[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 30

File: happy skin.jpg (4KB, 196x180px) Image search: [Google]
happy skin.jpg
4KB, 196x180px
Everything related to skincare routines, products, acne, and grooming goes in here.

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

/fa/ skincare FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/PArDyf2G (embed)

Contents:
- Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips
- How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads
- Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face
- How to improve your skin tone through diet
- Studies on how diary and sugars create acne
- How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, skincare ingredients.
>>
>>12330798
drink lots of water, stop the fappin, eat a little bit (especially if youre under a anorexic phase), exercise
>>
>>12330801
what
>>
>>12330801
basically this.

also use dove bar soap
>>
redpill me on the fapping things guys. what does it do in terms of skincare.
>>
File: nochance.jpg (98KB, 602x449px) Image search: [Google]
nochance.jpg
98KB, 602x449px
>>12331014
keeps you from depleting your micronutrients.

also people who fap a lot have blank eyes and droopy facial muscles.
>>
>>12331019
gotcha, thanks.
>>
>>12331019
i dont get it, whats the difference between having a lot of sex and fapping in terms of your skin. if fapping a lot will make it bad wont having a lot of sex too? in the end you're just ejaculating, so im kind of confused
>>
Is Rooibos tea actually any good for skin? I've heard it is but I'm kinda unsure
>>
>>12331059 The answer is: it is bullshit.
>>
File: WIN_20170320_14_31_50_Pro.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170320_14_31_50_Pro.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
acne came back worse than ever, literally had clear face few months ago. Currently on accutane
>>
Is 25 too early to do stuff like microneedling or chemical peels?
>>
>>12332255
No
>>
File: images(53).jpg (40KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
images(53).jpg
40KB, 554x554px
Where do I get these in Australia. Oe online without shipping that costs more than 10 dollars
>>
Hey, /fa/. I've been learning how to shave with a double-edged razor and trying out blades from different manufacturers. I tried an Astra Platinum today and cut the living fuck out of my face; worse than ever before. My question is this: How long should I give my face to heal before shaving again? It'd be bad to try to shave with all these scabbed-over cuts creating bumps and whatnot, right?
>>
>>12330798
how do i get rid of sebacause filaments or whatever theyre called my nose needs to look reaaal good
>>
His big of a deal is dairy on acne breakouts? I love me my milk and yogurt
>>
File: 20170321_002926.jpg (220KB, 724x594px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_002926.jpg
220KB, 724x594px
Is there any hope bros?
Came out of nowhere in high school and still hasnt gone away (22 now)
Same has happened to my brother.

Tried just about every meme cream under the sun and have dropped $2k on laser treatments which is just money down the drain because it's had zero effects.
The only thing that has ever worked is weed strangely enough. Even then it's not always, sometimes it makes me flare up really bad but the other times it completely kills the rosacea
>>
File: 20170321_003551.jpg (151KB, 473x560px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_003551.jpg
151KB, 473x560px
>>12333287
Here's my cheeks the area while on weed

When I first realized this I was the happiest I'd been in years desu. Then it went back to normal...
>>
>>12330801
Why should I stop jerkin it?
>>
ordered some retin-a from thailand wish me luck bros
>>
>>12333140
Basically, there are correlations between breakouts and dairy, but correlation =/= causation, and no one has proven that dairy causes acne.

What's interesting, though, is that the correlation was present between skim milk and acne, not whole milk. Also the acne-free control group consumed more dairy on average than the acne-suffering group the study focused on.
>>
>>12332973
just use a fucking gilette austist
>>
>>12333287
What has your dermatologist said about it?
>>
>>12333367
She suggested the laser treatments and after that didnt work she just said to moisturize and wear sunscreen and hope it goes away on its own
Still waiting on that
>>
>>12330801
>>12331014
>>12331019
Pretty sure this is bollocks unless someone can give evidence

>>12330958
Bar soap is notoriously bad for skin

>>12331253
Any tea which contains antioxidants will help your overall wellbeing but it will not affect skin nearly to the degree that an antioxidant serum will because a very little amount of ingested antioxidants makes it to the skin.

>>12331899
See it through anon, accutane is a bitch and a blessing

>>12332255
It's never too early to get into skincare

>>12332535
For the cost of importing you're better off getting PC BHA 2% with some codes to make it cost less

>>12332973
In my personal opinion double-edged shaving is a meme. Using a triple or 5-blade razor with a really good shaving cream gets you a much closer shave. In saying that, when you do shave make sure you do 3 or 4 passes instead of 1 if you aren't already and, of course, go slow. To answer your question, as long as possible or until there's no more irritation, might be 1 day, might be 3, you don't want to be shaving very irritated skin.
>>
>>12332981
Unfortunately, you can't get rid of sebaceous filaments in very congested areas like the nose, you can, however, make them look smaller primarily with BHA usage. Don't buy anything pore-strip like which severely irritates the skin and actually exaggerates pore size - kill them with kindness.

>>12333140
Not a whole lot of solid evidence, but it can't hurt to cut it out and see if it makes a difference (try going 2 weeks without dairy and if there's no difference then keep consuming it at your normal rate)

>>12333287
>>12333355 answered

>>12333314
glhf

>>12333373
Actually I forgot to mention to wear a zinc-only based sunscreen in my answer in the thread you made, you want to be doing that too
>>
Should I get a fake tan, when ever I look in the mirror with a good light I feel confident as fuck but people often ask me if I am feeling ok because I am so pale.
I dont want to go to a tanning bed as I dont want to get cancer so im not sure what to do...
>>
>>12332973
>>12333348
>>12333383
I tend to get a lot of razor bumps with cartridge razors. Sadly, I'm half-Japanese, so my hair's all fine and wiry and angled steeply, so I've spent a long time--like four months, now--trying to get the knack for a double-edge, though not having razor bumps is nice. I do a four-pass shave.

Who knows; maybe I just have to accept my lot in life that my skin and hair type are just wrong. I still cut myself a lot despite so much practice.

Thanks for the advice; I'll lay off of it for three days and see how it looks.
>>
>>12333421
Don't tan yourself, pale > everything else

>>12333460
Do you follow up your shaving with something that will prevent ingrowns? I use a 2% BHA liquid after shaving (I do 1 pass with a 5-blade razor using a tea-tree oil shaving cream [aus only]) and have never had ingrowns/irritations if I follow with the BHA
>>
>>12333140
Dairy is one of the main factors in dietary "acne pathogenesis". Cutting down on dairy will most likely make your acne be less severe.

