[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these too formal to wear with jeans? I'm a teacher so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

Are these too formal to wear with jeans? I'm a teacher so I usually try to dress nice but a lot of the times I'm more on the business casual side of things and just wear a button up/jeans. That being said are these shoes a good choice? They are allen edmonds carlyle
>>
>>12405506
if the jeans are slim, it's probably fine. i'm not googling, feel free to post more pics for more definitive feedback
>>
File: 8832CarlyleWalnut2016_profile.jpg (45KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
8832CarlyleWalnut2016_profile.jpg
45KB, 850x850px
>>12405515
>>
File: 8832CarlyleWalnut2016_top.jpg (47KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
8832CarlyleWalnut2016_top.jpg
47KB, 850x850px
>>12405515
>>
>>12405531
>>12405538
ehh i take it back, go with a derby or a boot mate.
>>
If the jeans are black, then they can work but I'd advise against it. You don't always have to wear jeans.
>>
>>12405506
You can see this combination at Pitti Uomo all the time. Normally they use a nice slim fitting sports jacket as well.
>>
No, the sole is too formal and derbys are better for casual. They won't look like shit but there are better options.
>>
>>12405579
Damn, is it just because they're so plain? I'm not a fan of the flashier shoes. Whats the best middle ground for more casual wear?
>>
File: 1005BadlandsBrn2016.jpg (47KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1005BadlandsBrn2016.jpg
47KB, 850x850px
How do these look?
>>
If your looking for a semi-formal brown shoe OP I recommend looking at something around the brogue area. The extra details on the shoe make it look a lot more formal in my opinion senpai
>>
>>12405713
Do you mean a lot less formal? How are the Allen Edmond strands?
>>
>>12405506
Wow, first Edmonds I've liked. They're fine for jeans, the only oxfords I avoid with jeans are black. These being tan/medium brown are light enough. Seriously, I only own oxfords and I wear jeans all the time.

>>12405551
>>12405579
There're fine, color has more authority than design.
>>
>>12405643
those are okay, but i don't love them. as far as allen edmonds bluchers go, the Academy looks much nicer to me. if you're in your 20s or early 30s, a boot is a great business casual "young teacher" shoe.

i do like your original choice with slim jeans and a sports jacket like >>12405561 said. without the jacket, you better be slim and have a perfectly tailored shirt and perfectly fitted jeans and carry a an elegant leather brief. no sloppy shit.

honestly, r/mfa is a better resource for you for classic menswear and basic office attire.
>>
>>12405885
>>12405847
I think I might go ahead and get them, the ones from my OP. Maybe I'll look into getting some nicer jeans to pair with them, although I doubt I will rocking a sports jacket until the fall. I already own a pair of Chippewa boots, how do those compare to Wolverines or Iron Rangers?
>>
File: thebullfighters.jpg (105KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
thebullfighters.jpg
105KB, 540x540px
>>12405506
If you're teaching at a College/Highschool you have to dress in Full Rick.
You'll become a legend over night.
>>
>>12405973
But then none of the other teachers will let me sit at their table during lunch
>>
>>12405506
Yeah, they're fine. This kind of light brown works fine with pretty much any shade of jeans, and like >>12405847 said, color is way more crucial than design. Most people can't even tell the formality level of oxfords vs. derbies in the first place.

I'd say just avoid wearing specifically a grey or black jacket with these and jeans. Brown or green will work great.
>>
>>12405506
Too formal IMO op.

Closed laced oxford is strictly formal.

Though there is something about the colour and the patin that makes it look kinda casual.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.