[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i'm a guy and I try to keep up with conversations of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (15KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
15KB, 318x159px
So i'm a guy and I try to keep up with conversations of fashion. However I realize /fa/ is just guys talking about clothing and shit threads. I feel like it's biased as fuck on the perspective of men. No one really talks about history of brands or even about dresses, which is the mainstay of fashion. does anyone else agree with this?
>>
Ok then go away
>>
File: 88995972ba.gif (358KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
88995972ba.gif
358KB, 500x366px
>history of brands or even about dresses
>i'm a gay

fix'd
fuck off now
>>
>>12414967
hanging out here is fun. some stuff is informative and other stuff is just knowing not to follow. I feel like knowing what to read into and dismiss is important. Also dismissing people who are trying to create a discussion about some issues of this board is pretty dumb
>>
>>12414974
>gay
>fashion
>pic of new Balenciaga tote bag held by a man
pls. are you new?
>>
>>12414975
This board is just r/streetwear and r/malefashionadvice mixed together.

>>12414979
Looks like one of those ikea bags desu
>>
File: mansur2_2649490a.jpg (38KB, 532x450px) Image search: [Google]
mansur2_2649490a.jpg
38KB, 532x450px
>>12414974
OP here. I feel like society pressures you to label someone gay for being interested in the opposite sex's clothes and fashion. It's not gay to be knowledgeable. I have a girlfriend who i want to by the new mansur Mansur Gavriel bucket bag. And i got my mom a flagship coach bag. Knowing in general is what makes you confident and make informative decisions. This is why i like /fa/ even though this place is like TJ Maxx for informative replies.

And knowing what girls like is good to know as they can trust to you help them choose out outfits
>>
>>12414985
it's is and glad you noticed. the price is like 2000 or 1000. it's crazy that it's a leathered version of the ikea bag that cost 0.99
>>
>>12414985
i met some kids in nyc into street wear and they hang on r/streetwear. They're young and i guess i applaud them for having interest in fashion as a hobby as most kids would. At least they're doing something and meeting up, but i feel weird in that the confidence is based off what brands you have, like off white, etc etc etc. I feel like being a fashion snob is what makes you degenerate and judging others by their fashion. That's the biggest thing you have to battle, to not label people as they dress, but think of them as their expression of what they want wear.
>>
>>12414974
Igor pls
>>
Why should I care about the history of brands or dresses. Neither will help in dressing myself. Knowing past fashion trends can be somewhat useful and interesting but isn't essentional. And of course this board is biased, do you really expect a bunch of men to be thinking about dresses they won't be wearing?
>>
>>12415052
OP here. Thanks for your rational post and I totally agree with every point. I guess for the brands, it's good to know where and how it started and know what you're supporting. There are brands in NYC that i wont name but it's basically a money grab of a ASSC type clothing with their brand on a generic black hoodie. Again being informative, you know that you're avoiding shit wear thats trying to be cool and with the times.

WIth the dresses, yeah it's stupid for men to discuss about dresses. I don't even do that with my guy friends or girl friends, but i just tossed that in there to see what /fa/ thought. I guess people don't really talk about dresses in general and people buy what they like.

Honestly thanks for this post
>>
File: 1481498297702.jpg (282KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1481498297702.jpg
282KB, 850x1280px
>>12414958
>userbase on this board is largely men
>men talk about men's clothes
>occasionally there's threads about women's clothes that do pretty well and have women in them

If the occasional thread that relates to what you like isn't enough, why don't you make more, or convince more women to come to browse this board instead of asking men to talk about women's fashion that they don't care about, even if it is a huge part of it.
>>
>>12414958

Honestly I don't know what you were expecting from 4chan.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.