Unlike what these two anonymous people on 4chan are saying:

>>12333321
>>12333392

The medical experts on dermatology, who have published different papers in scientific journals, are of an other opinion. Some of their studies on the topic listed in the FAQ. The likely mechanisms for how dairy (as well as high-GI foods) impact acne are provided, too.
>>
>>12333383
>Bar soap is notoriously bad for skin

That depends completely on the bar soap. There are bar soaps made out of syndets. The Dove bars are some of them. They are some of the most hypoallergenic and non-irritating soaps out there. See a list of dermatologically investigated soaps in the FAQ.

>>12332973
It's not hard to use a DE razor. Just push it as lightly as you can against the skin, at a steep angle, and use shaving foam. If you're still getting cuts, then find one that is not as sharp.

Don't shave until the wounds are mostly healed. It should take a couple of days. You can use a moisturizer to help the skin recover.
>>
>>12333647
>and use shaving foam
I thought shaving foams were part of the problem?
>>
>>12333662
No, not at all. The shaving foam decreases the friction between the razor and the skin. This makes it so that the razor slides over the skin more easily, rather than having the sharp blades getting stuck in the skin and tearing parts of it off.

The razor blades also get stuck on actual hairs more easily, without shaving them off, without shaving foam (and this is what pulls them out in some places and causes a kind of red spots).

You nearly always need something that decreases skin-razor friction when shaving.
>>
>>12333642
The study cited in the FAQ refers to a case which simply sampled cases of people with acne and how much dairy they ate, it does not prove conclusively that acne can directly be caused by dairy consumption, which is why I said there is not a lot of solid evidence, because there isn't. Cite me the papers showing otherwise.

>>12333647
I actually considered editing my statement when writing it to say 'most' bar soaps but thought it was implied because when someone says they use a bar soap, it's typically not one that uses ingredients likely to clog pores.
>>
>>12333738
>it's typically not one that uses ingredients likely to clog pores.
>it's typically one that uses ingredients likely to clog pores.
fixed
>>
>>12333738
>The study

Did you see that there are multiple studies linked in the FAQ?

>but thought it was implied because when someone says they use a bar soap

Someone said "use dove bar soap" and you say "bar soap is notoriously bad for skin". That's a very strange thing to say if you actually knew that the Dove bar soap in question was good.
>>
>>12333748
You're right, there are two studies, the other one simply describes how acne can be caused by dairy, but, again, it doesn't prove conclusively that dairy intake leads to acne.
There are different types of dove bar soap, some of which use colour, fragrance and heavy conditioning agents which can clog the pores and irritate the skin of people who have sensitive, acne-prone skin
>>
>>12333595
Huh. No, I had no idea there was any manner of compound that influenced the likelihood of having ingrowns. I've just been following up with a Nivea sensitive post-shave balm, for years now. I'm gonna jot that down for the day I finally get fed up and return to cartridges!
>>
>>12333844
You don't have to return to cartridges if cost is an issue/you just prefer it, but using a good shaving cream which is moisturising and antibacterial is like giving yourself an anti-acne/ingrown hair facial mask every time you shave, following that up with a BHA to further prevent ingrowns/acne is just the icing on the cake :)
>>
I have extra dry skin. It doesn't flake and feel tight that much anymore because I bathe my face in moisturisers, but it stil is dry and dull and uncomfortable and not as plump and fresh as I'd like.

Give me your best facial oils and hydrating serums.
>>
>>12334080
Man I was just about to ask this, my face is dry too.

I'm looking for the STRONGEST MOISTURIZER KNOWN TO MAN

I want to end up a puddle of water from using it.

Already using the Nivea in-shower moisture cream and the Jergens after-shower cream, as well as normal moisturizing cream, drinking water, etc.
>>
>>12334031
Thanks! I'll take a jaunt down to the local pharmacy today, check out what they got.
>>
>>12334080
>>12334125
What have you guys tried already?
>>
>>12334125
High five.

>>12334146
Other than very delicate cleansing and toners, I am using Aesop moisturisers (which are amazing and by far the best beauty products I've used) and a hyaluronic acid serum. It is good, but my face still feels dry and dull. I do use a rose hip oil at night, and a moisturising overnight mask.
My skin still drinks it all.
>>
>>12333763
Right.

In the "Studies on how diary and sugars create acne" there are six links to different scientific articles.

1. Literary review of 28 studies: "Diet and acne: a review of the evidence" - International Journal of Dermatology

>High-glycemic-load diet as well as Dairy (skimmed, chocolate, or total milk) - Established acne causation in a specific population.

>Evidence suggests that components of Western diets, particularly dairy products, may be associated with acne.

>Three large studies reported a positive association between
milk intake and acne. The studies of Adebamowo et al. demonstrated that higher levels of milk consumption were associated with acne risk in both boys and girls.

2. Study: A low-glycemic-load diet improves symptoms in acne vulgaris patients: a randomized controlled trial - American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

>A retrospective evaluation of dietary intake showed a positive association between milk intake and physician-diagnosed severe acne

3. Commentary: Diet in acne: further evidence for the role of nutrient signalling in acne pathogenesis - Acta Dermato-Venereologica

>Epidemiological evidence confirms that milk consumption has an acne-promoting or acne-aggravating effect.

>There is substantial epidemiological and biochemical evidence supporting the effects of milk and dairy products as enhancers of insulin-/IGF-1 signalling
and acne aggravation.

4. Effect of Milk and Dairy Products upon Severity of Acne for Young People - World Applied Sciences Journal

>There is a strong reliable correlation between milk and dairy product consumption frequency and the risk of acne occurrence and development.

>Pathogenetic influence of milk and dairy products upon acne is proved.

[...]
>>
>>12334204
5. Dietary Implications for the Development of Acne: A Shifting Paradigm - US Dermatology Review

>These two observational experiments are important in that they are the first evidence in westernized populations to show that diet (and milk in particular) is associated with acne.

6. Evidence for Acne-Promoting Effects of Milk and Other Insulinotropic Dairy Products 67th Nestlé Nutrition Institute Workshop (Pediatric Program)

>Well-designed prospective studies published since 2005 provide evidence that components of
Western diets, particularly milk and dairy products and diets enriched in carbohydrates with high glycemic index and glycemic load are associated with acne.

... And that's not even all of the available studies on the topic.

If you're saying that there's "not a whole lot of solid evidence" then you simply need to read up on the available recent literature.

If you think we need to (or even can) "prove causality conclusively" before we can recommend people to not eat dairy and high-GI foods, then you need to read up on inferential statistics and general scientific method.

