[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to South America in a few weeks. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1409015931553.jpg (164KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1409015931553.jpg
164KB, 768x1024px
I'm going to South America in a few weeks.

What should I wear to avoid looking like a tourist and blend in with the background poverty?
>>
go to a poor as shit place there and buy whatever they're pushing.
>>
>>12402685
franel, jeans, vans
>>
where will you go exactly?
>>
dress normally you autist, nothing screams tourist more like """fitting in"""
>>
>>12402685
>south america
wear rags, reps, ripped clothes and supermarket bags
if you can afford it, full yeezy should do the trick
>>
>>12402685
regular/cheap t, jeans, and shoes.

no fancy backpacks, no touristy sun glasses, no fanny packs.
>>
>>12403036
also, the biggest sign of a tourist is that they constantly look confused and lost.
>>
You can wear whatever you want if you go to Buenos Aires, I live there and there's a lot of effay people, both locals and tourists.
Tho if you go anywhere else, just keep a low profile to avoid getting robbed
>>
>>12402685
No sunglasses, and normal clothes but kinda like the ones you would use for cleaning (not so fashionable), you can also get thrift clothes but the actually shitty ones. Oh, and also don't be white.

>>12403035
That's hobo, not poor south american. South americans wear (made in china) american shitty cheap clothes.
>>
>>12402685
flip flops, shorts, tank tops, it's better if everything is dirty a bit
optional: baseball caps, cheapo sunglasses
get a tan before you go
>>
>>12402685
wear shit like GAP and tommy hilfiger not even shitting you
>>
>>12403236
>Oh, and also don't be white.
How much anti-white racism is there in South America?
Should I prepare for violence and muggings?
>>
>>12404958
Depends on where you are going. South America is an entire continent yknow. No anti-white racism where I'm from at least.
>>
>>12404958
There's no racism but you asked to not stand out, you'll definitely stand out if you're too white specially if you're not a manlet.

And getting mugged is matter of luck, brown and poor people are not less suceptible to be mugged.

I assume you're not going to shitty neighborhoods, if you stay in "touristy" and nice areas you don't even need to blend in.

Oh, and idk where you're going but you're probably not going to experience any kind of violence, at most you will get pickpocketed if you don't take care of your stuff.
>>
>>12404958
Tourist are good targets for poor criminals/teens. pale skin can be common so you won't stand out much. Avoid speaking English if you can and leave any recognizable designer pieces w branding(good advice in general too) this only applies in major cities w regular tourist traffic. small towns and such have been very kind to me and i've never had a bad experience in s. america really
>>
>>12402685
mfw i saw a dude like this in japan
mightve been the same guy
>>
You cant go wrong with jeans and a white black tshirt, but if you're too white and blonde people often will know.
>>12404958
We're not antiwhite racist but if you're not going to specifically brazil or argentina where there's a lot of white people they will know you're not one of them
>>
>>12402685
Yeezy season 1
>>
>>12402685
wear only Arc'teryx clothes and a fake rolex sub
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.