vitamins are in the bank vault. lots of cool shops round here too.
>>
>>12473979
Vienna if you don't mind arabs, Prague if you don't mind working class dorists, Budapest if you don't mind kikes.

the problem is that other than the two square miles of really nice areas with beautiful buildings and an active nightlife, the entire eastern bloc is still fucking STALKER-tier.
>>
>>12477019

what country are you from?
>>
>>12477077
US
I was supposed to get EU citizenship but I'm failing at it so I'm looking at alternatives
>>
>>12477019
>I see immigrants here working not highly skilled jobs

if you're in the US they're probably illegals on an expired travel visa
if you're in the EU they're allowed to do that, I don't think they even need a visa or a passport, that's literally the reason UK brexited
>>
File: ohrid-macedonia-boat[1].jpg (127KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
ohrid-macedonia-boat[1].jpg
127KB, 800x533px
>>12476755
It looks nice.
>>
>>12476979
Can go to Nevada for both those things too
>>
>>12476973
look, if a country is trying to hard to be america, of course america will always be better than that country. also this country is not like fucking india or something. the cities are pretty cool but i just have no cultural attachment here. the routines and the people don't look/feel interesting. not in a backward/forward way, but i just, idk, all my mannerism i learn from youtube or film.
>>
>>12477033
how is this not comfy to you ?
>>
>>12477042
why are those people doing that to themselves ? look at that architecture, they're a ton better than americans, but why does every european look like they're emulating americans ?
>>
>Living in a city

Fucking poorfags, you're supposed to live on your own private estate outside of a city
>>
>>12476828
You will never be a new yorker. Fuck off.
>>
>>12477129
because casual attire was invented and popularized by ameritards and people just don't want to bother with formalwear anymore, especially since in most settings it would look euphoric as fuck
>>
>>12477147
This.
>>
>>12476355
It took me 8 hours and 46 minutes to clean myself up and replace my ruined, puke-covered keyboard so that I could reply to this. Philly? Disgusting.
>>
>>12476277
the only correct answer itt
>>
>>12473979
Helsinki
JAPAN
A
P
A
N
Vancouver
Po river valley
Istanbul
Cuba
Hong Kong
Fez
Amsterdam
Hamburg
>>
>>12473998

Why do blacks not realize that maybe their neighborhoods wouldn't be """"gentrified""", as if it's somehow a bad thing, if they were more productive members of society (like whites) rather than being degenerate burdens to society.
>>
>>12476938
japan is pretty /fa/, not counting the way people dress. it's got a busy but clean aesthetic, and even the smaller towns look dope as fuck
>>
Copenhagen
Aarhus
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Hamburg
>>
File: mscw.png (551KB, 794x488px) Image search: [Google]
mscw.png
551KB, 794x488px
>>
>>12477776
:pukes:
>>
>>12477756
black neighborhoods don't get gentrified because no one wants to live around blacks. it's more lower middle class neighborhoods being taken over by upper middle class honkies and rich trust fund kids

but yeah either way the solution is just buy a fucking home instead of renting you poor faggots, then you can just sell it for mad profits if you're really that much of a hipster fag that you can't tolerate a few franchise restaurants and starbucks
>>
>>12477756
>muh white race
>muh degeneracy
>multiple quotes epic may may

I-It's my first day on 4chan g-guys, a-am I doing it right? Heh.
>>
>>12477748
>Cuba
Poor fags and commies. No