That's that.
>>
Is it possible that seborrheic dermatitis/eczema can trigger rosacea? I used to have eczema, used creams that helped for a while, than all of a sudden redness appeared in the same area(around nose), old creams for eczema didn't work. It's not dry or flaky like it used to be, just constantly a bit red. Rosacea is in the family also.
>>
>>12334153
A combination of some rich cream and vaseline (yes) in the nighttime has always worked for me.
>>
>>12334208
If you used steroid-containing creams to help with the eczema, then yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid_rosacea

It could just have been a coincidence too, since rosacea is in the family. Also:

https://www.rosacea.org/patients/seborrhea.php

>Seborrheic (seb-oh-REE-ick) dermatitis may be the most common skin condition to occur at the same time as rosacea
>>
>>12334212
>If you used steroid-containing creams to help with the eczema, then yes.

I did, but I've been off that for almost 6 months. Does the skin ever recover? Also, I used steroid creams in other areas other than my nose(perhaps not at the same extent), but I'm not red in those areas.
>>
>>12334080
You want things that hold multiple times their weight in water, ingredients like hyaluronic acid and lanolin are very good hydrating ingredients. Overnight you can try regular old vaseline, a humectant which stops moisture-loss from occurring - do this nightly after your regular moisturiser to seal in moisture overnight, do it every night and I can't imagine you'd get dry skin anymore.
Keep in mind, though, that if your skin is this dry, you could be doing it to yourself - ingredients which irritate the skin like alcohol (especially in your case), fragrance, colour and harsh cleansing agents (SLS, SLES as well in this case) can all dry out your skin, so make sure to stay away from those too. Hydration will bring radiance with it so once you have one, you'll have the other.
Also try and stay away from sources of intense hot water (i.e. wash face and shower in lukewarm water) to stop excessive moisture loss. Finally, make sure to apply your moisturisers immediately after showering so as to 'seal in' the water that your skin absorbs while showering. This advice goes to >>12334125 as well.

Regarding your choices for products, both Nivea and Jergens use fragrance in case your skin is sensitive/acne prone - so avoid that if desired.
>>
>>12334204
>>12334206
>may be associated
>a positive association
I never said there was no evidence, just that it isn't solid, which it isn't - these studies conclusively prove that dairy influences the levels of androgens in the body which CAN or MAY lead to acne. If it were true that dairy causes acne then it would be physiologically impossible for someone who eats dairy regularly to have clear skin - this is not true. Therefore, more studies need to be done in order to conclusively prove whether or not dairy leads to acne - I said from the beginning that it cannot hurt to cut out dairy and see if it makes a difference for them. Also, beginning and ending your statements with 'Right' and 'That's that.' despite ignoring what I'm saying is evidence that you don't know what you're talking about.

>>12334208
Definitely - eczema and rosacea are in the same family of skin conditions

>>12334222
>Does the skin ever recover?
Kind of - steroid creams (especially strong dosages) thin the skin significantly which can cause the skin to look redder because veins are more visible. Time will likely not remedy this unfortunately, however, there are ingredients like hyaluronic acid and certain retinols which can aid in plumping the skin to effectively 'hide' the redness. As well, reducing topical irritants and increasing anti-irritants will help to stop any further redness from occurring.
>>
>>12334250
Alright so are you saying I should try hyaluronic acid and certain retinols?

Also, what about metronidazole, can it be of some help?
>>
File: IMG_20170321_122000.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170321_122000.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
Halp, I have these small itchy bumps on the both sides of my face and they look kind of like heat rashes but Im not sure, should i be worried?
>>
File: IMG_20170321_135815.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170321_135815.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>12334319
better pic
>>
>>12334283
I would suggest seeing a dermatologist if possible before undergoing any potentially even more irritating topical products (retinol especially). They might give you a topical or other medication to help. But if you can't see one, introduce each ingredient individually if possible and asses how your skin reacts. Haven't heard of metronidazole, looks like it's an antibiotic? Can't imagine if/how it would help with rosacea.

>>12334319
They look like either closed comedones, milia or mild yeast bumps. If you aren't using a BHA on your face, start. Not only will it help the odd pimple here or there (you seem to have pretty good skin) but it will stop these from appearing. If BHA fails you (or if you're allergic to aspirin), try using an anti-fungal treatment like Nizoral 2% as a face mask to kill what potentially could be yeast build up.
>>
>>12334349
ive heard of BHA, ill try it out. thx anon
>>
>>12334349
Apparently metronidazole is used in lotions for rosacea
>>
i'm getting really dry and flaky skin on my eyelids, do any of you have eye cream recs

vaseline and coconut oil aren't really helping much but i don't want to use anything medicated that close to my eyes
>>
>>12332535
I got mine from iherb, shipping was pretty cheap and fast
>>
What I use to shrink my pores? I already have a very androgynous face I dont need something else to worry about.
>>
>>12335452
toner works to shrink my pores, but it took a while for me to find something that wasn't too drying
>>
>>12335458
Any specific brand in mind?
>>
Enough is enough. Time to do something about the hair in my arse crack.

I'm not going to do it myself. So

1. get gf to shave/wax it
2. get a professional to
3. home hair removal (lasers?)
4. professional laser removal

Any experience with this boys?
>>
ended up with the glossier phase one set , just started using it today.
anyone know how it is, or if i should use anything to make it work better?
i am ultra pleb af when it comes to skincare, buut my bf wants me to try and into it
>>12335783
i use nair, just don't try to get all of your hair of at once and don't have it on more than like 5 min.
there's probs better ways, but that's what i do rn
>>
>>12335783
Ive done it before a few times with a razor. Its impossible for you to look where youre going so its always a feeling you have to follow. One of the trickiest parts is the flap of skin where your asscrack ends. I fucking got cut there and Im glad I let it air dry and heal after I finished.

If it makes you feel any better, I used an electric razor and shaving gel. Im hoping thats about as gay as it gets so others dont have to feel as insecure about this.
>>
>>12333421
pretty much this, I think I look pretty good but I am so pale it makes me look weird as fuck compared to other people what do please help
>>
>>12335867
ummmmmmmm, idk.
i never found a way, and just stay pale
i use blush and highlighter to look alive
>>
File: milk_625x300_41416559876.jpg (77KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
milk_625x300_41416559876.jpg
77KB, 592x592px
Apologize.
>>
>>12335871
well, fuck
whenever the weather comes around I might try and shoot for a natural tan
>>
>>12335849
The idea of tricky parts scares me (and will scar me).

>>12335845
Didn't even think of nair. I suppose if it gets on my arsehole it will burn like crazy?
>>
>>12335895
i burn, then go back to pale....
p jelly that you can tan desu...
>>12335912
the pain is really like over-exaggerated,but a little bit?
not like terrible,nd if it is get that dhit off in the shower..
oh, buy the shower power variant too!
>>
>>12335912
At least for me. The hair stops about an inch or 2 from your actual asshole so I didnt even think about it. When I got cut it was just a regular small cut that a stung a little and I got right back to it not long after. Oh and by electric razor I meant a Gilette razor that was battery powered.

Honestly, my ass hairs are brittle as fuck, idk about you guys though. Waxing seems like a decent option. So I dont think it would hurt much getting your ass hairs torn out rather than pulling on your tend rim skin.
Try using an electric razor if your afraid of a little "butthurt". The only thing is if you want to spend $15 for a tool just for your asshole unless youre hygienic enough to keep that thing clean and use it to shave your face ass well.
Others have said what needs to be said about Nair so thats a viable option as well.
>>
>>12331059
stimulates a different part of the brain, my guy
>>
>>12336141
Stimulates a part of the brain that causes you to break out? Hmmm
>>
>>12334371
Did not not know this - would still seek advice from a derm

>>12335335
Do you wear eyeshadow, concealer, foundation or something which could be drying out the skin there? That would be the first thing to look for - if it's just suddenly arisen it could be due to a change in product use. If not, try layering moisturisers instead of relying on one, so start with a toner (alcohol free is essential, irritant free entirely is better) and then a something rich in antioxidants (hyaluronic acid is gentle but very moisturising) followed by something lanolin/mineral oil/petroleum based which will act as a humectant to seal in the moisture. Sudden dryness if usually caused by something changing quickly, so look into that first.

>>12335452
Ingredients like niacinamide (nicotinamide/vitamin b3) and BHA coupled with sunscreen to prevent worsening of the skin is ideal for shrinking pore size. As well, avoiding things like pore strips and peeling face masks (which actually do more bad than good) will help to shrink pores.

>>12335502
PC Skin-Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner comes to mind

>>12335783
I've found the best way is to use a standard cartridge razor or better yet, a 5-blade cartridge razor (like that of the gillette venus range) and use an anti-inflammatory/antibacterial shaving cream (with something like tea tree oil). Begin by using a loofah/exfoliating mitt/salux cloth to gently exfoliate the area using a moisturising body wash, followed by the shave. As to the technique, squatting in the shower and doing one side/cheek at a time and, of course, taking your time works the best. For first timers, it's best to trim the area beforehand which makes shaving a whole (forgive the pun) lot easier. Aftercare should include a cream which contains salicylic, glycolic and/or lactic acid (as many as possible is best) to stop the formation of ingrown hairs. Superficial irritation can be avoided by using a heavy duty moisturiser like vaseline or aquaphor. (cont.)
>>
>>12335783
(cont.) Professional laser or even at home laser treatments (the Trio is GOAT) require clean-shaven skin, so if you're looking in to that you'll still need to shave the area. Waxing in that area not only is temporary (as is shaving), but greatly increases the risk of ingrowns and irritation even when exfoliating creams are used (mens hair is more course) - not to mention it would hurt like a bitch.

>>12335845
Just from reading the ingredients, it's overpriced for what you get. The only upside is that it doesn't appear to have any ingredients (apart from a little honeysuckle extract) which could irritate the skin. If it was a gift, use it until it's done but I wouldn't recommend purchasing it again. Your bf mustn't know much about skincare

>>12335867
I don't get what the deal is with looking pale. I think pale flawless skin is the epitome of beauty

>>12335895
Tanning is horrendous for skin (unless it's artificial), I would stay far away from it. If you intent to spend even $1 on an anti-acing moisturiser in the future, you would thank your past self for avoiding sunlight.

>>12335912
Nair is really hit and miss it seems, did not work at all for me, anywhere on the body, just kind of made the tops of some hairs fall off

>>12336142
>>12336141
I'm pretty sure having a good skincare routine will do more than not masturbating ever will
>>
File: _20170322_234342.jpg (64KB, 1507x528px) Image search: [Google]
_20170322_234342.jpg
64KB, 1507x528px
Help. I dried my face with oil free acne wash and then plucked my eyebrows. Which gives me these really painful pimples. I'm not sire if its from my glasses, it has that weird middle arch that presses against my face and sometimes that get oily. So it could be that?

I don't know what it is!!!
>>
File: IMG_20170322_234401.jpg (881KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_234401.jpg
881KB, 1920x1080px
>>12336517
Also could someone tell me of my routine is good?

So every morning and night its orange acne wash which dries my face, then the moisturiser. Which makes my face soft (except the jaw line). Then once or twice a night I put the coal stuff on, then the moisturiser. Anything else I need? Or anything I did wrong?
>>
Best things you can do for your skin outside of your awful chemically made products that you shouldn't use daily and certainly not on something as delicate as your skin.

1. Cold showers (being with hot or moderate if you can't handle direct cold, which i understand).
2. Enough water intake during the day.
3. Enough sleep.
4. Enough sun, go outside.
4. No smoking.
5. No alcohol.
6. Proper diet and consumption of appropriate fruits and vegetables known to positively affect your skin.
7. If you live in a polluted town (or polluted area of town) you're screwed either way.
>>
bought some castor oil for my thinning hair on crown/hairline lads

should i use it for acne spots also? I have a gel for it since it's an inflammatory skin disorder that causes bad acne, but maybe castor oil would be a good oil cleanse or some shit.

and what should I mix it with to apply to my hair? water it down, maybe mix w/ some coconut oil? isn't it hard as shit to wash out too?
>>
>>12336517
Regarding your reaction to the face wash mentioned (Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, I imagine), it contains salicylic acid, is it possible that you are allergic to aspirin? If not, you might be having a reaction to the colour/fragrance in it, even if it is in a low concentration - otherwise it could be another product sensitising your skin. Is it possible that the pimples are actually ingrown hairs which resemble pimples? It sounds more like they could be caused by the rubbing of the glasses against your forehead in which case I would recommend cleaning your glasses frequently and only wearing them when required (e.g. for reading). I'll answer further in the next part.

>>12336520
As I mentioned, your cleanser contains fragrance and colours which potentially could be irritating your skin (is this what you mean by it dries your face?) and causing it to become dry, otherwise you might be having a reaction to the cleansing agents in the cleanser, in which case I'd simply suggest trying another brand (CeraVe is excellent) or another line from Neutrogena.
>I put the coal stuff on, then the moisturiser.
As in, you put on the coal scrub and then moisturiser and let it sit overnight? That's odd. Not only would I seriously discourage the use of a scrub everyday (1-2 times a week is the max you should be using one), but I would heavily advise using a toner/moisteriser with an acne-fighting component in it such as salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide (two best OTC). From your skin's sensitivity, I'd suggest a low dose of salicylic acid and avoid benzoyl peroxide (due to excessive drying) if possible.