>Istanbul
Full of muslims so no

>>12477756
Same thing with the mexicans. Gentrification is a good thing and wouldn't be needed if they could take care of their communities.
>>
>>12477019
it's probably very different from any other country. getting to live and work in japan is a very difficult process.
>>
File: 547834290.png (30KB, 386x237px) Image search: [Google]
547834290.png
30KB, 386x237px
>>12477774
>>
>>12477756
what the fuck does this have to do with black people no where in that post mentioned them

almost all the natives in bk (not just black people) wants transplants to fuck off
>>
San Francisco we have everything even shitting streets
>>
File: IMG_0612[1].jpg (87KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0612[1].jpg
87KB, 640x427px
>>12478249
If I had to live in San Francisco, I'd live in Oakland.
>>
>>12476417
Wormhole is pretty great, just wish the line wasn't ass all the time
>>
>>12476610
Stay in your shithole
>>
>>12474545
Saratoga.
>>
>>12475462
>wicker park the most fa neighborhood in chicago
>it not being 1992
join the pilsen master race vrodie
>>
Anyone from Morocco?
>>
Is going to a community college for biology /fa/? I want a degree before I leave this part of florida
>>
>>12476926
>>12476919
make me a pair of flyknits indo boi
>>
>>12477112
idk the way he said it sounded comfy to me
>>
>>12475933
No Huntington Park
>>
>>12477065
but that's the best thing about it
you have nice /fa/ old districts AND comfy commie shithole districts
>>
>>12475285
LA is a a festering scumhole with no redeeming features.
>>
>not living in Beijing 北京
quick move to Beijing before the hipster spoil it
>>
>>12478503
produce something to convince us enough and you got it
>>
>>12475285
this is the kind of thing feminists in Ohio or somewhere actually believe
>>
>not realizing that the hipsters from the early 2010s are moving to the south and Pacific Northwest

Brooklyn is fine, but gentrification, despite what all the morons here are saying, made it boring. I mean there is still some nightlife, but even that has been taken over by business types, who want to play Bon Jovi after a couple of shots of Jäger.

The /fa/ places are always going to be cheap shitholes.
>>
>>12475285
>Lol explain new york and LA then.
lot of people. that's literally it, and has nothing to do with cultural and especially racial diversity. of course a city with a metro area of 15 million people is gonna be more lively than some country bumpkin Idaho shithole, but if you look at similarly sized cities, lots of negroes and muslims don't make a city more exciting (other than the constant fear of getting shivved). for example Prague and Budapest are nearly all white and have crazy nightlife, while Stockholm and Rome are multiculti as fuck and are completely dead by 10pm.
>>
>>12476837
hmm, not that good
the cat however is very nice
>>
>>12477884
?
>>
I live in a city in Michigan called Kalamazoo. It's actually pretty /fa/ for a small city. Really cool restaurant scene, at least two world famous breweries, a ton of art deco architecture as well as a bunch of lloyd-wright homes.
>>
>>12479074
You know a city is effay as hell when wikipedia says its most notable feature is a fucking shopping mall.
>>
>>12475265
i live in cambs and the people definitely aren't /fa/, although rarely there's a few decent prep fits in summer
the architecture's pretty /fa/ though, especially uni buildings
>>
>>12479065
i promise i wouldn't be like one of those filthy immigrants. i've learned a lot.
>>
>>12479078
the mall is p cool yeah but there are way cooler things in the city.
>>
>>12475610
I've lived in Brooklyn all my life.

Also, I mentioned North BK because those neighborhoods are the most popular. Midwood, Sheepshead Bay, Mill Basin, and Berghan Beach are all nice areas too, and mostly white.
>>
>>12475792
>probably the only one who knows 4chan and idk, i deserve a better society. Better styled to suit the kind of person i am.

KYS
>>
so on today's episode of "Anon Is An Expert on Gentrification but Also Thinks People of Color Aren't Effay"... all I can say is that south DC has gotten significantly worse since all the white bitches moved in and it wasn't even good before that. lululemon is seriously the most popular store in my social circle
>>
>>12476505
crown heights, close to park and A/C
>>
>>12473979
Where are the best places in Brooklyn to meet qt gentrifier waifus?
>>
Brooklyn is retarded do not move here lmfao
>>
File: grande hotel.jpg (142KB, 788x949px) Image search: [Google]
grande hotel.jpg
142KB, 788x949px
>>12475285
>>
>>12478503
have any SD stories?
>>
>>12475462
chicago is cool but wicker park is trash