>>12336533
>awful chemically made products that you shouldn't use daily and certainly not on something as delicate as your skin
Everything is a chemical, also every single dermatologist would disagree, thanks for your hippie nonsense.
(cont.)
>>
>>12336533
>Enough sun, go outside.
UV exposure is the biggest factor to ageing skin - 10-15 minutes of exposed sunlight or vitamin D supplementation is fine
>f you live in a polluted town (or polluted area of town) you're screwed either way.
Water and air quality actually have little impact to your skin, at most one might notice more/less congestion but even that can be nullified by a good skincare routine.

>>12336562
Castor oil is fantastic for the overall health of hair however I'm not entirely certain that it can help regrowth, sounds like snake oil. Minoxidil and Finasteride usage are the only two ingredients scientifically backed to work for hair regrowth. You could potentially use castor oil as a serum for the face as it is rich in vitamin E as well as Omega 6 and 9, as well its antibacterial and anti fungal properties - however, you might find (if you have combo/oily skin) that it might increase breakouts because of its density and nature as an oil. YMMV, but I'd stick to a nice lightweight anti-oxidant rich (this way you get a cocktail of antioxidants) serum which will be less likely to clog pores.
>castor oil would be a good oil cleanse
If you're not a heavy makeup wearer, oil-cleansing is unnecessary, especially on a daily basis and especially if you have dry/combo skin. Most people don't need to cleanse their skin twice as it can be excessively drying.
>what should I mix it with to apply to my hair?
You can apply it straight to the hair to add gloss, moisture etc.
>water it down
Water won't mix with oil well
>mix w/ some coconut oil
Also an option
>Isn't it hard as shit to wash out too?
Probably not anymore so than regular sebum buildup or unless you add excessive amounts. Also if your hair is naturally oily this would only make the situation worse.
>>
File: wplovepon1.png (356KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wplovepon1.png
356KB, 1920x1080px
>>12336589

Yeah, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0186U9736/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is what I bought. I'm pretty desperate to find any natural way to help my hair. From what other sites have said, it might just be diffuse thinning, which sucks because i have pretty long hair. I have to style it in a way to hide the thinning crown. From all the reviews I've seen, it helps hair regrowth mainly for women, and all the pics are of black women or children. Much different type of hairloss than what young-middle aged white men face. I'm still willing to give it a shot, I forgot to buy a derma roller though with my order. Heard some success with rolling temples at 1.5mm then applying castor oil so it penetrates better. I'll spot test it on my face before I go all in with it. cheers
>>
>>12336605
I would seriously recommend using Rogaine and/or Fin before your thinning gets any worse, I know that it's 'unnatural' and all that but you have to understand that these are the only two proven hair regrowth methods (apart from some laser treatments) and that anything else is a waste of money. In order to disguise your thinning, consider Toppix or a tinted dry shampoo (Batiste is GOAT) to have fake fibres cling to the hair to give a full appearance.
>>
Thanks. Read heaps of reviews about the Tria. Will buy
>>
File: IMG_0091.jpg (55KB, 669x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0091.jpg
55KB, 669x496px
Started taking hair skin and nail vitamins and noticed that I've suddenly got acne.
Could the vitamins have caused it or would it have come from elsewhere?
I work in fast food, so maybe from there?
>>
>>12336620
If the hairline is the problem I'd recommend dermatch over toppik.
I'm a Norwood 1 with thinning in a 2 shape and I use it to hide it.
Taking dut for 4 years with no side effects that I know of and started regaine foam 2 days ago
>>
>>12336581
No I wash the coal stuff of straight after it sits there for like 3 minuets. I will start using it 1 day a week.

The orange stuff drys my face so that it is hard to stretch. But then after the moisturiser, its okay. Wouldn't that be fine?

What do you recommend for a toner? Should I still use the moisturiser of I get a toner
>>
File: 1433134225791.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1433134225791.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>depression from the accutane is starting
>>
Any tips on how to remove razor bump scars?

Some seem particularly resistant to the apple cider vinegar solution thats pretty much erased all t he others
>>
>>12337889
Sciesors
>>
>>12337894
how do I cut off a scar without making another scar
>>
I cut out dairy and I no longer get large, red, painful zits on my chin and forehead. I also started using black African soap and it works pretty well on my skin. I don't tone which is bad, an recommendations for a good toner? I use a light weight moisturizer and a few drops of argan oil and my skin is doing so much better than it was a year ago. I also use different varieties of face masks from lush about once or twice a week. Drinking more water too!
>>
File: IMG_0572.jpg (60KB, 750x687px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0572.jpg
60KB, 750x687px
>>12337889
Use a brightening mask I'd say and use spf on it. My favorite brightening mask is this one by fresh, it's pretty expensive but it worked great on my acne scars
>>
File: RosePetalToner-site.png (805KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RosePetalToner-site.png
805KB, 1000x1500px
>>12337987
this for toner
>>
File: IMG_20170323_132019.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170323_132019.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
Why do my hands look so gross. Like I'm a 40 year old. I want soft cute hands!!!
>>
File: IMG_20170323_132055.jpg (834KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170323_132055.jpg
834KB, 1080x1920px
>>12338101
Also I have two of these red things on my hand. If I apply pressure it goes white and the red disappears for like 5sec.
>>
>>12338101
It's called moisturizing you should try it sometime
>>
File: IMG_20170323_132100.jpg (816KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170323_132100.jpg
816KB, 1080x1920px
>>12338107
2nd one
>>
>>12338109
I do!!! I even use pumice stone on the tips of my fingers which makes it beautiful for a day
>>
I heard Coconut Oil is good for your skin, does anyone here use it? And how do you apply it?
>>
>>12338117
It's great for hair and body but I wouldn't use it in your face. It actually clogs pores and will break you out which people don't realize. Everybody is different but for me it broke me out. I use argan oil on my face and it does wonders and it doesn't clog your pores. If you're going to use an oil on your face I would check it out on the comedogenic scale to see if it's alright for your face.
>>
>>12338116
Hmm maybe try a really thick moisturizer or even an oil on your hands. Some people with really rough feet use coconut oil and sleep with socks on to help deeply moisturizer their feet that's where my logic comes from.
>>
>>12338132
what if my moisturizer expired 8 years ago?
>>
>>12338150
then you're fucking disgusting
>>
As someone who regularly has to nuke their face with anti acne creams, how do I get rid of the layer of dead, dry skin that layers my face every day?

Using a moisturizer constantly doesn't help.
>>
>>12338212
use a chemical exfoliant like tretinoin
>>
Anyone have experience with depilatories?(aka Nair/Veet/etc.)

I picked some up to try out, tested a bit on my inner thigh and it worked flawlessly. Used it a bit more liberally and got a ton of razor burn, which makes no sense to me. I thought the point of a depilatory was that it broke down the keratin and rounded the tips, preventing that sort of thing. Sort of blew the point of using it, since I've all these unattractive red razor bumps, and now the hair is growing back anyway.

I'd like to continue using it since it saves a TON of time in shaving and has a much better result - sans the razor burn, of course. Somewhere I must've fucked up in the process, right? Any advice?
>>
So I'm home from school on a break, and for some reason I always break out horribly at home. Is it the water difference in showering?

Also, what is the best way to get rid of redness after acne? Lastly, wouldn't a lack of masturbation (say there's no sex in the equation) cause increased testerone, and therefore overproduction of sebum?
>>
Critique my routine, it's basic. Tell me what I should add or subtract

1. Exfoliate in the shower once weekly on the same day I shave (monday, usually).

2. Toner on a makeup pad applied across my face

3. 5% Benzoyl Peroxide cream on spots/acne/blackheads

4. wait 10 minutes for the acne cream to dry

5. Apply SPF 30 moisturiser

aaaaannndd that's it. I have combination type skin, so not too oily, not too dry. I still get spots and acne fairly regularly, but I am still quite young (19) so that's to be expected, no?
>>
File: ujjHq.jpg (69KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
ujjHq.jpg
69KB, 645x773px
>>12330798
>tfw days away from starting Absorica
I swear to god if my acne isn't gone by the end of the summer I'm killing myself
>>
File: M8Dw7UQ.jpg (314KB, 689x950px) Image search: [Google]
M8Dw7UQ.jpg
314KB, 689x950px
>>12335783
nair

pic related
>>
>>12338503
Do you use a salicylic acid cleanser? It helps with the shedding of skin cells and blockage of pores. Unless your toner has it in it, in which case you just need some gentle cleanser (cetaphil and cerave are recommended by derms).
>>
>>12338212
I gently scrub it off in the shower with a wash cloth. Ran it past my dermatologist and she said it was okay to do.
>>
File: 2UEk3QZ.jpg (17KB, 527x612px) Image search: [Google]
2UEk3QZ.jpg
17KB, 527x612px
>>12337881
Hoping my accutane gives me the push to kill myself desu. Haven't started it yet, but I already got the prescription for it.
>>
File: 20170323_120647.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170323_120647.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
This is my first post in /fa/ ever.

I didn't win the beard gene lottery and this is as far as it can grow. I think my hair color is suitable for a good beard. But I can't grow it myself.

Are there any products that can help you grow a good beard?
>>
>>12335783
>>12338514

I'm >>12338466 , and while I've had some issues on large areas like the inside of my thighs and groin, Nair worked like a goddamn charm on my bum and my coin purse. Highly recommend. It was a piece of cake.
>>
>>12338667
How long have you been growing it, and how old are you? If you're still in your early 20's or younger and are tall and lanky, your genes for facial hair growth may not have kicked in all the way yet. Short and stocky people have them kick in much, much faster.

Secondly, it takes some people a solid month or more of growth to really get a good beard growing. I thought I couldn't grow one for the longest time. Then I decided to just push through four weeks of awful facial hair, and now I look like Jesus.
>>
>>12338671
This is 1 month old """""beard""""".
I'm almost 25. My father also never could grow a beard. I'm 178 cm and weight 75 if that matters.

I work out 2-3 times a week, drink lots of water and eat homemade food.
>>
>>12337329
For some people, biotin can screw around with hormonal levels which can then affect the skin, if you stop taking the supplement and notice that you stop getting any congestion, you'll know.

>>12337331
I've never used either - I'll make that a mental note

>>12337512
If it's a scrub, there's really no need to let it sit on the face (unless it has some sort of exfoliating acid which would more than the scrub ever would). You would apply it to the skin with gentle circular motions and then wash off, it can act as your cleanser if you don't wear makeup or sunscreen (which you should be using - the sunscreen that is). If you find that it is stripping the oils of your skin too much, it's possible that it is too harsh of a cleanser or possibly a different consistency than your skin needs, you might benefit more from a lightly foaming cream cleanser which will be more gentle on the skin than a gel.
>Should I still use the moisturiser of I get a toner
You should use a toner in combination with the moisturiser, there are few brands which offer toners free of irritants yet provide good ingredients, the best I can think of is Neutrogena's alcohol-free toner or any of the toners from Paula's Choice or even some of the gentle (you don't want colour or ingredients like witch hazel or citrus oils like mandarin or orange) toners from Clinique, can't think of any specific one from them because I find it to be overpriced for what you get.

>>12337881
Hang in there anon

>>12337889
Follow your shave with a product containing BHA to stop ingrowns/irritation/bumps/redness from occurring in the first place - this will also help with existing bumps. Do not put apple cider vinegar on your face - it's a meme - eat a tablespoon of it a day if you want but dear god don't put it on your face. There's no research to say it does anything and the irritation from its pH can irritate the skin.
>>
>>12337987
>>12337987
Depending on the brand that you're getting it from (I assume SheaMoisture), some of the ingredients (like the base [you don't know what you're getting], some of the essential oils [again unlisted] or even the iron oxides [for the colour]) might irritate and/or clog the skin, this is typical of bar soaps. As for a toner, DO NOT use one with witch hazel like >>12338010 recommended - you would be doing more harm to your skin than good. As I mentioned, Neutrogena, PC or Clinique are some of the few companies which make irritant-free toners. As for your face masks, Lush is notoriously bad for including harsh cleansing agents and irritants - I would stay far far away from the brand.

>>12338010
No. Bad. No.

>>12338101
>>12338107
>>12338111
From the looks of your hands, you have thin skin and dryness at the tips which is evidence of eczema to some degree. Try a hand cream medicated with a cortisone at night and, of course, SPF during the day.

>>12338117
>>12338126
Actually coconut oil earns a bad rap for clogging pores. When regarding your choice of moisturiser, you should go on texture (obviously it needs to irritant-free) rather than most other things. If someone has very dry, dry or combo skin, using coconut oil in those areas is vary viable. Coconut oil contains lauric acid which has been found to be antibacterial against acne-causing bacteria - however there is to solid research to say that coconut oil itself will have the same effect. As the other anon pointed out, argan oil is less heavy and as a result is less moisturising, again, it depends on your skin type.
>>
>>12338212
What specifically are you using? If you cleanse your face, apply toner/serums/cream/moisturiser and then finish with a humectant (like Vaseline, lanolin etc.), that will help to seal in moisture to avoid flaking. Ask your dermatologist if you can introduce BHA into your routine as this will help your skin to more naturally shed rather than relying on abrasives frequently which can seriously injure skin.

>>12338309
It's possible they are already using a retinoid and, as such, adding another might cause harm rather than good.