it's like williamsburg but filtered through the tumblr and all 6 seasons of Girls
>>
>>12476042
in chicago niggas will come to your neighborhood and run up on your group with guns, then knock your ass out and take your wallet, phone and shoes
>>
>>12476277
is most of montreal like this or is it stand mcmansion suburbs once you leave downtown?
>>
>>12476476
i like chicago but i was scared shitless of my neighborhood the whole time i lived there

i lived off the western stop of the pink line and i was the white guy
>>
>>12476481
yeah best place in the world to get your clout up right now if you're a broke boi
>>
>>12477033
... no it doesn't
all of the buildings are identical and they aren't aligned with each other at right angles
>>
>>12475462
Wicker park is the most disgusting place in the entirety of chicago. It went from trendy and interesting to hipster garbage that is borderline corporate at this point with fake graffiti and night life outdoor restraunts that make me cringe. Best neighborhoods in chicago to have some fun are 1. Hyde park 2. Washington heights 3. Lincoln park 4. Pilsen.
>>
>>12480284
facts
>>
>>12473979
Tokyo

All of Japan really. They understand that architecture must cast shadows to be aesthetically pleasing
>>
>>12476964
fuck off Nedercuck!!
>>
It is scientifically proven that cities are making people schizophrenic.
Go live on the countryside.
>>
>>12476485
>everyone taking this bait seriously.
So /fa/ IS fucking stupid.
Who would've guessed?
>>
>>12476900
If you're actually being honest, please commit suicide.
The world doesn't need more human garbage like you.
>>
>>12477776
Just go live in the Karl Marx allee in Berlin if you like Soviet architecture.
>>
>>12480284
Washington heights? Do you live there? I mean there's been like 12 homicides there in the past year. Beverly along Longwood Dr and shit is pretty /fa/ i guess, nice architecture round there.
>>
>>12480284
Wicker Park = "borderline" corporate but you like Lincoln Park? Haha, and what is your plan when Pilsen becomes Wicker Park part 2? Just going to talk up some other part of the minority frontier of Chicago that you won't even go to until its fully gentrified? Also are you 13? You seem 13.
>>
>>12476979

And muslims
>>
File: IMG_1407.jpg (197KB, 1418x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1407.jpg
197KB, 1418x1440px
>>12480346

>Tfw I ate at that kfc 2 nights ago
>>
>>12479074
k-zoo is /fa/ for a small town but nowhere near as cool as Detroit
>>
>>12480426
Nope. Not as dangerous as the media would let on, since the violence isn't random its gangs trying to kill other gangs and it has a really effay music scene (black punk/rap).
>>
>>12480720
Lincoln park is effay because it was built in the 1800's and has decent architecture and city planning as well as people with some fashion sense. Wicker park is full of try hard hipsters and boring looking buildings that are covered in dumb shit to make it look super "trendy" and "urban" but its really just jacking the aesthetic of part of new york and poorly at that. Also Pilsen is effay just because it hasnt been ruined by hipsters like wicker and its not gonna change anytime soon cause unlike wicker which was only full of heroin addicts that could easily be gotten rid of there is actually crime there. Plus youre asuming Im just another hipster who is changing a neighborhood merely with my presence but theres no reason for hipsters to come to pilsen en masse when they already have wicker and pilsen has an entirely different scene evolving. If you actually go to shows in pilsen you'll notice it attracts a whole different crowd. You seem to have a childs grasp on how gentrification works it isn't an endless minority frontier being destroyed its neighborhoods having their buisnesses supplemented and replaced with their primary purpose shifting to serve a demographic that exists only outside the neighborhood at first and then replaces the population of the neighborhood when they become priced out of buying nescessities, but that isn't something that always happens and sometimes money coming in from outside the neighborhood will make a neighborhood better without throwing off the balance or make it even more dangerous. If developement was as easy as you make it sound every neighborhood in chicago would already look like that.
>>
>>12480729
Whoa!!! SO japanese dude ur practically well versed in their culture now
>>
>>12476178
>americans
>cucks