>>12338466
It might have been that you let the cream sit for too long? Some brands have higher dosages which means a shorter time for the product to work, but a high risk of irritation occurring. You could possibly try a brand that is not so strong but is left on longer.

>>12338495
The whole hard/soft water thing is very anecdotal but it is certainly possible that a build up of minerals could break you out in theory. It could also be coincidence - does this always happen? Have you changed a product? If neither of these are an issue, potentially try a thermal water (From the likes of Avéne or La Rosche-Posay) after cleansing and then use a cotton pad to swipe off the water after letting it sit for a minute or two. If you notice a difference it could definitely be your water quality. And if it is I would suggest investing in either a water filter for your water supply or a water-filtering jug and splashing your face with the filtered water instead of using tap water (Avéne and LRP are expensive BS but their thermal waters are good to test this).
>Lastly, wouldn't a lack of masturbation...
This is more or less the same argument for the whole dairy thing - there's little evidence and the stuff that exists simply shows a change in hormones which can or may affect skin, again, probably nullified by a good skincare routine.
>>
>>12338503
What sort of exfoliator/cleanser? What sort of toner? Be more specific. As for BP, applying it to spot treat is useless because by the time the spot has formed, killing the bacteria is moot. A spot treatment with salicylic acid, however, will actually work well in this regard.
>I have combination type skin
If you have combo skin, you'll find a benefit from layering moisturiser (i.e. apply toner allover, follow with a moisturiser on only the dry parts of the face and then finish with SPF all over). As for your age, acne is treated in the same way to begin with, so it doesn't really matter.

>>12338507
Retinoids can be a pain to use, once you find one that works for you though, you'll thank yourself for sticking with it.

>>12338514
That was a ride I'll admit

>>12338521
No point of having active ingredients in wash-off products

>>12338667
Only ingredients like finasteride and minoxidil will help to grow new hair, otherwise you won't eve have a full beard unless you grow it out like >>12338671 mentioned. Although seeing that you're 25 and the photo is of a month of beard growth, I can't say there's a lot of help for you.
>>
>>12338309
I use tretinoin every day, my dermatologist prescribed it to me.
>>12338525
Suppose I could try that, my skin gets so sensitive though it's painful to the touch.
>>12338712
I'm using a combination of tretinoin and benzoyl peroxide when I can stand it. I then use cerave moisturizing cream every night before I go to sleep.
>>
>>12338712
I think that might have been it, but I wasn't sure. The directions are very confusing, as they want you to shower after only a minute of application, but then leave the cream on in the shower for like 10 minutes, which is pretty weird to me.
>>
>>12330801
>stop the fappin
I will do this without any problem if it will legitimately help. I have aids acne and wank daily.
>>
Hey anons, I have a problem that makes me really fucking insecure, because people bring it up rather often. I have a big ass forehead, and lots of these giant creases that show up if I am not constantly scowling. Even when I put my eyebrows down there are now big wrinkles set in my forehead from the main creases. How can I deal with rhis anons? Is there any way to fix?
>>
File: 1490267260628.jpg (130KB, 1836x1148px) Image search: [Google]
1490267260628.jpg
130KB, 1836x1148px
>>12338797
Here is a pic with full eyebrows up.
>>
File: 1490267387739.jpg (126KB, 1833x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1490267387739.jpg
126KB, 1833x1367px
>>12338797
And down.
>>
I have some nasty scarring on my cheek from ingrown hairs & trying/ failing to remove them. Is there anything i can do to minimise it or get rid of it?
>>
>>12338667
They are putting something in our food or water I swear. No one can grow a beard now days
>>
>>12338798
That looks really tasty.
>>
>>12338872
Lmao what?
>>
>>12338738
You sound like you have really sensitive skin and as such I would heavily advise avoiding abrasives including scrubs, brushes and face towels. Stick to moisturising and your acne treatments - remember you can only kill acne with kindness.

>>12338754
Yeah that sounds very weird. I'd try letting the cream sit for 10 minutes and then wash it off. The increased sensitivity of the skin combined with hot water might also be a problem, so make the initial part of the shower much cooler than you normally would.

>>12338785
What's your skincare routine?

>>12338797
>>12338798
>>12338801
Out of curiosity, has your hairline possibly receded since you were younger or has it remained the same for the last few years? It's potentially early onset MBP. To help with the forehead increases, daily sunscreen application is non negotiable, as well, antioxidants combined with hyaluronic acid will help to plump, soften and decrease the appearance of these lines - this will stop the lines from getting worse. To completely reverse the effects, botox is really the only answer unfortunately.

>>12338806
BHA after shaving and everyday will stop ingrowns in their tracks. Also avoid irritants and, if all else fails, don't shave against the grain.

>>12338870
Mostly genetics, middle-eastern and continental europeans don't typically find it difficult. Otherwise min and fin are always options.
>>
>>12338938
Cheers mate. You mean mpb? I hope I am not balding, I am only 18, so sad to go bald this early. My hairline has always been shit and also I have always had thin hair. Will definitely incorporate your recommendations to stop it getting worse.
>>
I had really bad breakouts for 3 years. Today I went to school without any make up on my face for the first time in ages, my skin cleared up completely and I felt really comfortable.
I feel happy. Even if it wasn't a huge issue, it made me feel really insecure and now that my face cleared up it feels nice.
So, thank you for all the advice. You made some bitch happier.
>>
are bb creams a meme?
>>
Good beginner razor blades? I heard to not start with Feather because of how sharp they are.
>>
File: 1490279996713 (1).jpg (193KB, 2592x953px) Image search: [Google]
1490279996713 (1).jpg
193KB, 2592x953px
please can someone help me make my eyebrows look qt
im scared to shape too much when i have such shitty growth to start with...do you think i need to start filling them in? thank you
>>
I didn't get the memo that differin/apadalene is OTC now. Awesome news, it's $30 instead of $300.
>>
>>12339381
Cute eyebrows :3
>>
i went on the keto diet and all of my acne went away and my face cleared up completely. i dont even need to use any kind of skincare routine anymore.
>>
>>12339381
Get them threaded.
>>
File: 1483936994297.jpg (24KB, 529x583px) Image search: [Google]
1483936994297.jpg
24KB, 529x583px
>>12330798
Yo my lips are looking like the sahara desert. How do I keep smooth even lips so I can pursue my career as a lip model? My Yes To Coconut lip balm doesnt do shit for me
>>
>>12338699
What's wrong with Thayers Toners?
>>
>>12340785
On the off chance you're not full of shit, I'd make sure you're staying well-hydrated. You can slather your lips in chapstick/lip balm all day and it won't matter if you're dehydrated.
>>
>>12340842
I should be drinking enough. Are there any recommendations for products though?
>>
File: IMG_0483.jpg (886KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0483.jpg
886KB, 4032x3024px
How to I fix what my lip biting and accutane accomplished
>>
>>12338967
Yes, did mean mpb

>>12339249
This feeling is what overrides all struggles with acne - everyone can get through it

>>12339335
Not really, they blur (pun intended) the line between makeup and skincare because they're more or less a tinted moisturiser/foundation depending on coverage and ingredients. I personally don't use/need foundation because I think having naturally flawless skin shouldn't need to be covered.

>>12339353
I don't like the /fa/ trend of safety razors. At least for me, they perform much worse than a good cartridge. in saying that, the only brand I've tried is Wilkinson Sword which is not as sharp as feather but most certainly not blunt.

>>12339381
The only thing I notice is the sparseness on the outer of the brow compared to the inner. You could fill them in but unless you do a good job (using something thin like the Anastasia Brow Wiz) it'll be very noticeable. Otherwise you could pick up a clear mascara/brow gel which will give the illusion that the brow hairs are thicker and also keep them in place. Unless you're going for a feminine look, stay away from threading/plucking (except for the centre, unibrow aren't good).

>>12339585
What country?

>>12340144
Pics or it didn't happen

>>12340785
>>12340856
The GOAT (IMO) for lip balm is Blistex SPF 15 Conditioning Lip Balm (in the stick form). It literally does not stop moisturising no matter how much you eat/drink/smudge/rub your lips. You want to be exfoliating lips frequently and following with heavy moisturisers like vaseline/lanolin. In any case, exfoliate, moisturise and protect with SPF.
>>
>>12340808
Witch hazel is a commonly used plant extract that can have potent antioxidant properties and some anti-irritant properties. However, witch hazel’s high tannin content (tannin is a potent antioxidant) can also make it irritating if used repeatedly on skin because it constricts blood flow. The bark of the witch hazel plant has a higher tannin content than the leaves. Producing witch hazel water by steam distillation removes the tannins, but the plant’s astringent qualities are what most believe give it benefit. [1, 2, 3]

Alcohol is added during the distillation process, the amount typically being 14–15%. [4] Witch hazel water is distilled from all parts of the plant; therefore, you never know exactly what you’re getting, although the alcohol content remains.

Depending on the form of witch hazel, you’re exposing your skin either to an irritating amount of alcohol (which causes free-radical damage and collagen breakdown) or to tannins, or both. Moreover, witch hazel contains the fragrance chemical eugenol, which is another source of irritation. [5]

[1] Hughes-Formella B, Filbry A, Gassmueller J, Rippke F. Anti-inflammatory efficacy of topical preparations with 10% hamamelis distillate in a UV erythema test. Skin Pharmacol Appl Skin Physiol. 2002;15(2):125-32.
[2] Choi H, Choi J, Han Y, Bae S, Chung H. Peroxynitrite scavenging activity of herb extracts. Phytother Res. 2002;16(4):364-7.
[3] Masaki H, Atsumi T, Sakurai H. Protective activity of hamamelitannin on cell damage of murine skin fibroblasts induced by UVB irradiation. J Dermatol Sci.. 1995;10(1):25-34.
[4] Thring T, Hili P, Naughton D. Antioxidant and potential anti-inflammatory activity of extracts and formulations of white tea; rose; and witch hazel on primary human dermal fibroblast cells. J Inflamm (Lond).. 2011;8:27.
>>
>>12340808
(cont.)
[5] Trüeb R. North American Virginian Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana): Based Scalp Care and Protection for Sensitive Scalp; Red Scalp; and Scalp Burn-Out. Int J Trichology. 2014;6(3):100-103.

>>12341039
Lip care? Exfoliate -> Moisturise -> Protect (SPF)
>>
>>12341039

i think you have something on your face ,senpai
>>
What is /fa/s opinion on laser treatment for hair and freckles?
>>
>>12341078
Well shit, I was recommended this before and fell in love with the cucumber scent. It'll be sad to see this go
>>
File: 61AJcAlMNuL._SX522_.jpg (30KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
61AJcAlMNuL._SX522_.jpg
30KB, 522x522px
>>12341169
This one not the rose petal
>>
>>12341099

if you can afford it do electrolysis instead.
>>
>>12338938
If I have to avoid scrubs and towels how will I get rid of the dry skin?
>>
guys, i cant get rid of my open/closed comedones. i tried steaming and scrubbing but it wont help. how can i get rid of those black pores?
>>
>>12341073
>What country
United States brah
>>
>>12338801
botox. no sarcasm.
>>
>Used to have really bad acne in high school
>Prescribed doxycycline for treatment
>clears up my face completely
>after being done taking the pills started getting bloody wipes on the toilet
>health begins to decline throughout the months as shitting blood and diarrhea increases
>Finally get colonoscopy getting diagnosed with ulcerative colitis
>Been getting blood and iron transfusions because hardcore anemia
>Trying different medicines to control inflammation while my weight drops down to 160(used to be almost 190)
>Have to find a way to keep things straight with my health since I'm going to be living with this for the rest of my life
Apparently Accutane and Doxycyline has some links to bowel disorders but not enough hard evidence I guess. Don't have any family members that has it and it defiantly started after I stopped taking the medicine. Just keep this shit in mind when you go to a dermatologist. It will be better to see if your acne will go away over time or through diet changes than just taking medicine for it.
>>
>>12341424
Doxy seriously gave you UC? That sucks, from what I've heard Doxy is a very safe drug. Accutane did leave me with permanent side effects though, soon after I stopped I started seeing halos around bright lights at night. It didn't even clear me up for good, so now I have halos and awful skin again.
>>
>>12341532
Yeah it's like medicine that can fuck you up permanently to have temporary clear skin. There just doesn't seem to be enough evidence that it does cause it but it's strange to see a huge number of people that happen to get the disease after taking acne medication and tons of articles on it. Had to take expensive ass medicine called Lialda(around $900 a bottle for a month) that turns out to give me nonstop diarrhea and doesn't do shit. Prednisone works but can fuck up your body. Just started taking Uceris budesonide so hopefully that stuff will work but probably gonna end up with another colonoscopy(literally starve yourself for 3 days for preparations). I'm just so thankful to have parents with good healthcare and money.
>>
Is proactive a meme if you can afford it? Or are there similar for less money?
>>
>>12341638
Should honestly just try it. It didn't do shit for me but I see it work for others. I would personally recommend any face wash with benzoyl preoxide.
>>
>>12341638

proactive is just benzoyl peroxide, and only like 2%, which only treats simple acne or breakouts. It does nothing for inflammatory skin disorders or anything below skin surface. if you want BP then just get a 10% max strength serum
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.