We can literally kill minorities and get away no charge while you'd be arrested for saying nigger on twitter

C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>12480844
links to any musical acts? i live right down 95th and id like to hear some cool shit
>>
>>12475285
Depends on the white people. Take Dallas and Houston for example. Dallas is full of Midwest transplants that have zero history and culture and try to hide with money and fancy cars. Meanwhile, Houston has a decent Polish and Eastern European community that livens up some neighborhoods.
>>
>>12481029
>try to hide

Why do you say this ? People don't care about history or culture, it's not what makes someone powerful and superior. People just want to l i v e .
>>
>>12480415
The world doesn't need anything. We don't live for the world, we live for ourselves.
>>
>>12480410
It's not bait. It's honest and sincere from my deepest heart, that was what i trulu feel.
>>
the LEAST effay place has got to be Toronto
>>
>>12481046
>People don't care about history or culture
Without this, what the fuck are you? Some person that just exist with no purpose and meaning or values when things go bad. Fuck out of here with your post modern bullshit. You're only lying to yourself if you think money can make you "live" or be happy without culture or history to add value.
>>
>>12476493
>Most /fa/ state are on the coasts, not the middle of the country
>Implying Texas doesn't have a coast

Dumb as fuck.

>>12476287
Really depends on what you're looking for. Austin is very trendy, Dallas is "nouveau riche", Houston is very multicultural but laid back but at the same time, conservative. It's a weird mix but I like it.
>>
I unironically love Stockholm and Helsinki despite being a regular /pol/ browser. Aesthetic people and buildings.
>>
>>12473979
I live in brooklyn op.

moved here because im broke and wanted to do something fun with my friends. from a smaller east coast city thats also gentrifying.

moved to brownsville then a different slightly nicer neighborhood.

brooklyn kinda sucks. quality of life is pretty low compared to where im from where even if youre a poor family you get food stamps easily, everything is walking or short driving distance away, public schools were great and most of the kids i know regardless of income bracket got into colleges.

nyc is a bit of a bureaucratic mess and i find it hard to make friends here
>>
>>12480720
>being this butt blasted about american citizens having the right to rent property from anyone and anywhere
>>
>>12481027
Check out young jasper as an intro to the scene. He does shows all over the city now too, and is probably gonna be the next big chicago rapper. His soundcloud is https://soundcloud.com/yung_spiffy1/. Where on 95th do you live btw, cause if you don't go east often theres alot of cool shit to do in washington heights and east bev.
>>
>>12480267
It isn't all like that (most of it isn't), but it isn't McMansion suburbs. Neighbourhoods like Mile End and Milton-Parc are more realistic and still really nice.
>>
File: Lsw6Nsu.png (75KB, 1899x394px) Image search: [Google]
Lsw6Nsu.png
75KB, 1899x394px
>>12481094
>>
>>12481389
merci senpai
>>
what do you guys think about baltimore?
>>
>>12476046
>being forced to move to even shitter areas because you were priced out of your neighborhood by affluent whites who watched girls on hbo and think that living in new york will make up for their shitty fly-over personality
>improved living conditions
>>
>>12481427
>not-white means poor
DAS RACIST!
>>
>>12475799
girl. this is not the right board for that shit.
>>
>>12476408
What shithole third world country are you from?
>>
File: 1495211524563.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1495211524563.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>12476485
>someone formulated and typed out this post unironically
>>
>>12475792
stay in your 3rd world containment zone and don't shit up the greatest city on earth
>>
>>12479048
All the hipsters are moving to the South, but I'm Southern and a lot of people I grew up with moved to Boston.

Also, anyone here saying Boston is so wrong.
>>
>is Brooklyn effay

Hipster autist faggot detected
It's effay until you get stomped out
>>
File: IMG_3916.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3916.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>12477884
second biggest city in Denmark with a cool art museum, historic downtown and delicious food market.

Not as nice as Copenhagen though but it is cheaper.
>>
>>12480720
Lincoln Park is beautiful, get some taste pleb
>>
>>12479707
nigga the fuck you live at dc is one of the most effay cities around. Lots of people here dress well and look normal.
>>
File: -2ed86c53ca9c6816[1].jpg (200KB, 960x686px) Image search: [Google]
-2ed86c53ca9c6816[1].jpg
200KB, 960x686px
>>12481746
Ah, Boston! One of the few places in America where the whites are more gangster than the minorities. The only city north of the Mason Dixon with worse racism than Birmingham. One of those places where locals take deep, unshakable pride in how shit it is.

I will say this though. Forget Mardi Gras in N'awlins or Cinco de Mayo in LA. Spend a St. Patty's day in Boston at least once before you die.
>>
File: IMG_6675.jpg (94KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6675.jpg
94KB, 583x583px
>>12482136
Given all the stuff you said about the racism over there, I reckon I should probably cover myself up if I ever go
>>
>>12473979
>Brooklyn
B E D
S T U Y

D O
O R
D I E
>>
>>12477042
you hang round the wrong crowds man

I live round cheltenham and know loads of preppy kids who wear casual suits and go down the races every other week
>>
>>12480890
says the mongrel cuck
>>
>>12482167
You'd be alright. They segregate pretty hard here. Just avoid the Irish neighborhoods.
>>
>>12474511
you live in williamsburg?
>>
>>12481712
but i'm better than any of these people. i'm 4han grown
>>
>>12481746
>All the hipsters are moving to the South
why does this happen ? don't they hate the south and the people ?
>>
>>12482679
It's either for the irony, because they want to live the Americana workwear lifestyle, or because it's a conspiracy to turn the red states blue. They probably just realized the lack of regulation makes the South cheap though.
>>
Let's make: there is absolutely nothing effay about America
>>
>>12482688
what's the point of cheap if lifestyle is not gonna bohemian anymore though ?
>>
>>12482679
Because hipsters are incredibly low income...they just want to make you think that it's cool to be poor
>>
>>12482696
They grew up and didn't want to be raising 2.5 kids in a loft.
>>
>>12482702
Here's a secret, nobody actually wants kids.

They just kind of happen and you pretend to be happy because people will think you're abusing your kids if you act like you never wanted them
>>
>>12482709
nobody wanted kids when their wives give birth to one. but that's the right thing to do because you don't want to regret everything when you're 40
>>
>>12475142
no way Pittsburgh is effay my man. i live in Seattle, its alright but expensive as hell
>>
>>12477748
>Po river valley
enjoy fog
>>
File: BrummellEngrvFrmMiniature.jpg (27KB, 269x348px) Image search: [Google]
BrummellEngrvFrmMiniature.jpg
27KB, 269x348px
>>12475269
I once overheard an american tourist asking a porter at Peterhouse if this college was pre-war. He just replied "Lady, this college is pre-america"
>>
>>12474012
Native BK people are actually pretty cool. It's the transplant headasses who think that they're "New Yorkers" now who have the superiority complex in any part of NYC. The shittier the neighborhood they move to and the cheaper they live the worse it gets.

>>12477756
You literally don't understand how gentrification works do you? It's not white saviors moving to scary black neighborhoods where everyone's on welfare and cleaning everything. It's the bloated rot of Manhattan reaching out and fucking over working class communities. Blue collar workers who work in Manhattan (spoiler alert) CANT AFFORD TO LIVE IN MANHATTAN.
>Duuuuhh what about Harlem
People like having a fucking house and a backyard and a car. American dream shit, it's why people first started coming here.

Anyways.
>So blue collar workers have to live in the other boroughs. Rent/homes are cheaper outside of central business districts.
>Asshat art students who have a bunch of student loan money and go to fuckin Pratt start moving into brownstones and eventually you have a hipster infestation.
>Eventually outside business starts coming in because "Hey people with disposable income live in this cheap neighborhood now! I can rent retail space really cheap and make money off of these new hip people!"
>You can see how this becomes a cycle that feeds itself
>Eventually the working class neighborhood has now become fucking Williamsburg and you can't afford rent anymore and your family has to move to Bushwick
>They follow you
>You're fucked
>You're entire county will eventually be artisan cupcake shops and fancy bars with some occasional subsidized housing thrown around in the middle of food/transportation deserts where the rich people won't live.
>>
>>12477581
Either you're from NYC and have a superiority complex or have not been to Philly in the past 20 years. What makes Philly so uneffay to you?
>>
>>12482136
dont say "n'awlins"
>>
>>12483240
>Native BK people are actually pretty cool.
my mom's from williamsburg and she's not cool at all
me and my boys are going to transplant to live in the house she grew up in in a little while though, we're gonna gentrify the place up real nice
>>
>>12477756
The only bad black neighborhoods are in East NY and the 90's. Places like Canarsie is fine and has a high Caribbean, Arab, and Jewish community
>>
>>12483240
>saying "headass" on 4chin
You aren't fooling anyone kiddo
>>
File: St.Gallen1.jpg (239KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
St.Gallen1.jpg
239KB, 650x365px
Is my home city /fa/?

> only 80k
> Unesco abbey and library
> between hills
> on the hills u can find the richkidparts of the twon also in sommer everyone is partying on the hills
> we have a nice oldcity, beautiful museumquarter and also ghettos in the outskirt
> city is pretty much white and rich
>>
>>12484712
bu bu but muh non-whites ruin everything
>>
File: 20141028_162925.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20141028_162925.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>12484858
On one hill there are three little lakes were everyone hangs out, drinks and parties
>>
>>12476964
tfw no asian gf
>>
>>12477786
shut up anon you shouldn't be on this site if you cannot agree that nogs along with (((them))) are a large part of the worlds problems
>>
>>12484858
too sleepy to be effay. Probably full of old people

Your city is not effay unless there is a sizeable population of young people going out at night doing coke and fucking
>>
>>12484712
I grew up in Canarsie and, aside from the borders, it's always been a nice working class neighborhood. If there was ever a violent crime, it was done by the scum of Brownsville and ENY.

Also, Canarsie has one of the highest average household incomes compared to other Brooklyn neighborhoods despite it being 80% black. It's almost as if race doesn't dictate one's productivity...
>>
>>12473979
So where's a cheap place for a /fa/ggot to stay in/near NYC? I don't mind crime as much; just not a place where I'd deffinitely get mugged. I'm paying like $800 for an apartment in a rural city, so I feel like I can room with somewhere in or near NYC for the same price or cheaper. I'm just tryin to get inspired.
>>
>>12484918
I'd also like to point out that, across my investments, I have $250k in total. However, it seems even the shittiest of Co-ops in NYC start out at $150k.
>>
>>12476827
STAY AWAY FROM SEATTLE

JUST GO TO NYC

THE ONLY REASON NYC EXISTS IS TO PREVENT DETRITUS FROM MOVING TO SEATTLE
>>
>>12484858
The city i'd like to live in.
>>
>>12480874

Its something different, I can tell you that
>>
File: no-photography-allowed[1].jpg (34KB, 550x410px) Image search: [Google]
no-photography-allowed[1].jpg
34KB, 550x410px
>>12485021
Being an old longshoreman or stevedore in a place like Seattle or Portland must be fucking depressing. Just watching masculinity drain from the place, your comfy sports bar gets replaced by something where drinks are "crafted" by a "mixologist", and the ever steady rise in rent.

>>12484961
>$250k
>NYC
Put a down payment on an old 4 to 8 unit property in the Bronx, live in a unit, and rent out the others. That's what I'd do.
>>
>>12485097
>Pic
Oh, yeah. Forgot to ask. Anyone here visit or live in Santa Fe?
>>
>>12485097
So I should be able to get those units rented out, right? I don't want to throw $250k down on that many apartments and never be able to get them rented out, and then be on the hook for paying off housing that costs more than my entire net-worth.
>>
>>12485451
It's New York. Yes. Absolutely yes.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.